Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,227 members, 7,829,387 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:54 AM

May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) (23673 Views)

Muslim, Sulaimon Faruq Prays For Pastor Adeboye (Video) / Deji Adeyanju Spotted At The COZA Protest, Composes A Song For Pastor Fatoyinbo / Man Bows For Pastor Sam Jaiyeola, Greets Him In Delta State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by 123papas(m): 8:21pm On Jan 10, 2023
Lanretoye:
The prayer point should be I you want your life to be stagnant and so perturbed like southeastern states despite the abundant resources say amen.
Useless prayer from igbo pastor,you pray for your life to be like that of someone else when you know little about his fortune or misfortune.if by productivity,credibility,popularity and fame I prefer my life to be like Tinubu that I support.but If na by uselessness,gross incompetence,unprogressive and crass irresponsibility,may my life never be like that of Peter obi you ever wonder why our brothers in the southeast go home every December with enough cash,cars and loads of gifts every December,only to return to southwest with one other chinedu or odinaka...or dont you know it is a prayer point for some of their parent that one of their uncles in lagos will come home by December and return to lagos with one of their sons.
may your children have Tinubu’s character in Jesus Name. Amen

2 Likes

Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by Misterone: 8:52pm On Jan 10, 2023
pacespot:

Without mincing words, I know you are a northerner. So because some youth are doing bad things, that is enough to paint all youths black? All these rituals you mention, don't we have old men doing them too?

The crux of my argument is that, youths are the change agents in any system all over the world, and Nigeria current system needs drastic changes and very fast.
replace the bold statement with the elderly and you have your answer. And as per you calling me a northerners because of my views, this is why the youths are not worth it. Instead of you arguing based on fact, you took the easiest way out by calling me a northerner. So all northerners want to the elderly while southerners want the youths, is that what you're saying?
We need change but not with the present nigerian youths. If you must know, Obi is not a youth. Youth is 50 and below
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by Ghostrye: 9:00pm On Jan 10, 2023
ShenTeh:
Ah Oga olopa ewo ntepe!
Amuni nje amuni, ewo tunni 'ooni bo mbe'?
Adura ni, kii se epe
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by Ghostrye: 9:01pm On Jan 10, 2023
Praktikals:
I dont want my child to be a Liar and thief like Peter Pandora (The lying machine).

Obi (61 years old) is not sharp. The other time he was saying Dino, stop it, like a slowpoke. And recently, his partner in the Labouring in vain Party (a.k.a Losers party) was crying on a national tv, like a bush baby.
Na Peter you wan vote for before? Say amen to the prayer and move aside, alainironu kobo
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by Lanretoye(m): 9:05pm On Jan 10, 2023
123papas:

may your children have Tinubu’s character in Jesus Name. Amen
and may the life of your own children be stagnant and unprogressive like your eastern states.
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by Praktikals(m): 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2023
Ghostrye:

Na Peter you wan vote for before? Say amen to the prayer and move aside, alainironu kobo
Shinedu!
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by dollytino4real(f): 9:22pm On Jan 10, 2023
Ayodeoba:
I say amen,I will vote tinubu
shikina
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by dollytino4real(f): 9:26pm On Jan 10, 2023
Okealaaye:

Amen, in capital letters. I'm supporting The Jagaban, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
very good

1 Like

Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by dollytino4real(f): 9:28pm On Jan 10, 2023
frugal:

Wonderful. Any parent would be proud to have their child turn out like Obi.
yes o! Handsome intelligent rich God fearing wetin a mother want again?
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by dollytino4real(f): 9:29pm On Jan 10, 2023
leketon:

Additional prayer...
May your boyfriend and husband be like your candidate too!
m husband no follow
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by Ghostrye: 10:20pm On Jan 10, 2023
Praktikals:
Shinedu!
Lol, for your tribalistic mind ba

1 Like

Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by Godsongang: 10:34pm On Jan 10, 2023
Hypocrites!!! Stupid set if people.
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by vatiqan(m): 12:33am On Jan 11, 2023
Uncle pastor, to bad!
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by EmmyDJourno: 8:53am On Jan 11, 2023
Okealaaye:

Why should that be a bother to you? You and I are not related, never met anywhere before! Why should you drink paracetamol for my headache, ignoring in the process the duodenum ulcer that's presently destroying your innards?

