Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Which If These Resonates With You? - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Which If These Resonates With You? (162 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Which If These Resonates With You? by Pojomojo: 7:18am On Dec 15, 2022
FTX was using QuickBooks for its multibillion dollar business,

Processing expense reports through Slack.

The company had no CFO and no Board of Directors.

Yet, it was able to attract a lot investors and celebrities' endorsements, including:

- Tom Brady

- Kevin O'Leary

- Steph Curry

- Shaq

Plus renowned investment firms, like:

- Sequoia Capital

- SoftBank

- BlackRock

Just to name a few.

That's something my accountant's mind is struggling to understand.

Which makes me wonder:

1️⃣ As a Finance and Accounting community, how should we educate investors?

Granted some may rather listen to their favorite influencers, than a "boring" CPA.

2️⃣ At which point should a private company hire a CFO and/or independent board members?

Good Corporate Governance should not depend on company size.

The rise of fractional CFO and other executive services makes this affordable for a broader range of companies.

3️⃣ What kind of regulations should be in place to prevent millions of dollars being raised with no oversight?

Public companies face a bunch of regulations, but companies on their way there, not so much.

Yet, over-regulating could slow down the growth of certain companies.

4️⃣ How would things be different if Sam Bankman-Fried was Black?

I doubt he would have "benefited" from such a prolongued lack of scrutiny and due diligence.

Someone would have caught him a long time ago...

So, let's talk!

Which question, 1️⃣, 2️⃣, 3️⃣ and/or 4️⃣ resonated with you most?

(1) (Reply)

Current State Of Cryptocurrency Adoption / I Was Not Involved In Obasanjo’s Second Niger Bridge Groundbreaking Ceremony / The 10 Commandments Of Crypto Investing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.