Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,350 members, 7,839,619 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? (1504 Views)

Lionel Messi At 33: 10 Interesting Facts You Should Know About Him / Barcelona Team Bus Leaves Lionel Messi At Anfield After Liverpool Defeat / "Kylian Mbappe Better Than Thierry Henry At 19" - France Coach, Didier Deschamps (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by tolue42(m): 7:08am On Dec 22, 2022
Stats don't lie!
we seems to sleeping on this guy called Embappe. At age of 23 this guy already put his amongst the legends.

Please check the states below, you can as well add your own.

Embappe already won 17 trophies already, more than Messi at 23

Lalasticla

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by madridguy(m): 7:12am On Dec 22, 2022
The boy has tried at his tender age.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by Eriokanmi: 7:17am On Dec 22, 2022
Mbape is the next goat. Messi and Ronaldo did their best but records are meant to be broken. Nobody holds it forever.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by tolue42(m): 7:18am On Dec 22, 2022
madridguy:
The boy has tried at his tender age.

I think Ronaldo and Messi overshadow the guy , I swear

1 Like

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by tolue42(m): 7:20am On Dec 22, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Mbape is the next goat. Messi and Ronaldo did their best but records are meant to be broken. Nobody holds it forever.

I tell you.. the guy is like a combination of Henry and Samuel Eto’ in one person
Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by chiefolododo(m): 7:20am On Dec 22, 2022
Mbappe is better

3 Likes

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by wordbank(m): 7:20am On Dec 22, 2022
grin
Mbappe is just incredible!
But the GOAT is MESSI

1 Like

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by WibusJaga: 7:22am On Dec 22, 2022

Well, the stats favor Mbappe at 23. Let's hope his career spans long enough to establish his GOAT status.

But aside stats, if you watch any documentary on Messi, you can't but marvel at the LITTLE MAGICIAN's magical skills & football ingenuity. kiss

11 Likes

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by reccy(m): 7:25am On Dec 22, 2022
Radarada oro.... This one nah talk now?

What about Ballon d'or?

Fifa best nko oooo.

Ahbeg make nobody vex me.

1 Like

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by chiefolododo(m): 7:35am On Dec 22, 2022
17 Ballon d'or should be awarded to Mbappe now
Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by madridguy(m): 7:37am On Dec 22, 2022
They cannot overshadow him, because he has many years ahead of him.

tolue42:

I think Ronaldo and Messi overshadow the guy , I swear

1 Like

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by Quodseverismete: 7:44am On Dec 22, 2022
Mbape is my all time best so far. I don't like Messi style of football, he can never dribble someone face to face but side dribbling and using one hand to block someone marking him. Secondly, he always being favored by officials. Mbape has the speed, powerful shots and can dribble people face to face. Only those who watches football always will understand that

9 Likes

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by Patrickker(m): 7:44am On Dec 22, 2022
Racism has a center seat in world football. He is by far better than Messi. But so long as Messi plays active football, Mbappe would always play second fiddle. His crime? He isn't white enough or he is just of African descent. If Mbappe were a white dude through and through, he would have been projected more, awarded more and perhaps would have been a god already. Plus or minus, Messi at this Mbappe's age had less stats but was literally worshiped. I always remind people who care to know, Mbappe won't get what he deserves. He wont be the next big thing. Who will? Haaland. Why? He is more white or European than Mbappe. With or without stats, i see Haaland getting his hands more or awards. The media, FIFA, fans, gullible African football enthusiats that know little or nothing about football politics, referees etc. We are in for injustices, unfairness and negative twists and turns that ultimately spins money for the few, and who does it better? The white enough folks. Mbappe you won my heart, you have done much

5 Likes

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by OJEEMAH(m): 7:55am On Dec 22, 2022
Op don’t just bring stats, kindly highlight Mbappe’s personal achievements at 23.

At 20, Messi was nominated for Balon D’or & FIFA World Best alongside Ronaldo and Kaka.

At 21, Messi finished second to Ronaldo in Balon D’or & FIFA World Best.

