Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,168 members, 7,845,839 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) (26224 Views)

Lagos Light Rail: Pictures Of Marina Train Station Under Construction / Interior Pictures Of The Trains To Be Used For The Lagos Light Rail / The True State Of Lagos Light Rail Marina Axis - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Bigchristo: 10:46pm On Dec 20, 2022
Skty:

I de look you since o. Ogun de Kee you? Afonja..if u see fight now u go ja. U fit hold cord..?? Yoruba de fear fight nau.. I beg getat. Don't gaslight urself. Niger Delta money definitely de for Lagos development. Since the 60's Lagos was federal capital nau. So don't talk like Lagos jumped from the sky. Fake Delta guy
Ogun kee you there, those projects you are envying is not executed in the 60’s check the date is 2022, afonja kee you mumu delta guy like you, I can never envy any state in Nigeria I like better thing but you see why Delta nor Dey develop? Because of people like una wey dey look other state Dey grow una nor fit grow una own state, person like you dem need beat that stupid mentality commot for your head, if you like call me fake delta I nor Dey support bad thing, if e too pain you try go Warri flyover bridge from there jump make you die
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by thinkmoney(m): 10:48pm On Dec 20, 2022
Ttalk:
When you tell them about the role played by Tinubu, they will downplay it and say it doesn't matter.

They said raising IGR is nothing but hogwash, to them, IGR means nothing and should not be used as a yardstick to measure the performance of a governor.

This makes me wonder why everyman including Tinubus critics strives to grow their income. Every worker wants a pay rise, and a businessman wants a higher profit, but Tinubus critics say IGR doesn't reflect in the standard or the people.

How do you raise your standard of living if you can't generate enough income to meet your needs?

They are so delusional and fancies the feeding bottle arrangement where every state depends on the FG to meet its needs. No wonder their forefathers were the ones that truncated regional autonomy while the children keep maintaining it.

How do you rationalize people that are against the state's collection of VAT?

Now we are seeing the wonders that a high IGR can do for a state. Today, Lagos is setting another record in sub-Saharan Africa by modernizing its transport system.

Let other states increase their IGR so they can embark on transformational projects, I'm sick and tired of people defending mediocre when they should be talking, a state like Anambra should be on the course if the foundation laid by Chris Ngige to generate income for the state have been kept by the subsequent governors, today, Anambra has dropped on that ladder and it would take the state 7years budget to do what Lagos will do in a year with its budget of 1.7 trillion.

Let's all charge our state governors to perform and stop celebrating mediocrity.

If Tinubu has done it in Lagos, he will do it again at the federal level.

Vote Bola Ahmed Tinubu,

The money has always always always been in lagos. What Tinubu has just done is to collate those money and made the numbers readable. And introduced relatively effective tolling and taxation. This is commendable.
The point however is that the money has always always always been their. Lagos has always been a special city.
Mind you, he can't do much if he had been the governor of Osun. There wont be enough money to make whatever tolling and taxation be really meaningful
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by legba1(m): 11:10pm On Dec 20, 2022
Iam sure they are here already to discredit and down play this feat.

God bless lasg managers.
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Thisis2raw(m): 8:21am On Dec 21, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Hahahaha

Na back of school you go Chinedu

You be big time olodo like your pitiobi a known 3rd class graduate

What a shame
ope dey call me Chinedu, that's the problem with you dirty mouth tribalic set idiots.
You people just have this insane believe that everybody against tinubu are igbos. Keep wishing
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Skty: 8:35am On Dec 21, 2022
Bigchristo:
Ogun kee you there, those projects you are envying is not executed in the 60’s check the date is 2022, afonja kee you mumu delta guy like you, I can never envy any state in Nigeria I like better thing but you see why Delta nor Dey develop? Because of people like una wey dey look other state Dey grow una nor fit grow una own state, person like you dem need beat that stupid mentality commot for your head, if you like call me fake delta I nor Dey support bad thing, if e too pain you try go Warri flyover bridge from there jump make you die

