Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,455 members, 7,816,050 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria (5356 Views)

Starlink Is Officially In Nigeria With Pricing In Naira / My SpaceX Starlink Internet Experience In Lagos, Nigeria / How Much Will Starlink Cost In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by myspace(m): 6:19pm On Dec 26, 2022
Here is a quick review of Starlink Nigeria after using service for one whole week.

Happy Viewing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7Ml7StKr_E

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by ibawon(m): 11:05pm On Dec 26, 2022
myspace:
Here is a quick review of Starlink Nigeria after using service for one whole week.

Happy Viewing.

Starlink is now here!
Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by iHateFraudsters: 7:53am On Dec 27, 2022
Oga, give a summary of the review here.

No be everything you go do only video.

If you do video, you do text too.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by Parachoko: 9:10am On Dec 27, 2022
I got tired of watching the boring video sad

2 Likes

Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by Kingdemu: 9:48am On Dec 27, 2022
Parachoko:
I got tired of watching the boring video sad
You no just get data to watch
Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by slimmax: 9:54am On Dec 27, 2022
Him no reason say peeps no get data

1 Like

Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by SirJerrie(m): 10:09am On Dec 27, 2022
Thanks for the update...
My younger bro also complained about the high rate at which his MTN 5G consumes data.

Getting a star Starlink is a good investment, considering the offers and service reliability of it's current competitors here in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by Parachoko: 10:42am On Dec 27, 2022
Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by rookidmart: 10:58am On Dec 27, 2022
SirJerrie:
Thanks for the update...
My younger bro also complained about the high rate at which his MTN 5G consumes data.

Getting a star Starlink is a good investment, considering the offers and service reliability of it's current competitors here in Nigeria.
5G consumes data faster because the speed is faster. That's to be expected

2 Likes

Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by Simplecity(m): 12:42pm On Dec 27, 2022
The fact you have a trifecta of spectranet , swift and mtn 5G just shows how horrible network in this country is sad ....i do hope starlinks will put an end to money wasting on mediocre internet service providers cry

10 Likes

Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by HeartlessMan: 3:21pm On Dec 27, 2022
myspace:

Happy Viewing.

Where did u get it?
Price?
Subscription rates?
Web link??
Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by emma2002(m): 3:31pm On Dec 27, 2022
myspace:

Happy Viewing.

The speed is quite impressive. However you do not need more than 3Mbp for streaming a HD content without buffering. I use FibreOne and for the past 2 months the service has been impressive. Monthly fee is about 12k and one off set up is about 45k.

3 Likes

Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by daxon001(m): 4:10pm On Dec 27, 2022
Hello. I have a 1 month old Samsung A04s 128gb 4gb
I want To swap with an IPhone XR or XS....any help?
Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by Kirkman: 4:40pm On Dec 27, 2022
Oga myspace, only you Swift NG, Spectranet and MTN 5G Routers. E be like say Nigerian ISP's don really frustrate you o!

2 Likes

Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by ibawon(m): 4:44pm On Dec 27, 2022
emma2002:

The speed is quite impressive. However you do not need more than 3Mbp for streaming a HD content without buffering. I use FibreOne and for the past 2 months the service has been impressive. Monthly fee is about 12k and one off set up is about 45k.

Well, you are actually part of the lucky few that has “fiber” in their location. I’m patiently waiting till I can just walk in to their office to get it. I hope by this time next year
Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by jom28gy(m): 5:20pm On Dec 27, 2022
Please, give the update here, not video, the company is located at Aba,I guess?
Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by Bossman(m): 8:23pm On Dec 27, 2022
Thanks for the review. $600 equipment/startup cost is still quite expensive for most Nigerians. Those are very good speeds though.

1 Like

Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by dustmalik: 1:49pm On Dec 28, 2022
ibawon:

Well, you are actually part of the lucky few that has “fiber” in their location. I’m patiently waiting till I can just walk in to their office to get it. I hope by this time next year
I am not sure there is anywhere in the world where you can walk into a store and purchase Starlink, not even in the US.
Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by ibawon(m): 2:20pm On Dec 28, 2022
dustmalik:

I am not sure there is anywhere in the world where you can walk into a store and purchase Starlink, not even in the US.
I stand corrected I believe it will get to a time where it will be much quicker to arrive.

2 Likes

Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by Bonzojoko: 11:45pm On Dec 29, 2022
emma2002:

what's your average internet speed?
Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by Bonzojoko: 12:05am On Dec 30, 2022
myspace:

Happy Viewing.

please do a 1 month review and if possible including playing online games in the next video. I hope you play online games on console, pc or phone at least. You can try apex legends mobile which shows internet latency/ping when playing(can be turned on in settings). About the frequent short starlink outages which isn't normal, have you checked the starlink mobile app for possible obstruction in the sky view of the starlink dish? It's possible the outages are caused by some form of obstruction in the sky view of the starlink dish(maybe trees or a nearby house). The starlink mobile app should be able to detect any obstructions

Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by samsard(m): 3:37pm On Jan 02, 2023
emma2002:

3MB/s is poor. Would probably need better speeds to stream 4k HDR Netflix content, plus have other people use the shared WiFi simultaneously.
Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by emma2002(m): 4:47pm On Jan 02, 2023
Bonzojoko:
what's your average internet speed?

Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by emma2002(m): 4:50pm On Jan 02, 2023
samsard:
3MB/s is poor. Would probably need better speeds to stream 4k HDR Netflix content, plus have other people use the shared WiFi simultaneously.

Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by emma2002(m): 5:04pm On Jan 02, 2023
my usage analytics

Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by samsard(m): 5:09pm On Jan 02, 2023
[quote author=emma2002 post=119641342][/quote] Interesting.
Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by Jeffy1206(m): 7:39am On Jan 04, 2023
samsard:
Interesting.
so in a day you're using more than or almost a terrabite? shocked
Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by samsard(m): 10:28am On Jan 04, 2023
Jeffy1206:
so in a day you're using more than or almost a terrabite? shocked
When I'm not a ritualist. grin I use about 150GB+ per month. I wish I had unlimited internet but I don't.
Re: My One Week Review Of Starlink Nigeria by Buhari666(m): 7:18am On Feb 03, 2023
My main issue now is the NAT Type. Many online games sessions like Elden Ring will not work on Nat Type 3. There's still no immediate solution for this on Starlink. Any suggestions?

(1) (Reply)

5 Things You Probably Never Knew Your Mobile Phone Could Do / Redmi Note 9s Unboxing And In-depth Review - Best Value For Money? (photos) / 50 Blackberry Phones For Sale. Pearl 8110,8120,8220,9100(new),9105,torch Etc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.