Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,032 members, 7,863,695 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:11 AM

Zilch. - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Zilch. (431 Views)

Zilch. / Zilch. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Zilch. by Nobody: 4:33pm On Jan 11, 2023
Zilch.
Re: Zilch. by AreaFada2: 1:22am On Jan 12, 2023
fulausa:
I know there is no standard language, so I’ll probably have to learn all of the dialects eventually (maybe impossible), but I am apparently Nigerian Fulani (heritage), though I’m American, like all of my family.

To learn about another culture, it’s not useless to learn at least a little language to go along with that. I’m doing the same with Japanese culture and now I’m intermediate.

I can’t find many resources to learn the dialect of Fulani that is spoken in Nigeria. If you know how to learn it without going to the country, please share what you know.

If you think I shouldn’t learn Fulani (I’ve heard from many on here that some don’t even speak it as their mother tongue but I don’t know how true that is), please share what other language(s) I should learn for Fulani culture.

If you wish to learn Fula language out of curiosity, that's fine. The bolded is true.

Most Fula people in Nigeria today don't speak Fufulde much or even at all. They speak Hausa. If you plan to be visiting Nigeria and want to communicate widely with Fula people in Northern Nigeria, learn Hausa. It is supposedly easier than Fufulde too. Of course some basic Fufulde would be a bonus.

Aside Fula/Hausa, 9ja has other great cultures, Benin/Edoid, Igbo, Yoruba/Yoruboid, Efik/Ibiobio, Ijaw, Kanuri, Tiv, Berom, Igala and many more abound.

Welcome to 9ja in advance.

Seun, Mods, FP. For our American-9ja kin!
Re: Zilch. by Nobody: 3:09am On Jan 12, 2023
Zilch.

(1) (Reply)

Video: Scariest Agu Masquerade Of Umunchi / Awka Igweship: Don't Cross The Red Line, Soludo Warns GIDIGBAM GIDIGBAM / Fulani Cultural Dance (videos/pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.