Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,012 members, 7,838,536 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:18 AM

Chelsea Announce Mykhailo Mudryk €100m Signing From Shakhtar Donetsk - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea Announce Mykhailo Mudryk €100m Signing From Shakhtar Donetsk (218 Views)

Chelsea Announce British-record Signing, Caicedo With Nigeria R&B Music / Chelsea Announce Thomas Tuchel As New Manager / Manchester United Signs Fred From Shakhtar Donetsk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chelsea Announce Mykhailo Mudryk €100m Signing From Shakhtar Donetsk by Footballisfun: 4:42pm On Jan 15, 2023
Chelsea have announced they have signed Mykhailo Mudryk from Shakhtar Donetsk, with the player undergoing a medical and signing an eight-and-a-half year contract at Stamford Bridge.

Inform Nigeria reported yesterday that Chelsea and Shakhtar had agreed a €100m deal to sign the top Arsenal transfer target.

“I’m so happy to sign for Chelsea,” Mudryk told Chelsea official club website.

“This is a huge club, in a fantastic league and it is a very attractive project for me at this stage of my career.

“I’m excited to meet my new team-mates and I’m looking forward to working and learning under Graham Potter and his staff.”

In a joint statement, chairman Todd Boehly and co-controlling owner Behdad Eghbali said: “We are delighted to welcome Mykhailo to Chelsea.

“He’s a hugely exciting talent who we believe will be a terrific addition to our squad both now and in the years to come.

“He will add further depth to our attack and we know he’ll get a very warm welcome to London.”

Mudryk scored seven goals and provided seven assists in 12 league matches for Shakhtar this season.

He also scored three goals and provided two assists in six Champions League games this season.

In total, Mudryk played 44 matches for Shakhtar, scoring 12 goals and providing 17 assists.

He has played eight times for the Ukraine national team after debuting last year.

He is a right-footed winger who usually prefers cutting in from the left.

Even though he prefers the left wing, he can also play anywhere across the front line.

Mudryk is an attacking-minded player who can dribble, as well as having the ability to score goals and assist others.

He can cut inside from the left and move to a more central attacking position before trying out a shot.

He can make the decisive pass to breach a defense while also using his own pace to get past defenders.

He also enjoys moving down the touchline to place dangerous crosses with his weaker left foot when the defenders least expect it.

Mudryk is extremely powerful in 1v1 situations.

Mudryk Chelsea signing makes him the fifth January signing for the club after David Datro Fofana, Benoit Badiashile, Andrey Santos and Joao Felix.

Source- https://inform.ng/sports/mudryk-chelsea-deal-completed/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Nlfpmod

(1) (Reply)

Ex Barcelona Player Faces Scandal (his Wife Reaction Afterwards) / Noni Madueke: Chelsea Complete Sixth January Signing As England Under-21 Star Ar / 10-man Rivers United Defeating DC Motema Pembe In CAF Confed Cup (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.