Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Code RED!! Many Wordpress webites are getting hacked right now! - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Code RED!! Many Wordpress webites are getting hacked right now! (896 Views)

Code Red! For Many Wordpress Webites / Pls: Security Is Very Important Just Like You Are Getting Paid / Nigeria Web Developers Are Getting Mad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Code RED!! Many Wordpress webites are getting hacked right now! by mkohagwu(m): 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2011
Attackers (me included grin) are exploiting a widely used extension for the WordPress publishing platform to take control of vulnerable websites.

quickly rush to the cpanel of your wordpress hosting and search for the following file-

timthumb.php
timthumbs.php

And upgrade it to the latest version of the file (its attached below,  just change the extension to php)

hundreds of thousands of wordpress installations are vulnerable!!! All woo themes have it.  the faulty file is used by wordpress to resize images etc

STAY SAFE

PS: mods unban my other account emeka.d.  was banned while trying to post this angry

Re: Code RED!! Many Wordpress webites are getting hacked right now! by Sub5(m): 11:04pm On Aug 29, 2011
Thanks for still sharing this info inspite of the red curtine by the mod.
Re: Code RED!! Many Wordpress webites are getting hacked right now! by OmniPotens(m): 12:02pm On Aug 30, 2011
Sub5:

Thanks for still sharing this info inspite of the red curtine by the mod.
What red curtain?

(1) (Reply)

"Sssshhhhhhh!!! Kiss And Tell! Do Not Say I Told You So!" / Floating Sharing Widget Featuring For Blogger Blogs / How To Start Gsm Short Code Sms Cool Cash Business With A Token Money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.