Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,459 members, 7,861,327 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:52 AM

The 40 Most Influential Celebrities In Africa: Nominate Now - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The 40 Most Influential Celebrities In Africa: Nominate Now (2643 Views)

List Of Nigerian Celebrities In Illuminati? / 40 Most Influential African Celebrities - Forbes / 40 Most Influential African Celebrities - Forbes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 40 Most Influential Celebrities In Africa: Nominate Now by aloyemeka2: 12:26am On Sep 02, 2011
[size=14pt]The 40 Most Influential Celebrities In Africa: Nominate Now[/size]

In September, I will publish a definitive list of the 40 most influential celebrities in contemporary Africa. The list will include actors, musicians, producers, authors, models, TV personalities, athletes and comedians by measuring their media visibility (exposure in print, television, radio and online), social media power, number of web references on Google, TV/Radio mentions –all intended to measure these people’s influence on contemporary African pop culture.

[img]http://2.bp..com/-SNMbplduqKA/Tl_2e3FvObI/AAAAAAAAGwE/oGCbvGtoDR8/s400/325302730.jpg[/img]

But I’m asking for your help with nominations.

In your opinion, who are the most popular and influential people in Africa’s entertainment landscape? Who are the celebrities whose talents, actions and ideas excite, inspire, and uplift you the most?

Vote for your favorite stars by sending me your nominations. The nominations will be sifted, and the celebrities with the highest votes will be the focus of a rigorous research process, from where we’ll come up with an authoritative list.

Vote for your favorite stars by sending me your nominations on Twitter @EmperorDIV, via email on mnsehe (at) forbes.com, or by commenting below on or before the 20th of September.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2011/09/01/the-40-most-influential-celebrities-in-africa-nominate-now/
Re: The 40 Most Influential Celebrities In Africa: Nominate Now by ragdollz: 1:33am On Sep 02, 2011
Sorry, first you have to tell us your[size=38pt] definition [/size]of INFLUENTIAL. Do you mean, most famous, most liked, most popular, most recognizable, or what?? Cos to be influential me thinks you must be able to do great things for those around you. The way celebrities in America like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and Oprah have been able to influence and give to the world. And sorry I can't really say any Nigerian "celeb" has done much of that. I stand to be corrected though.
Re: The 40 Most Influential Celebrities In Africa: Nominate Now by aloyemeka2: 1:48am On Sep 02, 2011
ragdollz:

Sorry, first you have to tell us your[size=38pt] definition [/size]of INFLUENTIAL. Do you mean, most famous, most liked, most popular, most recognizable, or what?? Cos to be influential me thinks you must be able to do great things for those around you. The way celebrities in America like Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie and Oprah have been able to influence and give to the world. And sorry I can't really say any Nigerian "celeb" has done much of that. I stand to be corrected though.

Kanu Nwankwo?
Re: The 40 Most Influential Celebrities In Africa: Nominate Now by ragdollz: 2:09am On Sep 02, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Kanu Nwankwo?

OK is he a celeb celeb?? Cos I think he doesn't fit the term at all (celebrity). Anyway just my OP.
Re: The 40 Most Influential Celebrities In Africa: Nominate Now by aloyemeka2: 2:55am On Sep 02, 2011
ragdollz:

OK is he a celeb celeb?? Cos I think he doesn't fit the term at all (celebrity). Anyway just my OP.
If Kanu is not a celeb, what is he?
Re: The 40 Most Influential Celebrities In Africa: Nominate Now by ragdollz: 3:10am On Sep 02, 2011
He's a sports personality wink wink wink

Genevieve is a "celeb"

Even Mercy Johnson is one too grin grin grin.

Celebs are usually folks in the "entertainment" business. Music, movies, yes even sports but I wouldn't call Kanu Nwankwo a bona fide celeb, naawwww grin grin grin
Re: The 40 Most Influential Celebrities In Africa: Nominate Now by babyboy3(m): 7:10am On Sep 02, 2011
Nwankwo Kanu his heart foundation

Didier Drogba built a hospital in Ivory Coast and his part played to stop the Civil war

Charlize Theron - fighting for women right in south africa and trying to education and recreational resources to remote areas where HIV/AIDS rates are unacceptably high.

Dikembe Matumbo - how built a $30m hospital in Rep of Congo

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Oprah, Bono, George Clooney, Iman Bowe, Bill Clinton, Bill Gates, Madonna, Coldplay, John Travolta, J.K. Rowling, Donald Trump, Pamela Anderson, Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliott,

I could name so many celeb who did more amazing,
Re: The 40 Most Influential Celebrities In Africa: Nominate Now by aloyemeka2: 10:57am On Sep 02, 2011
baby-boy:

Nwankwo Kanu his heart foundation

Didier Drogba built a hospital in Ivory Coast and his part played to stop the Civil war

Charlize Theron - fighting for women right in south africa and trying to education and recreational resources to remote areas where HIV/AIDS rates are unacceptably high.

Dikembe Matumbo - how built a $30m hospital in Rep of Congo

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Oprah, Bono, George Clooney, Iman Bowe, Bill Clinton, Bill Gates, Madonna, Coldplay, John Travolta, J.K. Rowling, Donald Trump, Pamela Anderson, Christina Aguilera, Missy Elliott,

I could name so many celeb who did more amazing,

You are right but I think they are looking for celebrities of African origin.
Re: The 40 Most Influential Celebrities In Africa: Nominate Now by Nobody: 2:27pm On Sep 02, 2011
Re: The 40 Most Influential Celebrities In Africa: Nominate Now by aloyemeka2: 3:23am On Sep 03, 2011
Who is Toba abeg?
Re: The 40 Most Influential Celebrities In Africa: Nominate Now by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 03, 2011
aloy-emeka:

Who is Toba abeg?
then u need to be patient to find out the true personality behind the handle. forget nl personality cos its so fake. lets go to the other thread
Re: The 40 Most Influential Celebrities In Africa: Nominate Now by Nobody: 9:22pm On Sep 03, 2011
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Ebube Nwagbo Addresses Her Relationship Status And Talks Marriage / Woman Caught On Camera Riding On A Bike Nakked / Another Caitlyn Jenner, As Nigerian Man Transits Into A Full-blown Woman (photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.