Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,261 members, 7,839,324 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:57 PM

Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn (21301 Views)

10 Nigerian Celebs Who Skipped Voting Day / Mercy Johnson Is Wanted By Nigerian Police / Pictures Of Celebrities At Mercy Johnson's Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by tlops(m): 3:05pm On Aug 31, 2011
I think some churches ask this question long before the wedding when the couples-to-be are presented. Even in places where it is asked how many people have ever raised their hands to object, ?
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by Gbenge77(m): 3:09pm On Aug 31, 2011
tlops:

I think some churches ask this question long before the wedding when the couples-to-be are presented. Even in places where it is asked how many people have ever raised their hands to object, ?
true.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by johnjoel(m): 3:11pm On Aug 31, 2011
we all no say there must be a boko harrass so no need for pastor to ask<>> shekina
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by Outstrip(f): 3:15pm On Aug 31, 2011
I thought she dumped Christ's Embassy
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by Dokai: 4:11pm On Aug 31, 2011
Y do we have so many haters?? Its a free world! If she was unknown who wud give a hoot?
These days that question is no more asked on the wedding day because some people(wey get bad belle) use it to halt or disrupt the wedding proceedings with out any good reason. The question is asked at differnt times in the church before the wedding day. If some one comes up with a reason for why they should not get married, then the matter is investigated. @ OP: Dont u think that is a more matured way of handling disruptions that are not called for?
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by tpia5: 4:32pm On Aug 31, 2011
b0dnel:

In as much as I hate MJ for going ahead with the wedding, the said question:

is NOT IN THE BIBLE and ITS NOT EVEN SCRIPTURAL, the whole church wedding white wedding thingy is Man's contraception,
because of ifnorance, we see it as a spiritual exercise!

church wedding itself is not in the bible, and i think the question if anyone has an objection, might be from the civil code.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by tpia5: 4:33pm On Aug 31, 2011
brainpulse:

2 Pet 2: 1-3, 13,18- talks about what we will see in this end times. Christ embassy is the church of the end time for those that knows the bible very well. Rev 2: 14 , 20 talks about them again. Those that have ears let them hear. for Christ is coming for a church without wrinkles or blemish. We should also know the difference btw religion gathering and church

for those who have ears to hear.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by Sinju: 5:21pm On Aug 31, 2011
Having a wedding party and being married are not the same thing. You can have a wedding and not be married if your spouse is still legally married to someone else anywhere in the world. The wedding party is just a social event and having children with a man after having a wedding party does not make you married to him.

To all the women out there, make sure you register your "wedding" (traditional, church,mosque etc) with the courts to make it legal. If you cannot produce a marriage certificate, your marriage get K-leg in the eyes of the law. This is becoming increasingly important in our generation. Just ask a lawyer or those getting divorced or those whose "husbands" died prematurely.

Educate yourself. Knowledge nah power.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by tpia5: 5:23pm On Aug 31, 2011
This is becoming increasingly important in our generation

true that.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by aloyemeka2: 7:13pm On Aug 31, 2011
haryourmi:

Asking dat question is one of every pastor Addict in every union, bt i tink the pastor nd the couples really undastand best. We all knw mercy.

Lol grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by mondob2k(m): 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2011
Leave MJ alone!! She needs to enjoy her marriage. the pastor need to ask a question he already knows the answer to. the church should have investigated then decide whether or not to wed the couple
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by vislabraye(m): 8:21pm On Aug 31, 2011
I wonder whether the church gave the supposed married woman audience. Well, we hope Mercy has a marriage certificate sha O. But by the way, what is she doing with a blackberry .
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by deadie(m): 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2011
Religion is fraud in the first place, no surprise here.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by thegeorgy(f): 10:27pm On Aug 31, 2011
una still dey this Mercy Johnson matter?please leave the poor girl to enjoy her marriage.besides the question musn't be asked.efi omolomo sile ooooooo!
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by Roland17(m): 1:27am On Sep 01, 2011
Every where u go in Nigeria u must see the BB madness grin grin even among the so called Celebrities, which one come be BB 4 hand on wedding day, at least the BB for get break today.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by lastpage: 1:49am On Sep 01, 2011
This mercy matter again!
Same faces, same song!