De claim Dubai, u wen Dem shit from nyansh...born throway ...go ask how them take de born human being
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Bigchristo: 9:35am On Dec 21, 2022
Skty:

De claim Dubai, u wen Dem shit from nyansh...born throway ...go ask how them take de born human being

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by LILTJAY: 10:32am On Dec 21, 2022
Skty:

I don't engage with yourabas who insult people. U would have made sense but with the insults pls Bleep off..don't come to my mention if u can't discuss without insulting the usual way sophisticated mumus behave
shutup there you this Niger delta bastard and cultist grin.
Why the same oil money nor develop your useless delta state? grin
Abi your good for nothing state dey reject development.. Lagos is bigger than the entire nigerdelta..
Useless minority delta bastard grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by NigeriaIsGreat: 11:22am On Dec 21, 2022
Thisis2raw:
ope dey call me Chinedu, that's the problem with you dirty mouth tribalic set idiots.
You people just have this insane believe that everybody against tinubu are igbos. Keep wishing
why you no go school?

Your English get K leg
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Skty: 2:58pm On Dec 21, 2022
LILTJAY:
shutup there you this Niger delta bastard and cultist grin.
Why the same oil money nor develop your useless delta state? grin
Abi your good for nothing state dey reject development.. Lagos is bigger than the entire nigerdelta..
Useless minority delta bastard grin grin

U just confirmed it. Una nor get anything for brain only insult...Thief. Bullion goa*t.. bastard...ode..ole.. nincompoo*p... Una wen be born throway..now crawl back into ur hole..u wen ur mama born for different men. Sophisticated mumu...oya make we de curse de go...infact ibos should rally round and canvass for votes...we don't need a Yoruba president ..

Minority na curse? After taking our Niger Delta money..thunder fire ur lungs
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Thisis2raw(m): 5:50pm On Dec 21, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
why you no go school?

Your English get K leg
hahah e no get wetin to talk again ope
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by NigeriaIsGreat: 7:00pm On Dec 21, 2022
Thisis2raw:
hahah e no get wetin to talk again ope
Hahahahaha

English na your mate

grin grin grin
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by LILTJAY: 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2022
Skty:

U just confirmed it. Una nor get anything for brain only insult...Thief. Bullion goa*t.. bastard...ode..ole.. nincompoo*p... Una wen be born throway..now crawl back into ur hole..u wen ur mama born for different men. Sophisticated mumu...oya make we de curse de go...infact ibos should rally round and canvass for votes...we don't need a Yoruba president ..

Minority na curse? After taking our Niger Delta money..thunder fire ur lungs
i dont talk with minorities.. go and look for your mates in the niger Delta..
you are below me

2 Likes

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Thisis2raw(m): 8:37pm On Dec 21, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Hahahahaha

English na your mate

grin grin grin
hahah him no get wetin to talk again ode.
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Skty: 9:08pm On Dec 21, 2022
LILTJAY:
i dont talk with minorities.. go and look for your mates in the niger Delta..
you are below me

U don't talk to them, but their oil money is used to feed u. Don't worry when Obi wins, there will be referendum and the oil funds will be cut off. U go suffer from hunger then. Mark this message
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by LILTJAY: 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2022
Skty:

U don't talk to them, but their oil money is used to feed u. Don't worry when Obi wins, there will be referendum and the oil funds will be cut off. U go suffer from hunger then. Mark this message
we will continue using your oil and there is nothing you can do, because you are a minority tribe grin grin
You talk, you are crushed grin grin
And FYI, obi will not see 3rd position because it belongs to kwankaso.. 4th position has been reserved for him in the coming election.. grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by NigeriaIsGreat: 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2022
Thisis2raw:
hahah him no get wetin to talk again ode.
Chinedu

English no be your mate grin grin grin

I'm pretty sure you are among those who always cry on social media saying SCHOOL NA SCAM

you no fit communicate online due to your k-leg English

grin grin
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Skty: 5:24am On Dec 22, 2022
LILTJAY:
we will continue using your oil and there is nothing you can do, because you are a minority tribe grin grin
You talk, you are crushed grin grin
And FYI, obi will not see 3rd position because it belongs to kwankaso.. 4th position has been reserved for him in the coming election.. grin grin

