Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

I Need Help Using Notepad++ - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Help Using Notepad++ (668 Views)

Can I Design Website With My Phone Using Notepad? / Notepad Virus : Exile/destroy Pc Using Batch / How To Create A Text To Speech Software With Notepad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Help Using Notepad++ by yinkbell: 2:30pm On Dec 27, 2022
Hello Developers in the house.
I am aspiring to learning programming (Front End). I started with JavaScript first before delving into CSS/HTML.

I tried to download Studio Visual code to practice my JavaScript but I had issue downloading it so I went for note pad++

I encountered a problem when I intend to run a program I wrote down in my book.

The moment I click run button on the notepad++ editor, it brings out this alert message (I have attached the pictures below).

I didn't do the HTML DECLARATION before writing my JS code.

Developers in the house, am I missing something pls?

I have been learning via certain apps and YouTube videos.

This will be my first code written on my Laptop.

Re: I Need Help Using Notepad++ by Nobody: 3:14pm On Dec 27, 2022
Use sublime text or atom if VsCode can't run on your system

Works well with web dev

The problem with your notepad++ is the fact that you didn't save the file as HTML. It shows "new 1" instead of "new 1.html" so notepad doesn't know how to run it hence why it is asking you which program runs that file type

2 Likes

Re: I Need Help Using Notepad++ by etoluw: 5:38pm On Dec 27, 2022
you have to save it first. it must have .html then you can click on view and select the browser you want to usr
Re: I Need Help Using Notepad++ by yinkbell: 10:52pm On Dec 27, 2022
See
DrLevi:
Use sublime text or atom if VsCode can't run on your system

Works well with web dev

The problem with your notepad++ is the fact that you didn't save the file as HTML. It shows "new 1" instead of "new 1.html" so notepad doesn't know how to run it hence why it is asking you which program runs that file type

Thanks bro. God bless you.
I will try to save it using .HTML.
I will get back to you if I encounter any challenges. Moreover, can I send you a dm sir?
Re: I Need Help Using Notepad++ by yinkbell: 10:53pm On Dec 27, 2022
etoluw:
you have to save it first. it must have .html
then you can click on view and select the browser you want to usr

Thanks bro God bless you for the information.

I will try to save it using .html
Re: I Need Help Using Notepad++ by Vanzcharles(m): 4:52pm On Dec 29, 2022
yinkbell:
I am aspiring to learning programming (Front End). I started with JavaScript first before delving into CSS/HTML.

I tried to download Studio Visual code to practice my JavaScript but I had issue downloading it so I went for note pad++

The moment I click run button on the notepad++ editor, it brings out this alert message (I have attached the pictures below).

I started mine with HTML the CSS before going into scripting language.

1 Like

Re: I Need Help Using Notepad++ by yinkbell: 2:48am On Jan 01, 2023
Vanzcharles:

I started mine with HTML the CSS before going into scripting language.

Can I send you a PM sir?
I need u to guide me along the line.

I am doing self learning.
Re: I Need Help Using Notepad++ by semmyk(m): 9:27am On Jan 02, 2023
From non-developer, though some of us write when needed.
Wondering, in Notepad++, did you select HTML under Language menu before saving. Ought to save automatically as .html In any case, you can always save manually with Save as
For other options, see the community - https://community.notepad-plus-plus.org/topic/17347/running-an-html-in-notepad/9

Regarding VScode, try to run your code directly online in your browser - https://vscode.dev
In VScode web (online), load your file using ... Open File ... (Whether locally from ur computer or online Google drive, OneDrive...)
If you're working with more than one files, load from ... Open Folder ...
yinkbell:

(1) (Reply)

Please, Where Are These Gurus That Have Been Helpful In This Forum? / Programming Geeks! Please Help A Willing Learner. / Why You Should Mind Your Klout Scores

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.