Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,211 members, 7,815,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse (16846 Views)

When A Wife Returns After Separation / Former Ugandan Couple Celebrate Their Divorce After 6 Years Of Separation (Pix) / Nigerian Couple Remarries After Over 10 Years Of Separation And Divorce (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by ColdHunter(f): 11:32pm On Jan 14, 2023
I have a cousin who has been in an abusive marriage for the past 12years. Not necessarily physical but emotional and verbal abuse. She is totally fed up as her mental health has been deteriorating due to constant fear. Her husband happens to be a rich but mischievous man and she is worried about what the man could do should she file for legal seperation.

Her concern is that he may go after her if she files for seperation. Secondly, is it the court that determines custody of their 3 children(12, 11, 9). She have already found accommodation but hasnt informed him of her plans to separate. She doesnt want anything from him as she has a successful business.

Are there steps she must take to forestall any bullying?

Experienced people should please contribute.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Kobojunkie: 11:53pm On Jan 14, 2023
ColdHunter:
I have a cousin who have been in an abusive marriage for the past 12years. Not necessarily physical but emotional and verbal abuse. She is totally fed up as her mental health has been deteriorating due to constant fear. Her husband happens to be a rich but mischievous man and she is worried about what the man could do should she file for legal seperation.

Her concern is that he may go after her if she files for seperation. Secondly, is it the court that determines custody of their 3 children(12, 11, 9). She have already found accommodation but hasnt informed him of her plans to separate. She doesnt want anything from him as she has a successful business. Experienced people should please contribute.
What state is she in? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by ColdHunter(f): 11:54pm On Jan 14, 2023
Kobojunkie:
What state is she in? undecided

Lagos. That was where the court wedding took place too.

2 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Kobojunkie: 12:10am On Jan 15, 2023
ColdHunter:
Lagos. That was where the court wedding took place too.
Given the age of the kids it would benefit her to seek shared custody of them instead of trying to have full custody, don't you think? And that way the kids can, over time, decide for themselves whether they will want to stay with dad or mum. undecided

70 Likes 1 Share

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by ibkayee(f): 12:18am On Jan 15, 2023
I heard Lagos is one of the more progressive states when it comes to enforcing laws, if you take it to court hopefully you get a competent lawyer

I’m not an expert but unless there’s any impact on the children and you can prove it, joint custody is probably the best way to go. They’re technically still his kids

Bear in mind that being a man + rich puts him at a great advantage in this struggle

Good luck

86 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by okeke6969: 7:06am On Jan 15, 2023
This is one sided story, but anyway search for the justice court on YouTube. Precidinding judge funmi Asaolu.
You will see their e mail address, then
tell your cousin to file her case. Both of them will be invited..
The justice court is in Lagos.

www.thejusticecourt.com

18 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by JeffreyJunior: 7:38am On Jan 15, 2023
Is it that hard to get the services of an attorney in naija?

If the man is abusing her, she has the right to file for divorce biko and have her peace.

As for the children, I believe the court will grant her custody if they are still kids.

I only hope we are not conniving against an innocent man somewhere because the story is one sided.

21 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by ColdHunter(f): 1:05pm On Jan 15, 2023
okeke6969:
This is one sided story, but anyway search for the justice court on YouTube. Precidinding judge funmi Asaolu.
You will see their e mail address, then
tell your cousin to file her case. Both of them will be invited..
The justice court is in Lagos.

www.thejusticecourt.com

One sided story how? Did I say the man is a devil or that my cousin is a saint. The question is basically how to get a peaceful seperation without fear of being bullied

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by ColdHunter(f): 1:15pm On Jan 15, 2023
ibkayee:
I heard Lagos is one of the more progressive states when it comes to enforcing laws, if you take it to court hopefully you get a competent lawyer

I’m not an expert but unless there’s any impact on the children and you can prove it, joint custody is probably the best way to go. They’re technically still his kids

Bear in mind that being a man + rich puts him at a great advantage in this struggle

Good luck

Yes he is rich. But she isnt exactly struggling too as she can afford a good lawyer. Secondly, she isnt really looking for full custody as she wants him to be a full part of their lives. I'm basically wondering if there are precautionary measures she needs to take before officially serving him

1 Like

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Mindlog: 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2023
ColdHunter:

Yes he is rich. But she isnt exactly struggling too as she can afford a good lawyer. Secondly, she isnt really looking for full custody as she wants him to be a full part of their lives. I'm basically wondering if there are precautionary measures she needs to take before officially serving him

Let her get the services of a good family lawyer, who would give her sound counsel while she prepares herself for co-parenting.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by okeke6969: 2:17pm On Jan 15, 2023
ColdHunter:

One sided story how? Did I say the man is a devil or that my cousin is a saint. The question is basically how to get a peaceful seperation without fear of being bullied

Leave all this your argument and follow the information I gave you. After all, you requested for help. You people sef.

9 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by ColdHunter(f): 5:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
okeke6969:

Leave all this your argument and follow the information I gave you. After all, you requested for help. You people sef.

Will do. I've looked up the site and I could see it's for a broadcasted court process. Not sure its something either of them will be interested in.

