Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Pls, What Can Make A Jerk Violently While Accelerating ! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pls, What Can Make A Jerk Violently While Accelerating ! (17731 Views)

Delayed And Slow Response In Accelerating My 2005 Toyota Camry V6 Se / Why Does The Steering Of My 2004 Corolla Rocks Violently From 120km/hr Upwards? / Vibrating Steering While Accelerating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls, What Can Make A Jerk Violently While Accelerating ! by pak: 10:18pm On Aug 29, 2011
Hello guys,
I use a 2003 model Honda Accord.
I just noticed some days back that while accelerating, my car suddenly jerks violently.
Let me explain better, If the car is at, say 40km/hr and I start accelerating,
when it gets to like 60 it stops increasing speed and starts jerking violently,
if I take my leg a bit away from the pedal and move at constant speed (60km/hr) for about 30 seconds
and then accelerate again it will respond to the acceleration until I get to like 80km/hr and it jerks again.
and the same cycle occurs at 100km/hr.

Please is there anybody with an idea of what can be going wrong with the car.
Responses will be appreciated.

P.S. - The first time I noticed, I did the wheel balancing and alignment but the probs still persist.
Re: Pls, What Can Make A Jerk Violently While Accelerating ! by Mcoldsoja(m): 10:34pm On Aug 29, 2011
Doin a wheel balance has nothin 2 do wit jerking, except you have vibrations at that speed. This jerkin would most likely be a fuel system related problem and your check engine light should be on. Hence, you need to have the car scanned to isolate the real problem.
Re: Pls, What Can Make A Jerk Violently While Accelerating ! by olawaleoje(m): 12:00am On Aug 30, 2011
FUEL SYSTEM. jarking because the fuel system is failing.
Re: Pls, What Can Make A Jerk Violently While Accelerating ! by sultaan(m): 12:19am On Aug 30, 2011
Engine misfire can cause that too, get car scanned and it will tell you which cylinder is not working.

1 Like

Re: Pls, What Can Make A Jerk Violently While Accelerating ! by Middleman: 2:02am On Aug 30, 2011
i am experiencing the exact same issue with an 04 element. the car has visited several mechs they said they scanned it and i should change the fuel pump, we did that but still dint solve the issue so they took it back to service the nozzle and injector. should get the car by wednesday if its perfect i will let u know. cheers
Re: Pls, What Can Make A Jerk Violently While Accelerating ! by calculusx(m): 3:28am On Aug 30, 2011
Middleman:

i am experiencing the exact same issue with an 04 element. the car has visited several mechs they said they scanned it and i should change the fuel pump, we did that but still dint solve the issue so they took it back to service the nozzle and injector. should get the car by wednesday if its perfect i will let u know. cheers

Servicing the nozzle and injector will solve the problem. Exactly what i did for a Customer over the weekend and Car is back up and running.
Re: Pls, What Can Make A Jerk Violently While Accelerating ! by pak: 2:34pm On Aug 30, 2011
@All
Thanks everyone for your responses.

@Sultaan
I intended to have it scanned today but the wahala in Jos didnt allow me. but I pray its not engine problem O (In Jesus Name)

I'll recommend the issue of servicing the Injector and nozzle to my mech when I see him.

@middleman
How come its gonna take till wednesday to get the car ?
Is it not somethin that can be done within a day ?
Re: Pls, What Can Make A Jerk Violently While Accelerating ! by calculusx(m): 4:34pm On Aug 30, 2011
pak:

@All
Thanks everyone for your responses.

@Sultaan
I intended to have it scanned today but the wahala in Jos didnt allow me. but I pray its not engine problem O (In Jesus Name)

I'll recommend the issue of servicing the Injector and nozzle to my mech when I see him.

@middleman
How come its gonna take till wednesday to get the car ?
Is it not somethin that can be done within a day ?

Yes it can be done the same day, though it takes time and if the technician is a busy person,it may take days.
Re: Pls, What Can Make A Jerk Violently While Accelerating ! by luvinhubby(m): 5:22pm On Aug 30, 2011
Apart from the nozzles, injector or fuel pump, check your ECU or what we call brain box, faulty ones also can cause jerking in motion.
Re: Pls, What Can Make A Jerk Violently While Accelerating ! by nissparts(m): 6:30pm On Aug 30, 2011
Sounds like misfiring caused by one or more of your ignition coils

(1) (Reply)

2007-2016 LEXUS LS460L...GS350...ES350...IS250 (4d Chairmen) Brandnew & Toks / MINT And Great 2002 Toyota Sienna** Pre-order From Fhemmmy / 2013 Model Lexus Es350 Toks Full Option Good Deal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.