Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,821 members, 7,831,677 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. (21746 Views)

Dangers Of GB Whatsapp And Why You Should Completely Stop Using It / Nigerian Man Recounts How A Strangers Rudely Ask For His Charger While Using It. / MTN Monthly Data Is Fake! Stop Using It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by doggedfighter(f): 10:32pm On Dec 28, 2022
Exclusivewriite:

Can't tell yet.. Cloud or something..

I still think I am going crazy

How often do you go crazy? grin grin
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by Lekwandoskii(m): 10:33pm On Dec 28, 2022
Get paid for sharing articles on Facebook. Don't just spend money running through Facebook, instead spend and earn whilst using the site...Follow the link below & start earning today �

https://buzz24.me/this-app-pays-you-to-share-articles-on-facebook?mbn=u07c8abb3e

Pls don't forget to share this link with your friends. Thanx �
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by Admols(m): 10:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
Cosmatikka:

Oh, so you know Tinubu as a gibberish drug trafficker? Wow. So much stupidity from a Nigerian electorate

Your foolishness is hereditary, so it will be difficult for you to abandon it.
Check the history of your family to date, none have ever been successful as that man.

If you truly hate him, pray to God that you don't want his type in your own descendants.

Type the prayer now.

1 Like

Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by ZombieSlayer1: 10:58pm On Dec 28, 2022
Exclusivewriite:

I am working on how to store your unused data somewhere... Like a discentralized stuff..

I think I am Going crazy
I hope you know she means subscription, and not necessarily data as in information.
As regards what you have in mind, check out Interplanetary File System
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by ZombieSlayer1: 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2022
atilla:

I was actually thinking of this a while ago. How someone can keep their data until they axtually need it
Only the mobile network providers can do this. Subscription plans are totally different from this idea you have.
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by Exclusivewriite: 11:13pm On Dec 28, 2022
ZombieSlayer1:

I hope you know she means subscription, and not necessarily data as in information.
As regards what you have in mind, check out Interplanetary File System

Alright boss
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by amakanancy(f): 11:52pm On Dec 28, 2022
Jozilinn:
Please this has continued for long now each time I load, social bundle on my glo sim for one month, the next day It gets finished,and I hardly open my glo data, please how do I reset or reach them, thank you.

Many things to look at

1. Your phone/apps most likely on automatic updates
2. Auto download of media files on your whatsapp contacts and groups as well as other social media apps
3. Check you mobile data apps settings. Go to your data usage and you would see what has been eating up your data.
4. Your hotspot is on and someone is using your data
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by ablejesus26(m): 11:56pm On Dec 28, 2022
I don't believe this is on Fp undecided
Nah there has to be something wrong somewhere undecided

Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by toprealman: 1:15am On Dec 29, 2022
Jozilinn:
Please this has continued for long now each time I load, social bundle on my glo sim for one month, the next day It gets finished,and I hardly open my glo data, please how do I reset or reach them, thank you.
Check apps running in background and change your settings. Put a password to your hotspot.....
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by mu2sa2: 5:23am On Dec 29, 2022
makavalley:

Listen to this guy
Exactly. Op blame Glo not, even as satan has no hand in thy matter. It could be that homo sapiens, near or far, benefit a thing from thyself which remains unknown to thy goodself. Therefore, in all things, activate thy medulla oblangata.

1 Like

Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by Johel(m): 6:01am On Dec 29, 2022
Jozilinn:

Background apps...go to settings "data usage", turn off for irrelevant apps, keep data on for few system apps and apps you use most, but turn off data for unused apps or irrelevant apps that's just occupying space on your phone...All that you will fine under phone settings...I hope u get.
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by johnnychuks(m): 6:48am On Dec 29, 2022
Bros same thing happened from all the network providers! this guys are scarmers, the more you look the less you see, what ever DATA they gave to you is not always up to that, but you will see it written on the creen of your phone that you have porchas so so data, Nigeria is a home of criminals in every aspect of the their life be you rich of poor, it's only few people that have the mind of Yahweh at Hart.

1 Like

Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by makavalley(m): 6:53am On Dec 29, 2022
mu2sa2:
Exactly. Op blame Glo not, even as satan has no hand in thy matter. It could be that homo sapiens, near or far, benefit a thing from thyself which remains unknown to thy goodself. Therefore, in all things, activate thy medulla oblangata.

You're right even some humans are more evil than satan
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by MrPRevailer(m): 7:07am On Dec 29, 2022
Creamypie:
another cell number is sharing it. Dial *127*00# you go see the crook number. It was added when u carelessly gave d idiot your cell phone

Pls what's the code for mtn?
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by jojothaiv(m): 7:30am On Dec 29, 2022
Exclusivewriite:

I am working on how to store your unused data somewhere... Like a discentralized stuff..

I think I am Going crazy
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by danhans(m): 7:30am On Dec 29, 2022
Jozilinn:
Not only glo all the telecom companies
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by riddo2(m): 9:08am On Dec 29, 2022
Jozilinn:

Two things are involved
1. Dial *127*00#, you will know those glo number you share your data with. To remove them, dial *127*02*friendnumber#

2. Go to your phone settings, search for data usage on search box on top. Click on each app. Switch off (restrict) background data usage on each app. Then it's done.

1 Like

Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by Jozilinn: 9:47am On Dec 29, 2022
Jozilinn:
Thanks to everyone that commented on this thread,I am sure a lot of nairalanders learnt from it, God bless you all.
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by timocruzcmbb(m): 9:55am On Dec 29, 2022
it has happen to me before,there is one boy that has been sharing my data,even if my phone off he can still use it,not until i is in call customer care to make complain,someone might be sharing your data even if your phone is off they will use it

1 Like

Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by suny247: 10:07am On Dec 29, 2022
Dial *127*00# to see the numbers sharing your data. Then you copy the numbers and dial *127*02*the numbers# to remove the number.
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by bn2murphy(m): 10:13am On Dec 29, 2022
Please talk to someone who knows about phone to help you do the settings.
Or visit your network provider, they normally have experts to help you with settings.
I use Glo comfortable with no hassle.

duro4chang:
It happens like that on glo sim. It has happened to me several times. Their subscriptions are cheap but you can't use them. It's always a waste.
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by Jozilinn: 10:15am On Dec 29, 2022
riddo2:

Two things are involved
1. Dial *127*00#, you will know those glo number you share your data with. To remove them, dial *127*02*friendnumber#

2. Go to your phone settings, search for data usage on search box on top. Click on each app. Switch off (restrict) background data usage on each app. Then it's done.
Thanks you, hmmm found the person though, couldn't even believe it, imagine me loading Data, just for it to finish that very day,I will call the person to know who it is... Thanks.
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by duro4chang(m): 10:50am On Dec 29, 2022
bn2murphy:
Please talk to someone who knows about phone to help you do the settings.
Or visit your network provider, they normally have experts to help you with settings.
I use Glo comfortable with no hassle.

It has nothing to do with the phone but glo network. You check the data balance the data is there but not browsing. You switch to another sim the phone begins to browse the internet.
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by cryptoyardtop: 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
Register on https://smmbirds.top to boost your accounts for free

Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by kelechi50: 1:32pm On Dec 29, 2022
Op may God bless you for sharing this info

I checked mine and lo behold the numbers sharing my data with me.

I called GLO customer care and was told to load data before removing the numbers sharing my data

I did and it was all removed.
Re: My Data Wasted Away Without Me Using It. by Messi1: 8:10pm On Jan 06, 2023

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

How To Frustrate A Scammer / My Facebook Account Blocked After A Scammer Called Me / Has Anyone Bought Ntel Simcard?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.