NA wa O! shocked grin
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by WebSurfer(m): 8:41am On Sep 01, 2011
that pastor just ruined his reputation for some worldly and materialistic element
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by Bestglo(f): 9:49am On Sep 01, 2011
That's their cup of tea,let them enjoy or endure it
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by loanmoney: 9:51am On Sep 01, 2011
it must nt be an impo kweshun,bt dn, wish her al d best
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by akinnux(m): 10:26am On Sep 01, 2011
I now believe that the Devil has finally taken over the Christ Embassy organisation. I have always had my reservation about that "church", but I am now fully convinced. Please forget the 'miracles' and 'sweet sermons' delivered by their charismatic pastors. Why dabble into such such a controversial wedding without resolving the grey areas. I think CAN should comment on this, over to you Pastor Oritshejafor.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by Pk001(m): 1:52pm On Sep 01, 2011
Is not about Mercy Johnson's wedding.

That question is never asked in Christ embassy weddings?

The reason is that a week before the wedding, the church members are notified and the couple to be wedded are introduced. So anybody that has anything against them is expected to confront the church and say his mind and it is resolved the best way.
Is not on the wedding that you come bring confusion. There is nothing biblical about that.

Go and find out, that question has surely been asked days before the wedding.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by Kx: 1:55pm On Sep 01, 2011
NL pls allow this newly wed to be.
but hope their honeymoon is not in Italy or Canada grin
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by Nobody: 6:47pm On Sep 01, 2011
This is a shame to the church, that is not her church and I sure she didn't attend the pre-marital classes. I'm surprised what money can do. wed a married man and a pregnant woman.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by rubi(f): 8:05pm On Sep 01, 2011
What do you expect when xtainity has been watered down
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by ayandee: 4:02am On Sep 02, 2011
Sinju:

Having a wedding party and being married are not the same thing. You can have a wedding and not be married if your spouse is still legally married to someone else anywhere in the world. The wedding party is just a social event and having children with a man after having a wedding party does not make you married to him.

To all the women out there, make sure you register your "wedding" (traditional, church,mosque etc) with the courts to make it legal. If you cannot produce a marriage certificate, your marriage get K-leg in the eyes of the law. This is becoming increasingly important in our generation. Just ask a lawyer or those getting divorced or those whose "husbands" died prematurely.

Educate yourself. Knowledge nah power.
@sinju I quite agree with u that having a wedding party does not make u married if ur supposed spouse is already married to someone else. Brilliant point! However, i would like to clear the air on the issue of registration. Marriages are registered at the marriage registries, not in courts. Courts only deal with dissolution of marriages and not celebration. Secondly, the mere fact that someone contracted a traditional or islamic marriage without registration does not invalidate the marriage. However, in law those marriages are recognised as potentially polygamous. Hence, d husband may marry other women under the same customary or islamic law and such subsequent marriages would also be valid. The basic rule is there should be no subsisting marriage (whether customary, islamic or statutory) at the time of the wedding. Thus, for instance, if a woman gets married in church or marriage registry to a man who has a subsisting marriage under customary law, that new marriage is invalid. The certificate issued there is worthless. At best, the holder of d certificate is a customary wife. Nevertheless, a marriage validly celebrated under statute (whether in church or registry) confers some benefits on the wife where d husband dies leaving no will. Such wife is entitled to share in d properties. Customary wives get nothing. Watch out people, not all churches are licensed to celebrate weddings. If ur church is not licensed and u intend to be a statutory wife, ensure u visit d nearest marriage registry around u. that having a wedding party does not make u married if ur supposed spouse is already married to someone else. Brilliant point! However, i would like to clear the air on the issue of registration. Marriages are registered at the marriage registries, not in courts. Courts only deal with dissolution of marriages and not celebration. Secondly, the mere fact that someone contracted a traditional or islamic marriage without registration does not invalidate the marriage. However, in law those marriages are recognised as potentially polygamous. Hence, d husband may marry other women under the same customary or islamic law and such subsequent marriages would also be valid. The basic rule is there should be no subsisting marriage (whether customary, islamic or statutory) at the time of the wedding. Thus, for instance, if a woman gets married in church or marriage registry to a man who has a subsisting marriage under customary law, that new marriage is invalid. The certificate issued there is worthless. At best, the holder of d certificate is a customary wife. Nevertheless, a marriage validly celebrated under statute (whether in church or registry) confers some benefits on the wife where d husband dies leaving no will. Such wife is entitled to share in d properties. Customary wives get nothing. Watch out people, not all churches are licensed to celebrate weddings. If ur church is not licensed and u intend to be a statutory wife, ensure u visit d nearest marriage registry around u.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by tpia5: 5:39am On Sep 02, 2011
cne010:

This is a shame to the church, that is not her church and I sure she didn't attend the pre-marital classes. I'm surprised what money can do. wed a married man and a pregnant woman.

small thing.

next in line- gaay weddings.

hope prunce odo wont be back for one of those.

the pastor shouldnt rest on his oars yet.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by isleman(m): 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2011
What church did you say it is? what do you expect? end time church where money speaks! if it was skipped, then it is not marriage, they are deceiving themselves. why not simply have traditional marriage? okay, they want to wear the skimpy stuff and etc.

rubishes!!! if there is anything like that!
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by isleman(m): 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2011
Pk001:

Is not about Mercy Johnson's wedding.

