Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,128 members, 7,811,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) (16577 Views)

2019 Abuja All White Pool Party Records Massive Turnout With Exciting Attraction / Photos From Lagos Boat Regatta / [photos]annual Ogbaru Boat Regatta Festival (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by actionnigga: 8:58pm On Dec 27, 2022
Etteh, Udobia, Ors Cart Home Outstanding Awards

One of the most anticipated boat regatta in the south-south part of Nigeria, the Upenekang boat regatta festival came to a fruitful end amidst joy, pomp, excitement by avid followers, tourists and lovers of the festival.

The much talked-about event which took place at the Upenekang water front on Monday, 26th of December, saw fierce competition from age group, men, women, representatives of the PDP flagbearer for Eket Federal Constituency, Rt Hon. Okpolupm Etteh as well as representatives of PDP candidate for Esit Eket/Ibeno State Constituency, Engr Udobia Udo

The competition, a yearly event, had thousands of supporters and fun lovers thronged to the water front to watch first hand the most entertaining boat paddling in the southern part of the country.

The event saw the defending champion, Nka Achinedi defended its title by taking home the coveted gold medal, Amana Nka Nnini won the second position while Nka Ofumipenke Itia were the bronze medalist with its third place finish.

In the female category, Team Ekaette Etteh defeated team Jane Udobia for the top prize while Team Udobia Friday defeated Team Okpolupm Etteh in a select male category.

Speaking shortly after the event, the elated PDP candidate for Eket Federal Constituency, Rt Hon. Okpolupm Etteh thanked the organizers for a well planned event, assuring that future festivals will be better and more colourful. He tasked participants to always play according to the rules of the game.

On his part, the PDP flagbearer for Esit Eket/Ibeno State Constituency, Engr Udobia Friday said that he was impressed by the mammoth crowd who came all out to participate in the exercise as well as supporters for turning out.
Udobia assured supporters of the festival that Esit Eket will have an active and participating team in the festival come 2023.

Highpoints of the event was the singing of Ulok Ulok anthem, display of some cultural dance, exhibition by masquerades and the presentation of awards of recognition and excellence to Rt Hon. Okpolupm Etteh, Engr Udobia Friday, Engr Michael Abakam , and to the Chairman of Council, Ibeno LGA, High Chief Williams Henry.

Other recipients of the award include, the Village Head, Obong Elder J.T. Eshiet, leader, Ibeno legislative council, Hon. Ekemini Abang Okon, Mr Odiongito Mfonobong, Mr Asukpa Ulaeto and Sir Akan Okon Eshiet.

https://noisemakerng.ng/2022/12/27/ibeno-community-upenekang-host-another-exciting-boat-regatta-festival/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by Ebi2233: 9:55pm On Dec 27, 2022
Proudly Obolo Ijaw.

22 Likes

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by Spaxon(f): 5:45am On Dec 28, 2022
Oh Uyai Akwaibom N'nyin.

Nditor Akwaibom Merry Christmas o....

Aferè Afang ye Afia Eferè anwud idia ooo. grin cheesy.

Merry Christmas Nairalanders.
May you find Happiness and Joy in your homes

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by StephenBB(m): 5:46am On Dec 28, 2022
Una good morning o!

3 Likes

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by Administration1: 5:47am On Dec 28, 2022
Ibeno is blessed. If harnessed properly, it could compete with Zanzibar.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by sam564: 5:48am On Dec 28, 2022
Wat a class of glory!
Very soon it will be aircraft carnival, when planes, jets and all kind of aircraft not excluding witchcraft will come together to exhibit a tremendous class of flying just to win a gold medal and for the sake of catching fun also.... I wait till then because my strent lies in flying.
Happy newyear in advance.

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by kollinz1234(m): 5:49am On Dec 28, 2022
I didn't read the news but I know that Tinubu cannot win the presidential election. tongue

28 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by Imortal001: 5:52am On Dec 28, 2022
Great �
Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by Nyanabo(m): 5:52am On Dec 28, 2022
Nice, my grand father always participated in boats regatta in his life time in Rivers state. We still have his boats and paddles, which has his name inscribed on it.

It's so much fun to see colorfully designed boats all paddling away fiercely in a friendly competition.

