Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,837 members, 7,817,474 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:53 PM

Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) (18040 Views)

Which Would You Choose? State Your Reason(s) / Flour Mills Workers Stage Protest Outside The Company Seeking A Increased Salary / See The Company You Should Never Accept Their Job Offer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Nobody: 2:55pm On Jan 04, 2023
QuinModah:
[/font]

As glamorous a club looks like, it is not a sustainable business for the long term but you will have lot of tips and hospitality expereince.

Nigeria's tech biz is very disorganized especially those ones without foreign funding, they promise heaven and earth and never deliver on it.

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by concho(m): 2:55pm On Jan 04, 2023
Neddyogu:

Per Annum
lol
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Allisgud: 2:59pm On Jan 04, 2023
Which club Chelsea abi na psg
Dey play o dey play

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Teel012(m): 3:11pm On Jan 04, 2023
QuinModah:
[/font]

My brother, I don't understand, why u're stressing urself ooo. Look at it this way -
1. Club manager- flexible working hours.
A. U're d manager, so you have the freedom.
B. The working hour is flexible,no club operates during the day.
C. Pay is good.
2. Tech company- more rigid working hours.
A. No freedom like d first one.
B. You only work during the day.
C. Pay is great and there's room for growth.
In conclusion my brother, take both and outsource the club own to someone capable, pay him/her half of the salary, just make sure you oversee the affairs and get reports every week. Also go there impromptu to see how the work is going. And focus on the tech company job as 9-5.

P.s, if u need help with the club, you can call me.

2 Likes

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by cobby14(m): 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2023
A if you love night life. B if otherwise

2 Likes

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by bolabadmus38: 3:28pm On Jan 04, 2023
As I can understand, you have one certain offer. Take it while waiting for the other one.

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by rickleye: 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2023
QuinModah:
[/font]

TAKE OFFER B
TAKE OFFER B

You would find better networking offers in the office than club
Better working hours
There is continuity with the office, club you can get fired at any time even after a month. ( not secured)
Clubs - you get no vacation. With office you likely can get sick days and benefits.

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by AKWATGOLD1(m): 3:49pm On Jan 04, 2023
Option B is better that Option A based on my opinion:
1. The managerial post in company B will enable you to explore other tech savvy things because the company is tech company.
2. It will broaden your horizon in the job.
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by AMI3(m): 3:52pm On Jan 04, 2023
QuinModah:
[/font]

Op, is it " at this junction" ? Or " at this juncture"

Take at this juncture.
Thank u don't feel bad about my correction. I love u

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Laughingkk: 4:12pm On Jan 04, 2023
Show us evidence of the offer like employment letter or keep your LIES to yourself and your household

Cock and bull story
Fowl and cow story
Tales by moon light
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by just4fun(m): 4:14pm On Jan 04, 2023
QuinModah:
Why?

Yo can grow your career better than managing a club.

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Mekoyaw(m): 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2023
WTF!!! Are u for real which company in Nigeria pays that lump sum for such insignificant job roles.

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by oliverano: 4:20pm On Jan 04, 2023
QuinModah:
[/font]

At this JUNCTURE, not at this JUNCTION

You're welcome!

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Greattha: 4:42pm On Jan 04, 2023
udomonday:
don't go and use at this junction at the company o,so that they will not think that you are still a conductor.

Una no go kii person.

Oya correct am na.

You can't just criticize him and leave him hanging.

At the end of the day though, looking at some wealthy folk who can't speak English well, this saying a White BIG BOY once said to me comes to mind.

When Nigerians were busy making jest of Mama Patience Jonathan, the guy said...

Y'all pathetic. Y'all got the diction, she's got the dough".

That hit me like....wtf He's right you know?

2 Likes

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Greattha: 4:44pm On Jan 04, 2023
Mekoyaw:
WTF!!! Are u for real which company in Nigeria pays that lump sum for such insignificant job roles.

It could be p.a.

He didn't clarify.
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Obakoolex(m): 4:46pm On Jan 04, 2023
1.4 and 1.8 is that annual pay or monthly
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by TheGift: 4:59pm On Jan 04, 2023
QuinModah:
[/font]

On the face of it.

I would say you should go for the manager job as long as there is a letter.

Club can terminate at will
Club has no clear career path
Club management can be very volatile to
Manage with different types of customers and thieving staff as well as working hours
Manager in tech co. has more transferable skills
Manager in a tech company will keep you in touch with the trends and open up more opportunities for you
Tech people are easier to manage as there are less moving parts, storing drinks , counting drinks , taking stock, issuing receipts whether it's for bottles of champagne or one bottle of water etc.

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by AllDModsAreMaad: 5:04pm On Jan 04, 2023
HardMirror:
it could be per year. Most salaries are stated on annual pay. Besides 1.4m per month is no big deal. It is normal pay in many establishments especialy in lagos, na for your eye e look big.

