Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,619 members, 7,816,544 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. (3277 Views)

Questions and answers thread on Ac System. / Tips On Dealing With Your Cars' Air Conditioning (AC System) Issues. / Virus Attack On Car AC System. A Must Read For Car Owners With Active AC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by blockgeek69(m): 9:57am On Jan 11, 2023
I noticed compressor failure, noise was coming from the compressor. I went to the mechanic, he recommended a change of compressor after noticing this gas color from discharge (picture attached).

But after changing the compressor and flushing the system with cooking gas. I drove for 3 hours and the same problem started again, the gas became black again. I used Honda Accord '09

Someone please come to my aid, this thing is driving me insane already.

Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by Mrkumareze(m): 9:59am On Jan 11, 2023
The compressor has gone bad again. It's possible they supplied you a repaired Compressor or, your gas system is still bad.
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by nrexzy: 10:07am On Jan 11, 2023
Bad gas...
How long did they wait after flushing the system??..

Cos if they did a proper job it wouldnt reoccure.. Thye need to loose d condencer, compressor, maybe fridge, flush rm properly...
U would need to get a new dryer & maybe expansion valve...

Most time some use cooking gas for d flushin, some might us pms.. Depending...

Oil is only used to flush d compressor..
Make em no gba u..
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by Naturetony1: 10:08am On Jan 11, 2023
Black death loading, this is majorly caused by bad gas... Many out there are fake gas. Look for a competent AC technician to handle your case. The evaporator in your car might also be clogged... You probably need an AC system overhaul. So budget for Evaporator, Expansion valve, condenser and compressor... The pipings too if they are not free enough...
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by goodnewscliff(m): 10:45am On Jan 11, 2023
blockgeek69:
I noticed compressor failure, noise was coming from the compressor. I went to the mechanic, he recommended a change of compressor after noticing this gas color from discharge (picture attached).

But after changing the compressor and flushing the system with cooking gas. I drove for 3 hours and the same problem started again, the gas became black again. I used Honda Accord '09

how is the ur car in general, is it ok and reliable cos that wats on my mind to get Soon !!
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by blockgeek69(m): 2:27pm On Jan 11, 2023
goodnewscliff:
how is the ur car in general, is it ok and reliable cos that wats on my mind to get Soon !!

Bro the car is very good. I haven't had any persistent problem with it so far. On the normal the AC chill really good. Except this my current problem now, i haven't had any difficult issues for the past 2 years, neither have i had any cause to open the engine.

2 Likes

Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by Tony413(m): 2:34pm On Jan 11, 2023
Am having the same issue with my Honda CRV, the gas is black. But surprisingly the car is still cooling very well for 2 weeks going to 3, unlike other compressor that pack up immediately the gas goes black, and am on my third compressor in less than a year. Is your compressor still working despite the gas is s black?
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by Angrygoat: 3:16pm On Jan 11, 2023
I was shocked to c benz c280 ball joint come out today.
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by goodnewscliff(m): 4:51pm On Jan 11, 2023
blockgeek69:

Bro the car is very good. I haven't had any persistent problem with it so far. On the normal the AC chill really good. Except this my current problem now, i haven't had any difficult issues for the past 2 years, neither have i had any cause to open the engine.
thanks boss.
What about the fuel consumption??
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by ZhyonKross(m): 7:18pm On Jan 11, 2023
Angrygoat:

After giving the owner warning for so many years

3 Likes

Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by mosbus: 9:29pm On Jan 11, 2023
why are you taking this risk.
It isn't advisable to use cooking gas to flush it's highly hazardous.
GOD saved you from using your own hands to damaging your car.
If there was any small spark of light my brother story is the case.
Pls go and overhaul the entire system stop wasting your money.
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by RZArecta(m): 10:33pm On Jan 11, 2023
Contact Mosbus if you're in Lagos

2 Likes

Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by Kreamie(m): 8:10am On Jan 12, 2023
Loading ke? Abi 101% loaded.

The system needs a complete overhaul and a number of parts replaced.
Naturetony1:
Black death loading, this is majorly caused by bad gas... Many out there are fake gas. Look for a competent AC technician to handle your case. The evaporator in your car might also be clogged... You probably need an AC system overhaul. So budget for Evaporator, Expansion valve, condenser and compressor... The pipings too if they are not free enough...
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by Kreamie(m): 8:11am On Jan 12, 2023
Oh? E shock you? After being warned severally
Angrygoat:
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by Kreamie(m): 8:13am On Jan 12, 2023
You need a complete system overhaul. If that black grit isn’t out of the system, it’ll keep corrupting the whole system even if parts are replaced.

Mosbus to the rescue. His charges might seem pricey but in the long run, you’d thank him.
blockgeek69:

1 Like

Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by fuckboys: 10:03pm On Jan 28, 2023
blockgeek69:

Contact this Coldx guy, he'll sort your issues.

