Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,215 members, 7,811,591 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:14 PM

HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo (14400 Views)

TOLERATED By Toyin Taiwo / PASTORZONED: A Story By Toyin Taiwo / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 12:22pm On Jan 02, 2023
Hello Everyone,
Compliment of the season.
A New Book is out titled "HERS NOT MINE"
Available on okadabooks.
Let me also use this opportunity to thank everyone of you for your support so far. I'm saying a big thank you to everyone who read who read:
I fell in love
Wrong Number
Anike
Broken Hedge
PastorZoned
Tolerated
Underrated &
More Than A Craving

God bless you all.

I'll post part of the new story here then you can read the complete book on okadabooks. Thanks so much.

2 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 1:15pm On Jan 02, 2023
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

Chapter 1
Lolu dressed up in a blue suit, looking as handsome as ever ready to go to work with his beautiful wife, Peju. He checked out his dark-skinned, tall-frame self in the mirror, he made a little adjustment here and there and concluded that he was good to go. Same for his light skinned, tall and beautiful wife. Each picked their car keys from the dressing table and stepped out of the bedroom.
Peju works in a bank while Lolu works with an international company and had the privilege of working from home, he only goes to the head office twice a week. Mondays, to submit his weekly reports on the work done in the course of the week and Fridays, for executive meetings because he is the one representing Nigeria branch.
It was a Friday and as they stepped into the sitting room together, Lolu’s wife reminded him of her plan for Saturday.
“Honey, I hope you remember that I won’t be coming home tomorrow. I’m traveling to my Uncle’s place to pick my sister.” Peju informed.
“I think I’m aware of that but have you informed your uncle that you are coming?”
“No, I want to take him and that is wicked wife by surprise.”
“And you think this your move won’t fuel family dispute.” Lolu cautioned.
“Like I care, I won’t allow anyone maltreat my only sister when I’m still alive.” Peju replied her husband.
Peju lost her parents few months ago and because her marriage was still barely a year and also because she had an agreement with her husband that no family members will be staying with them, she decided to make her only sister, Imade, live with their uncle but to her surprise, the person who promised heaven and earth to be there for them and take care of her little sister has turned into a monster.
Thankfully, Peju used to spend holidays with her uncle during her secondary days and even when she was an undergraduate and so she had friends over there, if not she wouldn’t have known that her favourite uncle and his wife was physically abusing her kid sister. They even seized her phone and Peju was unable to reach her. They lied to her that the phone is faulty, she even wanted to send money for another phone but the neighbours, through their phone conversation made her realize that nothing is wrong with the phone.
“Just take things easy when you get there.” Lolu advised his wife.
“I’m not going there to fight; I will just take my sister and leave.”
“Better. I wish I can come with you.” He said with concern.
“I understand, you can’t miss the family meeting, I’m attending to my family issues too, so go attend to yours.”
“Are you sure?”
“I will be fine. And thanks once again for allowing my sister come stay with us.”
“It’s okay. What other choice do we have here, she may experience worse if you take her to another family member.”
“Thanks.” She said and hugged him. He kissed her on the cheek and the two left the house for their respective place of work.
Peju left Lagos early in the morning on Saturday and headed for Ibadan, her husband also left the house few hours later for the emergency family meeting they have in his family.
Peju is way older than her sister, Imade is just 14 years while she is 28 years, their parents wasn’t able to have another child for years that‘s the reason for the wide age difference between them while Lolu is thirty years old. Lolu is young but at that young age of his, God had blessed him so much that he can conveniently take care of his wife, even if she decides not to work but Peju loved the banking sector.
Peju got to Ibadan safely, she got to her Uncle’s place and to her surprise, there was chaos in the compound. And she was wondering what the commotion was all about.
“Imade’s sister is here!!” Says one of the neighbours who recognized her as everyone gather around her and start venting.
“Why did you leave that innocent girl here with these monsters?” One said.
“You don’t have an Uncle at all…. you better take your sister before they kill her.” Another said. Peju couldn’t pick the rest, she had to call the neighbor she spoke with on phone and ask her what is going on.
“What’s going on, where is my uncle and his wife? Where is my sister?” Peju questioned her.
“They are all at the police station, we have to file a report and the police came this morning to arrest your uncle and his wife.”
“Why? What happened?”
“You know he and his wife has been maltreating the girl all this while, so we planned to catch them red handed. Thankfully, one of the neighbour heard Imade’s scream, she peeped on the window, and saw your sister stacked naked and been beaten by both your uncle and his wife. She recorded everything and took it to the police station” The neighbor explained to her.
Hot tears flowed down from Imade’s eyes, she couldn’t believe her sister was subjected to all that while she was still alive and breathing. She cleaned her face as people comforted her. She took some of the neighbours in her car and they went to the police station.
Her sister saw her and ran into her arms to hug her, Peju saw her bruised body and wept the more. The two sisters were in each other’s arms for like five minutes, crying. The police officer in charge of the case showed up and led her to the DPO’s office.
Peju asked after her uncle and his wife and she was told they were in the cell. She asked what is expected of her to do about the case but the DPO said she has nothing to do than to take her sister away and take good care of her.
“As you can see, she needs medical attention, so go take care of that. As for your uncle and his wife, the case is now between them and the state, they will face the wrath of the law.” The DPO explained.
Peju asked if she could see them and they obliged her. One of the two police officers that was with them in the office went out to bring the couple in.
The couple looks showed that they have been tortured. Their three children stayed in the boarding school reason why Imade was all alone with them. The two started pleading with Imade, claiming that it’s the work of the devil.
Peju opened her mouth to talk but instead she cried out. “Uncle Funsho, you really disappointed yourself. The only thing this girl owes you is shelter, just shelter Uncle Funsho. I sent her school fees and money for her monthly upkeep….”
“Ah…….”His wife cut in. “So you are collecting school fees and monthly upkeep of Imade.” This revelation dazed Imade too, not just the wife.
“Uncle Funsho, so your wife is not aware of the money I sent monthly!” Peju enquired but the uncle kept mute.
“I don’t know about that she sends money to my husband o. I swe….”
“Keep quiet wicked woman and you have your children, would you have treated the girl better if you know her financial burdens is not on your husband!” The DPO pointed out, shutting the woman up. He continued as he faced the Uncle. “And you, so your wife is not even aware of all the money you are collecting from your niece. You are even shameless, so you can’t take care of the welfare of a 14 years old girl on your own and when they send you money, you still squander it.” The DPO said and shook his head. “You know what, just take them away, they disgust me both husband and wife. The police officer took them out to their respective cell. Peju thanked the DPO and left the office too.
The neighbours were so happy that Imade is finally free, Peju thanked them all for their intervention because some neighbours will just keep quiet, fold their hands and mind their business which is not the best. We should be our brother and sister’s keeper. Everyone departed from the hospital while Peju took her sister in her car and headed for Lagos. All through the journey, she was just apologizing to her sister for abandoning her. The crying Imade told her sister not to blame herself because no one who have thought that Uncle Funsho who was so fun of them when their parents were still alive will end up turning into wicked person.
They arrived Lagos and Peju took her sister straight to the hospital where she was given a thorough treatment. She was admitted for weeks, her condition was that bad, and series of test had to be run on her to ensure that there is no internal bleeding.
Lolu was the one who was around most of the time with Imade at the hospital, his work can afford him such time unlike the banker Peju who only check on her sister after the close of work. Imade was quiet throughout her stay in the hospital, she hardly speak, she always fidget anytime a stranger is around her including her sister’s husband Lolu, the only person she was free with was her sister.
Peju and her husband who had noticed this went to the doctor to lodge a complain and the doctor told the couple that it was the side effect of the trauma she went through. As it is, it was normal for her to feel that way and not to trust anyone except her blood sister but the doctor assured the couple that she will get over it soon and be fine with time. The doctor also advised them that all she needs to heal up quickly is one hundred percent love, attention and affection and the couple promised to try their best.
Imade was discharged and they were about to go home, Peju was parking her things. Lolu was also there with the two sisters in the hospital room but to their surprise Imade started crying.
“Imade! You should be happy that you are discharged, why are you crying?” Peju asked her sister but she refused to talk. Lolu tried to come close to her but she fidgeted and the couple both noticed. Lolu sighed. “Let me excuse the both of you.” He said and left the room.
“Imade what’s all this, my husband is harmless! Fine, he has left, we are alone, now talk to me. Why are you crying?” Peju asked her sister.
“I don’t want to follow you to your house, I don’t want to live with anybody except you.” She voiced out.
“But that is not possible I’m a married woman and I have to live with my husband.” She stated.
“Then take me to a boarding school instead.”
“Boarding school! Imade, you don’t need a boarding school now. The doctor said you need to be in a place where you’ll be shown love, care and affection and to be sincere you can’t get that in a boarding school because that is another life on its own.” She explained then she started crying again.
“Okay, if I can’t go to boarding school, can you rent a place for me to stay while you come check on me?”
“No way! Not when I’m still alive. Which landlord in this Lagos will even rent out his house to a 14 years old girl.”
“Sister mi…..I’m scared.”
“You don’t need to. You know Lolu nau…..”
“We know Uncle Funsho too.” Imade countered.
Peju took a deep breath, she understood her sister’s fear but she knows her husband will never maltreat her sister.
“Okay, let’s do it this way, if he tries to hurt you in anyway just alert me instantly and if you can’t trust me, then go to the police station, at least you know what they did to Uncle Funsho and his wife. I’m giving you the go ahead to go report him or let me say you can report us but Imade, I cross my heart, Lolu is a loving person, I doubt if you won’t even love him more than me when you get to really know him.”
Imade folds her hands across her chest. “Hmm…….” She muttered in disbelief. Peju promised her all over again and she eventually agreed to go with her.
Peju stepped out of Imade’s hospital room and went to the reception to meet her husband. She explained everything that transpired between her and Imade.
“I gave her my words honey. Just so she can trust me, I told her to report us to the police if we ever mistreat her.”
“I understand you and I must say I understand her fears as well and I promise to treat her even better than the way I’ll treat my blood sister.” Lolu assured his wife.
“Thank you so much my love, this is one of the reasons why I love you, I know you are very understanding and accommodating.”
“We are family and family look out for each other. Go bring her, I’ll be in the car.”
“No, we are going in there together.” Peju insisted.
“If you say so.” The couple held hands and went into Imade’s hospital room. Lolu walked up to her and sat by her bed. She shifted uncomfortably on the bed with fear in her eyes.
“Imade, I promise you, I’ll never maltreat you. The day I do, just hand me over to the authorities, is that taking?” Lolu asked and Imade nodded slowly.
“Now, it’s time to go home.” Peju said and Lolu offered a hand to Imade and she took it. Peju smiled, she picked her bag and they left the hospital.

