Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,929 members, 7,835,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:14 AM

My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia (57776 Views)

My Trip To Marrakech-morocco / My Trip To Calabar and Akwa Ibom From Lagos / My Trip To Kainji Lake National Park And Kainji Dam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by higgs: 8:29pm On Dec 28, 2022
This write up is quite misleading. Op is either naive or has some other motives. Racism is alive and well in Russia .

8 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by zedegit: 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
ifihearam:
How long have you been there so far?

Please talk on their girls..hiw far you don yanch?

So this is all you think about? People are making exploits and adding value but you, you can't think beyond yansh.

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by dettolgel: 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm:
Let me leave you with these pictures of myself, my classmates with our language lecturer and me with my friends here in Yakutsk. grin grin
Despite being a federal university, we are only about 15 in a class. And they don't attempt to burden us with lectures. Itx the same way when you are teaching Russian kids. If a kid does not want to learn, it's fine. You don't have to force them.
Thanks for reading.

How do you know for sure that Putin does not hunt down his enemies? grin

Oga type and say things that you can easily verified.

Even in Nigeria unless you are a Nigerian and truly understand grassroot politics you won't believe that government are hunting down opposition.

Even in West government in power are always giving it 'wotoriously' to the opposition, let alone in a country like Russia were Putin is almost a president for life. grin

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Kreddy: 8:31pm On Dec 28, 2022
womenareapezz:
comfirm grin grin

This guy is a visa agent grin
Lol. This guy is ready to harvest gullible Nigerians to scam them grin

Russian hate blacks with passion and be warn! They see black as black America just as how they hate America they won't hesitate to harm ya undecided

Yeah I think he's a scam. I started thinking when he dropped his number so cheaply... We're not even demanding your number but you've dropped it already

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by saxywale2: 8:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
zedegit:

So this is all you think about? People are making exploits and adding value but you, you can't think beyond yansh.

LOL
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 28, 2022
Shoodboi:

I kept reading page after page because I knew you'll show up and you didn’t disappoint. Any positive news about Russia startles you since it doesn’t fit your propaganda about Russia being a poor backward nation.

This is someone giving you a firsthand report and your response is to dig up negative news about Russia — because a report about Russia written by people working at a tabloid in the UK is truer than a firsthand report from someone currently in Russia. Just look at a classroom in a remote area of Russia. Kind of makes me wonder what the ones in Moscow looks like.
Don't mind those Russian hating goons, America and the UK are coercing them into hating Russia. They cannot even tell you why they hate Russia.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by saxywale2: 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2022
womenareapezz:
comfirm grin grin

This guy is a visa agent grin
Lol. This guy is ready to harvest gullible Nigerians to scam them grin

Russian hate blacks with passion and be warn! They see black as black America just as how they hate America they won't hesitate to harm ya undecided

Kreddy:

Yeah I think he's a scam. I started thinking when he dropped his number do cheaply... We've not even demanding your number but you'vr dropped it already
Yeah. That was a red flag.

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Dshocker(m): 8:36pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm:

You have to buy dollars from Nigeria and bring it here. But let me shock you. Banks in this city, Yakutsk recognizes the Naira. They can change your naira directly to Rubles.

Really?

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by olaolaking: 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2022
Spanishmilf:
undecided No offense Op
It seems you just traveled to russia and you already conclude there is no racism in the country.
Not doubting you tho but but
You are correct bro. Can you see the way he hypes the airline? Because he had not tried other airlines.

Putin had been banning different religions since about 5 years ago and he still hypes Putin

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by saxywale2: 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
dettolgel:

How do you know for sure that Putin does not hunt down his enemies? grin

Oga type and say things that you can easily verified.

Even in Nigeria unless you are a Nigerian and truly understand grassroot politics you won't believe that government are hunting down opposition.