U are the most funny on earth . I'm very proud to be a minority from Niger Delta. Since wen did minority become curse? I'm laughing at u grin Yoruba people na wa o. Ibo is majority and u guys go about the internet insulting them . Supporting Fulanis so they can rule as if they are minority. U guys keep licking Fulanis as*s so u guys rule..and yet Fulanis betray u guys cos they are way smarter, we minority smart pass una, ibo smart pass una, Fulanis smart pass una. Shebi Buhari say no rigging after ur afonja Tiny-bu don rig for am... Tiny-bu can never be president...

I'm very very very happy and proud to be a minority from Niger Delta. Because I feed u. Without my oil, u are no where. I'm so happy and proud to be Niger Deltan. We are the wealth..we are rich. We live well...

Now over to insult u. What else do Yorubas have? Only to be two faced, lick ases, insult then can't even face a fight. Very dirty lots who live in gutter infested environment. And they sleep for less than 4hours in the worse city in the world. Lastly,their women cheat on them and give them bastards. Many of them are homeless living under the bridge. When I resided in Lagos, I stayed in Victoria Island and lekki, because all ur places are ghettos with dirty smelling houses. Thank God I fled from that dead cage ..

Proudly Niger Delta, Proudly Minority grin.. very excited me. But seriously how a normal person thinks where u are from is an insult? Sophisticated mumu
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by LILTJAY: 5:31am On Dec 22, 2022
Skty:

U are the most funny on earth . I'm very proud to be a minority from Niger Delta. Since wen did minority become curse? I'm laughing at u grin Yoruba people na wa o. Ibo is majority and u guys go about the internet insulting them . Supporting Fulanis so they can rule as if they are minority. U guys keep licking Fulanis as*s so u guys rule..and yet Fulanis betray u guys cos they are way smarter, we minority smart pass una, ibo smart pass una, Fulanis smart pass una. Shebi Buhari say no rigging after ur afonja Tiny-bu don rig for am... Tiny-bu can never be president...

I'm very very very happy and proud to be a minority from Niger Delta. Because I feed u. Without my oil, u are no where. I'm so happy and proud to be Niger Deltan. We are the wealth..we are rich. We live well...

Now over to insult u. What else do Yorubas have? Only to be two faced, lick ases, insult then can't even face a fight. Very dirty lots who live in gutter infested environment. And they sleep for less than 4hours in the worse city in the world. Lastly,their women cheat on them and give them bastards. Many of them are homeless living under the bridge. When I resided in Lagos, I stayed in Victoria Island and lekki, because all ur places are ghettos with dirty smelling houses. Thank God I fled from that dead cage ..

Proudly Niger Delta, Proudly Minority grin.. very excited me. But seriously how a normal person thinks where u are from is an insult? Sophisticated mumu
minority fool shutup.. go and drink ogogoro like the typical Níger Delta miscreant that you are grin; D
While my tribe dominates the oil companies in your land, you guys suffer the consequences of environmental polution grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Skty: 5:36am On Dec 22, 2022
LILTJAY:
minority fool shutup.. go and Frank ogogoro Lake ter typical Níger Delta miscreant that you are grin; D
White my tribe dominates the oil companies in your land, you guys suffer the consequences of environmental polution grin grin

Lol..lol .. henceforth will be signing proudly Niger Deltan...when I was in Lagos, my Yoruba bosses always made me head u Yorubas. Because they didn't trust their Yoruba staff. I was always a storm in their tea.. heading u guys . As such, I only lived in vi and lekki..never lived in ur shitty mainland...the other staff had to come from ikorodu...Really? Yorubas don't dominate our oil companies..ok...we do...with some Fulanis, Hausas and ibos...una nor get levels

Proudly Niger Deltan
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by LILTJAY: 5:53am On Dec 22, 2022
Skty:

Lol..lol .. henceforth will be signing proudly Niger Deltan...when I was in Lagos, my Yoruba bosses always made me head u Yorubas. Because they didn't trust their Yoruba staff. I was always a storm in their tea.. heading u guys . As such, I only lived in vi and lekki..never lived in ur shitty mainland...the other staff had to come from ikorodu...Really? Yorubas don't dominate our oil companies..ok...we do...with some Fulanis, Hausas and ibos...una nor get levels

Proudly Niger Deltan
lies yorubas and northerners dominate oil companies in the Níger Delta..
stop coming here to lie on nairaland

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Skty: 6:38am On Dec 22, 2022
LILTJAY:
lies yorubas and northerners dominate oil companies in the Níger Delta..
stop coming here to lie on nairaland

Lies not Yorubas ...una de ajegunle de drink gutter water. I'm still sleeping. Will wake at 8am... before getting ready for work. but u de bus since 4,am.... lol . level pass level' Will respond to u afonja slavor afterwards.. Proudly Deltan...
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Thisis2raw(m): 9:09am On Dec 22, 2022
NigeriaIsGreat:
Chinedu

English no be your mate grin grin grin

I'm pretty sure you are among those who always cry on social media saying SCHOOL NA SCAM

you no fit communicate online due to your k-leg English

grin grin
ogum kill family der hahahah
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by LILTJAY: 9:28am On Dec 22, 2022
Skty:

Lies not Yorubas ...una de ajegunle de drink gutter water. I'm still sleeping. Will wake at 8am... before getting ready for work. but u de bus since 4,am.... lol . level pass level' Will respond to u afonja slavor afterwards.. Proudly Deltan...
so you are even a salary earner, na im i dey follow talk since.. mtcheew..
Come back to me when you stop receiving monthly payment so you can survive grin grin

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Skty: 10:40pm On Dec 22, 2022
LILTJAY:
so you are even a salary earner, na im i dey follow talk since.. mtcheew..
Come back to me when you stop receiving monthly payment so you can survive grin grin

Lol...I own my business..so I wake at 8am..can any worker on earth even in America wake at 8am??. Fear let u wake even for 5.30 for Lagos...? As usual ur iq is very very low...u come conclude say I be salary earner. I beg learn to be fast thinker..e be like say u nor quick come down for bus
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by omonnakoda: 11:35pm On Dec 22, 2022
LILTJAY:
minority fool shutup.. go and drink ogogoro like the typical Níger Delta miscreant that you are grin; D
While my tribe dominates the oil companies in your land, you guys suffer the consequences of environmental polution grin grin
Very insecure and idiotic talk. You speak on behalf yourself alone

1 Like

Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by LILTJAY: 12:23am On Dec 23, 2022
Skty:

Lol...I own my business..so I wake at 8am..can any worker on earth even in America wake at 8am??. Fear let u wake even for 5.30 for Lagos...? As usual ur iq is very very low...u come conclude say I be salary earner. I beg learn to be fast thinker..e be like say u nor quick come down for bus
shutup na security shifting work na him you dey do... you dey morning now, by tomorrow you go dey night.. reason you wake by 8am because of night duty wey you do yesterday night..
minority security miscreant grin grin grin
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by omonnakoda: 1:15am On Dec 23, 2022
thinkmoney:

The money has always always always been in lagos. What Tinubu has just done is to collate those money and made the numbers readable. And introduced relatively effective tolling and taxation. This is commendable.
The point however is that the money has always always always been their. Lagos has always been a special city.
Mind you, he can't do much if he had been the governor of Osun. There wont be enough money to make whatever tolling and taxation be really meaningful
Money is not a THING like banknotes in a vault or power in a car battery that occupies space in this case the space of Lagos

No money is confidence of capital owners it is a human thing and it can disappear overnight if not managed properly

Lagos is the one place that investors trust the most. Ask Dangote. Imagine him not putting his refinery in the Niger Delta. We must ask did any of the Delta governors work to change his mind ? Shell and others are leaving Warri

The Niger Delta has a confidence problem and if that is fixed and it can be then you would realize that money does not have a house apart from where the owner thinks is safe

