Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding (1026 Views)

Pope Francis Endorses Same-Sex Couples Civil Union / Deconstructing The Lies & Myth of Consensual Adult Homosexuality/Same Sex Union / Pastor Loses Ministerial License For Officiating Same-sex 'wedding' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:50am On Dec 17, 2022
Amy Grant to Host Same-Sex Wedding
SMG News Wire

Famed Christian music artist Amy Grant shocked many when she announced she is hosting a same-sex wedding.

The singer-songwriter and wife of Vince Gill made the controversial announcement to the Washington Post:

In recent years, she has voiced support for the LGBTQ community, where she has had a large fan base for decades. Now, she talks about her and Gill's plans to host her niece's wedding at their farm, which is her family's "first bride and bride" nuptials. Grant recalls her reaction when she learned her niece had come out: What a gift to our whole family to just widen the experience of our whole family.

"Honestly, from a faith perspective, I do always say, 'Jesus, you just narrowed it down to two things: love God and love each other,'" Grant told the outlet. "I mean, hey — that's pretty simple."

Grant has been recovering from a bicycle accident after she was hospitalized in July.

"I'm just on a healing journey," the 62-year-old told Fox News earlier this month.

The "El Shaddai" singer was one of five recipients of the 45th Kennedy Center Honors, which also included George Clooney, Gladys Knight, Tania León, and U2 band emmbers, including Bono, The Edge, Adam Clayton, and Larry Mullen Jr.

Kirk Cameron: I'm Showing Parents How to Fight Back Against Woke Libraries

When President Biden was honouring her at the White House, he seemed to forget her greatest hits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnw36tdzmrw

Source

Famed Christian music artist Amy Grant shocked many when she announced she is hosting a same-sex wedding. Are you surprised by Amy Grant supporting gay marriage?

1 Like

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NNTR: 11:06am On Dec 17, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
Famed Christian music artist Amy Grant shocked many when she announced she is hosting a same-sex wedding.
Are you surprised by Amy Grant supporting gay marriage?
No, not at all surprised nor shocked, hence why I liked the post

1. What would be shocking in it?
2. Is anything evil in professing a lifetime love to another person?
3. If yes to #2 above, then state explicitly, what exactly is the evil in it then
4. Why should anyone be surprised?
5. What is eternal, stronger and greater than love?

Personal text: Jesus is not a theologian. He is God who told stories.

2 Likes

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NaijaSumi: 11:08am On Dec 17, 2022
Same sex marriage was not intended by GOD. It is man's idea contrary to GOD will.

1 Like

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by jesusjnr2020(m): 11:11am On Dec 17, 2022
Really sad but that's expected with shallow Christianity that is not firmly rooted on the Solid Rock which is Jesus the Word of God.

Crashing is expected when the storms come, and great is that crash!

Matthew 7:26-27 (KJV)

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NNTR: 11:15am On Dec 17, 2022
NaijaSumi:
Same sex marriage was not intended by GOD. It is man's idea contrary to GOD will.
Quite an innumerable things, were not intended by GOD and despite them being man's idea contrary to GOD will, are allowed to play out. Why? Simply because God is still in control and even better still, everything works out together for good, to those who love God, and to those who are called according to His plan and purpose.

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NNTR: 11:19am On Dec 17, 2022
jesusjnr2020:
Really sad but that's expected with shallow Christianity that is not firmly rooted on the Solid Rock which is Jesus the Word of God.
Really sad that many have been bewitched not to know that Christianity was never part of the Solid Rock which is Jesus, the Word of God, Preincarnate and Incarnate God

jesusjnr2020:
Crashing is expected when the storms come, and great is that crash!
Unconditional love pka Agape love, will withstand the test of time, even covers a multitude of sin

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NaijaSumi: 11:27am On Dec 17, 2022
NNTR:
Quite an innumerable things, were not intended by GOD and despite them being man's idea contrary to GOD will, are allowed to play out. Why? Simply because God is still in control and even better still, everything works out together for good, to those who love God, and to those who are called according to His plan and purpose.

Are same sex called according to His plan considering the scripture you quoted?

It's a Yes or No reply
Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by atheistconverta: 11:27am On Dec 17, 2022
NNTR:
Really sad that many have been bewitched not to know that Christianity was never part of the Solid Rock which is Jesus, the Word of God, Preincarnate and Incarnate God

Unconditional love pka Agape love, will withstand the test of time, even covers a multitude of sin

NL gay warlord and homosexual champion, antichrist and wolf that comes in sheep clothing, aka muttley laff aka bassreeves, continue with your abominable ways don't repent after being warned severally, you shall end up with your fellow workers of abominations in the lake of fire. May God continue to expose you and your fellow antichrists here posing as Christians. In Jesus name!

