Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,563 members, 7,861,665 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:38 PM

Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) (50623 Views)

I'm Tired- Lady In UK Cries Out Over Difficulty Finding Job / NAIJA WOMAN ABROAD CRIES DUE TO COLD FROM ICE ON D GROUND. CURSES NIGERIAN GOVT / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by occfx: 1:21am On Dec 20, 2022
ahnie:

How can someone be overly busy to forget to care for themselves?

That's the reason they look haggard. Na cold weather they help make them look normal and not like mad man.
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by AgricMaster: 1:51am On Dec 20, 2022
DivinegiftofGod:

You have not experienced that kind of cold that is why you're talking this way.

Do you know what it feels like living inside the freezer? Someone said she wears nothing less than seven clothings everyday before she can go to work yet the cold is still biting.
Can you be doing that stress everyday? How many clothes do you even have to be changing with seven everyday.?

We always think its better on the other side..

seven wetin..... kai

just wear normal cloth with leather jacket and good foot ware you are good to go.
you will see oyibo parent pushing their babies in trolley even when the temperature is minus 10 an below
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by ArcFresky(m): 3:26am On Dec 20, 2022
habsydiamond:
like seriously... I wish to experience it....presently all I pray for is a better country and econmy after the election... thats the only way those outside can come back home.
I hope you do, but before you travel have handi work, education and plan B
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by iezeiyida(m): 3:46am On Dec 20, 2022
My older brother's close friend have been in Japan for almost 8 years now.. He is rich now, doing very well financially but he isn't doing what he intended to do there because he wanted to play football there.. Moreover, cold dey for Japan but not the kinda cold in UK, Canada, Russia and co.
planetx:
Who told you there is money for an African immigrant in Japan and Qatar, and for your information there is snow in Japan.
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by onuman: 3:50am On Dec 20, 2022
Mindlog:

If they are complaining from abroad what do you want those living in grinding poverty in Nigeria to do?

As e bad reach, even if she dey minimum wage job, she is at least sure of £9.50 per hour, she is sure of steady power, gas and water if she up to date with her bills.

I have worked as a Night Support worker in a Children residential home that had only a 15 year old in residence. Mine was to show up at 7p.m at the home, one of the 2 day shift workers hands over to me the necessary paperwork and tour round the house to ensure it is clean at the time of handover, goes home while the second day staff goes to bed (within the house) at 9p.m for paid sleep in (£45) till 8a.m. While after handover at past 7, I go to the kitchen to microwave my supper reserved for me by the day staff (as I am entitled to supper and breakfast). I watch Netflix with the young person in the lounge till 10p.m time for his bed time. I continue watching to keep awake , intermittently going to make tea and snacks to keep me warm then go on my laptop to do some online trainings paid for by the company regarding children care.

Shift ends the next morning 8.00, 13hrs @£10.50/hr..... should I have created a video then , complaining how UK has been harsh on me?

You didn't get, or you ignored, the kernel, of my comment.
Old age has come to most of these people who left Nigeria after the civil war to overseas in search of greener pastures, as they left Nigeria for the thieving politicians and quota system group.
Now, these aged Nigerians abroad want to leave the harsh cold weather in abroad and return home to spend the rest of their lives where they were born and grew up.
But what Nigeria are they returning to? A country where ethno-religious bigots still cling on to power electing square pegs for round holes to lead Nigeria with worsening religious insurgency and insecurity.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by onuman: 4:05am On Dec 20, 2022
buhariguy:
the leader is not the problem.
Greediness is her problem.
Shey she want to make it. let her die there

While you die gradually in Nigeria at the hands of your Islamic terrorists and bandits. She go even die better death than you in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by OChimex: 4:09am On Dec 20, 2022
DivinegiftofGod:

You have not experienced that kind of cold that is why you're talking this way.

Do you know what it feels like living inside the freezer? Someone said she wears nothing less than seven clothings everyday before she can go to work yet the cold is still biting.
Can you be doing that stress everyday? How many clothes do you even have to be changing with seven everyday.?

We always think its better on the other side..

Oga make we hear word. Una go dey Nigeria dey talk wetin una no know.

Do you know, we have, heated cars with heated seats, heated steering wheel, all houses have electricity and they are heated, all offices are heated. We have heated jackets and heated blankets too.
You don’t need seven clothes, you need electric heated jacket.
Is she homeless?
She sound lazy and wants to sit at home dey chop money .
Weather stops you from doing nothing here.

Nigeria leaders are demons, we know, but I hate when people make it look life is worse here.

Trust me no matter how bad it is here, it is 1000 times better than Nigeria.

Buhari was right when he said Nigerians are lazy. Most of them want so easy life, no hard work, how is that possible?

If you come to Europe or America you go understand say Nigerians are just lazy looking for short cuts.