They solved my ac issues, close to 2 years now no issues.
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by scobboo: 12:25am On Feb 02, 2023
Don't waste money changing compressor as there is already a virus aka black death in the AC system already.
Everything concerning the AC must be changed if not you will keep going in circles and I am talking from experience using the same car and haven tackled same issues too,
you will be needing another compressor, freezer, condenser and even all your AC pipes and tubes will go .
My brother prepare your pocket well o cos the spending no be here and if u try to cut corners by not replacing all the parts you risk infecting and damaging the new parts again. shocked
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by scobboo: 12:26am On Feb 02, 2023
nrexzy:
Bad gas...
How long did they wait after flushing the system??..

Cos if they did a proper job it wouldnt reoccure.. Thye need to loose d condencer, compressor, maybe fridge, flush rm properly...
U would need to get a new dryer & maybe expansion valve...

Most time some use cooking gas for d flushin, some might us pms.. Depending...

Oil is only used to flush d compressor..
Make em no gba u..
All of the above won't help he needs a complete AC system overhaul of not he will keep wasting money!
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by SortOut: 1:54pm On Feb 06, 2023
Black dearth - most of the time complete AC overhaul is required for permanent solution.. don't subscribe to using manual compressor.
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by fineboynl(m): 5:57pm On Feb 07, 2023
scobboo:
Don't waste money changing compressor as there is already a virus aka black death in the AC system already.
Everything concerning the AC must be changed if not you will keep going in circles and I am talking from experience using the same car and haven tackled same issues too,
you will be needing another compressor, freezer, condenser and even all your AC pipes and tubes will go .
My brother prepare your pocket well o cos the spending no be here and if u try to cut corners by not replacing all the parts you risk infecting and damaging the new parts again. shocked
complete system overhaul what is the cost
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by Angrygoat: 9:04pm On Feb 07, 2023
Sell the car and but tokunbo. Complete overhaul will still cause future problems . See ehn na tokunbo,non accidented esp chasis area na him sure pass. Sell the car and buy direct tokunbo
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by asumo12: 9:15am On Sep 28, 2023
blockgeek69:

Please how did you solved this issue?
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by blockgeek69(m): 12:53pm On Sep 28, 2023
asumo12:

Please how did you solved this issue?

After trying with someone in the East with no result. When i returned to my base in lagos, I later took it to my mechanic in lagos. He dismantled the AC components and flushed the whole system, he took the compressor to ladipo, they open it and cleaned it thoroughly. Then he changed the condenser. The problem dissappeared.
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by asumo12: 8:18pm On Sep 28, 2023
blockgeek69:

After trying with someone in the East with no result. When i returned to my base in lagos, I later took it to my mechanic in lagos. He dismantled the AC components and flushed the whole system, he took the compressor to ladipo, they open it and cleaned it thoroughly. Then he changed the condenser. The problem dissappeared.

Wow
Please where’s your mechanic location?

I have same issue with a Toks and I just parked it cause I Dey fear AC issues
I’ll appreciate if u can share.
Thanks
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by blockgeek69(m): 9:15pm On Sep 28, 2023
asumo12:

Wow
Please where’s your mechanic location?

I have same issue with a Toks and I just parked it cause I Dey fear AC issues
I’ll appreciate if u can share.
Thanks

He have a shop at Ogudu, just before Ojota.
Here is his contact: Wale - 08027568138

1 Like

Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by 9jaWarrior: 7:19pm On Dec 22, 2023
blockgeek69:

Good evening boss, I have the same issue with my compressor now and I stumbled on your thread. Is your ac still working well after the fix?

@asumo12 have you fixed yours too and how is it now?

I was told to replace everything except the evaporator which I just bought last month
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by Angrygoat: 3:51pm On Dec 23, 2023
Things to replace compresso,pipes,condenser,valve,radiator if no overheating and lastly flush evaporator and every with flushing gas inside green cylinder. Budget 80 to 100k. And od cos e go be manual compressor with thermostat under passenger glove box..
9jaWarrior:

Good evening boss, I have the same issue with my compressor now and I stumbled on your thread. Is your ac still working well after the fix?

I was told to replace everything except the evaporator which I just bought last month
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by 9jaWarrior: 9:45am On Dec 24, 2023
Angrygoat:
Things to replace compresso,pipes,condenser,valve,radiator if no overheating and lastly flush evaporator and every with flushing gas inside green cylinder. Budget 80 to 100k. And od cos e go be manual compressor with thermostat under passenger glove box..
Okay. Thanks boss
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by Adejunwonlo94: 10:08am On Jan 01
Angrygoat:

Boss, please where is the location of the technician and how much can I budget for this?
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by Angrigowt: 1:27pm On Jan 01
Find a conpetent ac engineer. Just fillow the steps
Adejunwonlo94:

Boss, please where is the location of the technician and how much can I budget for this?

1 Like

Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by asumo12: 2:44pm On Jan 01
9jaWarrior:

My compressor was changed to manual and it’s working fine.

Thanks boss
Re: Black Gas In My Car AC System, Please Help. by 9jaWarrior: 7:51pm On Jan 03
asumo12:

My compressor was changed to manual and it’s working fine.

Thanks boss
Thanks for your response chief. I hear the manual compressor consumes more fuel. How true is it please?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Kia Vs Volkswagen Vs Mini Cooper Vs Hyundai / The Mercedes Benz Transmission Troubleshooting Tips... Limp Mode And No Shifting / Car Swap / Trade In Deals Now Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.