3 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 1:22pm On Jan 02, 2023
Invite:
kevwecute1, temig, Kaycee9242, MYGIST, Blackween, damselposh, Faspen, Jentle244, adefunke62,
skubido, nogodye, Adesina12, anneboy02' Ray1251 AJECKING, queenitee, princessadeola, Halyma
Divineroyalty, dupsai, ann2012, LightQueen
crislyn, Born2Breed nastynic, Nogody, genius43, mhizcutie, Ayanfe29, emmytemmy, Kaycee9242 hfinest1 Babysuccess, Xeynab, Shola2019, Finumokesayo, oluwadabira, Ann2012, beldad, genius43, cubby4, queentener, Humbleness, izaray, BIGGIE121, kaysmart4real, Kaycee9242, Divineroyalty, Divinelypruned, Jagaban880, Treasurewamiri, iamgprince, Joecristiano7,Nwiboko26, cocotrendz, Nogodye, lonesome501, Ven97, Treasure17,
Lilly4endu, Wuhmie, garuzmarstk, Emex100, Youngbruzzy, Ettabe195, emmytemmy, uchedora, maxipharo, skubido, PrudySara, duruZed, Haredes, Odoogu, Blessinzy, damiscrown28, coscleyl12, damselposh, pelujam, kamchizzy, Hanibal, Rahyberg, estygoldy, Gnvl, Elquddus100, iamgprince, aprilwise, Sharonmum08, Youngados

