Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,530 members, 7,837,025 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Should I go For My Dream Course Even Though It's Botany? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Should I go For My Dream Course Even Though It's Botany? (319 Views)

I'm A Graduate Of Botany (plant Science). Please Advice Me / How I Lost My Dream Job Without Collecting 1 Month Salary - Meme Collection / Bsc Botany,job Opportunities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should I go For My Dream Course Even Though It's Botany? by HazardAwka(m): 6:19pm On Jan 13, 2023
Good evening, Nairalanders.
So I'm planning on taken up this course, Botany, I've always from my childhood days till today being a lover of plants and nature. I know the course ain't profitable but I'm literally passionate about plants.
But many have discouraged me about taking up the course, but if I'm to go to the University, I must do a course I love but after much bashing of Botany. I decided to pick out 3 courses that I must choose from. What I have in mind is BOTANY, HORTICULTURE and AGRICULTURE.
Which should I go for?
Re: Should I go For My Dream Course Even Though It's Botany? by Offpointng: 7:19pm On Jan 13, 2023
HazardAwka:
So I'm planning on taken up this course, Botany, I've always from my childhood days till today being a lover of plants and nature. I know the course ain't profitable but I'm literally passionate about plants.
But many have discouraged me about taking up the course, but if I'm to go to the University, I must do a course I love but after much bashing of Botany. I decided to pick out 3 courses that I must choose from. What I have in mind is BOTANY, HORTICULTURE and AGRICULTURE.
Which should I go for?

Even though I advice people to go for their passion but all the same you just have to list out the prospects of that course in this present Nigeria especially if you intend using the cert to get a job after study. But i'll pick Agriculture cuz to me its not bad really, you'll still deal with plants and it got better prospects than Botany

2 Likes

Re: Should I go For My Dream Course Even Though It's Botany? by sageb: 7:07pm On Jan 14, 2023
HazardAwka:
Which should I go for?

Do you mean you have decided to forgo Botany to study Agric Economics and extension?
Go for it or alternatively go for Food science technology.
In the faculty of Agriculture, these two are the most sought after.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Job Vacancy / Highest Unskilled Paid Jobs In The Uk / New Career Alert !!! ********become A Devops Engineer In 6 Month*******

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.