Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,446 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:27 PM

5 Common MISTAKES That Causes Most New Youtube Channels To FAIL! - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / 5 Common MISTAKES That Causes Most New Youtube Channels To FAIL! (187 Views)

Common Snake In Eti-Osa Area Of Lagos: Is It Venomous Or Poisonous? / Cow With Two Heads In Gombe Causes Panic Among Residents. See Shocking Photos / Deformed Sheep In Funtua, Katsina Causes Commotion (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Common MISTAKES That Causes Most New Youtube Channels To FAIL! by midashenry(m): 4:50pm On Jan 13, 2023
1.Your Channel idea: The niche you choose to make videos about might be one of the most important decisions you will have to make as an upcoming YouTube. It’s okay if it takes you days or even weeks to research and come up with a Niche that suits you. Don’t rush the process.

2. Video Ideas / Titles: (Your title determines the amount of views you get). This remains one of the most overlooked aspects of video creation by new content creators. You get a brilliant idea for a video, you jump in and start making videos without thinking about titles and finally when you’re done and exhausted from making the video, you just come up with some title and upload your video. BIG MISTAKE. Your title is most important thing when making a video, because it’s your title that will let your audience know what you video is all about and if the will click it or not. Your title determines the amount of views your video get.

3. Video Thumbnail: Video Thumbnails working together with video titles determine how many views your videos get. Spend significant amount of time thinking of what your video is all about and an image that you feel that most describes your video in the most compelling way possible. My simple trick for this is, I just simply type in my video title in the YouTube search bar and pick 3 of the most popular videos and simply do what the did, (I don’t mean steal their thumbnail) just improve on their thumbnail.

4. A good script: Your video script will determine your video retention and subscriber count. According to statistics our attention has drastically reduced to about 8 seconds. That means that you have the first 8 seconds to catch your viewers attention or the click off your video. Which is bad for your video SEO.

5. The Content: This includes your video, audio and script, this is where you need to put everything you learnt on video editing to practice. Making good content is the bedrock of YouTube. So spend most of your time here. For new YouTuber I advise you use 2 cameras, from different angles when shooting, assuming you’re shooting a talking head video, and also while editing put in cuts or animations every 10 - 20 seconds. It keeps the viewer engaged and overall creates a good viewer experience.

2023 is a good year to put your fears aside and take action, you’ll never regret you did it but you’ll definitely regret you didn’t do it.

The twitter thread https://twitter.com/midashenry1/status/1613916548434989059?s=46&t=kTsTHT_Hk5Jsxy5_yeCIPQ

You can follow me on twitter where I share my own personal YouTube journey ✌️

(1) (Reply)

Making The Weekend Easier With Willmoon Vacuum Cleaners / Follow These Steps For Easy Installation Of Norton Antivirus / Whats That App You Wish Existed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.