Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,066 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards (30309 Views)

Zenith Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards / First Bank Suspends International Transactions On Naira Cards From September 30 / Zenith Bank Suspends International ATM Withdrawals/POS Payments (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by obi58: 7:57pm On Dec 30, 2022
Again I ask @Designmaestro

What sayest thou?

Now Nigerians can no longer make online txns with their naira MasterCard.

All under APC.

This is the change and next level abi?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by BannedUser: 7:57pm On Dec 30, 2022
Thegamingorca:
Please how can someone buy usdt without Nigerian banks freezing your account

There is no way they would know except you explicitly tell them.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by FOOTSOLDIER1: 7:59pm On Dec 30, 2022
Indispensable85:
Not a big deal

Your papa dick is not a big deal. Agbado urchin grin cheesy
Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by BannedUser: 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2022
eteebanky1:

You better don't mind them, my fellow countrymen that will rather buy common Bluetooth speaker on international market instead of patronising the nearest gadgets store

If not for all this policies, we'll be exchanging a dollar to #2000 by now....I don't want to talk much
What are you saying. Where in Nigeria is bluetooth speaker being produced?

5 Likes

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by nedekid: 8:01pm On Dec 30, 2022
Reinaldo:
APC must be voted out. Even the healthcare sector is now a disaster waiting to happen with the rate at which doctors are leaving the country. Meanwhile, these people will simply fly abroad if they need medical treatment. Yet some lunatics still want to vote for them.
The health sector is thriving for only those that have money. Eg visit CCU at lasuth allegedly owned by landlord of Lagos. You get first class treatment. Acess to all the consultants, humane treatment, best of care. But you know what? Na money. The alternative is to go to gbogbo ero section. You go on visiting days, 2ice or so in a week. Arrive there 5am and qeue the whole day with hundreds of people. You don't see the consultant, you come back the next visiting day and qeue again. They send you for test, you get the result and come back 5 am to state the qeue process again.

2 Likes

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by FunkeAyorinde: 8:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
So sad cry

1 Like

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by boom99(m): 8:03pm On Dec 30, 2022
Dogalmighty17:

Zenith is the worst bank in Africa. Imagine me recieving alert for money that was paid into my account over 6 days ago today. It almost caused issue between me and my client. I initially felt like client was trying to fool me.
Zenith Bank is worse than useless.
It's not their fault bro. Their tech personnels done japa. It's not been easy for them

1 Like

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by ThatKING(m): 8:07pm On Dec 30, 2022
This Nigeria sha
Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by ThatKING(m): 8:09pm On Dec 30, 2022
Oritna94:
It is finished. Remaining to bury the country. Smh
hope still dey
Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by arantess: 8:14pm On Dec 30, 2022
Ajay7411:
The past 8 years have been a terrible one for our country and we must pray that such never occurs again!
Na to vote wisely oo

1 Like

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by ojotobiloba1: 8:15pm On Dec 30, 2022
Chaiii

What Wil i be using to pay on Aliexpress
Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by Blakjewelry(m): 8:15pm On Dec 30, 2022
eteebanky1:

You better don't mind them, my fellow countrymen that will rather buy common Bluetooth speaker on international market instead of patronising the nearest gadgets store

If not for all this policies, we'll be exchanging a dollar to #2000 by now....I don't want to talk much
So na the small 20 dollar a month wey only few people dey na em be the problem, weda una brain dey blank I no know.
Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by arantess: 8:15pm On Dec 30, 2022
boom99:

It's not their fault bro. Their tech personnels done japa. It's not been easy for them
Stop giving excuses for failures na haba

Other banks are getting theirs on time

2 Likes

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by duality(m): 8:17pm On Dec 30, 2022
Demogorgon:

"The dollar exchanges for naira at about 440 a dollar at the official market..."

Bloody liars. Gtbank's official rate was always at $490 per dollar

It's actually 495 per usd as at yesterday.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by COMPAQ(m): 8:17pm On Dec 30, 2022
eteebanky1:

Didn't the gadget store also buy from abroad? If I know I am travelling and can buybit myself for $100 why should I buy it locally for $250 equivalent?

That why I pity those who sell stuff locally. People why actually have the money to buy them buy it themselves either when traveling or when colleagues and friends are travelling. That's why you go to gadget shops and see the sames thing on their shelves for months .

Only electronic I have bought locally in like 10 years is a TV, washing machine etc as those can't be brought into the country easily. But smaller stuff like phones, speakers, earbuds, Chromecast etc are all when I travel.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by addexx: 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2022
Thegamingorca:
Please how can someone buy usdt without Nigerian banks freezing your account

P2p. Use Opay.
Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by Eriokanmi: 8:26pm On Dec 30, 2022
post=119546307:
This Is The Latest Update From GTBANK

Proudly Brought To You By
You try

1 Like

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by Indispensable85(m): 8:27pm On Dec 30, 2022
FOOTSOLDIER1:

Your papa dick is not a big deal. Agbado urchin grin cheesy

Poverty stricken bastard your frustrations will be endless.
Your useless father was jumping from one prostitute to another when his mates were hustling.
Product of a cursed lineage.
Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by oneMalik: 8:27pm On Dec 30, 2022
this is long overdue .