Seun, mynd44, nlfpmod

7 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Jan 15, 2023
ColdHunter:
Will do. I've looked up the site and I could see it's for a broadcasted court process. Not sure its something either of them will be interested in.
I wouldn't recommend that either as the kids are at the age where they might be directly impacted by such exposure. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Socratiz: 9:32pm On Jan 15, 2023
She doesn't need a lawyer especially because this is happening in Lagos state.

There is a Lagos State Agency she can contact. The government will intervene and the man will not be able to harass her unless he wants he wants to taste prison beans.

I am not sure whether the information should be shared on a public forum like this.

You can send me a mail so that I give you the necessary information

2 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by ColdHunter(f): 11:14pm On Jan 15, 2023
Socratiz:

There is a Lagos State Agency she can contact. The government will intervene and the man will not be able to harass her unless he wants he wants to taste prison beans.

I am not sure whether the information should be shared on a public forum like this.

I just DM'ed you. I'll be grateful for your assistance
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Fiscus105(m): 1:34am On Jan 16, 2023
ColdHunter:
I have a cousin who have been in an abusive marriage for the past 12years. Not necessarily physical but emotional and verbal abuse. She is totally fed up as her mental health has been deteriorating due to constant fear. Her husband happens to be a rich but mischievous man and she is worried about what the man could do should she file for legal seperation.

Her concern is that he may go after her if she files for seperation. Secondly, is it the court that determines custody of their 3 children(12, 11, 9). She have already found accommodation but hasnt informed him of her plans to separate. She doesnt want anything from him as she has a successful business.

For those of you, who biliv riches can guarantee peace and lasting marriage, I think u will learn one or two lessons.

....even if I want to suffer, let me suffer in jeep crew......over to you ma(s).

11 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Fiscus105(m): 1:38am On Jan 16, 2023
Socratiz:

For general public information! In evry state of federation,thr ar"family court".

Whenever you have issues to resolve with your spouses, you can approach the family court, you dnt need lawyers before ur cases will be sorted out.

If you go to ministry of justice in ur state, I'm very sure they will direct you accordingly.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Mindlog: 2:33am On Jan 16, 2023
Socratiz:

Share the information on this forum since it is a State's agency so that others can also benefit, just as we have the Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team, which is an Agency of the Lagos State Government.

16 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Nobody: 3:00am On Jan 16, 2023
With all honesty if the mum can hold her own and contribute to the children’s welfare then she has a fighting chance because her children are at an age where the father can also lay claim. If she can pay towards their education and living 50/50 in a standard that is acceptable for these children then she has a fighting chance.But If the father wants to show her something and he can prove certain things then she has a fight on her hands. I fear niqqers with money when it comes to kids!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Mindlog: 3:17am On Jan 16, 2023
HudaIna:
With all honesty if the mum can hold her own and contribute to the children’s welfare then she has a fighting chance because her children are at an age where the father can also lay claim. If she can pay towards their education and living 50/50 in a standard that is acceptable for these children then she has a fighting chance. But If the father wants to show her something and he can prove certain things then she has a fight on her hands. I fear niqqers with money when it comes to kids!

Prove things like what?
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Nobody: 3:21am On Jan 16, 2023
Mindlog:

Prove things like what?

What ever we don’t know! LOL! This is a friend of a kinda story… right? We don’t know the deeds!
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Mindlog: 3:41am On Jan 16, 2023
HudaIna:

What ever we don’t know! LOL! This is a friend of a kinda story… right? We don’t know the deeds!

Well everything should be laid bare before the judge..... what the husband knows, what the wife knows and what the children knows in order to reach a judgement that is of the best interest of the overall wellbeing of the children.

Lest I forget, at least for Lagos State the woman do not need to prove she can pay towards their education and living 50/50 in a standard that is acceptable for these children for her to have a fighting chance of shared custody rather the financial bulk is on their father.
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by NaijaCover(m): 11:31am On Jan 16, 2023
Following The Thread
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by GOTVee: 11:31am On Jan 16, 2023
sad
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Brendaniel: 11:32am On Jan 16, 2023
It is well....
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by jahsharon: 11:32am On Jan 16, 2023
Ole Ole Odoko
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by loanky: 11:32am On Jan 16, 2023
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by jahsharon: 11:33am On Jan 16, 2023
ColdHunter:
I have a cousin who has been in an abusive marriage for the past 12years. Not necessarily physical but emotional and verbal abuse. She is totally fed up as her mental health has been deteriorating due to constant fear. Her husband happens to be a rich but mischievous man and she is worried about what the man could do should she file for legal seperation.

Let her go. Na money dey enter her eyes. If she leaves today, another Olosho will move in tomorrow

4 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Kobicove(m): 11:33am On Jan 16, 2023
The long and short of this whole story is that the lady in question is afraid that she will loose the comfort and protection that comes with being married to a rich husband. undecided

A lady who has her own money by virture of having a source of earning will not be entertaining these fears

4 Likes

Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Praktikals(m): 11:33am On Jan 16, 2023
angry
Re: Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse by Truthshscrazy: 11:34am On Jan 16, 2023
undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Other Side Of The “story From The Grave” Ogochukwu Cecilia Onuchukwu Rip - T / How Long Does Your Cooking Gas Last. / Why Do Married Men Date Married Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.