Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,772 members, 7,817,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

My Journey Into Website Design (a Journal) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Journey Into Website Design (a Journal) (214 Views)

My Journey This Noon To A Rural Market. / My Journey This Morning To A Bush Market. / My Journey Into The Short Let Apartment Business In Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Journey Into Website Design (a Journal) by nairaflip: 4:08pm On Dec 24, 2022
Hello,

This is a short story about how I got into the world of website design using WordPress. I have always been a designer, from graphics and then to UI/UX design but then I wanted more. I wanted to do more so I decided to start coding. I learnt HTML, CSS and then jumped into javascript and that's where I got stuck. I've always known about WordPress but not deep enough until decided to jump in.

I was beginning to test the waters and then I got 2 clients, it was a disaster, a complete disaster. The major reason for the failure of those projects was that I lacked experience, from picking the right hosting plan to using the right theme and plugins.....it was a mess, but I will save that story for another day.

After those series of events, I decided to stop taking any more clients and I went neck deep into learning Worpress and Elementor. I got better with time and became good enough to start taking on new clients. Suddenly another project came along and I nailed it, job done. Another one came I nailed it, job done, currently working on one as I write this piece.

There's still a lot to learn and I try out new things every day, but nothing seems scary anymore when it comes to using WordPress to build websites.

The next stage for me is productizing my service and building a team. I couldn't have done this without God's grace.

To some, this is nothing because they are gurus in the WordPress development space, but to many it's gold. Value what you have and make the best use of it.

The moral of the story....nothing good comes easy, and nothing is impossible. You will go get it If you really want it.

Cheers
Samuel

Follow topic for more

(1) (Reply)

How I Am Able To Make 50k-100k Weekly Legitimately ,using My Smartphone At Home. / Customized Boxes Offers Flawless Benefits / How To Sell Cryptocurrency | Best Place To Sell Your Crypto And Other Funds 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.