At 22, Messi won his first out of 7 FIFA Best/Balon D’or.

At 23, Messi was 2 times UEFA Player of the Year for destroying Real Madrid, Arsenal, Man United, Bayern Munich, AC Milan and many others in the champions league.

At 23, Messi won his first out of 6 European Golden Boots.

At 23, Messi was top scorer for 2 consecutive seasons in UEFA Champions League.

Don’t tell me, Mbappe won Ligue 1 and Ligue top scorer cos I intentionally omitted that of Messi……if I add that, Mbappe will be taken to the cleaners straight up.

And don’t tell me Mbappe won World Cup at 19 cos I didnt include Messi had 2 UCL at 23……na team achievements be that.

Show us his personal achievements!!

Stats is inconsequential without achievements.

Is Bican better than Puskas or Di Stefano?

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by ObiLamba: 8:06am On Dec 22, 2022
Messi is overrated. Only Ronaldo is better than Mbappe

1 Like

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by AImiron: 8:11am On Dec 22, 2022
ObiLamba:

4 Likes

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by OJEEMAH(m): 8:25am On Dec 22, 2022
Patrickker:
Racism has a center seat in world football. He is by far better than Messi. But so long as Messi plays active football, Mbappe would always play second fiddle. His crime? He isn't white enough or he is just of African descent. If Mbappe were a white dude through and through, he would have been projected more, awarded more and perhaps would have been a god already. Plus or minus, Messi at this Mbappe's age had less stats but was literally worshiped. I always remind people who care to know, Mbappe won't get what he deserves. He wont be the next big thing. Who will? Haaland. Why? He is more white or European than Mbappe. With or without stats, i see Haaland getting his hands more or awards. The media, FIFA, fans, gullible African football enthusiats that know little or nothing about football politics, referees etc. We are in for injustices, unfairness and negative twists and turns that ultimately spins money for the few, and who does it better? The white enough folks. Mbappe you won my heart, you have done much
Aside World Cup, what else?

Any European Golden at 23?
Any UEFA Champions League Top Scorer at 23?
At 23, any UEFA Player of the Year?

Would you take Bican ahead of Maradona, Puskas or Di Stefano?

stats without achievements is inconsequential

Mbappe is good and I like him as a player but stop this needless comparison. He’s no match for Messi at 23.

Na people like una Dey cause confusion by using the GOAT label on him.

3 Likes

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by ThierryJay: 8:55am On Dec 22, 2022
OP and those who asked this questions are deluded. The stats they provided up there is even false as they've reduced Messi's number of goals at 23.

At 23, Messi had already won the World best award twice competing against a Prime Cristiano. Mbappe was never even the best player of his generation at 23 with less illustrious competitors.

The way Messi dominated Man Utd in the UCL final or Real Madrid in the semi final at 23 or Arsenal in UCL QF, Mbappe has never reached that level of football terrorism despite playing against weaker teams than those ones.

The fact that Mbappe scored most of his goals in the French Lique 1 takes away from the impact of his goals scored stats. Messi's goals in a tougher La liga of that time outweighs Mbappe.

Henry won a World cup at 20 years old as France highest goal scorer when Messi sef never smell final, but you couldnt even compare both when they were in Barca. Kaka won 2002 WC at 20. Still could not come near Messi.

Maybe Mbappe at 23 is better than Pendu sha based on Pendulum's logic grin

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by Lamanii22(f): 8:55am On Dec 22, 2022
ObiLamba:
keep crying Kpele dear…
Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by MJBOLT: 9:01am On Dec 22, 2022
after realizing that pendu is eternally finished,his idiotic fans have now turned to Mbappe to save face.
Show me a bigger fanbase of clowns, I'll wait.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by Lamanii22(f): 9:01am On Dec 22, 2022
I feel y’all cr7 fans should compare mbappe with a present footballer that is of the same age as him…. Comparing him with Messi is disrespectful, y’all should respect your elders…

8 Likes

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by ObiLamba: 9:02am On Dec 22, 2022
Lamanii22:
keep crying Kpele dear…
You re a beautiful pessi fan