Bloody Urchin, fool forever grin
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by ZombieSlayer1: 9:06am On Jan 11, 2023
Praktikals:
I dont want my child to be a Liar and thief like Peter Pandora (The lying machine).

Obi (61 years old) is not sharp. The other time he was saying Dino, stop it, like a slowpoke. And recently, his partner in the Labouring in vain Party (a.k.a Losers party) was crying on a national tv, like a bush baby.
say amen to his prayer and stop ranting like a geriatric donkey
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by ZombieSlayer1: 9:07am On Jan 11, 2023
Lanretoye:
and may the life of your own children be stagnant and unprogressive like your eastern states.
The pastor was talking about the candidates, not the states. If you love Tinubu so much, why don't you say amen to that prayer instead of shifting posts?
Lolzzz.....you people are funny
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by ZombieSlayer1: 9:09am On Jan 11, 2023
Tycyborg:

what's the business of pastors with politics this is where I know most of these pastors are joke.
Even Jesus said give what's Cesar's to Cesar which means don't put yourself in between politics just watch... or are they reading or teaching some other kind of bible?
why una too dey talk this rubbish? In the Bible, God always sent prophets to talk to the Kings so why are you trying to dissociate the two?

Even, God refers to himself as the King of Kings
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by Praktikals(m): 9:29am On Jan 11, 2023
ZombieSlayer1:
say amen to his prayer and stop ranting like a geriatric donkey
Shinedu, take time.
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by mechanics(m): 10:36am On Jan 11, 2023
Hahahahah, not everyone will say amen, am voting for Mr Peter Obi, because he has a good character.
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by IfnobeGod20: 2:07pm On Jan 11, 2023
Misterone:
This pastor is very stupid and foolish. All the presidential aspirants are far better than him and all his congregation combined. He thinks it is beans and garri that one needs to contest for presidency in Nigeria? Mumu.. I will say it loud for everyone to hear. I am supporting Tinubu. I want my children to be like Tinubu, a man that worked in Mobile, was a two time governor, is wealthy, never been known to be stingy, a giver, and is a future president of Nigeria. Is that not worthy of emulation? Rubbish.
All this ranting is unnecessary. Simple amen to the prayer would have solved this your bile. In the first place, the pastor never mentioned anyone name, so why are you caught up and unbalanced? May your life and that of your children and children's children be like someone you're supporting and may my life and that of my children and children's children be like someone I am supporting too. Simple!
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by Misterone: 2:21pm On Jan 11, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

All this ranting is unnecessary. Simple amen to the prayer would have solved this your bile. In the first place, the pastor never mentioned anyone name, so why are you caught up and unbalanced? May your life and that of your children and children's children be like someone you're supporting and may my life and that of my children and children's children be like someone I am supporting too. Simple!
like I said, such a prayer is uncalled for because all the aspirants have achieved one thing or the other in their lives. Let the pastor look at his congregation. If someone's son is riding a keke would he/she not pray that his/her son be like Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, Sowore, and the others? Why bring such sentiments up. This is how you know fools
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by IfnobeGod20: 2:24pm On Jan 11, 2023
BreconHills:

This is not a prayer worth taking seriously. In any case where in the bible is there precedence for this.

Pastors always veer into loss of mental coherence when they go from Kingdom to politics. Everyone should stay within their calling. Heck, we all know that there are NO pure politicians home and abroad. We all know that as voters we are between the devil and the deep blue sea. When a pastor has a candidate, they make prayers like this - trying to wrap up what should be free will in witchcraft like manipulation.

Without free will, there is no virtue. Didn't they teach him this in bible college?

You wrote all this epistle and not sum it up with expected "amen". This is too bad. What is making you afraid to say just a simple word like an amen to this harmless prayer or are you afraid of the consequence of your action and deed?
Besides, where was it written in the bible that because you're a pastor, you should not have a say in politics or not talk about it. Was it not the same bible that says, give what is Caesar's to Caesars and that for God to God?
Also, was it not the same bible that says, when the righteous rule, the people rejoice but when the unrighteous rule the people groan? Mr. Man, if pastor doesn't partake in politics, you know what it means, unrighteous will fill posts of leadership and groaning will pervade the system. So, you people need to quote the bible correctly and stop misleading yourself and the unsuspecting Nigerians that want to join politics or talk about it. Come to even think of it, he never mentioned any name but you went ranting and misleading people.
Advise, say amen and past.
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by Lanretoye(m): 2:26pm On Jan 11, 2023
ZombieSlayer1:

The pastor was talking about the candidates, not the states. If you love Tinubu so much, why don't you say amen to that prayer instead of shifting posts?
Lolzzz.....you people are funny
oh so u know say una states dey stagnant, na your leaders cause am.so the prayer still join.
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by IfnobeGod20: 2:36pm On Jan 11, 2023
Misterone:
like I said, such a prayer is uncalled for because all the aspirants have achieved one thing or the other in their lives. Let the pastor look at his congregation. If someone's son is riding a keke would he/she not pray that his/her son be like Atiku, Tinubu, Obi, Sowore, and the others? Why bring such sentiments up. This is how you know fools
Mr. Man, that your neighbour is using exotic car or doing thing extraordinary, that doesn't mean you should covet it because you may not know the hidden thing underneath. As Yoruba will say, isale oro olegbin.
Your analogy shows you're a covetous man, forgetting that not all that glitters that are gold. If your kid is riding bicycle, pray to God to change his story and not pray to make him be like anyone. Remember that pastor's prayer was on character and not riches or position attained because not all riches are from God the Father of light.
You know what the Bible says on this kind thing, he said, those that compare themselves to themselves are not wise. Bible only compel believers to covet gifts of the spirit which has no repentance and not these earthly gifts.
So look at the character whom you're supporting and look at your kids and pray that your kids should have the character of whom you're supporting, then, you really get what the man was saying.
This is less harmless prayer, that we need not fine-tuned.
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by Misterone: 2:39pm On Jan 11, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

Mr. Man, that your neighbour is using exotic car or doing thing extraordinary, that doesn't mean you should covet it because you may not know the hidden thing underneath. As Yoruba will say, isale oro olegbin.
Your analogy shows you're a covetous man, forgetting that not all that glitters that are gold. If your kid is riding bicycle, pray to God to change his story and not pray to make him be like anyone. Remember that pastor's prayer was on character and not riches or position attained because not all riches are from God the Father of light.
You know what the Bible says on this kind thing, he said, those that compare themselves to themselves are not wise. Bible only compel believers to covet gifts of the spirit which has no repentance and not these earthly gifts.
So look at the character whom you're supporting and look at your kids and pray that your kids should have the character of whom you're supporting, then, you really get what the man was saying.
This is less harmless prayer, that we need not fine-tuned.
nobody covet anybody. The pastor is just being stupid.
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by IfnobeGod20: 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2023
Misterone:
which of my money did he steal? It is only poor people that think their money is being stolen by others. My money complete. And for your info, since 2007, Tinubu has never taking part in any government. Either in advisory role or being part of the government. So how did he steal my money? He was a governor of Lagos state and I am from Delta. Obi on the other hand advised GEJ to steal $2.2billion of arms money. Is that who you want your children to be like?
See this one again. They just wake up and fabricate all such of thing just to nail Peter Obi. Please come and help see this one, invariably saying Peter Obi is the NSA or COAS. God where is this missing link? Our people have sold their conscience to the devil I swear.
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by Misterone: 2:51pm On Jan 11, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

See this one again. They just wake up and fabricate all such of thing just to nail Peter Obi. Please come and help see this one, invariably saying Peter Obi is the NSA or COAS. God where is this missing link? Our people have sold their conscience to the devil I swear.
see this mumu! Yet you blame Tinubu who never held any federal executive position throughout his life. You get sense so?
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by IfnobeGod20: 2:55pm On Jan 11, 2023
Misterone:
nobody covet anybody. The pastor is just being stupid.
The pastor is stupid for praying a harmless prayer? I don't think you need this abuse on his person. Osinbajo was the first man that indirectly say something like that during APC convention, when he said, don't vote for whom you don't believe in. Why fronting those you cannot secretly and openly say, God I want my character and life and that of my children to be like this person I am rooting for.
His prayer only calls for retrospection and not denigration as some of you are doing.
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by IfnobeGod20: 3:06pm On Jan 11, 2023
Misterone:
see this mumu! Yet you blame Tinubu who never held any federal executive position throughout his life. You get sense so?
Why this abuse? Please grow up, there is no need of throwing tantrum. Why must he lie that it was Peter Obi that advised GEJ to steal $2.2billion of arms money? Please what concern Obi and arms money, is Obi NSA or COAS or even the CBN governor, that he needs to advise GEJ on that? I know the commenter may not know the difference between economy sector and security sector.
Yes, Tinubu never held federal executive position but the power he wields makes him more powerful than even those that hold such posts. Or is it not his proteges that are manning House of Reps, Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Communication and Information, FIRS (before), Ministry of Works, Ministry of Health (state) and many that I can just recall now, aside many senators and house of representatives that are under his peck and call. If Tinubu has refused to use his influence to change the tide but always playing along because of his personal ambition, then, we should blame Atiku, Obi or Kwankwoso that has little or no influence in the system.
Mr. Man, sense is given to be used and not to be played like ludo.
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by BreconHills(m): 5:03pm On Jan 11, 2023
IfnobeGod20:

You wrote all this epistle and not sum it up with expected "amen". This is too bad. What is making you afraid to say just a simple word like an amen to this harmless prayer or are you afraid of the consequence of your action and deed?
Besides, where was it written in the bible that because you're a pastor, you should not have a say in politics or not talk about it. Was it not the same bible that says, give what is Caesar's to Caesars and that for God to God?
Also, was it not the same bible that says, when the righteous rule, the people rejoice but when the unrighteous rule the people groan? Mr. Man, if pastor doesn't partake in politics, you know what it means, unrighteous will fill posts of leadership and groaning will pervade the system. So, you people need to quote the bible correctly and stop misleading yourself and the unsuspecting Nigerians that want to join politics or talk about it. Come to even think of it, he never mentioned any name but you went ranting and misleading people.
Advise, say amen and past.

I have pointed out the pointless nature of the prayer so I won't exchange words with you on that again. Let me address your use of Prov 29 and the logic you are deriving from it.

Proverbs 29 was written 700 years before Jesus at a time when God ruled the world vicariously through Israel. Now God does not rule through any physical nation - he rules through his Kingdom. The nature of that Kingdom is very different from the Solomonic era when Proverbs was written and in any case, Solomon was not asking anyone to campaign and vote - he was a hereditary King after all. He was merely stating the consequences of an evil society. Solomon did not know anything about democracy and voting because there was nothing like that.

From the entry of Jesus Israel ceased to be God's vicarious agent and instead, Jesus set up his own kingdom and was very clear about where our focus regarding government should be.

"Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.” John 18:36.

Your second quote "Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's". is off-point because it has nothing to do with elections. It is about paying mandatory tax.

Christians can take part in Government, and they can serve in the armed forces but they are not to look to a man as their savior and mortgage their freedom to follow a crowd.

So why are Christian pastors so incensed about elections? Since 2015 and that funny pastor Bosun who went on a rampage about Islamization (strangely he has been quiet for the last 8 years) together with his other political Christian pastors; Oyedepo, Eneche et al - why is institutional Christianity so engaged with politics?

Let me tell you why.

It's because they have failed to build the new society that God has asked them to build. They were supposed to build an affordable healthcare system, reform education, and make it available to the masses. They were to create interest-free Christian finance and so on. Instead, they are building expensive domes all over that need to be maintained - by who? By powerful party personalities in their church of course.

This same Islam that they keep mocking has a global finance industry size of 2.7 trillion USD and growing at the rate of 15-25% per year. The Lagos Ibadan expressway and all those roads you ply were partially built with Sukuk funds while your pastors are doing MC duties in church - and cracking Jokes with your money.

Look I am interested in this election but not on my personal behalf; Its more on behalf of people like yourself who do not know how to live under Kingdom structures and allegiances. At least let Nigeria not burn until Christians get some sense and do what they are supposed to do. I have no problem with people shouting their support, I don't even have problems with church pastors voting - but I do have problems with a church pastor misusing his pulpit to gather votes that he believes will personally benefit him. Who do you think gives them the land to build these massive shopping centers? Who gives them rights of way? Who waives their import duties? Who waives aircraft landing fees? Government of course. So why won't they shout for their chosen political personality?

But I won't be voting and I have banned political talk on my fellowship WhatsApp group. I have never benefitted from any political party and no administration is responsible for my success. If they want to let them turn Nigeria into a desert, God will provide for his own.

So when one person claiming to be a pastor starts talking about destiny and your vote, he is talking rubbish. God is just looking at him with pity.