"HERS NOT MINE" is available on okadabooks.
THANKS.
GOD BLESS YOU.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by YoungBruzzy(m): 8:20pm On Jan 02, 2023
Rachealfst is back with another banger��
Have a prosperous year ahead ma’am.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:29pm On Jan 02, 2023
YoungBruzzy:
Rachealfst is back with another banger��
Have a prosperous year ahead ma’am.
You too.... thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Herbiedeen(m): 12:08am On Jan 03, 2023
even though i wasn't invited, i'd still intrude anyways.....More ink to your pen babe, ride on
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:19am On Jan 03, 2023
Herbiedeen:
even though i wasn't invited, i'd still intrude anyways.....More ink to your pen babe, ride on
I'm so sorry.... Welcome on board. Thanks so much.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 11:19am On Jan 03, 2023
CHAPTER 2
It’s been two years that Imade moved in with her sister and her stay there was filled with so many pleasant things that she had never experienced before in her life. Her brother in law, Lolu was not just an in-law but a father, a brother and above all a friend to her. Lolu had enrolled her into the best secondary school in town, he made it a point of duty to take her to school in the morning and go pick her when school closes. This was easy for him because he works from home.
Imade who is now 16 years and in SS3 never regret coming to stay with her sister who has a wonderful and caring husband. Lolu loves his wife so much and he extended the love to his sister in-law. Lolu does almost all the chores before the wife comes back from work at night. If Peju allowed Lolu to have his way, Imade will be as lazy as a sloth but Peju never gave her the chance. She ensured she allocates some chores in the house to Imade and sometimes Lolu would have even fixed them before she comes back from school.
Lolu was busy working on his laptop when his phone reminder popped up. It was time to go pick Imade in school, if he didn’t set a reminder he might get carried away with work and lose track of time. He put off the alarm and walked to his closet to dress up. He picked his car key and left the house.
Another thing that makes Imade so proud of her brother in-law is the fact that he is rich and her friends always comment about his classy lifestyle and the luxurious car he used to pick her from school.
Imade and his friends were gisting when Lolu’s car came on sight. She put up a wide smile.
“Time to go. My Uncle is here……” She made to leave.
“Bye….” Imade’s friends waved at her.
“Bye…..” Imade giggled as she waved to her friends who are still waiting for their parents to come pick them up.
Imade opened the front door and hopped into the car. “Baby girl….How’s school today?” He pecked her on the cheek.
“Best Uncle….school is fine.” She replied with a peck as well. He turned on the ignition and zoomed off. On their way home, he stopped at the eatery. “Are we eating out today? My sister will have our heads. She said I must cook for the both of us and not eat out.” Imade pointed out.
“I was so busy with office work all day and I didn’t cook and I know you’ll be famished by now. So let me get us something to eat.” Lolu explained.
“Let’s go home, I’m not that hungry, my sister will complain again. Uncle Lolu, let me not lie, my sister is right.”
“Really, now the two women in my life want to put me in the middle.” He joked.
“Truth be told Uncle Lolu, I know I’m getting lazy because I’m so used to you doing my chores and preparing my meals.” She admitted.
“I’m not complaining, more so you know how to cook nau…. it’s just that you don’t do it often.”
“And whose fault is that?” Imade asked with a feigned frown.
Lolu raised his right hand like a little child. “Me, I admit.” He said and they both laughed. “So….what do you…..”
“Let’s go home. I’ll cook.” Imade concluded.
“Since we are here already, at least let me get you ice cream or something.”
“Don’t worry, my sister we start scolding somebody now and say I’m a spoilt brat.” She puffed and Lolu laughed and took a keen look at her.
“You know I never believed you are a spoilt brat until now. See the way you swell like an overfed broiler. Kai, I have spoilt you indeed.”
“Ha….. My life! Uncle Lolu, You just called me an overfed broiler.” She said, sounding like someone who is about to cry.
“Yes, that’s exactly what you look like right now.”
“I’ll tell my sister.” She gave him a face like a little child and Lolu shook his head.
“Imade……see my life outside, I have over pampered you indeed. See your mouth. ‘I’ll tell my sister.’ He mimicked her and then drove out of the eatery premises and headed home.
In the evening, when Peju returned from work around 10pm, Lolu served her food while he ordered her to go freshen up because if she ate without taking a shower and hit the bed, then the rest is history because sleep will take over straight up. Peju returned and settled down to feast on the hot amala with vegetable. Her husband was on the dining with her.
“That spoilt brat cannot even wait till I return, she can sleep for Africa.” Peju joked.
“I heard that.” The sleepy Imade walked in on them. Peju eyes widened, she never knew she was awake already.
“Busted.” Lolu laughed and his wife joined him in laughing.
“Busted indeed.” Peju said. Imade eyed her sister childishly and joined them on the dining.
“Welcome, how’s work today ma?”
“Stressful and...….”
“Please don’t complain, that’s the kind of life you want. A busy life.” Lolu countered her.
“I’m not complaining, I only answered her question.” Peju gestured with her hands.
Imade yawned. “Me, I’m going back to sleep o. Good night Mr. and Mrs. Omololu.” She said and they replied her and then she left for her room.
When Peju was through eating, she stood up to clear the plate but her husband offered to help her out. She wanted to decline the offer but he insisted.
“Save that energy, you’ll need it very soon in the other room.” He said and she smiled.
“Hmm….I can’t wait. Hope you are prepared for me too, cos you’ll be the one begging me tonight.” She said.
“Yea, I love it when I beg. So, you just go ahead, I’ll join you shortly.” He said and she obeyed while he headed for the kitchen. Few minutes later, he was through.
He got back to the room and surprisingly he saw her wife with the laundry basket arranging the clean clothes.
“I told you to save your energy, I’ll sort that out tomorrow morning.”
“I was only trying to help, you’ve done the laundry the least I can do is to arrange the cloth.”
“I’m not complaining, now hand me the laundry basket and….” He was still saying but Peju’s eyes caught something and she brought out the clothes slowly from the laundry basket.
“Lolu, are these not Imade’s clothes?”
“Sweetheart, it’s not……”
“Lolu don’t tell me it’s nothing! How can you be doing Imade’s laundry? You are pampering this girl too much and this will tell on her in the future. I mean, she’s a woman for God’s sake!”
“Just calm down, she was busy preparing for her WAEC and that is why I decided to help her.”
“So, we should now run away because she wants to write WAEC! You know what, give me a minute.” Peju jumped to her feet.
“Sweetheart, no! You are going nowhere.” He was trying to block her but she was adamant to leave the room but he pleaded with her.
“Please just let it go, if you go to her room now it means I got her into trouble. She didn’t ask me to do it, I was only trying to help.”
“Lolu, that girl will turn into something else in our hands if we go on like this.” She pointed out.
“You are right and I admit to the fact that I’m over pampering her. It’s just that I was only trying to do everything possible to make her happy after the incident that occurred years ago but I promised to watch it now.”
“I understand you perfectly well but we must not over do it, if not we won’t be raising a girl we won’t be proud of in the future.” Peju stated.
“You are right, God will help us be a better guardian for her.”
“Amen. So, Oga be calming down, I know you genuinely care for her.”
“I get you.”
“Fine. Now I need my husband.” Peju said and Lolu carried her and carefully placed her on the bed and they started undressing each other.