People work their ways to greatness here under this cold conditions she dey cry. Na upon all these harsh weather she dey cry, oyinbo still dey invent things, drugs, technology to make life easier for people like her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by Chee59(f): 5:35am On Dec 20, 2022
ahnie:
Why do they always look haggard n unkept after jetting out of NAIJA?
As for the men,they either keeps bushy or dirty dreadlocks with oblong forehead

The women they always have wide mouth, flaccid lips and dirty hair?
You naturally have a potty mouth. I like that grin
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by Chee59(f): 5:38am On Dec 20, 2022
shantti:
How did the early men who lived in these regions survive this type of cold in the ancient times,
I mean, the era before it was even discovered that u can cover your bodies with animal hides. The era when humans walked literally naked
This question came to mind. How did they do it? Especially those slaves brought in from Africa and other places into North America and Europe.
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by Sarang(f): 5:43am On Dec 20, 2022
Rilwayne001:

omo!!

How Canada go come be? chaii!!!

Today is -26 in Alberta
Crazyyyyy cold
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by Kobojunkie: 5:46am On Dec 20, 2022
DivinegiftofGod:
I just wonder at some people my brother. we are talking about minus 11degrees here o.
When I said I like cold weather, I meant even -17 degrees Fahrenheit weather days here in Chicago, IL. Again, living in cold clime is all about dressing warm for the weather. undecided
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by Sarang(f): 6:00am On Dec 20, 2022
Mindlog:

I left Nigeria, a full blown adult..... Amongst the places I worked in was in South Sudan, way more extreme weather-wise coupled with the intense gun fighting, I didn't come online to lament because I was not kidnapped in Nigeria and dumped in South Sudan!

Have you asked, why the surge of YouTube videos on lamentations of relocating to the UK? They are so many things they can create content around that can still drive traffic to their YouTube channels, such as feeding way cheaper through Morrissons night clearance etc.

Dude just stfu he is right! You should know better ffs!

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by Sarang(f): 6:05am On Dec 20, 2022
OChimex:

Oga make we hear word. Una go dey Nigeria dey talk wetin una no know.

Do you know, we have, heated cars with heated seats, heated steering wheel, all houses have electricity and they are heated, all offices are heated. We have heated jackets and heated blankets too.
You don’t need seven clothes, you need electric heated jacket.
Is she homeless?
She sound lazy and wants to sit at home dey chop money .
Weather stops you from doing nothing here.

Nigeria leaders are demons, we know, but I hate when people make it look life is worse here.

Trust me no matter how bad it is here, it is 1000 times better than Nigeria.

Buhari was right when he said Nigerians are lazy. Most of them want so easy life, no hard work, how is that possible?

If you come to Europe or America you go understand say Nigerians are just lazy looking for short cuts.

People work their ways to greatness here under this cold conditions she dey cry. Na upon all these harsh weather she dey cry, oyinbo still dey invent things, drugs, technology to make life easier for people like her.

Nigerians, lazy?
You must be high on smoke

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by DivinegiftofGod: 6:15am On Dec 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
When I said I like cold weather, I meant even -17 degrees Fahrenheit weather days here in Chicago, IL. Again, living in cold clime is all about dressing warm for the weather. undecided

You like it but she doesn't besides it's hard ice that she's standing on not the regular light and fluffy snow. The wave of cold from ice and snow are not the same. That's why she crying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by Kobojunkie: 6:25am On Dec 20, 2022
DivinegiftofGod:
You like it but she doesn't besides it's hard ice that she's standing on not the regular light and fluffy snow. The wave of cold from ice and snow are not the same. That's why she crying.
Who said anything about light and fluffy snow at temperatures below 20 degrees Fahrenheit on a regular for more than 4 months of the year here? undecided
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by ahnie: 6:30am On Dec 20, 2022
Chee59:

You naturally have a potty mouth. I like that grin
If you don't mind dear, I could recommend a good hair cream for your frontela hair growth.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by Nobody: 6:38am On Dec 20, 2022
Freethinker87:

I expect someone who lives abroad and has faced harsh weather conditions to at least sympathize with new entrants. You come off as arrogant and insensitive, which is not a good look for someone who has been opportune to get a UK education. I also studied in the UK, but I understand that going to the UK as a teenager for studies and Japa-ing as an adult is a different kettle of fish.

As a teenager on a diverse campus, one can easily mingle and make friends at SA events, clubs and society, and from other social interactions on campus. However, leaving everything behind in Nigeria as an adult; friends, family, associates and hobbies, to start life afresh in an unknown place is deeply depressing and lonely.

You in particular should know that the extreme weather up North is not something Nigerians are used to. So when they cry out, you're supposed to show some empathy and not ask them to "return to Nigeria if they don't like it there". That's unbecoming of someone who lives in the most educated city in the UK.

God bless you. Exactly what i expected from them wey claim Methuselah abroad but I think they are angry because more people have joined them there reducing some of the benefits they were enjoying before now ( according to a YouTuber) and this woman come dey open their yansh join na him make egbon mindlog just dey rant up and down.

No near me o. I no get strength to argue. E be like say kor kor don teach you.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by habsydiamond(m): 7:28am On Dec 20, 2022
ArcFresky:

I hope you do, but before you travel have handi work, education and plan B
which kind of handiwork please
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by habsydiamond(m): 7:35am On Dec 20, 2022
ahnie:

If you don't mind dear, I could recommend a good hair cream for your frontela hair growth.
please, I am interested in that hair cream
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by maasoap(m): 7:42am On Dec 20, 2022
Mindlog:

No be same UK, I dey? Make she calm down and face front, will it stop more Nigerians from relocating?