2 Likes

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NNTR: 11:37am On Dec 17, 2022
NaijaSumi:

It's a Yes or No reply
This is a disingenuous question.
It is applying the same of trickery style of questioning used by the serpent in the beginning in Eden

From the moment of the fall from grace to grass, we've since been living in a fractured world, now what matters the most is to love.

If you have anything to say, that is intrinsically evil about a lifetime profession of love between two adults, please share it

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by atheistconverta: 11:43am On Dec 17, 2022
NaijaSumi:

It's a Yes or No reply
Don't bother wasting your time on that pervert. His heart is hardened to his own destruction as the Sodomites so nothing you say would make him realize he's on a destructive path.

1 Like

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NaijaSumi: 11:45am On Dec 17, 2022
NNTR:
This is a disingenuous question.
It is applying the same of trickery style of questioning used by the serpent in the beginning in Eden

From the moment of the fall from grace to grass, we've since been living in a fractured world, now what matters the most is to love.

If you have anything to say, that is intrinsically evil about a lifetime profession of love between two adults, please share it

What is love if love you understand is disobedient to GOD your maker. Practicing and engaging in same sex contrary to his will.

A simple Yes or No response seem difficult for you to respond to. Please, find your compatriots ahead. I am too much for you to deceive.

2 Likes

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by atheistconverta: 11:46am On Dec 17, 2022
NaijaSumi:
True. It's a demonic idea planted by the children and servants of the devil in the society gradually creeping its way into the church.
Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NaijaSumi: 11:47am On Dec 17, 2022
atheistconverta:
Don't bother wasting your time on that pervert. His heart is hardened to his own destruction as the Sodomites so nothing you say would make him realize he's on a destructive path.

Thanks, noted

1 Like

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NNTR: 11:49am On Dec 17, 2022
atheistconverta:
NL gay warlord and homosexual champion, antichrist and wolf that comes in sheep clothing, aka muttley laff aka bassreeves, continue with your abominable ways don't repent after being warned severally, you shall end up with your fellow workers of abominations in the lake of fire. May God continue to expose you and your fellow antichrists here posing as Christians. In Jesus name!
Face me NNTR, leave muttley laff or bassreeves out, who aren't here on this thread to reply

As it is paining you, it is sweet NNTR

Now, I dare you to spell out what exactly is 'abominable ways' in two adults professing a lifetime romantic love to one another?

1 Like

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by MrPresident1: 11:51am On Dec 17, 2022
nntr grin, you're here, doing what you know best, promoting homosexuality. Instead of you to be breaking Scriptures, creating threads and educating people, mbanu, you will not do that. It is to be supporting and promoting homosexuality, perversion and deviancy up and down like an iranse esu

Se you don't have any revelation from the Bible except homosexuality ni, abi which kind of thing is this? angry

Na wah o, smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NNTR: 12:01pm On Dec 17, 2022
atheistconverta:
Don't bother wasting your time on that pervert.
His heart is hardened to his own destruction as the Sodomites so nothing you say would make him realize he's on a destructive path.
You've failed the test, and have already earned yourself a one way ticket to the Lake of Fire

NaijaSumi:
Thanks, noted
Take note from a blind guide like self conceited atheistconverta who is alter ego for third poster on this thread, at your own peril

NaijaSumi:
What is love
Agape love pka unconditional love

NaijaSumi:
if love you understand is disobedient to GOD your maker.
You do realise that your soul, which essentially, is you, has no sexuality. Dont you

NaijaSumi:
Practicing and engaging in same sex contrary to his will.
Say what evil exactly is it in same sex contrary then. At least, you should be able to tell what is evil nah

NaijaSumi:
A simple Yes or No response seem difficult for you to respond to.
You're posing a question, just like the serpent did in the garden. Its an ignorant question

NaijaSumi:
Please, find your compatriots ahead.
Didnt see you being asked to fill out a registration form

NaijaSumi:
I am too much for you to deceive.
Pride, especially false pride is not the downfall of man alone, but also was same for the devil aka Satan

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by MrPresident1: 12:14pm On Dec 17, 2022
nntr, my moniker is too heavy for your mouth, abi? What is the meaning of 'third poster on this thread'?

Meanwhile, the love you are talking about, is it like the one below?