Weeks later, Lolu’s friend, Akin who lived outside Lagos was in town and he normally stop at Lolu’s place whenever he is in town. They were childhood friends, they grew up together in the same neighbourhood and even attended the same university and that is the only person you can point to as Lolu’s friend. It was a Friday and Lolu who went to pick Imade from school returned to meet his friend in the house. They all greeted each other, Imade went to her room to change from her school uniform and went to the kitchen. She met Lolu in the kitchen, he was retrieving some drinks from the fridge.
“Let me go serve him.” Imade offered.
“No, don’t worry. I can fix that.”
“What should I prepare for him?”
“Imade, go and relax, I will fix it.”
“Okay.” She said as she took a chilled bottled water and dranked half of it.
Lolu entertained his friend, Imade left for her room and remained there just to give them privacy. Peju taught her that it is wrong to sit with adults when they are discussing.
“Let me cook you something.” Lolu informed his friend and stood up.
“Why, let Imade cook the food, she is no longer a kid now….”
“Don’t let me stress her, she just returned from school. Also she is preparing for WAEC.”
“Really! We did not go to school abi or we did not write WAEC. You don spoil the child finish but remember say no be you go marry her. Pity her husband fa.” Akin pointed out.
“Now you are sounding like my wife.”
“Oh, thank God it’s not just me.”
“Sincerely there’s no house chores she can’t fix including cooking. It’s just that I don’t like stressing her.”
“Imade!!” Akin called out and she answered and came out of her room. “Can you prepare amala?” He asked her.
“Yes sir. Do you care for amala?” Imade asked.
“Yes.”
“Okay, I’ll prepare it.” She was about to leave but Akin stopped her. He was surprised when he saw her going to the kitchen to fix the meal.
“Imade, so you can prepare amala.”
“Vey well, you can asked Uncle Lolu.” Akin looked at Lolu and Lolu gave him ‘I told you so’ look.
“You can leave, I’m not eating amala, I’m only pulling your legs.” He opened up to her. So Imade went back to her room.
The two friends started gisting but this time around Imade was close by, she was drying her clothes at the balcony. Akin went on and on giving his friends fresh gist that happened among their colleagues.
“Do you know that Ife is now divorced?” Akin asked Lolu.
“What!” Lolu was shocked at the news. Ife is one of their friends in school and she likes Lolu, everyone around them knew she has eyes for Lolu but Lolu loved Peju and that was who he eventually married.
“Why are you surprise, we all knew the guy is a serial cheater now….”
“Peju did not like that guy too.”
“But she is happy that the guy took Ife’s eyes off you.” Akin countered.
“You know I can’t marry Ife. She’s not someone I can’t settle down with.”
“I know right.”
They talked some more and the three later left the house to chill in a restaurant in town and later, they took Akin to her mum’s house where he’ll be spending the night, then Lolu and Imade returned home.

3 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by genius43(m): 8:27pm On Jan 03, 2023
Thanks for the invite. I have grabbed my copy
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 10:03pm On Jan 03, 2023
genius43:
Thanks for the invite. I have grabbed my copy
Wow! Thanks so much. God bless you.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Dinabella: 10:16am On Jan 04, 2023
rachealfst:
Hello Everyone,
Compliment of the season.
A New Book is out titled "HERS NOT MINE"
Available on okadabooks.
Let me also use this opportunity to thank everyone of you for your support so far. I'm saying a big thank you to everyone who read who read:
I fell in love
Wrong Number
Anike
Broken Hedge
PastorZoned
Tolerated
Underrated &
More Than A Craving

God bless you all.

I'll post part of the new story here then you can read the complete book on okadabooks. Thanks so much.

I was thinking you'll not share another story early this year. I am sure this would be a great read as usual, heading to Okada books cos i don't have patience for weekly updates. Well done.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2023
Dinabella:

I was thinking you'll not share another story early this year. I am sure this would be a great read as usual, heading to Okada books cos i don't have patience for weekly updates. Well done.
Thank you so much. God bless you.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 12:33pm On Jan 04, 2023
CHAPTER 3
WAEC result came out, Imade’s papers were good but she failed one of her core subject. She cried so much but her guardians were there for her to encourage. Trust Lolu, he started telling her stories of people who had F9 parallel, and those whose results were not even released at all, he kept on reassuring her that her case is better and it has a solution. Since the failed subject was necessary for her admission into the higher institution, she had to retake WAEC.
Imade was sad for a while but Lolu was there to encourage and support her including her sister. She now stays at home since she’s out of school. At some point, she felt bored in the house. So Lolu this time around, deliberately left all house chores for her to keep her busy and also to groom her since she’s preparing for higher institution and will soon be on her own. Lolu also got her a home teacher who comes to the house to take her that particular subject that she failed majorly, the teacher also treated other subjects with her.
One day, peju returned from work and shared the story of a home teacher who was sleeping with his female student, a gist she overheard in the office. The couple cuddled up in bed preparing to sleep.
“Lolu please, help us keep an eye on Imade’s home teacher o.” She pleaded with her husband.
“Before nko, you think I will just allow a stranger here without supervision. They have their classes in the sitting room and I sit there with them until they are done.”
“Really! Lolu, you are the best Daddy in the world.”
“Point of correction I’m like an uncle to her not daddy.”
“You think so, you are more than a father to Imade and I can’t wait for us to have our own kids because I know they will be lucky to have you as their father.” Peju stated.
“I can’t wait too. Talking about babies, I think we should try that IVF again.” Lolu said. They’ve tried twice but she lost the pregnancy.
“Lolu, there’s no point wasting money.”
“But I’m not complaining at least it’s my money.”
“I know but the doctor has told us the truth, I’m the one with the problem. So all we need to do is to wait on God.”
“But……”
“No but, and I’m not ready to go for the other option.”
“You mean the surrogate.” He asked.
“Yes.” Peju replied.
“I don’t like it either. How can another woman carry other people’s baby for nine month and you take it from her after birth. Mother-child bond is stronger than that. I will never subject any woman to that despite the fact that she will be offered money.” Lolu poured out.
“Same here my love. There are so many stories of surrogate gone wrong.” Peju added.
“So many dear, so in order to avoid stories that touch, let’s choose peace of mind.”
“Peace of mind is key o.” Peju added.
“I love you and that is all that matters. Baby will surely come in God’s time.” He said and kissed his wife passionately until they were aroused and ended up making love. One thing about the couple is that their sex life was perfect despite Peju’s demanding job. And they love the life they live as a family. Friends and family were always amazed with the strong connection this two had despite the fact that they are still waiting on God for their own child.

