Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,158 members, 7,829,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Floyd Patterson On The Experience Of Being Knocked Out In Boxing - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Floyd Patterson On The Experience Of Being Knocked Out In Boxing (190 Views)

Pat Patterson Dies At 79 / Dillian Whyte Reacts After Being Knocked Out By Povetkin, Reveals Next Plan / Super Falcons Arrive Nigeria After Being Knocked Out Of FIFA Women's World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Floyd Patterson On The Experience Of Being Knocked Out In Boxing by SReporters: 12:19am On Jan 16, 2023
It's not a bad feeling to be knocked out. It's a pleasant sensation. It's not painful, just a groggy feeling. You don't see angels or stars because you're floating on a pleasant cloud.

After Liston knocked me out in Nevada, I had the sensation that everyone in the arena was actually in the ring with me, circled around me like a family, and you feel warmth toward everyone in the arena after you're knocked out.

Everyone thinks you're adorable. And you want to reach out and kiss everyone—men and women—and someone told me after the Liston fight that I actually blew a kiss to the crowd from the ring. That's something I don't recall. But I suppose it's true because that's how you feel four or five seconds after a knockout.

But then the good feeling fades. You are aware of where you are, what you are doing there, and what has just occurred to you. What follows is a hurt, a confused hurt—not a physical hurt, but a hurt mixed with anger; a what-will-people-think hurt; a shame-of-my-own-ability hurt.

And all you want is a hatch door in the middle of the ring to open, allowing you to fall through and land in your dressing room rather than having to exit the ring and face those people. The worst part of losing is having to exit the ring and face those people.'

https://www.solutionreporters.com/2023/01/16/floyd-patterson-on-the-experience-of-being-knocked-out-in-boxing/

Re: Floyd Patterson On The Experience Of Being Knocked Out In Boxing by hollandis(f): 3:57am On Jan 16, 2023
E be like say this one don crase
Re: Floyd Patterson On The Experience Of Being Knocked Out In Boxing by SReporters: 6:26am On Jan 16, 2023
hollandis:
E be like say this one don crase

grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Nice Predict - Today's Free Tips Ready!!! / Arsenal Have Made Potential Deal For Winger Moussa Diaby Of Bayer Leverkusen / Ronaldo Did Man Utd A Favour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.