MrPresident1:
Biden signs landmark law protecting same-sex and interracial marriages
The legislation, hailed as a ‘blow against hate’, prohibits state and federal governments from denying the validity of such unions

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/dec/13/biden-signs-law-protecting-same-sex-interracial-marriages

Joe Biden on Tuesday signed into law landmark legislation protecting same-sex marriages, hailing it as a step toward building a nation where “decency, dignity and love are recognized, honored and protected”.

The signing ceremony on the South Lawn of the White House was an elaborate celebration, with thousands of guests, some waving rainbow flags, and performances by the Gay Men’s Chorus of Washington DC, Sam Smith and Cyndi Lauper.

“The road to this moment has been long, but those who believe in equality and justice, you never gave up,” Biden said in remarks, before signing the Respect for Marriage Act. He added: “This law and the love it defends strikes a blow against hate in all its forms.”

1 Like

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NNTR: 1:04pm On Dec 17, 2022
MrPresident1:
nntr grin, you're here, doing why you know best, promoting homosexuality.
I do not promote homosexuality, same way I do not promote heterosexualism or whatnot

MrPresident1:
Instead of you to be breaking Scriptures, creating threads and educating people, mbanu, you will not do that.
Exactly, 2 Timothy 2:15 rightfully breaking Scriptures, contributing on and/or creating threads and educating people, is part of the humble preoccupation I dispense, but mbanu, peeps including you, go cold turkey, before we leave the starting block(s). Since they havent got the mettle, nor stamina, they as fast as they come, go under without so much of give a struggle

MrPresident1:
It is to be supporting and promoting homosexuality, perversion and deviancy up and down like an iranse esu
Perversion and deviancy is not limited to homosexuality only, it happens in heterosexuality too

I am sure, registration forms arent in circulation, nor given out to anyone to fill.

MrPresident1:
Se you don't have any revelation from the Bible except homosexuality ni, abi which kind of thing is this? angry
This is a question asked, thick stemmed out of ignorance angry

MrPresident1:
Na wah o, smh
Na wah oo to you, smh, if you, 'a whole teacher of Israel', dont know that homosexuality, as a matter of fact, has the same amount of evil in it, that heterosexualism or whatnot has.

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NNTR: 1:07pm On Dec 17, 2022
MrPresident1:
nntr, my moniker is too heavy for your mouth, abi?
Your moniker means nothing to me. The moniker in fact, is inconsequential to me.

MrPresident1:
What is the meaning of 'third poster on this thread'?
Whoever the cap fits, wear.

MrPresident1:
Meanwhile, the love you are talking about, is it like the one below?
It is agape love, pka unconditional love, as mentioned earlier.

Look beyond the flesh, look beyond carnal desires ...

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by TenQ: 1:57pm On Dec 17, 2022
OLAADEGBU:

Famed Christian music artist Amy Grant shocked many when she announced she is hosting a same-sex wedding. Are you surprised by Amy Grant supporting gay marriage?
Many will say:

In your Name we sang Praise and Worship songs!

And Jesus will say to them, "I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF YOU", you workers of INIQUITIES!

It's playing out before us !
Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NNTR: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2022
TenQ:
Many will say:

In your Name we sang Praise and Worship songs!

And Jesus will say to them, "I NEVER EVEN HEARD OF YOU", you workers of INIQUITIES!

It's playing out before us !
An evil and cruelest thing anyone could do, is to stand in the way of two loving committed to each other adults, to agape love each other

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by TenQ: 3:02pm On Dec 17, 2022
Disappointment is an understatement:

Lev 20:13:
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be on them."

NNTR:
An evil and cruelest thing anyone could do, is to stand in the way of two loving committed to each other adults, to agape love each other

I guess your kind of love is LIKE watching a hungry man eat a deliciously made fried-rice, salad, roast-beef and chicken only laced with a tiny amount of poison.
A hungry man should be allowed to eat isn't it!? SMH!

God's kind of love is that that chastises his own children.

Rev 3:19:
"As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent."

When those who claim to know Christ cannot distinguish between LOVE and LUST, I just wonder!

No wonder, God in His love destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and He didn't even spare their babies!

1 Like

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by MrPresident1: 4:47pm On Dec 17, 2022
TenQ:

No wonder, God in His love destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah and He didn't even spare their babies!

I think there is need for great care here. Government approved mass homosexuality in a society, evil in itself, is only a sign of something infinitely more insidious, that is, IDOLATRY and degeneracy within that society that permeates every strata

Inside babies are reincarnated souls. We may forget, but God who keeps tab and never forgets anything, knows the soul inside every body
Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by TenQ: 5:23pm On Dec 17, 2022
MrPresident1:

I think there is need for great care here. Government approved mass homosexuality in a society, evil in itself, is only a sign of something infinitely more insidious, that is, IDOLATRY and degeneracy within that society that permeates every strata

Inside babies are reincarnated souls. We may forget, but God who keeps tab and neber forgets anything, knows the soul inside every body
As far as I am concerned "spiritual sickness" of homosexuality and every form of EVIL and PERVASIONS must not be encouraged nor condoned in the body of Christ.

