Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria (5361 Views)

I Was Defrauded By Canada-Based Nigerian, Not His Accomplice — Lawyer / How I Was Defrauded Of N3.2 Million And Almost Depressed / Osun Fuel Attendant Steals Sales Proceeds, Defrauded By Colleagues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 3:07pm On Dec 23, 2022
IF YOU LINKED YOUR CARD TO PALMPAY GO AND REMOVE IT NOW BECAUSE THEY ARE DEBITING CUSTOMERS OF THEIR MONEY.

On the 21st of December 2023, Palmpay app Nigeria defrauded me and some Nigerians of their hard earned money.
On the early hours of 7:45, I started receiving huge debit alerts from my bank and I was shocked because I didn't authorize any transactions. The transaction read POS/WEB Palmpay

I quickly searched for my ATM card and it was in my possession, so confused as I was had to rush and block my gtb card using their app.

After blocking my card I had to start tracing where the debit was coming from, opened my Palmpay app and saw that they were debiting my money for a certain “Phoenix Betting disbursement” which I've carried research on and there's no service like Phoenix Betting.

This problem started because I linked my card to Palmpay and the last time I used the app was September.

The customer care service have refused to provide where my money was moved to, they keep telling me to contact Phoenix browser.
What relationship does phoenix browser have to do with moving my money??

I've also reached out to Twitter community and I'm not the only person Palmpay has defrauded this Christmas season.

The huge amount removed from my account can't be traced as the transaction can't be opened to see the session id, transaction id, user id the money was moved to.

But the transaction I've done in the past like sportybet and 1xbet are all opening.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 3:09pm On Dec 23, 2022
You can see This transaction is opening, but the Phoenix Betting can't open.
Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Nukilia: 3:57pm On Dec 23, 2022
Trust Chinese applications at your own risk grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by eteebanky1: 4:52pm On Dec 23, 2022
Wow

Opay self, I no too trust them

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Kennyprince: 5:45pm On Dec 23, 2022
Oga, stop wasting the time and spoiling the name of palmpay app.

The truth of what happened here is that you created a sporty bet account where u used your ATM card to fund the account and subsequently saved it on the betting site.

When this is done, a good hacker can use that ATM to withdraw your money directly.

This has nothing to do with the bank since u have given permission for funds to leave your bank to the sportybet account.

This has been happening to people who don't understand the process. Now u have learnt your lessons

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 5:54pm On Dec 23, 2022
This is another scenario. They used the code name “phoenix airtime” to remove this Twitter user's money as well.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 6:02pm On Dec 23, 2022
Finally, I've checked my payment notification page on Palmpay and I can see that the defrauded amount they used “Phoenix betting ” to do doesn't appear there. What does this tell you? So someone that works with Palmpay and has higher technical authority is removing our money.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 6:03pm On Dec 23, 2022
Weezyclan:
Finally, I've checked my payment notification page on Palmpay and I can see that the defrauded amount they used “Phoenix betting ” to do doesn't appear there. What does this tell you? So someone that works with Palmpay and has higher technical authority is removing our money.

Note the one's you see on this screenshot was carried out by me.
Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by overdrive(m): 6:25pm On Dec 23, 2022
Most likely sportybet.
Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 7:32pm On Dec 23, 2022
overdrive:
Most likely sportybet.
Not sportybet. Don't know how they did it though.
Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 10:53am On Dec 24, 2022
This is another day to remind Nigerians to stop linking their card to palmpay or even Opay. They are the same people.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 8:31am On Dec 25, 2022
Merry Christmas and a prosperous new year Nairalanders.

This is another day to remind everyone how Palmpay stole my money meant to be for next session school fees. They have refused to provide the exact account the money was moved to.

Unlink your bank card if it'd still linked to Palmpay app.
Stay safe.
Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by eteebanky1: 3:57pm On Dec 25, 2022
I advice you to sue them, you gon win that case
Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 7:45am On Dec 26, 2022
Another day to fear Palmpay app. They have blocked me and those their staff defrauded on their telegram channel to avoid raising suspicion.

UNLINK YOUR BANK CARD FROM PALMPAY NOW.

Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 7:51am On Dec 26, 2022
eteebanky1:
I advice you to sue them, you gon win that case

I wish. In Nigeria the rich one gets favoured. embarassed
Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 9:55pm On Dec 28, 2022
fear palmpay embarassed embarassed
Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by gaby(m): 2:17am On Dec 29, 2022
See how they tested the microphone with #100 before bustling loose on your account.

Dem don carry you handicap.

Make una comot hand for betting.

You can't ever get rich from it, na vicious cycle.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 6:46am On Dec 29, 2022
Betting platforms on Palmpay (1)

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 6:47am On Dec 29, 2022
Betting platforms on Palmpay (2)

1 Like

Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 6:47am On Dec 29, 2022
So what the hell is phoenix betting sad sad

Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Prodadd(m): 7:32am On Dec 29, 2022
Weezyclan:
IF YOU LINKED YOUR CARD TO PALMPAY GO AND REMOVE IT NOW BECAUSE THEY ARE DEBITING CUSTOMERS OF THEIR MONEY.

On the 21st of December 2023, Palmpay app Nigeria defrauded me and some Nigerians of their hard earned money.
On the early hours of 7:45, I started receiving huge debit alerts from my bank and I was shocked because I didn't authorize any transactions. The transaction read POS/WEB Palmpay

I quickly searched for my ATM card and it was in my possession, so confused as I was had to rush and block my gtb card using their app.

After blocking my card I had to start tracing where the debit was coming from, opened my Palmpay app and saw that they were debiting my money for a certain “Phoenix Betting disbursement” which I've carried research on and there's no service like Phoenix Betting.

This problem started because I linked my card to Palmpay and the last time I used the app was September.

The customer care service have refused to provide where my money was moved to, they keep telling me to contact Phoenix browser.
What relationship does phoenix browser have to do with moving my money??

I've also reached out to Twitter community and I'm not the only person Palmpay has defrauded this Christmas season.

The huge amount removed from my account can't be traced as the transaction can't be opened to see the session id, transaction id, user id the money was moved to.

But the transaction I've done in the past like sportybet and 1xbet are all opening.

boss the fault is from sporty bet which your card was linked. I can as well see u are using your palmpay to fund your sporty account.
I don't think u can recover this funds.
Cause it was done in a way it will look difficult to trace
Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Haveyoueatentod: 9:13am On Dec 29, 2022
Lies lies lies before you're debited you have to type your password or OTP
Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 10:16am On Dec 29, 2022
Prodadd:
boss the fault is from sporty bet which your card was linked. I can as well see u are using your palmpay to fund your sporty account.
I don't think u can recover this funds.
Cause it was done in a way it will look difficult to trace

Well if it was sportybet, the money should be reflecting in my sportybet account or the person;s number showing at least on my palmpay dashboard. But here nothing to show how it was done.
Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 10:17am On Dec 29, 2022
Haveyoueatentod:
Lies lies lies before you're debited you have to type your password or OTP

well palmpay doesn't ask for otp. Thats the sad part.
Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Weezyclan(m): 1:09pm On Jan 11, 2023
UPDATE ON THIS MATTER

So I decided to check my Palmpay account today to check for something and I saw 50,000 naira was deposited into my Palmpay account. They even used their official access bank account to return the money.

This is the same Palmpay that said they don't know what happened to my money, so I'm still thinking of taking up this case legally as they haven't tendered a proper apology to me and thousands of customers affected by this incidence.

Lawyers in the house what do you think?

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by Chris2863(m): 1:31pm On Jan 11, 2023
Weezyclan:
UPDATE ON THIS MATTER

So I decided to check my Palmpay account today to check for something and I saw 50,000 naira was deposited into my Palmpay account. They even used their official access bank account to return the money.

This is the same Palmpay that said they don't know what happened to my money, so I'm still thinking of taking up this case legally as they haven't tendered a proper apology to me and thousands of customers affected by this incidence.

stop disturbing us here
Re: How I Was Defrauded By Palmpay App Nigeria by XAUBulls: 9:51pm On Jun 28, 2023
Weezyclan:
UPDATE ON THIS MATTER

An official report to the CBN would have been a faster and better option tbh.

(1) (Reply)

See What Thunder Did To A Lady's Car In Abuja (Photos) / Robbers Return To Lagos-badagry Road / Young Lady Dead And Boyfriend In Coma After Taking Overdose Of Sex Ehancin Drug

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.