The Niger Delta governors since 1999 have mismanaged the wealth that came their way. They have not ended dependence on oil or created a peaceful environment to retain and attract investment. That hostage taking mentality persists and is a huge deterrent to investment
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by Skty: 7:44am On Dec 23, 2022
LILTJAY:
shutup na security shifting work na him you dey do... you dey morning now, by tomorrow you go dey night.. reason you wake by 8am because of night duty wey you do yesterday night..
minority security miscreant grin grin grin

Lol ...u be funny tout......my dear, not everyone de suffer o. Who God has blessed, no man can curse....hit me up if u need a job. I will employ u. But u must have a 2' 1' ....I hate them dull b*tches
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by tonyson010(m): 8:01am On Dec 23, 2022
occam:

True but billions of $ was spent to develop Abuja while Lagos was completely abandoned by FG. No significant FG infrastructure spending for over 37 years (when capital moved to Abuja). All the infrastructure developed by FG then have since decayed. Some have been rehabilitated starting the Tinubu era till date.

So the IGR template developed by Tinubu generated funds that led to renewal of Lagos. Without that fund Lagos may still be a derelict state like others in Nigeria

decayed cos they are perishable goods. the embassies and foreign companies headquarters, the ports, the bridges.
FG seized Lagos federal allocation, then Tinubu saw that with so much in Lagos, He can generate much needed funds from taxation.
it was what he did and even allocated much to himself.

did he make a master plan of turning Lagos to a world class city and implement it ?? NO.
No outstanding railway to help intracity transport, no great intracity transport, housing issue is huge, cleanness is very low with dirty gutters and mosquitoes all over.
Stress level is hell. health hazard is high too.

tinubu tapped into the resource that will benefit him and kept doing that. It has always being anything that will benefit him personally.
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by LILTJAY: 9:38am On Dec 23, 2022
Skty:

Lol ...u be funny tout......my dear, not everyone de suffer o. Who God has blessed, no man can curse....hit me up if u need a job. I will employ u. But u must have a 2' 1' ....I hate them dull b*tches
i will feed your lineage lol grin grin
you better go and watch that gate before you get sacked..
security tribe grin
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by thinkmoney(m): 9:44am On Dec 23, 2022
omonnakoda:

Money is not a THING like banknotes in a vault or power in a car battery that occupies space in this case the space of Lagos

No money is confidence of capital owners it is a human thing and it can disappear overnight if not managed properly

Lagos is the one place that investors trust the most. Ask Dangote. Imagine him not putting his refinery in the Niger Delta. We must ask did any of the Delta governors work to change his mind ? Shell and others are leaving Warri

The Niger Delta has a confidence problem and if that is fixed and it can be then you would realize that money does not have a house apart from where the owner thinks is safe