He who is sick should go to the HEALER Jesus Christ!

Should we ALSO condone Pedophilia, Necrophilia and Bestiality in the Church in the name of love? It is the same sickness!

Cc:
NNTR:
Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NNTR: 10:40am On Dec 18, 2022
TenQ:
Disappointment is an understatement:
In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act, and so I have a duty to speak the truth. Truth has no agenda, whereas many others do, so beware. The greatest weapon isn’t gun nor is it nuclear, it is information control. Truth must be told. Must separate facts from fiction. Separating facts from institutional lies and stopping fake news. The truth matters, so we speak the truth, and eternal truths such as this, are best understood when incarnated in posts.

If tbh, I am not disappointed. I am not disappointed at continually seeing the desperation of being aversed to executing 2 Timothy 2:15 to the letter

Petty legalism is encouraging you more to flee from executing 2 Timothy 2:15 to the letter

TenQ:
Lev 20:13
"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be on them."
Anytime a bible narrative is read in isolation, just like with whats done with this Leviticus 20:13 here, then 9 times out of 10, it is deliberately read out of context. The pretext and pretence for doing this is largely due to ignorance, lazy and inept biblical hermeneutics

Kk, let me give you a chance to have a contextual meaningful stab at Leviticus 20:13

1. Men only were stated in Leviticus 20:13, (i.e. no mention of W2W), so what specifically is the abomination committed?
2. Contextually speaking why were 'man also lie with mankind, as he lies with a woman' at Leviticus 20:13, what was the purpose?

I hope you don't lie either, (i.e. Pinocchio) excuse the pun, for to lie (i.e. Pinocchio), that according to scripture, is an abomination. It disgusts me that my faith has this reputation of homophobic bigots. I wish the body of Christ would smell the coffee and wake up to the rhema that God accepts everyone who is kind and loving.

A sin is something that hurts yourself, hurts children, hurts others and/or even hurts others, but that’s not godly homosexuality

Nobody chooses their sexuality, read up on epigenetics

TenQ:
I guess your kind of love is LIKE watching a hungry man eat a deliciously made fried-rice, salad, roast-beef and chicken only laced with a tiny amount of poison.
A hungry man should be allowed to eat isn't it!? SMH!
Matthew 22:40
All the Law of Moses and the Books of the Prophets are based on these two commandments

John 1:17
For the Law was given through Moses,
but grace [the unearned, undeserved favor of God] and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Romans 3:19-22
19Now we know that whatever the Law [of Moses] says,
it speaks to those who are under the Law,
so that [the excuses of] every mouth may be silenced [from protesting]
and that all the world may be held accountable to God [and subject to His judgment].
20For no person will be justified [freed of guilt and declared righteous] in His sight
by [trying to do] the works of the Law.
For through the Law we become conscious of sin
[and the recognition of sin directs us toward repentance, but provides no remedy for sin].
21But now the righteousness of God has been clearly revealed
[independently and completely] apart from the Law,
though it is [actually] confirmed by the Law and the [words and writings of the] Prophets.
22This righteousness of God comes through faith in Jesus Christ for all those [Jew or Gentile] who believe
[and trust in Him and acknowledge Him as God’s Son].
There is no distinction,

John 14:15
Jesus said to his disciples:
If you love me, you will do as I command.

1 John 4:16
We have come to know [by personal observation and experience],
and have believed [with deep, consistent faith] the love which God has for us. God is love,
and the one who abides in love, abides in God, and God abides continually in him.

1 John 4:8
The one who does not love has not become acquainted with God
[does not and never did know Him], for God is love. (i.e. and vice versa)
[He is the originator of love, and it is an enduring attribute of His nature.]

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now there remain:
faith [abiding trust in God and His promises],
hope [confident expectation of eternal salvation],
love [unselfish love for others growing out of God’s love for me],
these three [the choicest graces];
but the greatest of these is love.

Galatians 5:14
13For you, my brothers, were called to freedom;
only do not let your freedom become an opportunity for the sinful nature (worldliness, selfishness),
but through love serve and seek the best for one another.
14For the whole Law [concerning human relationships] is fulfilled in one precept,
“YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF
[that is, you shall have an unselfish concern for others and do things for their benefit].”

