Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,029 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family (22479 Views)

Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem Buried In Lagos (Photos) / ''She Was My Only Child''- Slain Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem's Mum Speaks (video) / Photo Of ASP Ayuba Who Shot Bolanle Raheem Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by Omicronvaccine: 12:30pm On Dec 29, 2022
The Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) has announced that it would be demanding at least a N5billion compensation for the family of slain Lagos lawyer Mrs. Omobolanle Raheem, who was shot by a police officer, IGBERETV reports.

In a statement released on Thursday, December 29, it was also disclosed that NBA Lagos Branch member and rights activist, Ebun-Olu Adegboruwa (SAN) will be leading a team that will be monitoring the trial of the police officer.

The statement read;

“The NBA Lagos in conjunction with the NBA President, Mr. Y.C. Mikyau, SAN, has decided to be part of the prosecution of the policeman as part of its efforts towards securing quick and effective justice for the family of the deceased.

“In this regard, the NBA will be partnering with the Ministry of Justice during the trial.

“Mr. Adegboruwa has in turn obtained relevant briefing from the Hon. Attorney-General of Lagos State and has secured the assurances of an accelerated prosecution once the case file is received from the police.

“The NBA is also seeking monetary compensation for the family of Mrs. Raheem from the government of Lagos State, the Federal Government, and indeed the Nigeria Police Force and the Police Service Commission, through its Human Rights Committee.

“The NBA will seek for payment of damages not less than five billion naira in addition to the prosecution of the killer cop.”

Adegboruwa has also urged Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu to follow the model that he adopted during the EndSARS Judicial Panel to “pay compensation to the family of Mrs. Raheem immediately since it is an established fact that her life was terminated illegally by a policeman.”

The SAN called for the immediate implementation of the EndSARS Judicial Panel Report in which far-reaching recommendations were made in relation to:

“1. Psychological orientation for all police officers in the handling and use of weapons;

“2. Training for police officers on basic human rights observance and enforcement;

“3. Improving the welfare of all police officers in terms of their take-home pay, conditions of service, their places of work, and residences in order to make them more conducive;

“4. Recruitment of more police officers to reduce the pressure upon the existing officers whose number is not adequate to effectively police the country.”

Adegboruwa added that it was unacceptable that the issues that led to the 5 for 5 demands of the youths and the EndSARS protests in 2020 had not been addressed despite repeated promises from the government.

He urged the government and the relevant authorities to “go beyond mere press statements of lamentations on the gruesome murder of Mrs. Raheem and to accelerate the prosecution of the killer and payment of compensation to the family of the deceased and all other victims of police brutality”.

https://igberetvnews.com/1435232/bolanle-raheem-nba-demands-n5bn-slain-lawyers-family/

16 Likes

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by HeartlessMan: 12:31pm On Dec 29, 2022
shocked
I need to take my wife out for hangout at Ajah.

136 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by Aspirila: 12:36pm On Dec 29, 2022
HeartlessMan:
shocked
So a soldier can gun you down, then government will pay compensation to your wife oloshi.

470 Likes 28 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by ThoughtOfYou: 12:37pm On Dec 29, 2022
Even more than that if possible.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by habsydiamond(m): 12:44pm On Dec 29, 2022
HeartlessMan:
shocked
see person... clap for urself

188 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by Jennyclay(f): 12:50pm On Dec 29, 2022
It should be increased to ₦50 Billion

These policemen are animals on black uniform. Nonsense!

98 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by Zonefree(m): 12:54pm On Dec 29, 2022
Aspirila:

So a soldier can gun you down, then government will pay compensation to your wife oloshi.

Isn't that the only lesson from what NBA is demanding?

No amount of money is worth a single life. You should condemn the learned people coming publicly to demand for monetary compensation for a life not the innocent Heartful man who is only exhibiting what he learnt from learned people.

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by Business2023: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2022
HeartlessMan:
shocked

I need 1million naira to support my crumbling business, whether Inform of loan or assistance.
I have the Faith and i believe that God can touch just one person heart here on nairaland to assist me in life.
The is my email address:
businessdealer2005@gmail.com

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2022
The very day I saw over 200 Nigerian lawyers requesting to defend those that killed Deborah Samuel.

That day I gave up on the Nigerian judicial system

72 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by OGwales(m): 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2022
NBA sef. These people no serious. Rubbish! Na so e easy to cash out grin

9 Likes

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by Cofreru: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2022
Cool. I support

2 Likes

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2022
That amount is even small

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by JoeNL22(m): 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2022
Really.....wow!
Obi you must reform the police

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by ScrollReport: 1:00pm On Dec 29, 2022
The LORD is our Shepherd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by dapsoneh: 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2022
From who? Govt or that police officer?
I swear that man can't have even up to 100k in his akant grin

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by MrSensor(m): 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2022
embarassed
Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by jaxxy(m): 1:01pm On Dec 29, 2022
Good. The police service needs to be professional. if they had implemented the #Endsars police reforms this will not have happened.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by Banbutton: 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2022
The head of the police officer should also be demanded.

4 Likes

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by Olympiacos(m): 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2022
Biggest cash out from the family. 5 Billie. E choke.
Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by Tinubuwins2023e: 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2022
Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by TheBTCinvestor: 1:02pm On Dec 29, 2022
shocked

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by whytediamond(m): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
wink

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by lomaxx: 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
New wife loading...

4 Likes

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by DropsMic(m): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
Hmm

1 Like

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by irunoko(m): 1:03pm On Dec 29, 2022
Good
Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by TheBTCinvestor: 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
HeartlessMan:
shocked

Ur a real heartlessman grin

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by Realmi: 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
..may God console her family especially her mother

If only the money can bring her back

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bolanle Raheem: NBA Demands ₦‎5 Billion For Slain Lawyer’s Family by DropsMic(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2022
AbdulMagaji:
The very day I saw over 200 Nigerian lawyers requesting to defend those that killed Deborah Samuel.

That day I gave up on the Nigerian judicial system

200 Northern lawyers

13 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Matharoo Sisters Spotted In Spain Displaying Their Backsides / Keke Operator Stops Sale Of 2-month-old Triplets In Ebonyi / Help!!! - Oppression Of Lives And Properties At Oke-afa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.