That question is never asked in Christ embassy weddings?

The reason is that a week before the wedding, the church members are notified and the couple to be wedded are introduced. So anybody that has anything against them is expected to confront the church and say his mind and it is resolved the best way.
Is not on the wedding that you come bring confusion. There is nothing biblical about that.

Go and find out, that question has surely been asked days before the wedding.

please don't provoke me and don't insult Christianity. are a Christian at all? if you are is that what your bible says? oh gosh!! embarassed embarassed embarassed

please read your bible over again, if you cant, go watch a movie that has marriage in it.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by AmeboAjela(f): 4:52pm On Sep 02, 2011
Arrangee!!!
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by crossman9(m): 11:02pm On Jan 21, 2012
well this church destroyed my life in a similar way they are workers of evil in this church i was going to get married

but because i spoke out against their false teaching they said i was full of demons and the person turned against me and their own mother aswell and she left her to die now i pay for the mothers medication to keep the mother alive she turned against the mother because she did not like the man who she was wanting to marry the daughter tried to run me over with the car because she did not like what I said about the church one night in anger I told the people in the church they were not bothered because I was white and he was needing a passport into the Uk they encouraged it they told me they would speak to the pastor to get rid of me and this took place in London I asked them what is more important paying tithes or paying for food for your mother and medication they told her to pay tithes before the mothers medication, so if I did not step in the mother would have died so for 3 years now I have be looking after a woman that is not my mother and the daughter got married to the man, and she has abandoned the mother?

they done something very much the same to a Nigerian I know they told his wife to leave him and move into the church peoples house the man lost his home and in the end this was because she was lonely she meet some fellow Nigerians who asked her to the church now the man has lost his house and wife all he had all because of Christ embassy?

Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by vanstanzy(m): 10:09pm On May 17, 2012
aloy-emeka:
[size=14pt]Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedding[/size]
By staff 6 hours 52 minutes ago

Guys pls dont crucify me before you read this, to me this is very strange. I haven't seen a wedding where the official in charge of the wedding (especially a Pastor) will skip the VERY Important question, (objection to the wedding) this question is always supposed to be asked even in a law court. "IS THERE ANYONE WHO OBJECTS TO THIS WEDDING?"

For me I believe this question is very important because this is the main part of the wedding ceremony, and this is done to make sure that neither party wasn't already married and to make sure that both parties are in consent to the marriage and It used to be part of the ceremony for legal reasons as this will help the officiating minister stay out of legal trouble having declared that neither party was already married.

[img]http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/thumbnail.php?file=wedding_mercy_johnson_356607594.jpg&size=article_medium[/img]

Well for me it goes to show that the church knows something was not right and they just squeezed all the scenes together because the pastor was smart, Pastor Tom Obiazi of Christ Embassy smartly skipped all the wahala Question/scenes and he went ahead to officiate and bless the union.

Well against all odds, Mercy Johnson is a married woman, once married your status can no longer be single, the next option is either seperated or divorce (Thats not my prayer for them) I wish them a successful marriage.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/headlines/109060-christ-embassy-pastor-skipped-most-important-question-at-mercy-johnson039s-wedding.html

@op

As much as i hate to say this, i have to. Their marriage is being BUILT ON DECEIT and will give way for a rather bitter ending. Sorry to say.
Re: Christ Embassy Pastor, Skipped Most Important Question At Mercy Johnson's Wedn by katilicious(f): 5:58pm On Jun 29, 2012
nimma: Well in my own church, those questions are asked way before the wedding during every service! That is more than enough time for any one with objections to come with proof! It is usually not asked on the wedding day! I think thats how Christ Embassy operates too cuz i have attended a wedding there once. So it has absolutely nothing to do with Mercy!
dat has bin cancil in many churcher b curent o.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

An Old Picture Of Dbanj And Don Jazzy Together / Kiss Daniel, Kcee And Ubi Franklin Pictured Together / Jada Pinkett Thought The Will Smith's Oscars Slap Was 'A Skit'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.