Romans 13:8
Owe nothing to anyone except to love and seek the best for one another;
for he who [unselfishly] loves his neighbor
has fulfilled the [essence of the] law [relating to one’s fellowman].

1 Peter 4:8
Above all, have fervent and unfailing love for one another,
because love covers a multitude of sins
[it overlooks unkindness and unselfishly seeks the best for others].

Fact is, the greatest and highest commandment centres and hinges on love. To love, earns one credit, as to love, is all that the Law demands.

1 Peter 4:8 and 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 et cetera are talking to humanity, and humanity, including you personally, need to get better acquainted with 1 Peter 4:8 and 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 et cetera

The clinger really, in all of this, is at 1 Corinthians 13:13, because, without love, the word of God is not complete.

So, no, brother, you woefully guessed wrong, because the agape kind of love has nothing remotely in common with LIKE watching a hungry man eat a deliciously made fried-rice, salad, roast-beef and chicken only laced with a tiny amount of poison.

Consenting adults hungry to profess a lifelong romantic love for one another should have the rights to this and without fear of losing life or limb

TenQ:
God's kind of love is that that chastises his own children.

Rev 3:19:
"As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent."
What specifically is the exact evil here that merits punishing please?

TenQ:
When those who claim to know Christ cannot distinguish between LOVE and LUST, I just wonder!
I, personally, as a heterosexual man, don’t lust after women, I am simply attracted to them, being. Equally, not all homosexuals lust after other homosexual. They simply dont all lust after each other. Lust finds no room space to slip into, where mutual love exists.

Besides, lust, regardless of whom you lust over is a sin, whether in a heterosexual context or not in a heterosexual context

TenQ:
I am sure you wont be that ignorant to say homosexuality was the reason behind why Sodom and Gomorrah was pencilled in by God to be destroyed

TenQ:
As far as I am concerned "spiritual sickness" of homosexuality and every form of EVIL and PERVASIONS must not be encouraged nor condoned in the body of Christ.
No one gives a toss to how far you are concerned, not when especially you are
trying to force in your emotion, which clearly is drawn up from unstudied self opinions

Former president Jimmy Carter, many moons ago said that he feels same-sex marriage does not conflict with the gospel faith. He said and I quote him below:

I believe Jesus would approve of gay marriage, but that’s just my own personal belief,” he said in an interview with Huff Post Live.

I think Jesus would encourage any love affair if it was honest and sincere and was not damaging to anyone else, and I don’t see that gay marriage damages anyone else.” he further said in a same interview with Huff Post Live.

Carter, 90 then, continued that his support of same-sex marriage stopped short only at churches being forced to perform marriages to which they objected.

I wouldn’t be in favor of the government being able to force a local church congregation to perform gay marriages if they didn’t want to,” he said.

But those partners should be able to go to the local courthouse or to their church and get married.” he added.

I would add that, committed same sex relationships are hardly unbiblical.

TenQ:
He who is sick should go to the HEALER Jesus Christ!
If this is how you want to play it, then, it is the heterosexual who are sick and who should go to Jesus Christ for healing, because they are the ones who keep giving birth to homosexual babies

TenQ:
Should we ALSO condone Pedophilia, Necrophilia and Bestiality in the Church in the name of love?
To my sincere yet sincerely wrong brother, if each and everyone of these Pedophilia, Necrophilia and Bestiality lot can never give legal consent, why then would you condone cruelty and extreme sexual abuse perpetrated against children (i.e. Pedophilia), dead bodies (i.e. Necrophilia) and animals (i.e. Bestiality)

TenQ:
It is the same sickness!
Nobody chooses their sexuality, but one can choose whether to be a vile ignorant hateful immoral bigot

What name is this so-called 'same sickness' called please, because there sure is a sickness, a disorder called homophobia. It is sometimes curable, but only if one wants to cured.

Everybody needs to be loved and have somebody to romantically love back in return. There are so many worse things than death or the lake of fire. Not to be loved, not to be able to love and/or not being loved back in return: Wow, smh, they each and all are worse.

The gift of living consists in getting the greatest good (i.e. love) out of the greatest evil (i.e. sinful pride) While God loves, forgives and accepts. Satan accuses, kills, destroys, steals and condemns. Whose example are we following? Are we more like God or more like Satan?

Now brother, beloved, as I've came in love and peace, please, go 2 Timothy 2:15 study and show thy self approved.

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by OLAADEGBU(m): 10:47am On Dec 18, 2022
NNTR:
No, not at all surprised nor shocked, hence why I liked the post

1. What would be shocking in it?
2. Is anything evil in professing a lifetime love to another person?
3. If yes to #2 above, then state explicitly, what exactly is the evil in it then
4. Why should anyone be surprised?
5. What is eternal, stronger and greater than love?