Mr man, go and sit down somewhere please.

If to say you wise, you for reason the job title with the pay, and balance things up.

As long as the discussion is centered on Nigeria working environment, 1.4m/month is an above average salary and as such a big pay.

Normal pay in maybe less than 20 corporations doesn't make it a normal pay in the working environment, and even the 20 corporations go be those that pays in dollars and the pay will be their net pay sef and the receivers will be top-level employees of the corporations and not the low level ones.

I'm very sure your pay is not up to 300k or 500k at most, but here you're saying 1.4m/month na small change.

3 Likes

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by HardMirror(m): 5:25pm On Jan 04, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

Mr man, go and sit down somewhere please.

If to say you wise, you for reason the job title with the pay, and balance things up.

As long as the discussion is centered on Nigeria working environment, 1.4m/month is an above average salary and as such a big pay.

Normal pay in maybe less than 20 corporations doesn't make it a normal pay in the working environment, and even the 20 corporations go be those that pays in dollars and the pay will be their net pay sef and the receivers will be top-level employees of the corporations and not the low level ones.

I'm very sure your pay is not up to 300k or 500k at most, but here you're saying 1.4m/month na small change.
it is possible pay for a club manager. No point arguing with you. Have a nice day. Na you broke no be me. So enjoy your life.
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by bigstan11787(m): 5:32pm On Jan 04, 2023
You didn't tell us that the pay you mentioned are annual salary

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by AllDModsAreMaad: 5:38pm On Jan 04, 2023
HardMirror:
it is possible pay for a club manager. No point arguing with you. Have a nice day. Na you broke no be me. So enjoy your life.

If broke was a person, it would have been you.

Mention one club in surulere that can pay its manager 1.4m/month OR keep kwayet.

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by ULTIMATEKING(m): 5:38pm On Jan 04, 2023
The Second offer would be ideal, considering the career pattern.
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by HardMirror(m): 5:41pm On Jan 04, 2023
AllDModsAreMaad:

If broke was a person, it would have been you.

Mention one club in surulere that can pay its manager 1.4m/month OR keep kwayet.
chit chat on nairaland wont change reality. N1.4m per month is nothing. That is just $2000 per month. If you like knack head for ground.
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by osazsky(m): 5:54pm On Jan 04, 2023
Any one that comes first..seems the companys job is based on promises..my bro go club..a bird in hand is worth 3m in d forest have a nice day

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by seanwilliam(m): 6:10pm On Jan 04, 2023
Op, sorry do you mean 1.8m /1.4m per month?

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by yungchop: 6:21pm On Jan 04, 2023
IyaTola:
At this junction, you need any job don't be selective. Nigeria is rough right now.

Hello, didn't hear anything from you anymore? Were you using me to catch Cruise?
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by sneak3(m): 7:34pm On Jan 04, 2023
QuinModah:
[/font]

Take the Tech company.. Put eye for wet in dem de do, learn and develop yourself. Tech is the way. This is actually a no brainer. It's straight forward decision.

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by kingmsookwagh(m): 7:58pm On Jan 04, 2023
Look out for job security first.

That's the most important...
Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by vickydevoka(m): 9:09pm On Jan 04, 2023
QuinModah:
State your reason
Try save money, n Sabi people u no regret am

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by Aklee4994(m): 11:10pm On Jan 04, 2023
QuinModah:
[/font]
1.where do you leave
2.Are you a single mother or married
3.Which one of the job are you rooting for before the offer

I would have say you should go for the intellectual one that will grow you in person and sanity but unfortunately Na social way the government put us.

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by AllDModsAreMaad: 11:17pm On Jan 04, 2023
HardMirror:
chit chat on nairaland wont change reality. N1.4m per month is nothing. That is just $2000 per month. If you like knack head for ground.

I said you're a fo ol seh.

How much is the salary of a professor, director in the ministry, permanent secretary, and so on, that made you call that normal salary.
Even CMDs in health sectors don't earn that.

If not that I don't have time for fo ols, I would have searched for the list of most paid CEOs in Nigeria, for you to see.

Even if it's 2000 dollars, we know Nigeria's naira is currently weak against the dollar.

1 Like

Re: Which Would You Go For- A Club Or The Company? & States Your Reason(s) by QuinModah(f): 11:37pm On Jan 04, 2023
Aklee4994:
1.where do you leave
2.Are you a single mother or married
3.Which one of the job are you rooting for before the offer

I would have say you should go for the intellectual one that will grow you in person and sanity but unfortunately Na social way the government put us.
1. Alimosho
2. Married
3. B but it comes with marketing but job has no benefits

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

KCA Deutag: Graduate Operations Engineer 2014 / Fcmb Treating Staffs As Slaves / Apply For The Barclays Africa Graduate Programme 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.