Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,427 members, 7,815,964 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:21 PM

Messi Vs. CR7 G.O.A.T Debate: A Scriptural View Point - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Messi Vs. CR7 G.O.A.T Debate: A Scriptural View Point (433 Views)

Messi Vs Iceland: Caption These Photos Of Iceland Players Marking Messi / Comparing The Penalty Played By Messi Vs The One Ronaldo Played / Cristiano Ronaldo Boards His CR7 Private Jet In Style (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Messi Vs. CR7 G.O.A.T Debate: A Scriptural View Point by Mykellio: 11:24am On Dec 21, 2022
Hi all.

I am not a Righteousness2 wannabe. I'm just a lover of God, humanity and football.

Jesus spoke a lot in parables. Especially involving enterprise, talent maximization, competency and character development.

He used examples of farms, weddings, banquets/ feasts etc. Apostle Paul described the journey of a believer as a fight and race.

Hence, drawing important lessons from the World Cup are not out of place.

Messi built his football career on Christ, character and competence/ capacity (3Cs). Dani Alves was quoted saying Messi always talked about Almighty God.

At the end, Prov. 18:16 - the gift (talent, skill, capacity, compentence) of a man maketh room for him and bringeth him before great men (kings), Prov. 22:29 - seest thou a man diligent in his business, he shall stand before kings and not mean men - answered expressly in his life.

1Sam. 2:9 - for by strength shall no man prevail. Eccl. 9:11 - the race is not to the swift (speed), neither battle to the strong (force) ....but time (season) and chance (opportunity) happens to all men. Mbappe is fast and youthful. Yes. Ronaldo is strong and will-powered. But were this sufficient to defeat a man whose time had come?

Finally, Prov. 3:4-6 - a man can find uncommon favor in the sight of God and humans. We can call it partiality or preferential treatment. It is God's strategy for setting His people apart and ahead in life. God resists the proud and gives grace to the humble - Jms. 4:6, 1Pet. 5:6.

We live in a very arrogant, individualistic, parochial-mentality and myopic generation. Lionel Messi is a Christian but Arabs staunch conservative Muslims made his dream come true. Honored him. Crowned him the G.O.A.T.

Hence, my viewpoint is NOT for everyone. It is for the sapient, cerebral, teachable, open-minded, and discerning.

If Jesus was here today, He would say a parable this way.. behold the Kingdom of God is like a World Cup. Many champions were present. One was given great GRACE and honour. Another faced DISGRACE and dishonour.

Let he that hath an ear hear...

Re: Messi Vs. CR7 G.O.A.T Debate: A Scriptural View Point by Softmirror: 11:29am On Dec 21, 2022
TRASH! YOU FOR SAY JESUS FOR BE REFEREE SEF FOR THIS WORLD CUP. NONSENSE.

Mykellio:
Hi all.

If Jesus was here today, He would say a parable this way.. behold the Kingdom of God is like a World Cup. Many champions were present. One was given great GRACE and honour. Another faced DISGRACE and dishonour.

Let he that hath an ear hear...
Re: Messi Vs. CR7 G.O.A.T Debate: A Scriptural View Point by Mykellio: 11:35am On Dec 21, 2022
Softmirror:
TRASH! YOU FOR SAY JESUS FOR BE REFEREE SEF FOR THIS WORLD CUP. NONSENSE.

Read well.

My writeup is not for your type.

YOU DONT HAVE TO AGREE WITH ME.

TRASH to you TREASURE to some.

Peace be unto you.

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs. CR7 G.O.A.T Debate: A Scriptural View Point by Softmirror: 11:40am On Dec 21, 2022
Mykellio:

Read well.

My writeup is not for your type.

YOU DONT HAVE TO AGREE WITH ME.

TRASH to you TREASURE to some.

Peace be unto you.

IT IS COMPLETELY, TRASH. CONSIDERING YOUR VIEW POINT. HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED THE NIGERIAN TEAM NOT PRAYING TO GOD BEFORE AND AFTER EVERY MATCH? OKAY, PLEASE KINDLY EXPLAIN WHY NIGERIA IS YET TO LIFT THE WORLD CUP? WE DIDN'T EVEN PARTICIPATE IN THIS ONE DESPITE YOUR PERSPECTIVE OF THE GOD FACTOR.

PERHAPS MESSI STARTED EMBRACING GOD AFTER LOSING THE WORLD CUP FINALS IN 2014. WHAT EXPLANATION CAN YOU GIVE TO THE NUMEROUS LOSES BEFORE THIS VICTORY? AND THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN WINNING WHO MADE THEM WIN, SATAN? undecided

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs. CR7 G.O.A.T Debate: A Scriptural View Point by Mykellio: 11:45am On Dec 21, 2022
Softmirror:

IT IS COMPLETELY, TRASH. CONSIDERING YOUR VIEW POINT. HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED THE NIGERIAN TEAM NOT PRAYING TO GOD BEFORE AND AFTER EVERY MATCH? OKAY, PLEASE KINDLY EXPLAIN WHY NIGERIA IS YET TO LIFT THE WORLD CUP? WE DIDN'T EVEN PARTICIPATE IN THIS ONE DESPITE YOUR PERSPECTIVE OF THE GOD FACTOR.

PERHAPS MESSI STARTED EMBRACING GOD AFTER LOSING THE WORLD CUP FINALS IN 2014. WHAT EXPLANATION CAN YOU GIVE TO THE NUMEROUS LOSES BEFORE THIS VICTORY?

Praying to God alone is not equal to knowing Christ, building competence and developing character (3Cs).

You apparently lack the sapience and cerebral juice to assimilate my writeup.

Again peace unto you.

1 Like

Re: Messi Vs. CR7 G.O.A.T Debate: A Scriptural View Point by Softmirror: 11:57am On Dec 21, 2022
Mykellio:

Praying to God alone is not equal to knowing Christ, building competence and developing character (3Cs).

You apparently lack the sapience and cerebral juice to assimilate my writeup.

Again peace unto you.

SO, WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY? THAT WHEN MESSI COULDN'T LIFT THE WORLD CUP IN 2014 HE WAS ONLY PRAYING TO GOD BUT NEVER KNEW CHRIST WHILE THE GERMANS WON IT BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONES WHO KNEW CHRIST AT THAT TIME, NA DEM BE BORN AGAIN. YOU ARE BEING NARROW MINDED.

2 Likes

Re: Messi Vs. CR7 G.O.A.T Debate: A Scriptural View Point by Mykellio: 12:03pm On Dec 21, 2022
He has won it at God's time.

The outcomes are epic.

Yes. There have been World Cup winners before now.

But this has hit differently. Resonating and reverberating globally.

Perhaps, you are one of the diehard CR7 fans.

Don't let fanaticism rob you of valuable knowledge.

I presented my opinion as a student of life.

And not as a fan of Messi.

Know this and know peace.
Re: Messi Vs. CR7 G.O.A.T Debate: A Scriptural View Point by Kingcalls: 4:38pm On Dec 21, 2022
God doesn't support racists and Nazis

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Datro Fofana Vs Eriling Haaland / Fact Check: Osimhen Did Not Win The Serie A Player Of The Month February (proof) / My Quick Cashout;i For Lose This Ticket If To Say I No Cashout Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.