A year later, Imade gained admission into one of the universities in Nigeria, the school is somewhere in the south west region. She had a complete WAEC result and her Jamb score and post UTME score was on a very high side, so she was given admission on merit.
Peju was busy as usual, it was Lolu who helped her with the running around and the rest. He foot the whole bills and he ensured she bought every necessary thing she needed for school. He drove her down to school which was outside Lagos and helped her move into the hostel. Lolu didn’t like the hostel one bit but he had no choice than to allow her stay with her peers, since he felt Imade will be more secured in the hostel. After she ensured she settled down well in the hostel, Lolu returned to Lagos.
Some weeks later, Imade was rushed to the school clinic, the school contacted her guardian and Lolu had to rush down to the school that same day he was called. He wasn’t satisfied with the treatment they were giving her so he took her back to Lagos for proper treatment.
Imade was admitted in the hospital for ten days, Peju do stop at the hospital in the evening when she returns from work. She couldn’t help but thank her husband for being there for her sister but Lolu had already taken Imade has her younger sister so it’s no big deal to him.
At the hospital, while Imade was still on admission, the couple realized that the hostel life didn’t augur well with Imade.
“Lolu, I think we should just get her a clean apartment off campus. You know Imade is not used to that kind of life, that hostel is somehow, I don’t like that environment at all.” Peju who knew the hostel well even before Imade gained admission into that school complained.
“I know……and I understand but I don’t like the idea of her staying alone.”
“If that is the case, we can ask Imade to look for someone who can live with her once we get the apartment, a female preferably.”
“Okay, I think that is better.” Lolu agreed.
The couple planned on getting her an accommodation and Lolu started working on it right from the hospital since they don’t want her to go back to the hostel. He had some contact in that town and in a matter of days they were able to get a two bedroom flat, all the self-contained apartment are all occupied by students, so the flat was the only apartment that was readily available. The agent informed Lolu that there is a female student who needed a room in a flat too. So, Imade will be sharing the two bedroom flat with another female student in her school so they need not to search for a roommate again, one is already on ground.
Lolu wired the money to the agent, he also sent money for the cleaning of the place so that Imade will just move in straight into the apartment once she leaves the hospital. Lolu instructed the agent to get a cleaning agent company who came over to do a thorough cleaning of the whole house and its surrounding, not just the room where Imade will be staying but the whole flat. The cleaning agent did their job and also fumigated the place.
Lastly, the flat was painted, making it look brand new. Luckily for Imade, one of the rooms is a master bedroom, it has its own toilet and bathroom, so since she was the first to pay she will be the one to take the master bedroom although the pay is higher than the other room.
That been settled, Imade moved into the house some days after her discharge from the hospital. It was Lolu who helped her with the packing of her belongings from the school hostel into her new lodge. He helped her settle in and arranged all her things, she was not too strong for all that since she was discharged from the hospital a couple of days ago.
Finally, Lolu and Imade met with the flat mate, Sarah by name. They introduced themselves and Sarah did not forget to thank them for the painting and cleaning the whole place, the whole place was sparkling clean.
“I was told you people paid the agent to help with the cleaning.” Sarah said.
“That’s my uncle’s doing.” Imade chipped in, pointing to Lolu.”
“Oh! Thank you so much sir.” Sarah bowed.
“You are most welcome.” He replied with a smile. “Please can I have your number, just in case? This girl is just a baby,” He said pointing to Imade. “I may call you to ask how she’s faring.” He stated.
“No problem sir.” Sarah smiled and dictated her number.
“Thank you.” Lolu brought out his wallet. “I’ll be leaving anytime soon, so you two should take care of yourselves.” He said and handed Sarah some cash. She smiled and collected it with all gratitude. Few hours later after fixing all that is needed to be fixed, Lolu left and travelled back to Lagos.

4 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by iamdynamite(m): 4:00pm On Jan 04, 2023
please come and continue, i am loving this story

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 6:05pm On Jan 04, 2023
iamdynamite:
please come and continue, i am loving this story
Thanks for following......
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 6:28pm On Jan 04, 2023
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

