Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,475 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Is This A Scam Or .......... - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is This A Scam Or .......... (597 Views)

Is River Ranch Site A Scam Or Legit? / Afrbtc.com Is A Scam / Smile2wealth: Scam Or Real? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is This A Scam Or .......... by yusufdayo1: 2:00am On Jan 08, 2023
I am sorry to bore you for this long write up, I don't know if anybody here has encountered this experience.
One Jociane Idress from cote d'voire sent an email to me that she is a widow and her husband left a huge sum of money and that she has a terminal sickness and that she just have 50% chances for her to survive. She also mentioned that she has a daughter and she will transfer the money to me but the 80% out of the money will be for her daughter's education and the remaining will be for my own compensation.
I decided to play along and this was our chat:

Me:. May God repose the soul of the departed. I stay in Nigeria and it depends on your daughter if she wants to school here. Let's start from there.

Jociane Idress:Dear Sir,

Thank you for your swift response, I was unable to get back to you in time because of issue of my health making it imposable to monitor my email, Sir I have discuss with my daughter and she is happy to come over to your country to further her education also I will be appreciate you reassured me that you will be honest with me and this fund transfer to enable me give you my working plan

Waiting for your swift response

Sisterly Yours
Re: Is This A Scam Or .......... by yusufdayo1: 2:01am On Jan 08, 2023
me: I give you my words if you are honest with me.

Jociane Idress:
Dear Sir, 
Thanks so much for responding to my message, I believed you have understand my present health condition which I already stated in my previous mail, I had been in big pains for some days making it impossible to monitor my email usually ,I  thank God for making it possible for me today  owing to the fact that my health is so weak and delicate, as I will be undergoing another surgery operation soon and according to my doctors, the surgery will be 50/50 hence I don’t know what is going to happen during or after the operation

My greatest joy is to know that you have an open and sincere heart towards this project and with this I am happy that I will not be deceived or disappointed by confiding these projects into your hands. Knew that the projects I'm talking about are assist me claim the funds from the bank as my late husband foreign business partner, after you have received the fund into your account, you will adopt my only daughter to your country for continuation of her education, also I have map out 20% of the total fund for your compensation for helping my only daughter while the rest of 80% of the total fund will be wisely invested into a lucrative business venture in my daughter's name, my sprite have accepted you and I believe you will take good care of my daughter as your own daughter even if I am no more, I am very happy that the miracle links me to you because I believe my God will never mislead me in confiding this project into your hand. 

To begin, I would like you to give me the contact information about yourself as stated below so that I can advise you on the next steps

1.  Your Full Name
2. Geographic address
3. Your available Photo  
4. Your telephone number

As soon as I received this information I shall let you have the contact information of my Daughter such as her photo and my photo also to put you in contact with the bank for the processing of the fund transfer. should in case I went for operation, so that you will be communicating with her and she will be keeping you updated with the situation of things here, I have told her about you and she is so happy and she will be pleased to hear from you,

May God continue to bless us
Sisterly yours Jociane Idress.
Telephone +2250585629636
Re: Is This A Scam Or .......... by azidomedogo: 2:03am On Jan 08, 2023
Do these scammers still use this method ?

I thought this method is outdated !

Hello ops, it’s not real. PURE SCAM !

1 Like

Re: Is This A Scam Or .......... by yusufdayo1: 2:16am On Jan 08, 2023
although I gave her a fake contact information and she directed me to contact one omnifinance finicer (bank) through their email and the conversations goes thus;
Me: Josiane Idreese directed me to contact you which I believe you have been notified about the situation on groundgrin

omnifinance finicer;

Att, Sir,
This mail was officially serve to inform you, that we received your email, also considering the facts that our institutions have already been informed about this fund transfer by Mrs. Jociane Idress, accessing our communication with her means she want his late husband deposit fund to transfer to you for investments in your country as his late husband foreign business partner, according to her these decisions and announcements came months after she discover her present health condition fragile, which we received a copy of her present health doctors reports, we also have independently verify the situation about her on grand concerning her  health issue and her request to have access to our bank service, basic service including electronic telegraphic transfer of his late husband fund to you,

For your information, this account will be not access in any other bank or group of persons apart from our bank here, according to our banking policies, no fees will be deducted from the mentioned bank account until the fund is transferred directly into your designed bank account, which you will provide for us, concerning request for options, there are some options open to any of our clients who because one reason or the other cannot make it to our branch office in cote d`Ivoire, Option (1) would you want us to make a telegraphic transfer to your bank account? Option (2) would you like us to make your transfer with ATM /VISA CARD MONEY TRANSFER? With ATM CARD, you can withdraw your money anywhere in the world in your local currency your country, but the limit is $5000, 00USD per day. Anyone of the options you choose,

you are to provide us with the following, information below

1. You have to fill correctly to this letter and return it to us as stated. 2. Attach your photo page of your international passport or driver’s license or company National Id  also return it for us to have your true bank account details as stated below for the processing of the fund transfer into your account.