So, my friend, I won't say Amen to any unscriptural prayer - [/b]There is no difference between that prayer and taking an oath before a native priest in the shrine. Does anyone even want his destiny to be like that pastor not to talk of politicians that hold the bible in the day and kneel in shrines at night?

If you all want to shout forever - this election is done and dusted. Irrespective of its results, the righteous who seek the kingdom will have more than enough to share with others.

Stop following a man to do what is wrong "You shall not follow a crowd to do evil; nor shall you testify in a dispute so as to turn aside after many to pervert justice" Exodus 23:2

I am writing at length not for your sake but for the many who will read this now and in the future. It is them that I have my eye on.

1 Like

Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by ZombieSlayer1: 6:48pm On Jan 11, 2023
Praktikals:

Shinedu, take time.
anyone who doesn't support your fossil of a candidate is automatically Igbo. Do you now see how deluded the bunch of you are?
Re: May Your Children Have The Character Of The Man You Vote For - Pastor (Video) by IfnobeGod20: 7:04pm On Jan 11, 2023
BreconHills:

I have pointed out the pointless nature of the prayer so I won't exchange words with you on that again. Let me address your use of Prov 29 and the logic you are deriving from it.

Proverbs 29 was written 700 years before Jesus at a time when God ruled the world vicariously through Israel. Now God does not rule through any physical nation - he rules through his Kingdom. The nature of that Kingdom is very different from the Solomonic era when Proverbs was written and in any case, Solomon was not asking anyone to campaign and vote - he was a hereditary King after all. He was merely stating the consequences of an evil society. Solomon did not know anything about democracy and voting because there was nothing like that.

From the entry of Jesus Israel ceased to be God's vicarious agent and instead, Jesus set up his own kingdom and was very clear about where our focus regarding government should be.

"Jesus answered, “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting, that I might not be delivered over to the Jews. But my kingdom is not from the world.” John 18:36.

Your second quote "Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto God the things that are God's". is off-point because it has nothing to do with elections. It is about paying mandatory tax.

Christians can take part in Government, and they can serve in the armed forces but they are not to look to a man as their savior and mortgage their freedom to follow a crowd.

So why are Christian pastors so incensed about elections? Since 2015 and that funny pastor Bosun who went on a rampage about Islamization (strangely he has been quiet for the last 8 years) together with his other political Christian pastors; Oyedepo, Eneche et al - why is institutional Christianity so engaged with politics?

Let me tell you why.

It's because they have failed to build the new society that God has asked them to build. They were supposed to build an affordable healthcare system, reform education, and make it available to the masses. They were to create interest-free Christian finance and so on. Instead, they are building expensive domes all over that need to be maintained - by who? By powerful party personalities in their church of course.

This same Islam that they keep mocking has a global finance industry size of 2.7 trillion USD and growing at the rate of 15-25% per year. The Lagos Ibadan expressway and all those roads you ply were partially built with Sukuk funds while your pastors are doing MC duties in church - and cracking Jokes with your money.

Look I am interested in this election but not on my personal behalf; Its more on behalf of people like yourself who do not know how to live under Kingdom structures and allegiances. At least let Nigeria not burn until Christians get some sense and do what they are supposed to do. I have no problem with people shouting their support, I don't even have problems with church pastors voting - but I do have problems with a church pastor misusing his pulpit to gather votes that he believes will personally benefit him. Who do you think gives them the land to build these massive shopping centers? Who gives them rights of way? Who waives their import duties? Who waives aircraft landing fees? Government of course. So why won't they shout for their chosen political personality?

But I won't be voting and I have banned political talk on my fellowship WhatsApp group. I have never benefitted from any political party and no administration is responsible for my success. If they want to let them turn Nigeria into a desert, God will provide for his own.

So when one person claiming to be a pastor starts talking about destiny and your vote, he is talking rubbish. God is just looking at him with pity.

So, my friend, I won't say Amen to any unscriptural prayer - [/b]There is no difference between that prayer and taking an oath before a native priest in the shrine. Does anyone even want his destiny to be like that pastor not to talk of politicians that hold the bible in the day and kneel in shrines at night?

If you all want to shout forever - this election is done and dusted. Irrespective of its results, the righteous who seek the kingdom will have more than enough to share with others.

Stop following a man to do what is wrong "You shall not follow a crowd to do evil; nor shall you testify in a dispute so as to turn aside after many to pervert justice" Exodus 23:2

I am writing at length not for your sake but for the many who will read this now and in the future. It is them that I have my eye on.