Chapter 3b
Months later, the friendship between Imade and her flatmate, Sarah had really grown, they shared everything in common. Sarah had the opportunity of meeting Peju few weeks back. Peju was on leave and decided to pay her kid sister a visit in school. Imade also get to meet Sarah’s mum. There is this wonderful cousin of Sarah named, Yomade. Yomade is a definition of a perfect guy, they are both level mate but he schooled in another university not too far from theirs, his school is just thirty minutes driving distance from theirs, so he always comes around monthly.
Yomade is very friendly and relates well with people, in the course of coming to visit his cousin in school, he had become friends with Imade. Whenever Yomade is around, the three spent most of their weekend together gisting, they talked about so many things including relationships, academics and life in general.
There was a day, Peju and her husband visited together, that was the first time the couple came together. When they were leaving, Lolu knocked on Sarah’s door and she opened. Yomade also came out with her.
“You are leaving?” Sarah asked.
“Yes, my wife and I have tried nau…” Lolu said and Sarah and Yomade looked at each other. “We’ve been here since morning.” Lolu pointed out.
“True….true sir. I wish the both of you safe trip.” She said and Imade came out of her room and joined them.
“You guys should take care of yourself.” Peju said and they left while Imade saw them off to the car.
It was that day that the two cousins, Sarah and Yomade got to know that uncle Lolu is Imade’s brother in-law, they never knew until that day when Lolu referred to Imade’s sister as his wife. Yomade and Sarah had to ask Imade questions when the couple left for more clarification. They wanted to go to Imade’s room but she came over to their place first and she came in with a plastic bag.
“These are for you, I was told to give you this.” Imade said referring to the plastic bag she placed on the reading table inside the room. Sarah and her cousin thanked her.
“Imade, uncle Lolu is your sister’s husband?” Yomade asked curiously.
“Yes, he is my brother in-law.”
“Wow! The two cousins chorused.
“If what you just said is true then uncle Lolu deserves a medal.” Sarah declared.
“Yeah! The best brother in-law in the whole universe.” Yomade added.
“You can say that again.” Imade smiled.
“Until today, we thought he is your Uncle while Aunty Peju is your blood sister we never knew they were married.” Sarah stated.
“I know its confusing since I call him uncle but that is normal in Nigeria, we even refer to non-family members as uncle.”
“You are right about that.” Yomade agreed. “Even school teacher is an uncle or aunty in this part of the world. He added but the look on Sarah’s face showed she was still trying to process everything.
“This thing is still surprising o, what I know before now is that you are living with uncle Lolu, and that is why he always come visiting and your sister, I mean aunty Peju is married to another person and always busy with work and that is why she doesn’t have the time to visit.” Sarah explained.
“Eyah…I never knew that was your assumption o.” Imade replied.
“In fact there was day, I wanted to ask you about his wife but I just kept quiet about it.”
“True, you even told me about it.” Yomade attested to what Sarah said.
Imade explained things to them and they cleared the issues. “Sincerely, uncle Lolu has been everything to me ever since I moved in with them.”
“He is indeed wonderful, see the way he even treated we your friends too. May God continue to bless and keep him.” Sarah prayed.
“Amen.” Everyone chorused. They closed the gist with that and everyone went back to their rooms to sleep because it was already late in the night.
This was how the friendship among these three continue to wax stronger. By the time they were in three hundred level, they already knew virtually everything about themselves.
Sarah is the only child of her mother, her father had to marry a second wife when her mum couldn’t give birth to another child. The second wife made the house so unbearable for Sarah and her mum. Sarah hates going home because of this and that is why she is close to Yomade’s family right from when she was a little girl. Yomade’s father and Sarah’s mother are siblings and since Yomade and Sarah are age mate, this made them very close right from childhood. Yomade on the other hand, has a younger sister named Shammah and he doesn’t joke with her. As for Imade, the only family she can boast of having is Lolu and her sister.
Yomade came visiting as usual. They all sat in the sitting room which is their common room, that’s their place of gist especially at night. Though they go to each other’s room once in a while but they normally spend quality time together when they both converge at the sitting room. The only thing in the sitting room was a three seater leather chair that Lolu got for them. They also have plastic chairs in their room which they normally bring out if they feel like sitting on a separate chairs, they do this most times when they want to play games.
As for relationship, Imade is not dating, infact she had never dated any guy in her life. Sarah too is not dating as at that time. This made Imade comfortable since the two of them are facing their study and at least avoid boyfriend drama. But one day, as they gist, Imade was shocked when she found out from Yomade himself that he is not in a relationship as well.
“Sarah, please tell me Yomade is lying.” Imade said to her friend.
“He’s not lying. Although he was, until few months ago. He broke up with the girl.” Sarah explained.
“Oh! Fine boy, so you are going about breaking people’s heart abi? Wahala for girls who crave for tall, dark and handsome guys o.” Imade teased.
“It’s not what you think Imade, it’s kind of complicated.” Yomade stated.
“Hmm…complicated indeed.” Then Yomade tackled her.
“What about you, you are not in a relationship at all, at least I gave it a trial, and it’s just that it didn’t work out.”
“Now you are tackling me right. Anyways, I only have just two people in my life before I met this wonderful people before me,” Imade gestured with her hand. Yomade and Sarah smiled and she continued. “So allowing another person into my life in the name of relationship is something strange to me. You are now four in my life and I think I want it that way.” She explained herself. And since Imade had already told her friends the story of her life, how she was maltreated when she was living with her uncle, they understand the reason why she was finding it hard to trust other people.
“We understand you perfectly well but you just have to give it a trial, there are still good guys that we treat you well even more than the way your sister and her husband treat you.” Sarah said and Yomade agreed with her.
“See who is talking,” Imade said turning to face Sarah. “Are we not in the same boat?”
“My case is different, you can’t un……”
Imade’s phone rang, interrupting Sarah, it was Lolu that was calling. “My uncle.” She informed them.
“Your brother in-law.” Yomade corrected with a smile plastered on his face.
“Whatever, he is sha my uncle.” She countered and eyed him.
“By the way, it’s been long he visited. Send my regards.” Sarah said.
“Pick your call, it’s late already, let’s call it a night.” Yomade said and they all left the sitting room as Imade picked her call.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by YoungBruzzy(m): 8:27pm On Jan 04, 2023
Thanks for the updates ma’am
I am suspecting this Yomade of a guy, I hope he is not out to deceive or lure Imade into any relationship, wahala go shele oh cos Imade is precious to us �
And I want me some Uncle Lolu as well, but all my Uncles are fish head. All what they know how to do is to keep posting someone sad sad
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:52am On Jan 05, 2023
YoungBruzzy:
Thanks for the updates ma’am
I am suspecting this Yomade of a guy, I hope he is not out to deceive or lure Imade into any relationship, wahala go shele oh cos Imade is precious to us �
And I want me some Uncle Lolu as well, but all my Uncles are fish head. All what they know how to do is to keep posting someone sad sad
Eyah.....So you need Uncles like Uncle Lolu. It is well.