8 Likes

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by aikyg(m): 5:52am On Dec 28, 2022
Wow! Beautiful exhibition.
Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by VinnyBaba: 5:54am On Dec 28, 2022
In the Write up, they did NOT indicate which State the community is located??.. undecided

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by Virtouosme: 5:54am On Dec 28, 2022
Yet no one from there represents Nigeria during Olympic in swimming....but who do I blame self?

2 Likes

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by kerry57: 5:55am On Dec 28, 2022
Good for tourism

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by Yampotatocarrot(m): 5:58am On Dec 28, 2022
Lol, the festival was contested by age groups, men, women, representatives of the PDP flagbearer...

As in, they were not part of the men, women and age groups? They came under the umbrella of "representatives of PDP..."?

I know you wanted to advertise the party, but next time, rearrange the write-up well, and include more pictures to show the colourfulness of the boat regatta festival
Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by money121(m): 5:59am On Dec 28, 2022
Make sense
Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by valETA1(m): 6:03am On Dec 28, 2022
VinnyBaba:

In the Write up, they did NOT indicate which State the community is located??.. undecided

Ibeno is in Akwa Ibom State, it's houses arguably the Largest beach down South

3 Likes

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by Paracetamol01: 6:05am On Dec 28, 2022
Spaxon:
Oh Uyai Akwaibom N'nyin.

,aneke nem ?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by Paracetamol01: 6:07am On Dec 28, 2022
Spaxon:
Oh Uyai Akwaibom N'nyin.

yak Abasi udiong

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by CutSoap(m): 6:07am On Dec 28, 2022
Spaxon:
Oh Uyai Akwaibom N'nyin.
Merry Christmas Nairalanders. May you find Happiness and Joy in your homes
Sosongo! Abasi odiong fi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by CutSoap(m): 6:10am On Dec 28, 2022
kollinz1234:
I didn't read the news but I know that Tinubu cannot win the presidential election. tongue
Funny asshole
Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by CutSoap(m): 6:12am On Dec 28, 2022
VinnyBaba:

Ibeno is in Akwa Ibom State

2 Likes

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by FashionCookie(f): 6:22am On Dec 28, 2022
Akwa-Ibom Isogon! smiley
Ayaya o kiss

9 Likes

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by kollinz1234(m): 6:24am On Dec 28, 2022
CutSoap:
Funny asshole
Borring pussyy hole
Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by Humble432: 6:26am On Dec 28, 2022
I did my NYSC in Ibeno, upenekang precisely. It's a nice place to be, the people are hospitable too.

My neighbors back then always bring fish for me and my colleagues. We are still friends. I will visit there again whenever things get better.

Akwa ibom ayaya.

11 Likes

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by Onyiiobi7735(m): 6:35am On Dec 28, 2022
Proudly Ibibio culture.

5 Likes

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by englishmart(m): 6:43am On Dec 28, 2022
You guys should not come and come and come and go and die for nothing o. No safety jacket, nothing. Okay na.

2 Likes

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by emperordelis(m): 6:49am On Dec 28, 2022
Spaxon:
Oh Uyai Akwaibom N'nyin.

IMA mesiere

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by castrokins(m): 6:51am On Dec 28, 2022
Abadie? Amesiere!

Spaxon:
Oh Uyai Akwaibom N'nyin.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by OKUCHI11(m): 7:06am On Dec 28, 2022
At least this is not a bad news...

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by ManishSmith(m): 7:06am On Dec 28, 2022
I hope to visit Ibeno soon...... it is pronounced as ibuno.... lol

1 Like

Re: Ibeno Community, Upenekang Host Exciting Boat Regatta Festival (Pictures) by wiseone28: 7:07am On Dec 28, 2022
Humble432:
I did my NYSC in Ibeno, upenekang precisely. It's a nice place to be, the people are hospitable too.

My neighbors back then always bring fish for me and my colleagues. We are still friends. I will visit there again whenever things get better.

Akwa ibom ayaya.
Tomorrow if one scallywag commit a crime and it grace front page una all go point finger at the whole tribe..

Tomorrow again if there's a good news about Akwa ibom on front page una go recall ya nice experience and talk good about the people..

What do Nigerians want?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nairaland Party! / 5 Life-changing Things To Do This September / Happy Birthday Seun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.