Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,201 members, 7,860,307 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:14 AM

What Is A Good Mileage For A Used Car? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What Is A Good Mileage For A Used Car? (827 Views)

Accident Free 2004 Toyota Corolla Sport With Good Mileage / Audi A8 D2 With Only 41,438 Km Mileage For Sale / Neatly Used Toyota Corolla 2003 With Good Mileage @Awof price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is A Good Mileage For A Used Car? by autoremedy365: 5:20pm On Dec 27, 2022
When it comes to buying a used car, the most important question is “will this car last?” You want something that will last for as long as possible, and mileage plays a big role in determining that. However, not all cars are created equal; some models have a reputation for being more reliable than others. For example:

Short answer: any, as long as it’s been serviced and you know its history.

It’s a good idea to know what your mileage expectations are before you start shopping for a car. If you know that a vehicle with low mileage is important, then look for those cars first. If not, it’s okay to buy whatever the best deal is, and focus on other factors while you’re at it.

Some people will tell you that any used car with more than 100k miles is probably going to have issues soon. Others will say this isn’t true at all and that there are plenty of cars out there with high mileage that have been well cared for and will last another 100k miles easily. It all depends on the vehicle and its history, but remember: no matter what kind of car you buy or how much mileage it has on it…it needs to be serviced regularly!

Mileage is only one of many things that determine the condition of a car.

Mileage is only one of many things that determine the condition of a car. This means that mileage is not the only important factor when you’re shopping for a used car.

Other factors include how it was maintained, how well it was cared for, and its history.

There is no set rule for how much mileage is too much.

There is no set rule for how much mileage is too much. It depends on the year and make of the car, and how many miles were driven before you purchased it.

Many cars can go 200,000 miles and beyond.

A car’s mileage can vary quite a bit depending on how well it is maintained. If you’re purchasing a used car, you’ll want to look at the miles and be sure that they’re not excessive. But even if your car has higher than normal miles, it still may last for many years if properly taken care of.

If you are buying a used car, make sure that it has been regularly serviced and maintained by a professional mechanic. You should also have regular checkups performed by someone with experience working on cars like yours

Well-maintained and cared for cars can last longer than you might think.

You’ll want to buy a car that’s been well-maintained and cared for. While you may be able to get by with your car’s odometer reading as the only indicator of its condition, it’s always good to know how long the car has been on the road. The more miles a vehicle has racked up, the higher likelihood that something might go wrong with it in the future—and if your car is already at 150K miles, what are you buying?

If you’re buying an older used vehicle with fewer than 100k miles, then consider some of these factors:

What kind of shape is this car in? Is there any rust? Oil leaks? Deep scratches? If so, are they repairable or not worth repairing even if they were free?
How’s its overall performance (acceleration/braking) compared to other cars in this class and price range? Does it appear faster than normal or slower than expected (even if both numbers are within specs)? Is the transmission smooth or does it hesitate when shifting gears? Does engine vibration seem excessive for this type of engine size and power output?
How much maintenance has been performed on this particular model over time. Are there any records available from previous owners stating when things needed replaced such as spark plugs or belts/hoses etc., or do those items look like new replacements because no one bothered changing them regularly due to cost concerns ($2-3 per spark plug vs $300+ labor fees).
Read More: https://autoremedy365.com/what-is-a-good-mileage-for-a-used-car/
Re: What Is A Good Mileage For A Used Car? by Dracula123: 5:36pm On Dec 27, 2022
As a novice, i bought my car with 299,999 mileage. I've done minor repairs and its serving i think
Re: What Is A Good Mileage For A Used Car? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 5:43pm On Dec 27, 2022
Dracula123:
As a novice, i bought my car with 299,999 mileage. I've done minor repairs and its serving i think
I have delivered a 2004 sienna to client in uyo with 400k plus mileage and the lecturer is still using it uptill now though I send him engine oil & filter every 4 months.
Re: What Is A Good Mileage For A Used Car? by Dracula123: 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2022
oladipuposadeeq:
I have delivered a 2004 sienna to client in uyo with 400k plus mileage and the lecturer is still using it uptill now though I send him engine oil & filter every 4 months.
Really....my mileage doesn't increase anymore though
Re: What Is A Good Mileage For A Used Car? by oladipuposadeeq(m): 7:04pm On Dec 27, 2022
Dracula123:

Really....my mileage doesn't increase anymore though
normally it ought not to exceed 299k miles for a Toyota but in this case I don't know why the sienna is like that. The present owner has been using it for 4 years now and no issue.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

S-O-L-D-Clean Title 2011 Toyota Highlander Limited Black Color *** 038608 / Tok 2022 Hyundai Tucson / Belgium Standard 2008 Toyota Rav4 (kaduna) SOLD!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.