(1)Account Name: (2) Account Holder's Name: (3) Account Number: (4) Swift Codesad5)Bank Namesad6) Bank Addresssad7) Home Addresssadcool Phone Numbersad9) Driver's License:

Finally we are apparently referring this to you to understand that designated information that are requesting from you are very important for commence the fund transfer, therefore we shall appreciate that you give us maximum cooperation

Thanks.
Omnifinance service
Remittance department
email ominifinanace@financier.com
Tel: +225 0173642953.
Mr. Francis Wilfred.

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***The information contained in this communication, including attachments is privileged and confidential. It is intended only for the exclusive use of the addressee. Recipient, or employee client responsible for it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error please notify us by telephone immediately at +225 0173642953.or by reply e-ma
Re: Is This A Scam Or .......... by yusufdayo1: 2:56am On Jan 08, 2023
Continuation
me; Sequel to the letter, I have all the requirements except the swift code and driving license or the international passport.

Regards

omnifinance finicer: Sir,

Your mail has been receive and also I wish to use this opportunity to inform you to understand that with no swift code, there is no way you will received the fund into your account because swift code serve as the main root of the fund directly to your account, so I urge you to get your account swift code including attach id card for us to have true information to proceed the fund transfer

Best Regards

Mr. Francis Wilfred.

After this I google how they can use Swift code to do fraud and I saw numerous ways it can be used. So guys beware of this scam/Scammers.
Re: Is This A Scam Or .......... by yusufdayo1: 3:16am On Jan 08, 2023
grin
Re: Is This A Scam Or .......... by yusufdayo1: 3:20am On Jan 08, 2023
This was how she directed me to the bank

jociane idress: I am apologies for late response, it was due to  issue of my health.

however i am happy receiving your information, thank you for showing me love, interest and I promise you  as long as I live, you will be my best friend, also you will never regret meeting me in the first place, because you have took me as your sister with great love,

I managed to communicate deeply with the bank in charge of the transfer of the funds. Finally, I got in touch with general boards of directors through a conference call. After many discussing and explanations about my decision to transfer the fund to you as my partner for my daughter education and for investment purpose,

Our discussion went well and the bank promised to work with you for more directive regarding the processing of the fund transfer into your account, therefore you are advise to establish communication with the bank make me your reference by mention my name, you can as well make a call to the bank remittance department director Mr. Francis Wilfred +2250574919785 henceforth on dally bases.

Please be rest assured I have informed the director of remittance department, Mr. Francis Wilfred about you as my partner in respect of the fund transfer, he will be happy to welcome you and he make a promise  to work with you to ensure he guided  you with proper information for the procedures about  process the fund transfer, please establish communications to the bank immediately via the bank contacts information below.

Bank Omnifinance CI - OBCI

Boîte postale: 04. BP. 6254. Abidjan 04

Régionaobci: Swift Code: OMFNCIAB

Customer care operations International

Remittance Department: Mr. Francis Wilfred

E-mail   ominifinanace@financier.com

Tel: + +225 0173642953

Fax: +225 01736642954  

Please contact the bank, they will be waiting for your application message in order to give you details for the transfer process. Possible call the Bank once you send email for them to facilitate and follow up immediately. I will be going for Operation soon, I have already informed them, you are the right person as I am preparing for my upcoming surgery Operation, which I don’t know what will happen  after the operation but i am happy the fund and my only Daughter are in the self hand.

Finally bear this in mind my daughter has access to monitor my email, she will be communicating with you also she will be keeping you updated with the situation of things here, I have attached my Picture including my Daughter picture for you.

May God always bless us

Sisterly Yours

Mrs. Jociane Idress
Re: Is This A Scam Or .......... by sunnymighty(m): 3:23am On Jan 08, 2023
yusufdayo1:
grin

Scam written all over this story grin.
Re: Is This A Scam Or .......... by esbonge(m): 2:16pm On Jan 16, 2023
The also contacted me telling me the same thing. I am also going with the floor to see where we'll end.
grin
Re: Is This A Scam Or .......... by yusufdayo1: 8:02pm On Jan 16, 2023
esbonge:
The also contacted me telling me the same thing. I am also going with the floor to see where we'll end.
grin

You can update us when you're done with them
Re: Is This A Scam Or .......... by Cedar101: 2:46pm On Jan 21, 2023
I also got the same mail. But I'm sure it's scam

(1) (Reply)

2-Year-Old Girl Allegedly Stolen By Neighbour In Delta & Sold For N500K (Photo) / Fire Destroys Goods Worth Millions In Monday Market, Maiduguri. VIDEO / Africa's Bloodiest Coup: July 1966 [VIDEO]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.