Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,929 members, 7,841,560 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:21 AM

What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? (6063 Views)

Christians Come And Explain This My Heart Hurts (photos) / The Sin That Hurts The Most / Bitterness Hurts You More Than The Offender. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Karleb(m): 8:08am On Dec 25, 2022
Buddha3:
You get hurt, find ways to hurt back. Then everyone asks forgiveness later.

My best friend slept with my girlfriend 11years ago, even had the audacity to rub it in my face days later while we drank beer. Took me 7years to retaliate, and when I did, I slept with the woman he had already done "introduction" for and was intending to marry. He was livid when the girl told him days later cause I forced her to tell him so they don't marry with such a secret between them. He broke up with her outright, maliced me to this day, but not before I told him that was my revenge for his betrayal years ago. No regrets whatsoever.

No one person has the monopoly of sheer wickedness.

This is the kind of story I love. No matter what, take your revenge.

It shows you are no push over and dangerous. It also gives you closure.

You are the man. cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Jozilinn: 8:08am On Dec 25, 2022
If you keep quiet always, you would be taken for a fool and no matter how hard you try to ignore it ... forgiveness is not easy like most people put up there, for me I let the person know and if I noticed that the person keeps repeating the same thing on and on I try my best to mobmbe away as far as possible from that person.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:12am On Dec 25, 2022
Forgive and Move on.

Do not hold grudges.

Karma knows everyone address.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Olanwafriday: 8:13am On Dec 25, 2022
lalalista:
I feel so hurt and heart broken by someone. I want to fight back but I'm helpless. I want to revenge but I don't know how to go about it. What do I do to deal with this person without involving physical action?

Forgive
Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Waffarianman(m): 8:15am On Dec 25, 2022
This dude is not ready to explain what really happened to him before we comes to rescue.

Me. You don't hurt me and go free I'll try any wish way to hurt you back and feel same way.

Chima "Ibo" my top boss in our company demoted me for no reason just because of greed after stealing billions for him I exposed him to the Chinese that owns the company that's how everywhere scattered... I movee

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 25, 2022
Karleb:

This is the kind of story I love. No matter what, take your revenge.

It shows you are no push over and dangerous. It also gives you closure.

You are the man. cool

Trust me, that was the closure I needed.

I can go months without a frown on my face. I'm wired to hardly get upset and it's even harder to hurt me. But when you go out of your way to give me pain, even if it takes me 10years, I'll have my pound of flesh. And I'll do it in a manner it will hurt you more than twice the pain you gave me.

I have no conceptual acceptance for when people say "forgive and leave things to God". That shit is the reason most people readily oppress others.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Johel(m): 8:36am On Dec 25, 2022
lalalista:
I feel so hurt and heart broken by someone. I want to fight back but I'm helpless. I want to revenge but I don't know how to go about it. What do I do to deal with this person without involving physical action?

Just lock up, forget the person exists and move.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 25, 2022
I get agitated and try to get revenge but most times, it's not possible. I feel the anger and i may cry but i get over it.
Also it depends on what happens. I may cut the person off or never give a Bleep about them anymore.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by valentineuwakwe(m): 8:47am On Dec 25, 2022
I just laugh it off and forgive knowing life is too short to carry or bear any burden over issues!
Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by sircatherine45(m): 8:47am On Dec 25, 2022
Buddha3:

Trust me, that was the closure I needed.

I can go months without a frown on my face. I'm wired to hardly get upset and it's even harder to hurt me. But when you go out of your way to give me pain, even if it takes me 10years, I'll have my pound of flesh. And I'll do it in a manner it will hurt you more than twice the pain you gave me.

I have no conceptual acceptance for when people say "forgive and leave things to God". That shit is the reason most people readily oppress others.
what if the person dies before you act on your revenge? that's a loss for you, somehow. or are you going to revenge on the offsprings or siblings of the offender?

revenge is a dish best served cold, but nor all revenges are worth your time. I've seen revenges turn humans to savages, irredeemable ones at that.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Musam6920(m): 9:11am On Dec 25, 2022
you go to Baba alawo naa or report the person to wichcraft lobatan.
Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 25, 2022
sircatherine45:

what if the person dies before you act on your revenge? that's a loss for you, somehow. or are you going to revenge on the offsprings or siblings of the offender?

revenge is a dish best served cold, but nor all revenges are worth your time. I've seen revenges turn humans to savages, irredeemable ones at that.

I'm not exactly implying that it always takes me years to exert revenge, no. But in the case I do not have the means to serve you a more spicier morsel of your own recipe swiftly, I don't let go. And this is not to imply that I wriggle under the burden of that revenge for the years it takes me to serve it, I am a receptacle of memories. Loads of those memories go cold over time, but they never fade. So I'll always revisit that which you did that gave me pain at the time.