Nigerians can hide under anything to commit anything .

1 Like

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by Dshocker(m): 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2022
Gawd damn it...
Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by CodeTemplar: 8:28pm On Dec 30, 2022
This will increase the cry for collapse of multiple exchange rate into single one but I don't see that solving any real problem.
The challenge at hand is that of demand and supply. Lack of foreign earnings to balance out demand for foreign currencies towards importers.

Yahoo Yahoo as buoyant as it seems cannot sustain the demand for forex. Until the whole world bends to the obedience of seedtime and harvest time commandment, we are just testing textbook theories.

4 Likes

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by Eriokanmi: 8:29pm On Dec 30, 2022
Ajay7411:
The past 8 years have been a terrible one for our country and we must pray that such never occurs again!
It begins with you. Vote LP

1 Like

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by FOOTSOLDIER1: 8:31pm On Dec 30, 2022
Indispensable85:

Poverty stricken bastard your frustrations will be endless.
Your useless father was jumping from one prostitute to another when his mates were hustling.
Product of a cursed lineage.

Caprison
Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by Faposky95: 8:35pm On Dec 30, 2022
Still an ok bank...?!

Then why do I have to pay charges just to transfer 2k to another GTB account....

Monkey say monkey do

2 Likes

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by IjeBos(m): 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2022
adubam:

When a carpenter is explaining economic principle.

Lol. Was going to post calling the comment gibberish myself.

1 Like

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by goody234: 8:40pm On Dec 30, 2022
They are buying it cheap from CBN ,then instead of settling their customers international transactions ...they are selling to their friends for profit these bankers should be lined up and shot !! for sabotaging our country very corrupt ppl

3 Likes

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by hardon1(m): 8:44pm On Dec 30, 2022
How do they expect small businesses doing online international transaction to thrive..

Las Las.. this will still put pressure on demand for dollar at black market since people will want alternative by mean on online wallets. Inturn, the dollar will still increase
Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by IjeBos(m): 8:46pm On Dec 30, 2022
dazzlingd:

Naira card is cheaper to use against dollar card. The option that favors naira most is using naira card to get dollar at a cheaper rate.
Now that they have stopped the use of naira card, people will be forced to buy dollar at black market rate which will further increase the demand for dollar and increase in the price of dollar

Not sure about the end of your logic. If the supply of dollars comes from the same place and people are forced to buy at the BM rate instead of the lower rates from their cards, less people will probably buy dollars. If less people buy dollars, there will be downward pressure on the exchange rate.

The policy sux, but maybe the most equitable solution. People who have the ability to do international transactions shouldn't be able to get those dollars when others can't at that rate.
Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by billagreen(m): 8:47pm On Dec 30, 2022
CheapHomes1:

Even the so called dollar master card isn't available in any gtbank office

Its actually available but u must first have a dom acct with them after which it would be processed.
Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by rontolo(m): 8:48pm On Dec 30, 2022
Though controversial, the solution is to float the naira so it settles at it’s real value. The naira is currently over valued and is creating market asymmetry.

Any government that comes in will have no choice

3 Likes

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by opeey(m): 8:49pm On Dec 30, 2022
post=119546286:
Guaranty Trust Bank has announced that its naira cards will no longer be used for international transactions starting December 31, Reports.

This means customers using the GTBank mastercard can no longer use their naira debit cards to pay for transactions originated in foreign currency.

Nigerian Banks had in March reduced their monthly international spending limit on naira cards citing “current market realities on foreign exchange.”

The banks gradually reduced their monthly international spending limit on naira cards from $100/$120 to $50/$20.

In September, several banks suspended international transactions on naira cards. GTB announced its decision on Thursday.

Read Their Statement On The Email Inbox As Obtained By Below:

“Dear Customer, we write to inform you that you will no longer be able to use your Naira Mastercard for international online and POS transactions effective 31st December 2022. Kindly note that you can use your GTBank dollar card for all your international spending requirements,” the bank said in an emailed memo.

“According to the bank, the dollar card allows ATM Withdrawal of $1,000 daily or the equivalent in the transaction’s local currency. It added that with the dollar card, there is no limit to international PoS or online transactions. There will also be no annual spending limit,” it said.

Nigeria has suffered an importation-fuelled foreign exchange crisis for years, but the scarcity worsened in 2021 with its export proceeds declining amid increaed supply for foreign exchange. The dollar exchanges for naira at about 440 a dollar at the official market and N740 a dollar at the parallel market.

As of December 28, Nigeria’s foreign reserve fell to $37billion, compared to $37.1 billion recorded as of November 28.

Source: BLOG

Any alternative to purchase things in AliExpress pls

4 Likes

Re: GTB Suspends International Transaction On Naira Cards by Stevosty: 8:53pm On Dec 30, 2022
eteebanky1:

Are you saying Nigeria or the nearest gadgets store produces these speakers?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

CBN Orders Banks To Sell Excess Dollars In 24 Hours / 16 moments those depositing money in the bank can Relate To. (pics) / Nigeria’s Largest Electronic Manufacturing, Assembly Plant Launched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.