Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,748 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria - Phones (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria (97036 Views)

My Spacex Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / Fisayo Fosudo Test-Runs SpaceX's Starlink (Video) / Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (51) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by dustmalik: 8:02am On Apr 17, 2023
brainware:
I've done that.. Just waiting for them to take the money like a thief in the night.. Meanwhile I got a message that my hardware is faulty, they are preparing shipment for another kit to me, I should prep the one am using for return.. Elon musk and him organization na mad people full am
Wow.. This is fantastic customer service/delivery.

How were you contacted, via mail or in-app message? Did you notice any performance issues before you were contacted?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 10:43am On Apr 17, 2023
brainware:
I've done that.. Just waiting for them to take the money like a thief in the night.. Meanwhile I got a message that my hardware is faulty, they are preparing shipment for another kit to me, I should prep the one am using for return.. Elon musk and him organization na mad people full am
They are not Mad per say, but are certainly not Normal
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by brainware: 12:45pm On Apr 17, 2023
dustmalik:

Wow.. This is fantastic customer service/delivery.

How were you contacted, via mail or in-app message? Did you notice any performance issues before you were contacted?

Via email and on the starlink app.. I just feel they are using end users as beta testers.. Which is very bad

.. In the long run, this will cause a problem for them, especially when there's a competition.. Bezos will begin marketing his hardware soon, promising to be cheaper and faster, covering more regions.. I just hope they will work better on their customer relation as well. as opposed to starlink
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by brainware: 12:50pm On Apr 17, 2023
That's the message sent for a new kit they are preparing to send to me.. Dunno what dey detected, cos the hardware is still functioning

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 6:49am On Apr 18, 2023
brainware:
Please oo, am having some ish.. Same card I used in purchasing is not working for subscription.. Who has experienced and tackled this issue? Pls help

See the message starlink sent me... I'm sure I will be debited today

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by oluwapoju(m): 10:23pm On Apr 18, 2023
georgee:

See the message starlink sent me... I'm sure I will be debited today
You will charged on the 25th
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 7:14am On Apr 19, 2023
oluwapoju:

You will charged on the 25th

Yea.. Saw it too 25th
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by SmartMugu: 2:55am On Apr 23, 2023
georgee:

Yea.. Saw it too 25th
How could you tell he will be billed on the 25th from the screenshot? I asked cos I'm having same issue. I simply don't know how to make payments, not even from same card I ordered the service with.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 7:23am On Apr 23, 2023
SmartMugu:

How could you tell he will be billed on the 25th from the screenshot? I asked cos I'm having same issue. I simply don't know how to make payments, not even from same card I ordered the service with.

See the mail

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 10:11pm On Apr 23, 2023
georgee:

See the mail
Expect to be charged on the 20th.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 11:14pm On Apr 23, 2023
ibawon:

Expect to be charged on the 20th.
Today is 23rd. I have not been charged
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 1:16pm On Apr 24, 2023
georgee:

Today is 23rd. I have not been charged
Enjoy! Just leave it there. Them suppose commot am
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 9:06am On Apr 25, 2023
ibawon:

Enjoy! Just leave it there. Them suppose commot am

I have been debited... 25th April

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by cuteboy2: 6:50pm On May 03, 2023
Been monitoring Starlink role out in Nigeria. I think it's time to jump in.

On checking thier site, I notice the following:

1. Prices are given in Naira. Does this mean that payments can be made in Naira?

2. Hardware cost is now N268k. Does this mean price has been slashed from the initial >N500k?

3. One of the spec of the router says it allows up to 12 Starlink mesh nodes. What exactly is Starlink mesh node?

4. The range of the router is 185m. Does this mean within this range one Does not need to boost signal?

Will appreciate those knowledgeable with thr service to please help answer.
Thanks

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Investor137: 6:41am On May 05, 2023
Just received mine yesterday, mounted on my car first it’s already working. Pls does anyone know the data cap of the STANDARD plan? The $42 plan
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 7:26am On May 05, 2023
Investor137:
Just received mine yesterday, mounted on my car first it’s already working. Pls does anyone know the data cap of the STANDARD plan? The $42 plan
No data cap
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Investor137: 7:31am On May 05, 2023
georgee:

No data cap
I go download the whole world I swearrr
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 9:54am On May 05, 2023
Investor137:
I go download the whole world I swearrr

Na u go tire😂😂😂

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Investor137: 3:12pm On May 06, 2023
This is the speed I get in my place with the startlink

1 Like

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 5:11pm On May 06, 2023
Investor137:
This is the speed I get in my place with the startlink
I know say you go nearly sleep last night. 😀
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Investor137: 6:51pm On May 06, 2023
ibawon:

I know say you go nearly sleep last night. 😀
my brother, when u think of the shege wey Mtn AIRTEL glo do show me for this country for data..I can’t be less happy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by purplekayc(m): 7:06pm On May 06, 2023
cheesy
Investor137:
my brother, when u think of the shege wey Mtn AIRTEL glo do show me for this country for data..I can’t be less happy.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Investor137: 11:46am On May 07, 2023
The starlink wifi router is super fast and the coverage can go quite a good distance to cover the entire house. However, it didn’t meet my expectations in terms of Control and use. It should have features such as
Users management
* device block/unblock
* device data allocation
* parental control features
* content filtering
Etc
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Afingo4luv: 8:42am On May 11, 2023
Get the StarLink satellite internet with 450k Nigerian Naira
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by purplekayc(m): 1:35pm On May 11, 2023
Afingo4luv:
Get the StarLink satellite internet with 450k Nigerian Naira
What's the monthly sub
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Ournolly: 5:35pm On May 11, 2023
purplekayc:

What's the monthly sub
Monthly sub is always $42.56 for Nigerians.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by purplekayc(m): 7:44pm On May 11, 2023
Ournolly:

Monthly sub is always $42.56 for Nigerians.

The problem is that we can't pay with our Naira cards
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by Ournolly: 6:48am On May 12, 2023
purplekayc:

The problem is that we can't pay with our Naira cards
No.
Either PayDay usd card or ChipperCash.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by lippincott(m): 6:03pm On May 15, 2023
I keep trying to order with Payday, Klasha and Chipper Cash. All three dollar cards were declined. I even asked a friend abroad to try helping me order with their dollar card. Same issue. Can anyone help?
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by georgee(m): 6:13pm On May 15, 2023
lippincott:
I keep trying to order with Payday, Klasha and Chipper Cash. All three dollar cards were declined. I even asked a friend abroad to try helping me order with their dollar card. Same issue. Can anyone help?
Na wahala ooo
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by lippincott(m): 6:18pm On May 15, 2023
georgee:

Na wahala ooo

Did you experience these issues too? I have been trying since last Friday. My house has really poor internet reception so I was really banking on Starlink.
Re: My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria by ibawon(m): 12:44am On May 16, 2023
lippincott:

Did you experience these issues too? I have been trying since last Friday. My house has really poor internet reception so I was really banking on Starlink.
You would be supposed that you NIN might just be the culprit. Try use another person details, maybe Madam's.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (51) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy S4 To Launch In March / Lady Mistakenly Buys N15k MTN Airtime Instead Of N1500 / The Address And Hot Line Of Our Carlcare Service Center In Nigeria.

Viewing this topic: fashrola(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.