My first girlfriend gave me a "no sex" condition upon acceptance. Two years into the relationship and all I ever got were kisses and hugs. Day I found out she'd been sleeping with the same man she once introduced to me as her father's good friend for about 3years running, I said nothing. A week later, I sweet talked her into finally giving me sex. Two days later I slept with her younger sister in their family house. She found out from me few days later and when she attempted to fuss about it, I broke up with her but not before letting her know she'd been unfaithful in all the time we dated. The tears were hers for the shedding for weeks. Her relationship with her sister never remained the same.

Don't hurt people if you cannot stomach pain yourself.

5 Likes

Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by silibaba: 9:38am On Dec 25, 2022
lalalista:

My advice to you is this:

If you are in a hurry, walk slowly.

Words of wisdom.
Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Hussein035: 9:39am On Dec 25, 2022
lalalista:
why should I?

This is the kind of people that goes to herbalist to help them deal with people who hurt them and ended up destroying the person just because herbalist will not ask you to tell the truth between you and the person you claimed to have hurt you

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Venom11(m): 9:51am On Dec 25, 2022
chatinent:
Play strong and be strong.

Forgive and move on.
FORGIVENESS is not an easy thing, if you've rea bn hurt, you'd understood by now, that forgiveness is a process nd you learn how to forgive...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Brushstrokes20: 9:54am On Dec 25, 2022
Though difficult, I try so hard to FORGIVE the SIN and FORGET the person, why?... Cos my payback is better imagined than experienced cool
Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by 9jii(m): 10:03am On Dec 25, 2022
lalalista:
Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by EMPEROROFDONBAS(m): 10:09am On Dec 25, 2022
Buddha3:
You get hurt, find ways to hurt back. Then everyone asks forgiveness later.

My best friend slept with my girlfriend 11years ago, even had the audacity to rub it in my face days later while we drank beer. Took me 7years to retaliate, and when I did, I slept with the woman he had already done "introduction" for and was intending to marry. He was livid when the girl told him days later cause I forced her to tell him so they don't marry with such a secret between them. He broke up with her outright, maliced me to this day, but not before I told him that was my revenge for his betrayal years ago. No regrets whatsoever.

No one person has the monopoly of sheer wickedness.
you will live long
Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by chatinent: 10:15am On Dec 25, 2022
Venom11:

FORGIVENESS is not an easy thing, if you've rea bn hurt, you'd understood by now, that forgiveness is a process nd you learn how to forgive...

I didn't say forgetting what happened.
I said forgiveness.

Forgiveness is easy ..I understand forgetting it is difficult.
Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Lukuluku69(m): 10:24am On Dec 25, 2022
lalalista:

When we are wronged and hurting, the instinct in us all seek redress, revenge, Justice.

The Victory, your victory, my victory lies in doing the reverse of what was meted out to us.

Do unlike those that wronged. It is hard but trust me, it is higher both in the physical and spiritual realm.
Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Juleeee: 10:29am On Dec 25, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
Did you create this thread out of boredom or something? undecided

I think he did.
Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Treasuredgift(f): 11:43am On Dec 25, 2022
lalalista:
calm down dear, I am sure you are still hurting.
Its not easy, but give it time, the pain will heal.

Lemme drift a liitle with my own story:
Some years back in school, a best friend backstabbed me and broke my heart.
It was my first heart break and for everytime my heart drifted to it, I would be struggling to control the tears.
I would wet my bunk with tears, wanting the pain to go away. I cried so much and began to distance myself from humans, and anything called friendship.
Personally, my reaction to pain, is to cease from whatever source that pain came through.

I also had a roommate then too, who found out that her fiance was cheating on her with another girl close to our room....ha, double heartbreak for two roomie. See tears everywhere grin
Who will console who?
I had to encourage her, telling her to try and let it go, even though I was also trying to take my own advise.
No need for revenge. The best revenge is to move on, and try to be happy. I told her.
Las las, she had a carry over and some bad grades, because she couldn't concentrate her mind and read for the exam. I tried my best too, No carry over, but my grades were very very bad......my CGPA dropped, like a hot dough. E choke. grin

In summary.....Time healed the pain. Yes the scar is still there, but the pain is gone.
I didn't have to revenge. No need.
Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by sircatherine45(m): 11:50am On Dec 25, 2022
Buddha3:

I'm not exactly implying that it always takes me years to exert revenge, no. But in the case I do not have the means to serve you a more spicier morsel of your own recipe swiftly, I don't let go. And this is not to imply that I wriggle under the burden of that revenge for the years it takes me to serve it, I am a receptacle of memories. Loads of those memories go cold over time, but they never fade. So I'll always revisit that which you did that gave me pain at the time.

