Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,628 members, 7,955,302 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:55 PM

Business Questions For Programmers - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Business Questions For Programmers (1017 Views)

Best Laptops & Desktop Computers For Programmers?? / Mini Web Application Coding Challenge For Programmers / Interview Questions For A Software Developer ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Business Questions For Programmers by prodam(m): 6:20pm On Aug 31, 2011
good day to you all

I would like programmers to answer the following about the market structure of programmers

1. what do I need to be regarded as a programmer in the labor market.
2. how do i charge my customers: I do desktop and web
3. is there any standard for programmers i.e ethics, jargons,society, regulating body etc
4. my pay compared with a network engineer in NIgeria,is it MORE OR LESS

I am actually asking these questions here to get various responses from experts. Feels good to hear from peeps who av gone through what u going through...and for the last question, I love programming and would love to earn a living through it..but u know the Nigerian factor..smilees...its all good
Hon. Fayimora, *dhtml etc I am looking forward to hearing from you, i love your posts,
thanks
Re: Business Questions For Programmers by okeyxyz(m): 12:53am On Sep 01, 2011
prodam:
1. what do I need to be regarded as a programmer in the labor market.
A hunger for power. Great programmers(if u want to be one) want to dominate the world around themselves. that's the passion that drives you.

2. how do i charge my customers: I do desktop and web
you must enter the market, compete and determine your own competitive strategy, either by lower price or by creating a unique value to charge higher price(eg: apple iphone, ipod, ipad).

3. is there any standard for programmers i.e ethics, jargons,society, regulating body etc
Ethics will concern issues of proper use of technology(eg: human\legal rights, social responsibility), regulations about intellectual and market rights, the rest is up to innovation and creativity. whoever brings the most innovative and useful\marketable technology sets the standard that others follow(eg: apple again, windows, google, youtube, facebook, etc).

4. my pay compared with a network engineer in NIgeria,is it MORE OR LESS
Hmm, put it this way: a guru network-engineer vs a guru programmer, the engineer is the high priest, while the programmer is THE GOD.

but mehn, no be yam o. u gat to pay your dues in "sweat and blood". it's no childs play.
Re: Business Questions For Programmers by prodam(m): 8:50pm On Sep 02, 2011
thanks okeyxyz,
I really appreciate your answers and would definitely act right.
do you do asp.net?

(1) (Reply)

How can i completely decomplie this VB software - its urgent / "Love At First Byte"! Your Story / Help, I Need Experience In Java!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.