I'm not surprised of her action because I know when she started slipping when she with her 1st husband visited the then Bill Clinton at the White House and it was only a matter of time if she was not careful. Since then her marriage fell apart and now she meets Joe Biden, hosting same sex marriage. This is what you get when you become bedfellows with Democrats. shocked
Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NNTR: 10:58am On Dec 18, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
I'm not surprised of her action because I know when she started slipping when she with her 1st husband visited the then Bill Clinton at the White House and it was only a matter of time if she was not careful.
Bro, c'mon nah, what has Bill Clinton and the White House have to do with her sexual orientation

OLAADEGBU:
Since then her marriage fell apart
Things happen

OLAADEGBU:
and now she meets Joe Biden, hosting same sex marriage. This is what you get when you become bedfellows with Democrats. shocked
This is what you get when you are being true to yourself and not being a hypocrite.

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:28am On Dec 18, 2022
NNTR:
Bro, c'mon nah, what has Bill Clinton and the White House have to do with her sexual orientation

Things happen

This is what you get when you are being true to yourself and not being a hypocrite.

This is what you get when you jump into bed with Democrats. cool

Bedfellows
Gary Varvel December 14, 2022

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NNTR: 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2022
OLAADEGBU:
This is what you get when you jump into bed with Democrats. cool
Acts 19:39
But if there is something more that you want,
it will have to be settled in a legal meeting of citizens.

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by TenQ: 4:28pm On Dec 18, 2022
NNTR:
In times of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act, and so I have a duty to speak the truth. Truth has no agenda, whereas many others do, so beware. The greatest weapon isn’t gun nor is it nuclear, it is information control. Truth must be told. Must separate facts from fiction. Separating facts from institutional lies and stopping fake news. The truth matters, so we speak the truth, and eternal truths such as this, are best understood when incarnated in posts.

If tbh, I am not disappointed. I am not disappointed at continually seeing the desperation of being aversed to executing 2 Timothy 2:15 to the letter

Petty legalism is encouraging you more to flee from executing 2 Timothy 2:15 to the letter

Anytime a bible narrative is read in isolation, just like with whats done with this Leviticus 20:13 here, then 9 times out of 10, it is deliberately read out of context. The pretext and pretence for doing this is largely due to ignorance, lazy and inept biblical hermeneutics

Kk, let me give you a chance to have a contextual meaningful stab at Leviticus 20:13

1. Men only were stated in Leviticus 20:13, (i.e. no mention of W2W), so what specifically is the abomination committed?
2. Contextually speaking why were 'man also lie with mankind, as he lies with a woman' at Leviticus 20:13, what was the purpose?

I hope you don't lie either, (i.e. Pinocchio) excuse the pun, for to lie (i.e. Pinocchio), that according to scripture, is an abomination. It disgusts me that my faith has this reputation of homophobic bigots. I wish the body of Christ would smell the coffee and wake up to the rhema that God accepts everyone who is kind and loving.

A sin is something that hurts yourself, hurts children, hurts others and/or even hurts others, but that’s not godly homosexuality

Nobody chooses their sexuality, read up on epigenetics

Matthew 22:40
All the Law of Moses and the Books of the Prophets are based on these two commandments

John 1:17
For the Law was given through Moses,
but grace [the unearned, undeserved favor of God] and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Romans 3:19-22
19Now we know that whatever the Law [of Moses] says,
it speaks to those who are under the Law,
so that [the excuses of] every mouth may be silenced [from protesting]
and that all the world may be held accountable to God [and subject to His judgment].
20For no person will be justified [freed of guilt and declared righteous] in His sight
by [trying to do] the works of the Law.
For through the Law we become conscious of sin
[and the recognition of sin directs us toward repentance, but provides no remedy for sin].
21But now the righteousness of God has been clearly revealed
[independently and completely] apart from the Law,
though it is [actually] confirmed by the Law and the [words and writings of the] Prophets.
22This righteousness of God comes through faith in Jesus Christ for all those [Jew or Gentile] who believe
[and trust in Him and acknowledge Him as God’s Son].
There is no distinction,

John 14:15
Jesus said to his disciples:
If you love me, you will do as I command.

1 John 4:16
We have come to know [by personal observation and experience],
and have believed [with deep, consistent faith] the love which God has for us. God is love,
and the one who abides in love, abides in God, and God abides continually in him.

1 John 4:8
The one who does not love has not become acquainted with God
[does not and never did know Him], for God is love. (i.e. and vice versa)
[He is the originator of love, and it is an enduring attribute of His nature.]