My first girlfriend gave me a "no sex" condition upon acceptance. Two years into the relationship and all I ever got were kisses and hugs. Day I found out she'd been sleeping with the same man she once introduced to me as her father's good friend for about 3years running, I said nothing. A week later, I sweet talked her into finally giving me sex. Two days later I slept with her younger sister in their family house. She found out from me few days later and when she attempted to fuss about it, I broke up with her but not before letting her know she'd been unfaithful in all the time we dated. The tears were hers for the shedding for weeks. Her relationship with her sister never remained the same.

Don't hurt people if you cannot stomach pain yourself.

I'm not talking about the time spent scheming revenges, and I'm not going to rattle you out of your belief.

An example: If someone as powerful as a president kills a sibling of yours, how do you revenge when the villain has no offsprings and his businesses are sophisticated?

Now, assuming if you slept with your ex's girlfriend sister and you contact an incurable disease, how do you explain that? Or the said sister starts hunting you down, how are you going to play that out?

Nobody has the monopoly on revenge, you know.

I'm not a student of revenge, but I only seek revenge unto the person who caused the pain, not an innocent person. I don't involve collateral damage like killing offsprings or burning down business. This will lead to a chain of negative events affecting everyone!

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by sircatherine45(m): 12:02pm On Dec 25, 2022
I did a business deal with one Yoruba guy, the deal was successful, but guyman no wan pay me. Started threatening me with police and army. I needed the money for some urgent need. The thing pain me die, seeing someone you trusted betrayed you.

Five years later, I got a security job in an IT firm. One day, I saw the guy's elder brother around my work premises looking for someone. The guy didn't recognize me, but I did. Looking at his sibling's face, I would have brought out a pistol and shot him dead on the spot. But I didn't want to spill blood, so I just exchanged handshakes with him and left. All these five years that passed, I forgot about the incident, but seeing the face of this guy's brother, I became enraged.

I heard Intel from the streets that man's hosting a party at a hotel in the mainland. I travelled to Owerri to see one of my uncles who was a powerful Buccaneer member. He organized six men, entered flight back to Lagos. On the D-day, we strategized how to extract the guy. Infact, his drunken state made it easier for us to get him. We put him in a traveling bag, put it in a jeep and headed straight for Owerri in the thick cover of the night, armed with dangerous security operatives.

I made sure I gave him the Gulag treatment, then broke his legs and hands.

Fvckup no dey sour, but I no dey kill maim, kill or harass innocent people wey the matter no concern. I only go after the person who did me wrong and nothing else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by dave601: 12:32pm On Dec 25, 2022
I forgive them... I'm thankful God terribly dealt with my unforgiving spirit I suffered back in high school days. It was so bad that one of my nicknames has got Malice in it. But today people kind of get quite disappointed for failing trying to get me hurt.

Another thing is I get divine grace to forgive without them asking... And I've noticed people can take advantage of that or even hate you more.

God bless.
Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by DearGorgeous(f): 1:00pm On Dec 25, 2022
Ok
Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by WelcomeToBiafra: 1:23pm On Dec 25, 2022
Kobojunkiee:
You have to give us more information to work with here. Does this have to do with heartbreak from the end of an intimate relationship? A betrayal from a family member or work buddy or friend? What crime was committed against your person? Do you have evidence of this crime to report with? undecided

Nice one my fellow detective.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by historic: 3:03pm On Dec 25, 2022
Same thing I am battling with now... She was looking so meek and innocent with her beautiful smile until she started showing me her true self by telling too much lies.. telling me her escapades with men turning down my calls unnecessary and even insulting me when I tried to confront her on her attitude.. I gave her a dose of her own medicine by calling her names of what she was portraying... She decided to block me today!
Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Sleekfingers: 4:07pm On Dec 25, 2022
lalalista:

Will table that person matter to ESU LAGIRI OKO...... Within 7 days the person go see blue call am white
Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Fantazy(m): 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2022
lalalista:

What did the person do to you? From there I will tell if to shoot, roast, punch or poison the person to death
Re: What Do You Do When Someone Hurts You? by Exceed15: 5:49pm On Dec 25, 2022
The more resentful, revengeful and bittered you are the more sap and drain you emotionally, physically.. I know it hurts .. try let go and let God fight for you. U will be fine.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Generational Curses: Causes, Effects And Ways Out / TEN QUESTIONS That Christians Can Never Answer / Jesus Christ Is A Creation Of The Roman Empire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.