Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,226 members, 7,825,882 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

Please Help..... - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please Help..... (306 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help..... by Milesbillions(m): 10:32am On Dec 18, 2022
Nigerian labour market is not so rosy or will I use the term...easy" for young graduates that don't have any connection to get good jobs. I still remember the year I got admission to study Zoology and Environmental Biology at UNN at a tender age 17....At first, I didn't want to study the course because the course I initially chose is not what was given to me..... because I didn't meet the cut off point....na so I entered UNN with the mindset of switching over to medicine or nursing science in my second year.....but it didn't work out as planned. As the first child of my parents, I said I have to make the best out of the one I am admitted in already because I still have siblings that are growing up to be trained in the uni and my parents cannot do it alone.... atleast as the firstborn, I need to help in my own little way too. Naso I focused on the course and finally graduated with second class upper in the year 2019 at the age of 21..…because of what I have been exposed to and people that I was mingling with who are more matured than me, it made me to look more matured in face and how I do things.....I went for Nysc 2021 post covid and completed it 2022 . Was posted to a remote village in Ogun state where I was posted to a remote private school....saw hell in that school...all their workforce there are all corp members....the school didn't provide me that time to run volunteering work atleast to have job experience....so for complete one year, I was some how stagnant in my career progression. After service, the main struggle to get a good job started. After like 2 months, I got a work in a supermarket as a cashier and mall attendant with a pay of 50k....but the work is too stressful in the sense that I stand 14 hours attending to customers and carrying drinks and items for customers.....
Re: Please Help..... by Milesbillions(m): 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2022
Continuation......

So the work I got recently working in a supermarket is too stressful....I work from Sunday to Sunday....14hrs standing....mhen e no easy.....as a graduate, I am not seeing any long-term benefit in tge work because I even have waec holders as colleagues and some of them are paid more than I.

So if you are in my shoes.....what is the best way to get a good job ?
What skills should I add to my resume or professional certification course should I take?

As the firstborn of my family, responsibilities are piling up for me.

I was learning web development before my laptop got spoilt.... motherboard got burnt.

Please I need sincere advice.

I studied Zoology and Environmental Biology....2'1

(1) (Reply)

Advice From Experience Palmoil Dealer , Can 200k Start The Buisness? / Happy Boys Say Them No Born OPM Well. / I Need An Advice on My Career

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.