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:53am On Jan 05, 2023
CHAPTER 4
Imade noticed her brother in-law has stopped visiting, even Sarah noticed too and she kept on asking her.
“Imade, hope uncle Lolu is fine, he has not been here since the beginning of this semester that he brought you to school and the semester is almost over and he hasn’t visited once.” She stated.
“Maybe he’s busy, but we talk on phone almost everyday sha.”
“If you still talk on phone that means you guys are good because I’m already having ideas in my head.”
“What kind of idea?” Imade asked.
“Family problems nau…maybe you offend him or something.”
“I thought about that too, but we’ve never had issues. And even if he had to scold me for doing something wrong, I apologize and we move on immediately.”
“Are you sure?”
“Sincerely, I’ve been a good girl lately even my sister hardly complain about me.”
“Let’s stop assuming things then, like you said earlier, let’s believe that he is busy.” Sarah said and Imade shrugged.
A week later, Lolu was in town where Imade schooled, his childhood friend, Akin invited him for his younger brother’s wedding. Lolu had no choice, he just had to honour his friend’s invite. He got to the place very early on Saturday morning just to be there for his friend; Akin.
By the way, Lolu had already made up his mind even before he left Lagos that he won’t stop by at Imade’s place. His wife, Peju even asked if he will check on Imade but he said he won’t. Peju was surprised at his response but because Lolu was already set to leave that morning, she decided not to push further. The truth is that Peju too noticed that he had stopped visiting her sister in school unlike before when he used to visit her often but since he was still the one sending her allowance, she believed the two are good.
At the wedding reception, which was almost over, it’s just the newly weds who were still dancing with their friends, Lolu announced to his friend that he was leaving, that was around 5pm and he had to travel back to Lagos.
“My Gee……” Akin shook hands with Lolu. “I really appreciate you coming down to grace this wedding, it means a lot.”
“It’s nothing bro.”
“And thanks for the money you sent to us, I also deliver your message to the groom.”
“All thanks to God.” Lolu replied. Akin’s wife; Nancy also joined them, they exchanged greetings. Nancy also thanked him for coming and for the money he sent. A woman called on Nancy, she responded that she will soon join her and then she quickly turned to her husband’s friend.
“Uncle Lolu when are you leaving?” Nancy asked.
“I should be on my way now.” He responded. That same woman called Nancy again, then Akin turned to his wife.
“Go answer her, I think it’s urgent, I will take care of my friend.”
“Okay.” Akin’s wife replied. “Uncle Lolu please drive safe.”
“I will.” He gave her a side hug and then she run along. “I should leave too.” Lolu said to his friend.
“Okay but hold on let me get your sourveniers, I mean for you and your wife.” Akin said and left. He returned and handed him the sourveniers. He checked and he realized that he even packed food and drinks as take away.
“Aww….You even packed jollof rice. And I know someone would be happy to see this o…..”
“Your wife?” Akin asked.
“No, Imade.”
“I thought Imade is in school.”
“Yes, she schools around here.”
“Oh! I think I remember.”
“That means I have to stop at her place even though it was not in my plan.”
“You should have invited her over then.”
“Hmm…the thing is that I just want to come to the wedding and leave quietly without alerting her.” He explained.
“Hold on, let me get something for her as well.” He left and returned with another sourvenier pack. He handed it over to Lolu.
“You shouldn’t have bothered, you know, I planned to give her mine but thanks by the way.” Lolu said with a smile. Akin studied Lolu’s face.
“You really care about her.”
“I think everyone knows that.” He grinned. Akin’s eyes were still fixed on him.
“I hope your wife is okay with all the attention you give to this girl.”
“Okay as how? Imade is her kid sister.”
“It doesn’t matter, some women are even jealous of their daughters when their husband give the child too much attention.”
“I understand you perfectly but the truth is that I’m keeping my distance already.” Lolu slipped, he shouldn’t have said that out.
“Hmm…..you are keeping your distance. It’s there more to this ore? (Friend)”
“It’s nothing, let’s drop it.”
“Lolu!! You know we both know each other very…..well.” He paused and took a deep breath. “Does she knows?” Akin asked, Lolu bowed his head slightly. “Jesus! The feeling is mutual. Damn it.”
Lolu raised his head and looked into his friend’s eyes. “No…no….”
“You mean?” Akin arched his head waiting for clarification.
“I mean, I doubt if it’s mutual.”
“Fine! But you have to act and I mean fast, you must bury that feelings.”
“That I will do. Thanks.”
Akin held his friend’s right shoulder. “Lolu, I know you genuinely care for Imade but you must know where to draw the line.”
“I’m doing that already.”
“Good! I should let you take your leave now since you are still going to stop at Iyawo kekere’s (little wife) place.”
“Now you are sounding judgemental.” Lolu protested.
“You know I can never do that to you. I just wanted to lighten the mood.” Akin replied him and then walked him up to the parking lot, they hugged each other and Akin waited till he drove out of the place. Akin shook his head, he knew how hard it is for a man to fight such temptation especially when you are totally into that person, he had once gone through that phase in his marriage but with God’s help he overcame.

6 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by iamdynamite(m): 12:46pm On Jan 05, 2023
rachealfst:
CHAPTER 4
Imade noticed her brother in-law has stopped visiting, even Sarah noticed too and she kept on asking her.
“Imade, hope uncle Lolu is fine, he has not been here since the beginning of this semester that he brought you to school and the semester is almost over and he hasn’t visited once.” She stated.
“Maybe he’s busy, but we talk on phone almost everyday sha.”
“If you still talk on phone that means you guys are good because I’m already having ideas in my head.”
“What kind of idea?” Imade asked.
“Family problems nau…maybe you offend him or something.”
“I thought about that too, but we’ve never had issues. And even if he had to scold me for doing something wrong, I apologize and we move on immediately.”
“Are you sure?”
“Sincerely, I’ve been a good girl lately even my sister hardly complain about me.”
“Let’s stop assuming things then, like you said earlier, let’s believe that he is busy.” Sarah said and Imade shrugged.
A week later, Lolu was in town where Imade schooled, his childhood friend, Akin invited him for his younger brother’s wedding. Lolu had no choice, he just had to honour his friend’s invite. He got to the place very early on Saturday morning just to be there for his friend; Akin.
By the way, Lolu had already made up his mind even before he left Lagos that he won’t stop by at Imade’s place. His wife, Peju even asked if he will check on Imade but he said he won’t. Peju was surprised at his response but because Lolu was already set to leave that morning, she decided not to push further. The truth is that Peju too noticed that he had stopped visiting her sister in school unlike before when he used to visit her often but since he was still the one sending her allowance, she believed the two are good.
At the wedding reception, which was almost over, it’s just the newly weds who were still dancing with their friends, Lolu announced to his friend that he was leaving, that was around 5pm and he had to travel back to Lagos.
“My Gee……” Akin shook hands with Lolu. “I really appreciate you coming down to grace this wedding, it means a lot.”
“It’s nothing bro.”
“And thanks for the money you sent to us, I also deliver your message to the groom.”
“All thanks to God.” Lolu replied. Akin’s wife; Nancy also joined them, they exchanged greetings. Nancy also thanked him for coming and for the money he sent. A woman called on Nancy, she responded that she will soon join her and then she quickly turned to her husband’s friend.
“Uncle Lolu when are you leaving?” Nancy asked.
“I should be on my way now.” He responded. That same woman called Nancy again, then Akin turned to his wife.
“Go answer her, I think it’s urgent, I will take care of my friend.”
“Okay.” Akin’s wife replied. “Uncle Lolu please drive safe.”
“I will.” He gave her a side hug and then she run along. “I should leave too.” Lolu said to his friend.
“Okay but hold on let me get your sourveniers, I mean for you and your wife.” Akin said and left. He returned and handed him the sourveniers. He checked and he realized that he even packed food and drinks as take away.
“Aww….You even packed jollof rice. And I know someone would be happy to see this o…..”
“Your wife?” Akin asked.
“No, Imade.”
“I thought Imade is in school.”
“Yes, she schools around here.”
“Oh! I think I remember.”
“That means I have to stop at her place even though it was not in my plan.”
“You should have invited her over then.”
“Hmm…the thing is that I just want to come to the wedding and leave quietly without alerting her.” He explained.
“Hold on, let me get something for her as well.” He left and returned with another sourvenier pack. He handed it over to Lolu.
“You shouldn’t have bothered, you know, I planned to give her mine but thanks by the way.” Lolu said with a smile. Akin studied Lolu’s face.
“You really care about her.”
“I think everyone knows that.” He grinned. Akin’s eyes were still fixed on him.
“I hope your wife is okay with all the attention you give to this girl.”
“Okay as how? Imade is her kid sister.”
“It doesn’t matter, some women are even jealous of their daughters when their husband give the child too much attention.”
“I understand you perfectly but the truth is that I’m keeping my distance already.” Lolu slipped, he shouldn’t have said that out.
“Hmm…..you are keeping your distance. It’s there more to this ore? (Friend)”
“It’s nothing, let’s drop it.”
“Lolu!! You know we both know each other very…..well.” He paused and took a deep breath. “Does she knows?” Akin asked, Lolu bowed his head slightly. “Jesus! The feeling is mutual. Damn it.”
Lolu raised his head and looked into his friend’s eyes. “No…no….”
“You mean?” Akin arched his head waiting for clarification.
“I mean, I doubt if it’s mutual.”
“Fine! But you have to act and I mean fast, you must bury that feelings.”
“That I will do. Thanks.”
Akin held his friend’s right shoulder. “Lolu, I know you genuinely care for Imade but you must know where to draw the line.”
“I’m doing that already.”
“Good! I should let you take your leave now since you are still going to stop at Iyawo kekere’s (little wife) place.”
“Now you are sounding judgemental.” Lolu protested.
“You know I can never do that to you. I just wanted to lighten the mood.” Akin replied him and then walked him up to the parking lot, they hugged each other and Akin waited till he drove out of the place. Akin shook his head, he knew how hard it is for a man to fight such temptation especially when you are totally into that person, he had once gone through that phase in his marriage but with God’s help he overcame.
Uncle lolu, abeg kill that feelings..don't ruin such a good relationship you already have with imade