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by Harrytimbog(m): 9:50am On Dec 22, 2022
Someone please remind me of any best player / MVP award CR7 won while playing for country. Even if na Portuguese kindergarten team. Even second sef we go manage m

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by Harrytimbog(m): 9:51am On Dec 22, 2022
### Best player of his generation ###
Lionel Messi the only player to have won MVP in all football tournaments he has played in for both country and club at least once in the history of football as well as winning each competition at least once cheesy.
Right from U20(MVP), Copa America young best player, 2X MVP in Copa America, 2X world cup golden ball winner, best player in the club league multiple times, Best player in Uefa champions league multiple times. Make I no talk bout 7 ballon dors, 6 european golden boot, 8 league highest goalscorer + Multiple times IFHHS Playmaker of the year award.
Excellent at freekicks, king of dribbling, too good with key passes...total package. Insane number of assists n man of the match awards…damn. Just mention an active or retired player who has everything or even have close to this combined talent coupled with the discipline to keep it up for over 10 years

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by OJEEMAH(m): 9:54am On Dec 22, 2022
ThierryJay:
OP and those who asked this questions are deluded. The stats they provided up there is even false as they've reduced Messi's number of goals at 23.

At 23, Messi had already won the World best award twice competing against a Prime Cristiano. Mbappe was never even the best player of his generation at 23 with less illustrious competitors.

The way Messi dominated Man Utd in the UCL final or Real Madrid in the semi final at 23 or Arsenal in UCL QF, Mbappe has never reached that level of football terrorism despite playing against weaker teams than those ones.

The fact that Mbappe scored most of his goals in the French Lique 1 takes away from the impact of his goals scored stats. Messi's goals in a tougher La liga of that time outweighs Mbappe.

Henry won a World cup at 20 years old as France highest goal scorer when Messi sef never smell final, but you couldnt even compare both when they were in Barca. Kaka won 2002 WC at 20. Still could not come near Messi.

Maybe Mbappe at 23 is better than Pendu sha based on Pendulum's logic grin

Penaldians are doing a lot harm to Pendu’s legacy each time they try to compare Mbappe to Messi. Even the little boy is not that foolish to ever compare himself to Messi.

2 Likes

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by ThierryJay: 10:13am On Dec 22, 2022
OJEEMAH:
Penaldians are doing a lot harm to Pendu’s legacy each time they try to compare Mbappe to Messi. Even the little boy is not that foolish to ever compare himself to Messi.

They dont care about Pendu! They hate Messi more than they love Ronaldo which is why they all sucking Mbappe's d1ck now.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by CEOKmotors: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2022
The comparison is not between Messi and Ronaldo anymore, but between Messi and mpabbe.

Damn, see the length of stupidity Ronaldo fan boys can go just to tarnish Messi.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by CEOKmotors: 11:04am On Dec 22, 2022
tolue42:
Stats don't lie!
we seems to sleeping on this guy called Embappe. At age of 23 this guy already put his amongst the legends.

Lalasticla

Na hatred go kee you las las.

Ronaldo's ballz is now too wrinkled, you're now sucking Mbappe's.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by tolue42(m): 11:16am On Dec 22, 2022
CEOKmotors:

Na hatred go kee you las las.

Ronaldo's ballz is now too wrinkled, you're not sucking Mbappe's.

Hmmm fact don't lie!
Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by Masterviolence(m): 11:40am On Dec 22, 2022
Am expecting more of this kind of trends from Ronaldo's fans.

The only words I have for you is CRY MORE
grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by Masterviolence(m): 11:42am On Dec 22, 2022
Instead of you to bring out personal achievements, you're bringing out stats of team achievements.

You'll cry for eternity. grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Kylian Mbappe Better Than Messi At 23? by Ofunwa111: 11:56am On Dec 22, 2022
tolue42:
Stats don't lie!

Lalasticla

Stop this shitty comparison.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen Visit To Old Friends In His Former Hood(photos, Video) / Manchester And Celtic Fight For Bidemi Afolabi / Betting For Profit (Q&A)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.