Even in West government in poor are always giving it 'wotoriously' to the opposition, let alone in a country like Russia were Putin is almost a president for life. grin

Just yesterday, another Oligarch fell and died. grin

https://www.nairaland.com/7499045/russian-sausage-tycoon-pavel-antov#119478772

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Dshocker(m): 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm:

You have to buy dollars from Nigeria and bring it here. But let me shock you. Banks in this city, Yakutsk recognizes the Naira. They can change your naira directly to Rubles.

Are you sure about this?
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Panda7(m): 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2022
seems russians are more friendly than many of the europeans countries and have many presence in most african countries, they look more asians too.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Jomonix: 8:47pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm:
I travelled through different Russian cities. To be honest Racism is everywhere. I am certain it is here too but it must be so low and negligible that I have not experienced it.
Take a look at how we bash each other on Nairaland. Tribalism is also a form of racism.

So easy to read your story. Thanks for sharing your experience

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Spanishmilf(m): 8:48pm On Dec 28, 2022
Why is Op hyping putin
Better read more about russian democracy
Nice thread but please disembark from that capping

3 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by 9gerian: 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2022
Have you lived in Russia? If yes kindly share your experience.

higgs:
This write up is quite misleading. Op is either naive or has some other motives. Racism is alive and well in Russia .
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Benblaq(m): 8:51pm On Dec 28, 2022
This thread is wow! Man, you're blessed. I have learned a lot from this post.

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Spanishmilf(m): 8:51pm On Dec 28, 2022
AfonjaPriest:
Russia is a country many people have not been to, yet demonized because of the prejudiced views of the West, fed to them.
I have met Russians in Nigeria and they are very friendly.
I know Nigerians that have been to Russia. I am even in contact with one who has been living there for over 30 years, married to a Russian woman, and with children. Once in a while, he comes to Nigeria, and then he goes back.
Very interesting, I must say of the Russian people and the country, Russia.
God bless Russia. Isé é!

una dey always “know”
I know this i know that
My friend this my friend that
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Spanishmilf(m): 8:54pm On Dec 28, 2022
On paper, Russia is a federal democratic state. In practice, manny regard it as a dictatorship built around one man
Putin has been in power since 2000
That should says alot about the man you hype

6 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by koolaid87: 8:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
I must commend your writing skills. It was meticulously articulated.

Is vodka expensive there? That's the best way to ease off the cold.

BTW, respect to the soldier who paid for your chow
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by AfonjaPriest: 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
Spanishmilf:
una dey always “know”
I know this i know that
My friend this my friend that
I don't expect you to believe me.
I have stated my case. It is what I know I said.
I have so much to say about what I know about Russia; not what people told me.
If you want to know, go and look for other people who think they know.
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by fastseo: 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm:
Please let me also add that Russian student Visa is not equivalent to a work Visa. You can only work for limited hours per week. However it turned out the university is cheap (Federal University) and if you can speak and teach English, employers will be willing to pay you well)
MAY GOD BLESS NIGERIA TOO AND MAKE US A GREAT NATION
If you ask me to summarize Russia in one phrase. I'd say
LOVING COUNTRY

Any possibility of staying back after school and also what is their hourly wage rate?
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Sweetvie: 8:57pm On Dec 28, 2022
womenareapezz:
I'm not the one who say Russia is better!
I schooled in Russia and live in Russia for 3yrs after schooled before I left that country.

Russia are more racist than you think and they Mob blacks alot. I don't know the country op is thanking about that he say they have zero racism to black undecided

I really don't know the country op is talking about
Hmmm... I stay in Russia for abt 2 months compare to you that spend years i can't say anything but the 2 months i spend in Moscow, saint Petersburg and Novosibirsk was amazing. I can't say there's no racism but it not as bad as you stated. They're friendly and the girls are beautiful grin I think racism is common among the old people. I still visited 3 months ago. Well, racism is normal thing as long as you're black

4 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by JOemmy(m): 9:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
They look like asians
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by spiritedtete: 9:05pm On Dec 28, 2022
Op just calm down ooo spend 4 years first. All these your write up. Na initial gra gra o. However Russians are not bad people at all.

