Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,908 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:16 AM

How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! (614 Views)

Emotional Intelligence Key To Business Success. / Pole Saw Attachment For Brushcutter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Zico777(m): 10:33am On Dec 23, 2022
Good morning great farmers in the house.
Compliments of the season to us all!

To the point, I keep backyard chickens, they are very attractive looking, healthy, big and juicy. Most times when people come to my place they always ask if they are for sale some will even tease me to dash them one.

The issue is i only see them as my pets. My madam always quarrel with me that I do i find it difficult to slaughter them.

I am planning to slaughter one tomorrow but my mind is not fully made up.

Pls is there a way I can remove this emotional attachment I have for them?

I have over 13 of them! These ones are the ones I could capture in the pix.

Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by IamAsiri: 12:25pm On Dec 23, 2022
Zico777:
Good morning great farmers in the house.
Compliments of the season to us all!

To the point, I keep backyard chickens, they are very attractive looking, healthy, big and juicy. Most times when people come to my place they always ask if they are for sale some will even tease me to dash them one.

The issue is i only see them as my pets. My madam always quarrel with me that I do i find it difficult to slaughter them.

I am planning to slaughter one tomorrow but my mind is not fully made up.

Pls is there a way I can remove this emotional attachment I have for them?

Take them to those who help people to kill without touching them yourself if the emotion is too much. Or better still, tell her to take 2 broilers to them to help you kill.
Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Zico777(m): 12:41pm On Dec 23, 2022
IamAsiri:

Take them to those who help people to kill without touching them yourself if the emotion is too much. Or better still, tell her to take 2 broilers to them to help you kill.
Yes that's what I do most times.
I buy chickens outside for home consumption.
The only thing I consume on a steady is their eggs.
Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by IamAsiri: 2:57pm On Dec 23, 2022
Zico777:

Yes that what I do most times.
I buy chickens outside for home consumption.
The only thing I consume on a steady is their eggs.

I mean you should take your chickens from your house to go and kill, not buy from outside. Chickens are now very expensive. Why buy when you have enough?
Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Zico777(m): 2:58pm On Dec 23, 2022
IamAsiri:

I mean you should take your chickens from your house to go and kill, not but from outside. Chickens are now very expensive. Why buy when you have enough?
Abi o
Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Maryam1234(f): 4:54pm On Dec 23, 2022
You're not alone on the issue of emotional attachment to your animals, it's common with people rearing Livestocks.Please send one to me I will help you kill it and send it back;no bad intentions wink

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Maryam1234(f): 4:55pm On Dec 23, 2022
IamAsiri:

I'm one of those people that help people to kill chicken FOC.Killing of chicken is my hobby,I thought you knew before now cry
Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by IamAsiri: 5:40pm On Dec 23, 2022
Maryam1234:

I'm one of those people that help people to kill chicken FOC.Killing of chicken is my hobby,I thought you knew before now cry

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by IamAsiri: 5:40pm On Dec 23, 2022
Maryam1234:
You're not alone on the issue of emotional attachment to your animals, it's common with people rearing Livestocks.Please send one to me I will help you kill it and send it back;no bad intentions wink

grin grin
Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Zico777(m): 4:08pm On Dec 24, 2022
Maryam1234:
grin
Funny babe!
Your location?
Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Zico777(m): 4:11pm On Dec 24, 2022
Had to forcefully slaughter one today o!

Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Jub101(m): 5:17pm On Dec 24, 2022
Zico777:
Shey na inside this one you see egg �
Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Zico777(m): 5:29pm On Dec 24, 2022
Jub101:

Shey na inside this one you see egg �
Yes Boss
Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Maryam1234(f): 7:43pm On Dec 24, 2022
Zico777:

grin
Funny babe!
Your location?
In the Moon
Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Maryam1234(f): 7:44pm On Dec 24, 2022
Zico777:
By Fire by Force grin

1 Like

Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Zico777(m): 4:36am On Dec 25, 2022
Maryam1234:

By Fire by Force grin
grin
No be lie!
Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Zico777(m): 4:37am On Dec 25, 2022
Maryam1234:

In the Moon
grin
Oh I see!
Would luv 2 visit sometime.
Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Kobojunkie: 2:56am On Jan 03, 2023
Zico777:
[b]The issue is i only see them as my pets. My madam always quarrel with me that I do i find it difficult to slaughter them.

I am planning to slaughter one tomorrow but my mind is not fully made up. Pls is there a way I can remove this emotional attachment I have for them?

How good did your pets taste? grin
Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Zico777(m): 3:00am On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
How good did your pets taste? grin
grin
Extremely tasty!
Infact I had to slaughter 2 more yesterday.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Kobojunkie: 3:01am On Jan 03, 2023
Zico777:

grin
Extremely tasty!
Infact I had to slaughter 2 more yesterday.
You even show them no mercy anymore! undecided

1 Like

Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Zico777(m): 3:07am On Jan 03, 2023
Kobojunkie:
You even show them mercy anymore! undecided
U mean I don't show them mercy anymore?
No, that's not the case.
The plan was to go get broilers from the market, so after a second thought I just felt it doesn't make sense wasting money and all.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by olab059(m): 7:35am On Jan 04, 2023
The White Chicken : "See am, e dey claim emotional, las las, he go still kill us o!"

The Brown Chicken : "Oh my, is he really going to kill us? Oh my, I don't want to believe that. Oh my, I'm scared."

The Black and yellow chicken : "Hmmm...I can also see it in his eyes, he is going to kill us eventually."

1 Like

Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Zico777(m): 9:46am On Jan 06, 2023
grin
Maryam1234:

Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Zico777(m): 9:47am On Jan 06, 2023
Maryam1234:

In the Moon
Funny u!
Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Zico777(m): 9:49am On Jan 06, 2023
olab059:
The White Chicken : "See am, e dey claim emotional, las las, he go still kill us o!"

The Brown Chicken : "Oh my, is he really going to kill us? Oh my, I don't want to believe that. Oh my, I'm scared."

The Black and yellow chicken : "Hmmm...I can also see it in his eyes, he is going to kill us eventually."
grin
But sincerely I have had some of them for about 4 years without touching them o!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by olab059(m): 6:39pm On Jan 06, 2023
Zico777:

grin
But sincerely I have had some of them for about 4 years without touching them o!

4 Years?? Wow! Those ones na Agbalagba chicken o. I don't think I have ever kept chicken for more than two years.
Re: How Can I Detach My Emotional Attachment??!!! by Zico777(m): 9:14pm On Jan 06, 2023
olab059:

4 Years?? Wow! Those ones na Agbalagba chicken o. I don't think I have ever kept chicken for more than two years.
True

(1) (Reply)

Solid Caucasian Shepherd Puppies For Sale In Oyo State / How To Perform Best Bean Processing Equipment Advantages / Where Do I Get Bulk White, Low Energy Consumption Bulb?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.