The Niger Delta governors since 1999 have mismanaged the wealth that came their way. They have not ended dependence on oil or created a peaceful environment to retain and attract investment. That hostage taking mentality persists and is a huge deterrent to investment
My friend, you seem not able to understand the situation of lagos.
Lagos will always be rich because several factors have placed it in that position.
First, lagos have before any city in Nigeria been heavily invested infrastructure wise, way back from around 500years by the Portuguese explores that gave it the name Lagos because they saw similarities in topography with the Lágos in Portugal. Then it was also further developed infrastructure wise by the slave returnees from Brazil, jamaica, Haiti, the America mainland and Europe since about 250years ago. The major port anywhere in Nigeria was already established in badagry all this time to bring in and take out commodities in human and goods.
Furthermore, the British colonisers, because of these already laid down favorable factors, chose to make lagos the capital, first of the southern protectorate then of the whole Nigeria since about 150years ago. They further continued the infrastructural development of lagos, to make it fitting for an administrative centre.
All these times, lagos naturally became the wealthiest and most important city in the whole of Nigeria because if its status, the opportunities it offers, the port and other infrastructures that was nowhere else in Nigeria. It then was attracting multitudes of people from various regions in the hinterland of Nigeria. It started more than any city in Nigeria hosting communities, from Benin kingdom, Egba in abeokuta, Ijebus from ijebu ode, rich business people from Brazil in the lagos island area and even tribes like Nupe from the far central region of Nigeria in Oshodi.
Lagos was then producing the richest families and oligarchs in Nigeria.
Then the federal government of the independent Nigeria took over and increased infrastructural development like one caught in a burst of fever. Significant national wealth was concentrated in lagos to make it a functional city fitting for a young and ambitious country.
All these factors and infrastructure that has been put in place since and continued to increase in velocity from more than 500years, naturally attracted like a magnet pull, people from all works of life across Nigeria and even west Africa. And where you see this kind of infrastructure, opportunities and people, you naturally see wealth. Lagos has from a long time, been the most wealthy and by far the most important city in Nigeria.
What Tinubu did to his big credit, is putting figures on this wealth. By collating revenue, centralising revenue collecting and collating office under a body, increasing and modernizing mechanisms for collecting and collation of taxes and then putting aggressively tollage system in place everywhere in lagos.
This is the situation of lagos. This situation wasn't created in the 8years of Tinubu or even in the about 20years after him. It's been 500years coming.
I have educated you here.
Re: LASG Announces Completion Of First Phase Of Lagos Light Rail (Marina To Mile 2) by omonnakoda: 10:05am On Dec 23, 2022
thinkmoney:

My friend, you seem not able to understand the situation of lagos.
Lagos will always be rich because several factors have placed it in that position.
First, lagos have before any city in Nigeria been heavily invested infrastructure wise, way back from around 500years by the Portuguese explores that gave it the name Lagos because they saw similarities in topography with the Lágos in Portugal. Then it was also further developed infrastructure wise by the slave returnees from Brazil, jamaica, Haiti, the America mainland and Europe since about 250years ago. The major port anywhere in Nigeria was already established in badagry all this time to bring in and take out commodities in human and goods.
Furthermore, the British colonisers, because of these already laid down favorable factors, chose to make lagos the capital, first of the southern protectorate then of the whole Nigeria since about 150years ago. They further continued the infrastructural development of lagos, to make it fitting for an administrative centre.
All these times, lagos naturally became the wealthiest and most important city in the whole of Nigeria because if its status, the opportunities it offers, the port and other infrastructures that was nowhere else in Nigeria. It then was attracting multitudes of people from various regions in the hinterland of Nigeria. It started more than any city in Nigeria hosting communities, from Benin kingdom, Egba in abeokuta, Ijebus from ijebu ode, rich business people from Brazil in the lagos island area and even tribes like Nupe from the far central region of Nigeria in Oshodi.
Lagos was then producing the richest families and oligarchs in Nigeria.
Then the federal government of the independent Nigeria took over and increased infrastructural development like one caught in a burst of fever. Significant national wealth was concentrated in lagos to make it a functional city fitting for a young and ambitious country.
All these factors and infrastructure that has been put in place since and continued to increase in velocity from more than 500years, naturally attracted like a magnet pull, people from all works of life across Nigeria and even west Africa. And where you see this kind of infrastructure, opportunities and people, you naturally see wealth. Lagos has from a long time, been the most wealthy and by far the most important city in Nigeria.
What Tinubu did to his big credit, is putting figures on this wealth. By collating revenue, centralising revenue collecting and collating office under a body, increasing and modernizing mechanisms for collecting and collation of taxes and then putting aggressively tollage system in place everywhere in lagos.
This is the situation of lagos. This situation wasn't created in the 8years of Tinubu or even in the about 20years after him. It's been 500years coming.
I have educated you here.
You are an ignoramus.mixing half-truths with imagination
What is the summary of this twaddle. What is your point
Mine is clear money has no house . It goes where its owners think it will be safe and in Nigeria today that is Lagos.

Do you have a point?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

lessons from the lawmakers sex scandal and A personal experience! / Jewish Refugee Wills €2Million To French Village For Protection Against Nazi / Live Tracker Shows Nigerian Air Back To Regular Service For Ethiopian Airlines

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.