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Calenikan(m): 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2023
This last update deep o

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by YoungBruzzy(m): 4:17pm On Jan 05, 2023
rachealfst:
Eyah.....So you need Uncles like Uncle Lolu. It is well.
I do oh biko �
Thanks for the update ma’am

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
iamdynamite:
Uncle lolu, abeg kill that feelings..don't ruin such a good relationship you already have with imade
Abi o.... let's beg him o.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:55pm On Jan 05, 2023
Calenikan:
This last update deep o
Thanks for following

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 5:56pm On Jan 05, 2023
YoungBruzzy:

I do oh biko �
Thanks for the update ma’am
You're welcome sir.

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:18am On Jan 06, 2023
HERS NOT MINE
Written by Toyin Taiwo

Chapter 4b
While Lolu was driving, the word ‘Iyawo kekere’ kept on ringing in his head. His head was filled with everything Akin said. ‘I know you genuinely care for Imade but you must know where to draw the line.’ Those words kept re-echoing in his head. He had to play some music on the car sound system to distract himself.
Lolu stopped in front of Imade’s apartment and turned off the car engine. Then he called her on phone.
“Hi.”
“Hi uncle Lolu.”
“Where are you?”
“I’m in my room. Why do you ask?”
“I’m outside. Can you please come out?”
“Uncle Lolu, I know you are trying to keep your distance and guess what? I’m fine with it.”
Lolu pretended as if he did not hear her. “I just want to deliver something, I will leave right away.”
“Uncle Lolu just leave, there’s nothing you want to give me that I can’t afford to buy. At least, I get a fat allowance from you every month.”
“You think money can buy what I brought right, we’ll see to that when you come out. And please make it snappy, I need to hit the road.” He disconnected the call and waited for her in the car.
Imade stood up and put on something decent. She went to Sarah’s room, she knocked and she was told to enter.
“I want to step out for a bit, uncle Lolu is outside.” Imade informed Sarah.
“He’s not coming in?”
“I think he is in a hurry; he just want to drop something anyway.”
“Okay then, my regards.” Imade nodded and left Sarah’s room.
One of the many things Lolu taught her is never to leave the house without telling someone your whereabout. Just like the saying, ‘I’m coming is not an address.’
Imade walked to the car and entered, she greeted him and he replied her. Taking a keen look at her brother in-law, Imade knew immediately that he was coming from a party, he was wearing a native attire with a matching aso-oke cap.
“You have owambe around here?” She asked.
“Yeah and I brought you this.” He reached out to the back seat and gave her the sourvenier pack, she checked and then saw the food.
“Party jollof rice!” Her eyes widened with excitement. She was even dancing on the seat without music.
“Now can money buy you party jollof rice?” Lolu questioned.
“Uncle Lolu you are a darli…….” She was about to hug him but she stopped; Lolu just shrugged.
He reached out and picked another sourvenier pack from the back seat and handed it to her.
“Akin said I should give you that.”
“You met at the function?”
“It’s his younger brother’s wedding.” He informed.
“Oh, thank him for me.”
“I will, I should go now. Regards to Sarah.”
“She sent her greetings too.”
“Okay, please share some of those things with her. I trust you sha.”
“Of course I will.” She smiles. “You should go, it’s getting late. Regards to my sister and please drive safe.”
“I will, thanks.” He replied. She alighted and went back in without looking back.
Lolu got to Lagos around 9pm, his wife received him well, he delivered Akin’s message when he handed her the sourvenier pack and after he had showered and settled down, he told Peju that he eventually stopped at Imade’s place.
“So I was even worried for nothing. Thank God you two are good.” She said but Lolu didn’t say anything. He just went straight to bed with regret, he shouldn’t have stopped at Imade’s place, seeing her that day was like going back to square one after trying to avoid her for months.

9 Likes

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by aprilwise(m): 7:13pm On Jan 06, 2023
This a dangerous feelings

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2023
aprilwise:
This a dangerous feelings
Welcome on board...
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by peejaylemmy(f): 9:53pm On Jan 06, 2023
Lolu you better bury the feelings......

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by Ann2012(f): 6:20am On Jan 07, 2023
Dangerous feeling ……

I don pitch my tent here.
Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:25am On Jan 07, 2023
Ann2012:
Dangerous feeling ……

I don pitch my tent here.
Welcome on board.....

1 Like

Re: HERS NOT MINE By Toyin Taiwo by rachealfst(f): 9:25am On Jan 07, 2023
peejaylemmy:
Lolu you better bury the feelings......
Hmm....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigeria: Report Indicts Nigerian Poet For Molesting 19 'daughters' / Nnedi Okorafor Wins Hugo Award. Becomes First Nigerian To Win That / John Mahama Receives Godspower Oshodin, Nigerian Poet (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 178
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.