Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,331 members, 7,811,968 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:04 AM

The Essence Of Examination. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Essence Of Examination. (362 Views)

Forms Of Examination Malpractice In Nigeria By Bscholarly / The Dangers And Evils Of Examination Malpractice On The Students / What Is The Essence Of Acceptance Fees Paid By Students? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Essence Of Examination. by Rootprof(m): 1:51pm On Dec 19, 2022
According to oxford dictionary, examination can be defined as a formal test of a person's knowledge or proficiency in a subject or skill.
I think it's right time Nigeria teachers, lectures starts setting examination questions based on what they taught. Many Nigeria teachers lecturers will teach students with simple terminology and straight forward examples BUT during examination they will set harder question. These act reduces students performance.
If you want to test a student reasoning ability it shouldn't be during exams, you can do that by giving out assignments, workshop, projects e.t.c
Later we wonder why Nigerians that travelled out for studies returns with good results. The answer is simple they don't judge their evaluation based on only test and exams.
For every course or subject there is a table content, syllables, assignments given during teaching, home works, class discussion e.t.c so Examination questions should come from the above mentioned areas. You can't train an apprentice on Toyota then give him Benz to repair. Let teachers and lecturers set exam questions based on what they covered.
Concerning the Benue state university examination that was cancelled based on the believe that the questions are cheap. I think it's wrong to cancel the exam, there is nothing like cheap questions, some may still fail the exam, even here on nairaland we can't outrightly say it's everybody that knows the answer to the questions.
Finally it's the lecturers in charge of the course that needed to be questioned if the questions are from what they taught in class or not, if that's what he taught his/her students then it's fine.
MY PERSONAL OPINION

https://www.nairaland.com/7486492/benue-state-university-cancels-final

(1) (Reply)

Pls Add Me To Any European Study Whatsapp Group Chat / PICTURES: Joseph Olona 300-level FUTA Student Commits Suicide In Ondo State / Why Is Turkey So Prone To Earthquakes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.