Your writing shows you're very educated but I am afraid that you refused to place issue in perspective on the reason best known to you.
Firstly, just I have said, the prayer said was as harmless as anything you can talk of. Anyone you vote for is a reflection of you. You don't invest in what you don't believe in, else you go bankruptcy. That's why I love the way Osinbajo put it during the APC convention.
"You cannot wish the country well and vote for someone you do not believe in"

And that was why I said, who you vote or canvass for is a reflection of you. If you cannot be confident to say I want the character of this person I am voting for in my life and that of my family, then, something is wrong somewhere, and it shows you don't believe in that person but just want to use the person to punish others. I think if we the electorates have that consciousness, that will help us to choose the best men always into positions of leadership.

Let me quickly correct this before you mislead people and get them astray in the thing of God. You did say as I quote.
"Now God does not rule through any physical nation - he rules through his Kingdom"

Please where is God's kingdom located?

God's kingdom is in our hearts and everywhere.
Apostle Paul said, “I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands…” (1 Timothy 2:cool.
Again, hear this again:
Apostle Paul said: “Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you? … The temple of God is holy, which temple ye are” (1 Corinthians 3:16–17).

My point of emphasis is everywhere because Psalms 24 says, "The earth is the Lord's, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein"
The bible repeated same in 1 Corinthians 10:26 "for the earth is the Lord's, and all its fullness thereof"

Meaning if God owns the world, then, everywhere is his kingdom and not a particular place.
So no where in the bible has God restricted us to as his kingdom.

Now if truly you're a student of the bible, whenever God has a message for the king of the earth, who does God sent?
Who does God sent to David?
Who does God sent to Solomon?
Who does God sent to Hezekiah?
Who does God sent to King Herod?
Lastly, who does God sent to the world?

No law, no statute and no place in the bible that says prophet or apostle should not talk or mingle in politics. The problem that are facing Christianity today, it was because christains sold their place to other religions because of lack of knowledge of the bible and that is what is affecting the Church today. They kept mute too long and their place is now difficult to reclaim. What christians are facing today, no one can try it to muslims and get away with it because they've established their right and no one can take that from them.
Just last week an Islamic cleric went to Kano to say Muslim-muslim candidates is the best and a jihad. Did any christian fight that? Let the reverse be the case, many christians heads would have rolled.
Christianity is not made to be docile and dumb as you want to depict in your submission. The dispensation of grace is an enlightened period and God shows that in Acts 6:3, when the people needed leader and instead of Paul to choose for them, he told them this:
"Brothers and sisters, select from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Spirit and wisdom, whom we can appoint to this duty".
That was first democratic experiment done in the bible. Which should serve as an example for us.

The above is why the pastors are engrossed in politics because our leaders must be people of good reputation and good report and not people with bad antecedents that cannot be used as examples.

My brother, if there is any religion that have positively affected the world order in various fields of endeavours is Christianity. That Sukuk is giving loans to nations, as that changed the impacts of the christian community world wide. Even in Nigeria christian community have impacted the society than muslim community. Many of them are still building roads, giving scholarships and changing our educational sector and today many of their schools are the best in research work. So trying to downplay their impact is surprising.

You later claimed, you're not interested in the election, but I can see in your submission before now that you have an interest in a candidate?
You also said, you're doing this because of someone like me that doesn't know how to live under kingdom structure. I just laugh you to scorn. Do you know me please? Someone living under kingdom command will not be misinterpreting the word of God to suit narrative. The word of God and his mind is to make his saints earthly and heavenly relevant.

Whether you will vote or not, it is never my concern but what I know is that you have high interest in the election because of a candidate and you cannot shy away from that. If not, you will not be bothered about that harmless prayer said by the man, because he never mentioned name at all. Or is it a sin for someone to tell your son, he has your character or simply tell him, God will endow you with your dad's character?

Please let us stop this misinterpretation of God's words to suit narrative and let us take our place in his chosen kingdom, Nigeria, because God does not make us appendage or subservient of any religion.

If this article and video inside does not move you, then, your christian identity is questionable

https://www.nairaland.com/7513105/abdulmutallab-mohammed-auwal-apcs-muslim-muslim

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Difference Between The Rapture And The Second Coming / Most Embarrassing Moment As A Choir Member / Is There Anything Like Sinful Haircut?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.