Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,618 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:40 PM

Katangua Market - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Katangua Market (1558 Views)

Katangua Market / Katangua Market (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Katangua Market by seansifo(m): 11:33am On Dec 16, 2022
Good morning @all,

I'm considering getting new set of clothes and I heard that clothes are wey cheaper at katangua market and I would like to know if anyone has been there recently and if there's anything I need to take note of before going

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Katangua Market by MikeMicheal(m): 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2022
seansifo:
Good morning @all,

I'm considering getting new set of clothes and I heard that clothes are wey cheaper at katangua market and I would like to know if anyone has been there recently and if there's anything I need to take note of before going

Thanks
High chances of buying things you wont like.

1 Like

Re: Katangua Market by seansifo(m): 11:38am On Dec 17, 2022
Really!

What do you advise please?

MikeMicheal:
High chances of buying things you wont like.
Re: Katangua Market by MikeMicheal(m): 1:12pm On Dec 17, 2022
seansifo:
Really!

What do you advise please?

Firstly, go early in the morning before 9am, make you no buy leftovers.
Also don't dress too much, else they will see you as a bigboy with cash and inflate prices.

Also, be prepared because those boys in the market, will keep disturbing you that "wetin you wan buy? i get am"
Most of them are just affiliate, they take you to sellers and get a percentage, the percentage they will get from seller will make seller increase price for you.
grin

Now if in doubt about size test the cloth you want to buy before payment, because once you pay, you have successfully bought it. No refund of money grin

Lastly, if you dont like the wears in a particular stand, dont be shy to drop it and move elsewhere.
This is important, make you no use shame buy wetin you no fit wear.
Once again, if you dont like the goods you are given at a particular stand. DONT BE SHY TO CHECK ELSEWHERE, NA YOUR MONEY!

PRICES OF USED WEARS(last time i tried)
SHIRTS:
First grade Shirts cost 1000/1500.
They will call as high as 5k per shirt, if you fall, Otilo.. grin
JEANS:
Just prepare 1500 per quality used jean, it all depends on grade sha. A very low grade can be 300 sef .
As i said above those werey will call high price like 5k above.
BOXERS:
300 for good ones.
SOCKS:
150 highest.
CLEAN FITTED SUIT:
the suit usually come alone, na you go find trouser and shirt grin
OFFICE SHOES:
Fake used: 1500 highest
quality used: 3000
If you sabi shoes, you go know the fake and the quality.

GENERAL RULE: If you dont know the price of a good in thst market, Whatever price they call first cut am into half.
They call 4k, you cut am to 2k and start pricing grin

Lastly, beware of pickpockets, some people are just there to steal.
Some will stand beside you like they are also buying, omoh! your pocket na the target grin

Dressing too well is like screaming GUYS I HAVE MONEY for you to thief! grin

Omoh! I don too type. lol
good luck

3 Likes

Re: Katangua Market by seansifo(m): 2:59pm On Dec 17, 2022
Thank you so much Mike, I sincerely appreciate the tone taken to write such an informative message.

I'll be sure to do as advised.

Thanks once again

MikeMicheal:
Firstly, go early in the morning before 9am, make you no buy leftovers.
Also don't dress too much, else they will see you as a bigboy with cash and inflate prices.

Also, be prepared because those boys in the market, will keep disturbing you that "wetin you wan buy? i get am"
Most of them are just affiliate, they take you to sellers and get a percentage, the percentage they will get from seller will make seller increase price for you.
grin

Now if in doubt about size test the cloth you want to buy before payment, because once you pay, you have successfully bought it. No refund of money grin

Lastly, if you dont like the wears in a particular stand, dont be shy to drop it and move elsewhere.
This is important, make you no use shame buy wetin you no fit wear.
Once again, if you dont like the goods you are given at a particular stand. DONT BE SHY TO CHECK ELSEWHERE, NA YOUR MONEY!

PRICES OF USED WEARS(last time i tried)
SHIRTS:
First grade Shirts cost 1000/1500.
They will call as high as 5k per shirt, if you fall, Otilo.. grin
JEANS:
Just prepare 1500 per quality used jean, it all depends on grade sha. A very low grade can be 300 sef .
As i said above those werey will call high price like 5k above.
BOXERS:
300 for good ones.
SOCKS:
150 highest.
CLEAN FITTED SUIT:
the suit usually come alone, na you go find trouser and shirt grin
OFFICE SHOES:
Fake used: 1500 highest
quality used: 3000
If you sabi shoes, you go know the fake and the quality.

GENERAL RULE: If you dont know the price of a good in thst market, Whatever price they call first cut am into half.
They call 4k, you cut am to 2k and start pricing grin

Lastly, beware of pickpockets, some people are just there to steal.
Some will stand beside you like they are also buying, omoh! your pocket na the target grin

Dressing too well is like screaming GUYS I HAVE MONEY for you to thief! grin

Omoh! I don too type. lol
good luck

1 Like

Re: Katangua Market by MikeMicheal(m): 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2022
seansifo:
Thank you so much Mike, I sincerely appreciate the tone taken to write such an informative message.

I'll be sure to do as advised.

Thanks once again

Welcome boss

1 Like

Re: Katangua Market by Frenchkiss564: 4:10pm On Dec 17, 2022
Abeg chief,

Where this katangua market dey
Re: Katangua Market by seansifo(m): 4:41pm On Dec 17, 2022
A quick one please: is there a particular day of the week I stand a high chance if getting quality stuff

MikeMicheal:
Welcome boss
Re: Katangua Market by MikeMicheal(m): 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2022
seansifo:
A quick one please: is there a particular day of the week I stand a high chance if getting quality stuff

Go early on Monday, Wednesday or Friday, those are the days they mostly open new bale.

1 Like

Re: Katangua Market by seansifo(m): 5:08pm On Dec 17, 2022
Thank you boss.

MikeMicheal:
Go early on Monday, Wednesday or Friday, those are the days they mostly open new bale.

1 Like

Re: Katangua Market by LoisAde: 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2022
Please how do I get to Katangua from Leventis/Military cantonment

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria,s 1st Mobile Dating Service / Ur Vote / Order Now For Your American Eagle Shoes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.