Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,208 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS (11681 Views)

UNIMAID Lecturer, Dr Abdulkadir Murdered On Campus / UNIMAID Students Protest Fees Hike(pictures) / Prof Aliyu Shugaba Has Been Named New VC Of UNIMAID (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by CyberPreNurse(m): 11:44pm On Jan 14, 2023
The National Association of Nigerian Students, NANS, says 90 percent of indigent students of University of Maiduguri, UNIMAID, cannot afford to pay the new increased registration fees and charges by the institution.

NANS made this known in a reaction to the new measure announced by the university registrar, Ahmad Lawan, that students finding it difficult to pay the fees in full can pay in two instalments.

But the students in a statement on Thursday signed by the chairman of Borno branch of the association, Mohammed Babagana, urged the university to reasoned with them and the current economic conditions.

UNIMAID is located in Borno state which is still trying to recover from the effect of the Boko Haram insurgency that has disrupted activities in the last decade.

With such increase, a lot of students would have no option, but to drop out of the university

Source: https://dailynigerian.com/unimaid-students-afford-fees/

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by CyberPreNurse(m): 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2023
Here

2 Shares

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by CyberPreNurse(m): 12:07am On Jan 15, 2023
Both New And Returning Students have taken to Twitter and other social media to cry out over this ridiculous increase in school fees.

UnimaidFeesHike is trending on twitter

Nlfpmod

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by CyberPreNurse(m): 12:16am On Jan 15, 2023
Protest everywhere

Nlfpmod

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by habsydiamond(m): 8:05am On Jan 15, 2023
Most of these student's parents are civil servants with stipends coming in as salaries. How do you expect then to pay such exorbitant amount of money.

3 Likes

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by CyberPreNurse(m): 11:39am On Jan 15, 2023
habsydiamond:
Most of these student's parents are civil servants with stipends coming in as salaries. How do you expect then to pay such exorbitant amount of money.
I wonder o

1 Like

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by englishmart(m): 9:07am On Jan 16, 2023
90% of Nigerians are extremely broke. The few that manage to get a job, come online to panegyrize and sing praises of those who made them broke, hungry and despondent. They are happy, provided their oppressors are from their tribe. People will defend and fall deeply in love with villains.
If only Stockholm syndrome were a people.

Thank you, BAT for this free airtime, if I vote for you make my left nyash turn purple. Sapanizer of his people

15 Likes

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by Brendaniel: 9:07am On Jan 16, 2023
When I saw people blaming ASUU for the strike, I just shook my head, a lot of you do not know that the Police today Nigerians are complaining about are actually under the payroll of Nigerians, the extortion, harrasement and illegal arrests, bribery and so on all boils down to money collected from the citizens, you think it is their meagre salaries that sustains them.

When the government does not pay them well the citizens will, directly or indirectly

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by Obasampo: 9:08am On Jan 16, 2023
Imagine
Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by EdiskyHarry: 9:09am On Jan 16, 2023
Education now has no value in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by naijainstinct: 9:09am On Jan 16, 2023
Things have really changed. I recall when I gained admission into UNIMAID in 2005. My first fees as a fresher was N15,000. In subsequent years, I paid between 8,000 and 12,000 except for final year in 2008 when I paid N18,000 because of added field trip fee and an extra 5000 for late registration.

Where are we heading in this country? Tuition fees have risen over 1000%, yet, salary has not risen beyond 200%

12 Likes

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by Banbutton: 9:09am On Jan 16, 2023
Simple just vote TINUBU and allow the Lagos legacy have effect All over the nation.
Don't vote a flat head man whose state university went on strike. Don't say I didn't tell you oo
Vote WISELY,vote APC, vote TINUBU.

Don't vote for ANINI or OSUNBOR

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by Akfrenzy(m): 9:09am On Jan 16, 2023
grin
Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by Skill9ja: 9:09am On Jan 16, 2023
sad
Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by Zetty177x: 9:09am On Jan 16, 2023
Sai Baba grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by nony43(m): 9:10am On Jan 16, 2023
Uni Maid use to be one of the Cheapest Universities.
Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by ThatCEO: 9:10am On Jan 16, 2023
These students n their parents voted in d government of day, they shd please shut up n pay d money. Thief, borrow or loan, I really don't care.

Election is already here, most of their parents r selling their PVCs between ₦500-₦2000. Both d parents n students r already gearing up to vote idiots.

ASUU went on 8 months strike n dem never collect salary n una dey yab dem. The heat wey burn ASUU don burn una too.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by Zetty177x: 9:10am On Jan 16, 2023
Vote Peter Obi. Say no to Tinubu/APC
Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by SHINJA: 9:10am On Jan 16, 2023
The same stupid students will still vote for apc...

Most of the youths supporting APC are from poor homes...

Anyway God bless the good people of Southsouth and Southwest...

God bless president OKORO OBI.

4 Likes

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by Poppia: 9:10am On Jan 16, 2023
I'm an orphan and i sponsor myself. I normally pay 33k now they are asking me to pay 125k. Where do I get such amount? More worrisome that I got 2 more sessions to go.
Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by Itzteewhy(m): 9:10am On Jan 16, 2023
Lol I just laughed when I saw this new school fee

Some students are struggling to pay the old fee, is it this new one they would be able to afford

At the end they might end up sending alot of students back home
Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by Tolumiide: 9:12am On Jan 16, 2023
This is CHANGE

1 Like

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by chriskosherbal(m): 9:13am On Jan 16, 2023
given the hike in prices of consumer goods ...why still increase fees why na
Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by ernesco0816517(m): 9:14am On Jan 16, 2023
Na the change una they see so.nko una vote for change? Make that grandpa win angry na blood una go cry.
Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by datola: 9:15am On Jan 16, 2023
I hear you!

They cannot afford N200,000 for university education but some of them can afford to pay more than that for private primary school education.

Most of them can also afford phones of N300k.

You want University education free and you still want high standard

Running university is not cheap. Somebody must pay for it, either students or the irresponsible Nigerian government at all levels.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by Houseofglam7(f): 9:15am On Jan 16, 2023
undecided
Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by Jackbaur88: 9:16am On Jan 16, 2023
My younger brother called yesterday to tell me a 300% increase of their school fees. This is just the beginning of the struggle as many of us have been accusing ASUU of going on strike. Our government have no plans for the youths

1 Like

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by Tolumiide: 9:16am On Jan 16, 2023
nony43:
Uni Maid use to be one of the Cheapest Universities.
good old days my brother. Unimaid offered quality education, cheeper than what we experienced in the south and also far less competitive admission.

1 Like

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by bigpsalmmy: 9:16am On Jan 16, 2023
When ASUU was making the noise and going on strike they were tagged selfish and wicked, i am sure we can all see who the real enemies are now.

3 Likes

Re: 90% Of UNIMAID Students Can't Afford New Fees-NANS by sulaak(m): 9:16am On Jan 16, 2023
habsydiamond:

Then they should find a trade and not attend university. Nigeria requires more artisans than university graduates

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Defence Academy 66rc Loading / Senate Backs ASUU, Asks Nigerian Govt To Resolve Issues / FUTO Gets $6 Million To Execute World Bank Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.