1 Corinthians 13:13
And now there remain:
faith [abiding trust in God and His promises],
hope [confident expectation of eternal salvation],
love [unselfish love for others growing out of God’s love for me],
these three [the choicest graces];
but the greatest of these is love.

Galatians 5:14
13For you, my brothers, were called to freedom;
only do not let your freedom become an opportunity for the sinful nature (worldliness, selfishness),
but through love serve and seek the best for one another.
14For the whole Law [concerning human relationships] is fulfilled in one precept,
“YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF
[that is, you shall have an unselfish concern for others and do things for their benefit].”

Romans 13:8
Owe nothing to anyone except to love and seek the best for one another;
for he who [unselfishly] loves his neighbor
has fulfilled the [essence of the] law [relating to one’s fellowman].

1 Peter 4:8
Above all, have fervent and unfailing love for one another,
because love covers a multitude of sins
[it overlooks unkindness and unselfishly seeks the best for others].

Fact is, the greatest and highest commandment centres and hinges on love. To love, earns one credit, as to love, is all that the Law demands.

1 Peter 4:8 and 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 et cetera are talking to humanity, and humanity, including you personally, need to get better acquainted with 1 Peter 4:8 and 1 Corinthians 13:1-13 et cetera

The clinger really, in all of this, is at 1 Corinthians 13:13, because, without love, the word of God is not complete.

So, no, brother, you woefully guessed wrong, because the agape kind of love has nothing remotely in common with LIKE watching a hungry man eat a deliciously made fried-rice, salad, roast-beef and chicken only laced with a tiny amount of poison.

Consenting adults hungry to profess a lifelong romantic love for one another should have the rights to this and without fear of losing life or limb

What specifically is the exact evil here that merits punishing please?

I, personally, as a heterosexual man, don’t lust after women, I am simply attracted to them, being. Equally, not all homosexuals lust after other homosexual. They simply dont all lust after each other. Lust finds no room space to slip into, where mutual love exists.

Besides, lust, regardless of whom you lust over is a sin, whether in a heterosexual context or not in a heterosexual context

I am sure you wont be that ignorant to say homosexuality was the reason behind why Sodom and Gomorrah was pencilled in by God to be destroyed

No one gives a toss to how far you are concerned, not when especially you are
trying to force in your emotion, which clearly is drawn up from unstudied self opinions

Former president Jimmy Carter, many moons ago said that he feels same-sex marriage does not conflict with the gospel faith. He said and I quote him below:

I believe Jesus would approve of gay marriage, but that’s just my own personal belief,” he said in an interview with Huff Post Live.

I think Jesus would encourage any love affair if it was honest and sincere and was not damaging to anyone else, and I don’t see that gay marriage damages anyone else.” he further said in a same interview with Huff Post Live.

Carter, 90 then, continued that his support of same-sex marriage stopped short only at churches being forced to perform marriages to which they objected.

I wouldn’t be in favor of the government being able to force a local church congregation to perform gay marriages if they didn’t want to,” he said.

But those partners should be able to go to the local courthouse or to their church and get married.” he added.

I would add that, committed same sex relationships are hardly unbiblical.

If this is how you want to play it, then, it is the heterosexual who are sick and who should go to Jesus Christ for healing, because they are the ones who keep giving birth to homosexual babies

To my sincere yet sincerely wrong brother, if each and everyone of these Pedophilia, Necrophilia and Bestiality lot can never give legal consent, why then would you condone cruelty and extreme sexual abuse perpetrated against children (i.e. Pedophilia), dead bodies (i.e. Necrophilia) and animals (i.e. Bestiality)

Nobody chooses their sexuality, but one can choose whether to be a vile ignorant hateful immoral bigot

What name is this so-called 'same sickness' called please, because there sure is a sickness, a disorder called homophobia. It is sometimes curable, but only if one wants to cured.

Everybody needs to be loved and have somebody to romantically love back in return. There are so many worse things than death or the lake of fire. Not to be loved, not to be able to love and/or not being loved back in return: Wow, smh, they each and all are worse.

The gift of living consists in getting the greatest good (i.e. love) out of the greatest evil (i.e. sinful pride) While God loves, forgives and accepts. Satan accuses, kills, destroys, steals and condemns. Whose example are we following? Are we more like God or more like Satan?

Now brother, beloved, as I've came in love and peace, please, go 2 Timothy 2:15 study and show thy self approved.

Romans 1:27-29
27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting;

I have a boy - a teenage and he doesn't want to go to school. Because I love him so much, I will let him have his way and stay at home to play.

