Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:37 AM

How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves (15822 Views)

Ogbono Soup With Step By Step Pics / How I Cook Special Ogbono Soup That Make People Bite Their Fingers (pic & Video) / Ogbono Soup, With Fufu Or Eba? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by Favour315(f): 5:37pm On Jan 03, 2023
The common Oha/ora soup everyone knows is prepared using cocoyam paste or achi. Many people are still missing out on this particular method of cooking Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves. That is why I have put up this video just so you know that there are still other ways of cooking Ogbono or oha. Meanwhile I used freshly plucked Oha �. From the tree straight to the pot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9lyeCoMyT8

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by Candidlady: 5:53pm On Jan 03, 2023
hope you are not cooking this meal for any man

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by Favour315(f): 6:10pm On Jan 03, 2023
Candidlady:
I actually cooked it for my entire family in the villa

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by T0BY(m): 6:16pm On Jan 03, 2023
Weldone

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by Candidlady: 6:17pm On Jan 03, 2023
Favour315:

I actually cooked it for my entire family in the villa

very good

please the males in the house should fetch their meal emselves and make it a small portion .. e get why

https://www.nairaland.com/7505680/brief-dietary-recall-how-wife/15#119674561

the soup looks enticing btw

4 Likes

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by doggedfighter(f): 6:24pm On Jan 03, 2023
Candidlady:

Trouble maker grin

You don't want another dietary recall. grin

This kind of cooking is always too stressful for me.

I avoid it .

Nice cooking. I will try ora and ogbono this week. I want to taste the difference between this and ogbono and Ugu.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by gaby(m): 6:27pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kai....see soup as e fresh.

I was craving this beautiful meal with some smoothly pounded steaming yam on new year's day but alas....It made me grumpy all day not being able to conjure one.
God dey sha

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by Ancecoker(m): 6:53pm On Jan 03, 2023
grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by mariahAngel(f): 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2023
Oh my gawd!
It's the village outdoor cooking for me.

Nlfpmod run come see.

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by JoeNL22(m): 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2023
Let me learn. I want to cook it for this man below during & after the elections.

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by franksam2009: 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2023
Disgusting
Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by Sheistoopretty(f): 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2023
There is no big deal here, just replace the ugu with Ohaa Leaves and that's all na undecided

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by VawulenceProMax: 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2023
Candidlady:
I need to have you smoke Colorado in my new house

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by lomprico(m): 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2023
I know how to cook it. Just add oha to the already cooked soup tongue
Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by Dshocker(m): 6:54pm On Jan 03, 2023
Favour315:
The common Oha/ora soup everyone knows is prepared using cocoyam paste or achi. Many people are still missing out on this particular method of cooking Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves. That is why I have put up this video just so you know that there are still other ways of cooking Ogbono or oha. Meanwhile I used freshly plucked Oha �. From the tree straight to the pot

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9lyeCoMyT8

What type of combination is this kwanu?
Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by brain54(m): 6:55pm On Jan 03, 2023
Omo…

I don miss this kian food here o!

Na so so banku and pepper I Dey chop for here.

Sometimes on special occasions garden egg.

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by Kasdat5(m): 6:56pm On Jan 03, 2023
Favour315 , you get younger sister ??

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by JooEeL(m): 6:56pm On Jan 03, 2023
Hi Favour315.

I cooked an ogbono about 2 weeks ago and it didn't draw at all. And its the same store I always buy.

Pls why was that?

I usually put the ogbono in a glass bowl, then add red oil then mix.

Then add to boiling water then stir until it begins to draw. Then I later add vegetables, already boiled stockfish, iru, maggi, crayfish etc.

So why e been no draw na? undecided O su mi o.

P.S You mentioned that the pot should be taken off fire and the ogbono mixed to maintain its "drawing-ness". So how long off the fire should it be taken.

Also u could place a table around u where u put all ur ingredients instead of having them all over d place. Ooshey kiss.

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by Mindlog: 6:56pm On Jan 03, 2023
Miss plucking oha leaves, straight from its tree.....love the rural setting of the video. cheesy

I do also use achi instead of cocoyam.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by Richy4(m): 6:57pm On Jan 03, 2023
franksam2009:
Disgusting
Please Stop forming sad

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by Candidlady: 6:57pm On Jan 03, 2023
doggedfighter:

Trouble maker grin

You don't want another dietary recall. grin
sis icome in peace
just a friendly advice lol

happy new year to you

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by mariahAngel(f): 6:57pm On Jan 03, 2023
brain54:
Omo…

I don miss this kian food here o!

Hahahahahahaha
E be like say make you run go your village, abi? grin
Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by Angelfrost(m): 6:57pm On Jan 03, 2023
Looks good!...

E don tay wey I chop village food prepared in open air kitchen!

Village life na life Sha... God punish politicians wey don turn our communities to centers of violence and bloodshed.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by Houseofglam7(f): 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2023
cool
Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by brain54(m): 6:58pm On Jan 03, 2023
mariahAngel:

Hahahahahahaha
E be like say make you run go your village, abi? grin
If wishes were horses…

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by UselessBuharist: 6:59pm On Jan 03, 2023
Candidlady:

Whisk man wan eat from that kind dirty environment
Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by doggedfighter(f): 7:00pm On Jan 03, 2023
Candidlady:

sis icome in peace

just a friendly advice lol

happy new year to you

Happy new year too, babe grin
Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by silibaba: 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2023
Sheistoopretty:
There is no big deal here, just replace the ugu with Ohaa Leaves and that's all na undecided

You think so?

The secret of of my good cooking is the Secret.
Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by Juanmike(m): 7:01pm On Jan 03, 2023
Blasphemy
Show us how to cook bitterleaf soup with curry leaf.
Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by Favour315(f): 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2023
JooEeL:
Hi Favour315.

I cooked an ogbono about 2 weeks ago and it didn't draw at all. And its the same store I always buy.

Pls why was that?

I usually put the ogbono in a glass bowl, then add red oil then mix.

Then add to boiling water then stir until it begins to draw. Then I later add vegetables, already boiled stockfish, iru, maggi, crayfish etc.

So why e been no draw na? undecided O su mi o.
There are two types of ogbono, ujuru and ado. Ado draws better than ujuru. If it's the same method you have been using and getting good results, it might be that you bought the ujuru type

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by doggedfighter(f): 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2023
Re: How To Cook Ogbono Soup With Oha Leaves by Favour315(f): 7:03pm On Jan 03, 2023
Kasdat5:
Favour315 , you get younger sister ??
Lols

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Easy Puff Puff Recipe In My Kitchen (pics &video) / Cakes By Marie / 6 Myths About Hangovers Dispelled.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.