Like I said, japa mentality
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by Chee59(f): 8:20am On Dec 20, 2022
ahnie:

Shey you dey whine me ni? That hair no fit grow pass that.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by hodari: 8:33am On Dec 20, 2022
Abroad is a huge scam. The woman looks hungrey and disheveled. Market women in Abuja look better.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by faceland: 8:46am On Dec 20, 2022
You have already escape and you are bitching.

If there is a God, he better punish the looters and Aso Rock and other position of power.
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by faceland: 8:48am On Dec 20, 2022
habsydiamond:
which kind of handiwork please

Electrician, plumber you would never lack work.
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by habsydiamond(m): 8:49am On Dec 20, 2022
faceland:

Electrician, plumber you would never lack work.
thanks, can having the idea of plumbing work do.
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by Princedapace(m): 8:56am On Dec 20, 2022
Litmus:

United Kingdom

Google quotes the following number of South Africans living in the UK:

South Africa is ranked in ninth position, with an estimated 229,000 people currently living in UK.

approximately 178 thousand Nigerian nationals residing in the United Kingdom in 2021

Australia

In Australia, there were 145,683 South African-born people living in the country at the moment of the 2011 Census, having an increase compared with those 78,444 recorded by the 2001 Census.

The latest Census in 2016 recorded 8,488 Nigeria-born people in Australia, an increase of 87.8 per cent from the 2011 Census

Okay, how many south Africans are living in Ghana, Kenya, Egypt, Malaysia, Indonesia, the list goes on compared to nigerians? I'm talking about the total number of people living outside their country.
So, u have no point.
There are many Americans living in the UK, does that mean that there are many Americans living in Kenya? The point is this. Nigerians are too many outside Nigeria. Even in Ghana, Nigerians there are way too much.
So, don't pretend like u don't know my point.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by faceland: 9:02am On Dec 20, 2022
habsydiamond:
thanks, can having the idea of plumbing work do.

You might need one year of apprenticeship (let it be second-nature, na practical that matters and not paper). If you have the basic experience, anything more complex, you can easily ask or watch a YouTube video to fix the challenge.

In a major Nigerian city, they are steady jobs to gain experience (mostly in construction sites).
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by habsydiamond(m): 9:06am On Dec 20, 2022
faceland:

You might need one year of apprenticeship (let it be second-nature, na practical that matters and not paper). If you have the basic experience, anything more complex, you can easily ask or watch a YouTube video to fix the challenge.

In a major Nigerian city, they are steady jobs to gain experience (mostly in construction sites).
thanks I really appreciate

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by ahnie: 9:08am On Dec 20, 2022
Chee59:

Shey you dey whine me ni? That hair no fit grow pass that.
Na hereditary be that nau
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by Mindlog: 9:30am On Dec 20, 2022
Sarang:

Dude just stfu he is right! You should know better ffs!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by Mindlog: 9:53am On Dec 20, 2022
Blessedmercy8:

God bless you. Exactly what i expected from them wey claim Methuselah abroad but I think they are angry because more people have joined them there reducing some of the benefits they were enjoying before now ( according to a YouTuber) and this woman come dey open their yansh join na him make egbon mindlog just dey rant up and down.

No near me o. I no get strength to argue. E be like say kor kor don teach you.

What benefits are Nigerians in particular enjoying from the UK govt especially those on the student visa route when on the visa , it is clearly written " no recourse to public funds" even those who went with kids are warned not to allow their kids eat free food in school as it would after their Visa after studies. The healthcare the Nigerian students are benefitting from in the UK, is the almost one million naira they compulsorily paid to the UK government before they could pay for their UK visa.

I have stated along in different that no amount of lamentations on YouTube videos of how abroad is rough would stop Nigerians from migrating, whoever has legitimate means to relocate should do so, enough of all these regrets videos that is the in thing especially among recent Nigerian students in the UK for the sole purpose of generating traffic.

There are many opportunities their YouTube channels can highlight e.g getting better paying jobs even as a student and converting from part time jobs to full time jobs even as an international student, supermarkets and time in the evenings one can buy food stuff almost 20% of the original prices etc, how to get free household items without paying anyone and can go to the extent of shipping good quality fairly used stuff to Nigeria etc these things to share with Nigerians, not only dire weather.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Woman In The UK Cries Out Over Solid Ice, Curses Nigerian Govt (Video) by Rilwayne001: 10:03am On Dec 20, 2022
Sarang:

Today is -26 in Alberta
Crazyyyyy cold

I just checked and found out that its currently -31. shocked shocked shocked shocked

How are you people managing to survive in such extreme weather?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Passenger Buses Collide On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway. Over 36 Feared Dead / Police Officer Dies In Accident In Kogi After Collision With A Car (Graphic Pic) / Preparing For TOEFL, Already Taken TOEFL Come In Let's Discuss.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.