NNTR something is WRONG with you o!
This is NOT Christ.

A Kleptomaniac Queen is not hurting anybody because her servants will pay ten times over for any thing she stole. It doesnt errase the fact that this queen is SICK and need treatment.
Those who love her will seek for her treatment~!!
Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by NNTR: 5:26pm On Dec 18, 2022
TenQ:
Romans 1:27-29
27 Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the [/b]woman, burned in their lust for one another, [b]men with men[/highlight] committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due.
28 And even [b]as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind,
to do those things which are not fitting;
Kk, you ducked giving Leviticus 20:13 a contextual meaningful stab. You even cringed away from each and every one of the questions posed at you, but never mind, its all cool, however, I am known to be a give brothers another chance, so therefore, I'll give you another opportunities to redeem your slightly damaged reputation, by now instead, ask you to give Romans 1:27-29 a contextual hermeneutic.

Please dont fall from my hand, anymore lower than you've already have fallen, as I am banking on you achieving this based on using objective facts and truths.

TenQ:
I have a boy - a teenage and he doesn't want to go to school. Because I love him so much, I will let him have his way and stay at home to play.
Please dont get this twisted, we are not discussing truancy here

TenQ:
NNTR something is WRONG with you o!
Psalm 91:1-8
1He sits in the shelter of The Highest and is glorified in the shadow of God.
2He said to LORD JEHOVAH, "My trust, my refuge place, God upon whom I trust!"
3He is the one who shall deliver you from the snare of scandal and from worthless speech.
4In his feathers he shall deliver you and under his wings you shall have refuge;
His truth shall surround you as a supply of armor.
5You shall not be afraid of the dread of the night or of the arrow that flies by day,
6Or of the account that walks in darkness or of the spirit that devastates at noonday.
7Thousands will fall by your side and ten thousand by your right hand, and they shall not come near you.
8But with your eyes alone you shall see the reward of the wicked.

I've been told worse. Comes with the terrain bro. Good thing though, is, any man more right than his neighbours constitutes a majority of one, and guess what. One with God, is majority.

TenQ:
This is NOT Christ.
You got that right, you stance, viewpoint et cetera defo isnt Christ

TenQ:
A Kleptomaniac Queen is not hurting anybody because her servants will pay ten times over for any thing she stole. It doesnt errase the fact that this queen is SICK and need treatment.
Those who love her will seek for her treatment~!!
Stealing hurt someone. Any restitution doesnt change that fact

Please dont make me keep reminding you. We are not discussing stealing here please.

Re: Amy Grant To Host Same-sex Wedding by TenQ: 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2022
NNTR:
Kk, you ducked giving Leviticus 20:13 a contextual meaningful stab. You even cringed away from each and every one of the questions posed at you, but never mind, its all cool, however, I am known to be a give brothers another chance, so therefore, I'll give you another opportunities to redeem your slightly damaged reputation, by now instead, ask you to give Romans 1:27-29 a contextual hermeneutic.

Please dont fall from my hand, anymore lower than you've already have fallen, as I am banking on you achieving this based on using objective facts and truths.

Please dont get this twisted, we are not discussing truancy here

Psalm 91:1-8
1He sits in the shelter of The Highest and is glorified in the shadow of God.
2He said to LORD JEHOVAH, "My trust, my refuge place, God upon whom I trust!"
3He is the one who shall deliver you from the snare of scandal and from worthless speech.
4In his feathers he shall deliver you and under his wings you shall have refuge;
His truth shall surround you as a supply of armor.
5You shall not be afraid of the dread of the night or of the arrow that flies by day,
6Or of the account that walks in darkness or of the spirit that devastates at noonday.
7Thousands will fall by your side and ten thousand by your right hand, and they shall not come near you.
8But with your eyes alone you shall see the reward of the wicked.

I've been told worse. Comes with the terrain bro. Good thing though, is, any man more right than his neighbours constitutes a majority of one, and guess what. One with God, is majority.

You got that right, you stance, viewpoint et cetera defo isnt Christ

Stealing hurt someone. Any restitution doesnt change that fact

Please dont make me keep reminding you. We are not discussing stealing here please.

Have it your way!
The LORD know those who are His: let everyone that name the name of Christ depart from INIQUITY!

Mat 7:23:
"And then will I profess to them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity."

2Tim 2:19:
"Nevertheless the foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knows them that are his. And, Let every one that names the name of Christ depart from iniquity."

In conclusion on this matter:

Rev 22:11:
"He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still."

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which Religion Has Love Among Its Members? / 10 Decades - Christian Activity To Terminate! / sccc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.