1 Like

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by adamusuleiman3: 9:08pm On Dec 28, 2022
Sweetvie:
Hmmm... I stay in Russia for abt 2 months compare to you that spend years i can't say anything but the 2 months i spend in Moscow, saint Petersburg and Novosibirsk was amazing. I can't say there's no racism but it not as bad as you stated. They're friendly and the girls are beautiful grin I think racism is common among the old people. I still visited 3 months ago. Well, racism is normal thing as long as you're black

Racism is everywhere and 2months is quite short.. Interesting, if OP is real and not one of those visa agents, he might not witness as much racism from the Chinese looking Russians as they themselves are victims of racism from the majority Slavs.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Spanishmilf(m): 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2022
Sweetvie:
you stayed in russia for 2 month and you are doubting someone who stayed there for 3 years

Mehn the internet is crazy ngl

5 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by observanc1: 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
higgs:
it's excitement, forgive him. Imagine someone living in ilorin, entering plane for the first time. When he was praising overland Airways, I laughed. Propeller overland of all planes in Nigeria.
I wish him him the very best.
That guy has no plan of coming back to Nigeria, that's why he didnt buy return ticket.

2 Likes

Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Horokrox: 9:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
viodemus:
This one wey I just dey come back nl, na this post cun greet me.

Good for you chairman.

To each his own, they are demonic for all I care. Back in the days - during slavery, russia had black slaves and black free people there, did they tell you what happened to them like the rest of the blacks in eastern and even some western europe, - well, they killed all of them.

In terms of economic success, Russia is thrash. E better say I dey under ojuelegba bridge dey plan my future, than to dey Russia dey do am. They are also very racist. Dem dey price you for your back you no even know, dem dey gauge which concentration camp dem go post you go when dem decide.

Of course, you are one in town, so dem dey use you do propaganda for now. Just chop your money clean mouth. Make sure say you dey send am go Naija as e dey reach you, because at any point dem fit seize am, unto say pussie(putin) wake up anyday feel really bad or him see im period. No be America, wey your lawyer or you fit fight and win the case from their mistake or evil intentions.

Russia is a big for nothing country. Also be careful not to be drafted to Ukraine, the weapons wey dem dey use play, na one way ticket toys, dem dey hardly miss, and na still light offensive and defensive systems, as am talking to you now, some high level systems with some restrictions dun dey enter Ukraine, any occupying Russian or their mercenaries go hear wynn. No be child's play.

Good luck on your safety and survival.
You must be a brain DEAD IDIOT
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Sweetvie: 9:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
Spanishmilf:
you stayed in russia for 2 month and you are doubting someone who stayed there for 3 years

Mehn the internet is crazy ngl
Lol... Crazy
I never doubted him... I was just sharing my own first hand experience smiley
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by Chee59(f): 9:17pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm:
Below is Domodedovo airport in Moscow, my University and a picture of Yakutsk. The city where I am studying.
Kai Kai kai
This is lovely!
Re: My Trip To Russia & Teaching Experience In Russia by adamusuleiman3: 9:18pm On Dec 28, 2022
mushroomFarm:
Oh I almost forgot. This is a picture of my flight ticket I talked about. About 268k it doesn't seem clear. .but u can still see the total of u zoom out.
I have to also say that despite the farther distance between Moscow and Yakutsk. Air fares are so cheap in Russia that it cost me far less to get to Yakutsk from Moscow compared to what it cost me to get to Moscow from Lagos.
Airport taxes and landing fees makes international flights more expensive - significant cost. Distance is just one factor out of many.

E.g. flying from Riyadh to Jeddah both in Saudi (10 hours drive in between) is almost half the price of flying to Bahrain or Kuwait (4-5 hours drive) from Riyadh.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

3,000-year-old ‘lost Golden City’ Of Ancient Egypt Discovered (photos) / Visit To The Sacred Snake Temple In Benin Republic / "Ambode Fix Ekins-Okejra Addo Road – Ajah" Pasted On A Keke Napep In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.