Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian (6625 Views)

I Am Traveling From Asaba To Onitsha Today, This Is How Prepared I Am (Photos) / A Nairalander's Trip To London, Abu Dhabi & Lagos / I'm Traveling To London, Follow Me On My Journey..... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Benwems(m): 8:05am On Jan 16, 2023
Is it possible to enter Cotonu via land and travel from their airport same day you arrived Benin Republic to London or Europe. Would I be allowed at the airport?

1 Like

Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by bigtt76(f): 8:25am On Jan 16, 2023
If you enter the country legally and through legal routes

Benwems:
Is it possible to enter Cotonu via land and travel from their airport same day you arrived Benin Republic to London or Europe. Would I be allowed at the airport?
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Leemekzy: 8:36am On Jan 16, 2023
Yes. You can travel to any part of the world from any of the 16 ECOWAS countries as long as the EUROPEAN , AMERICAN & ASIAN visa you got from NIGERIA is not fake.

1 Like

Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Benwems(m): 8:49am On Jan 16, 2023
bigtt76:
If you enter the country legally and through legal routes

Is traveling from lagos to Cotonu via land boarder not legal route?

3 Likes

Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Benwems(m): 8:51am On Jan 16, 2023
Leemekzy:
Yes. You can travel to any part of the world from any of the 16 ECOWAS countries as long as the EUROPEAN , AMERICAN & ASIAN visa you got from NIGERIA is not fake.

Thank you. Do I require proof of negative covid-19 result or any other documentation?

1 Like

Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by bigtt76(f): 11:34am On Jan 16, 2023
If going through Seme border then no issue but if you go through Idi-iroko or other that appears to be temporarily closed then issues go de

Benwems:

5 Likes

Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Leemekzy: 11:45am On Jan 16, 2023
Benwems:

Thank you. Do I require proof of negative covid-19 result or any other documentation?
YES
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Leemekzy: 11:46am On Jan 16, 2023
Benwems:

stamp your passport at the border.
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Benwems(m): 12:05pm On Jan 16, 2023
Leemekzy:
YES

Only Covid -19 negative result?

How many hours/days is the validity of the result.
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Leemekzy: 12:20pm On Jan 16, 2023
Benwems:

Only Covid -19 negative result?

How many hours/days is the validity of the result.
2/3 days. when i traveled to france through Togo mine was 72 hours (3days) that was september last year.

1 Like

Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Benwems(m): 12:28pm On Jan 16, 2023
Leemekzy:
2/3 days. when i traveled to france through Togo mine was 72 hours (3days) that was september last year.

Thank you for your reply. I don't have to stay in Benin republic for at least 24 hours before I can board a flight?
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Leemekzy: 1:38pm On Jan 16, 2023
Benwems:

Thank you for your reply. I don't have to stay in Benin republic for at least 24 hours before I can board a flight?
you dont need to

1 Like

Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Benwems(m): 4:29pm On Jan 16, 2023
Leemekzy:
you dont need to

But COVID-19 negative result is required?
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Leemekzy: 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2023
Benwems:

But COVID-19 negative result is required?
saw online that its not need for those traveling from 9ja. But still do the test to be on the safe side.
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Benwems(m): 1:28am On Jan 17, 2023
Leemekzy:
saw online that its not need for those traveling from 9ja. But still do the test to be on the safe side.

I'm traveling from Cotonou not naija
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Leemekzy: 9:10am On Jan 17, 2023
Benwems:

Like i said earlier, take the test to be on a safe side.
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Adedoyin98: 9:52pm On May 01, 2023
Benwems:

Benwems:

Please what was the process like?

Did you do the Covid 19 test?
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Benwems(m): 11:39pm On May 01, 2023
Adedoyin98:

Please what was the process like?

Did you do the Covid 19 test?

No Covid 19 as at Feb 2023. I don’t know about now. That boarder is corruption boarder.
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Adedoyin98: 5:03pm On May 02, 2023
Benwems:

No Covid 19 as at Feb 2023. I don’t know about now. That boarder is corruption boarder.
Thank you

Please enlighten me, apart from tipping the immigration officers, what other things should I prepare for?
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Benwems(m): 5:30pm On May 02, 2023
Adedoyin98:

Thank you

Please enlighten me, apart from tipping the immigration officers, what other things should I prepare for?

There’s nothing. Two ways. Enter a big transport company like God is Good or GUO or ABC etc(they charge like 50k to 60K naira) but I think ABC is kinda cheap maybe 30K but I’m not sure but GIG and GUO is about 50-60k. GUO will ask you to pay for extra luggage is much. You pay extra 5-20k. GIG will tell you to buy extra chair if your luggage is much. Company like GUO and gig will take you into contonou but those small taxis at mile 2 etc will stop you close to the boarder you will now enter okada to cross the boarder. After which you will put into another bus or car to continue to ur journey to the airport. You will pay 5k to 10K for them to stamp ur passpor At the boarder but I not pay extra if u use gig or GUO(though u may still pay) u will be inside GUO bus when they stamping. They will collect everyone passport and submit it. And collect it and give back to u guys in the bus. After which GUO or gig will take u inside well before they put u into another direct taxi to airport. But normal transport na okada them de use cross boarder or ur leg. That’s how it works. If u using normal transport, hide ur passport at all check points in badary because Nigerian immigration and police do estort if they see u have visa in ur passport they will be checking it at the check point. So u present ur voter card or dL as means of ID and 1-2K as bribe if asked. If they ask u tell them u going to see a friend in cotonou. I recommend big transport company because no stress or extortion even at the boarder. Though they may as for small month like 5K if they see visa on the passport at the boarder.

I’m busy and typing fast so my English composition and words maybe wrong.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Adedoyin98: 8:46pm On May 02, 2023
Benwems:

There’s nothing. Two ways. Enter a big transport company like God is Good or GUO or ABC etc(they charge like 50k to 60K naira) but I think ABC is kinda cheap maybe 30K but I’m not sure but GIG and GUO is about 50-60k. GUO will ask you to pay for extra luggage is much. You pay extra 5-20k. GIG will tell you to buy extra chair if your luggage is much. Company like GUO and gig will take you into contonou but those small taxis at mile 2 etc will stop you close to the boarder you will now enter okada to cross the boarder. After which you will put into another bus or car to continue to ur journey to the airport. You will pay 5k to 10K for them to stamp ur passpor At the boarder but I not pay extra if u use gig or GUO(though u may still pay) u will be inside GUO bus when they stamping. They will collect everyone passport and submit it. And collect it and give back to u guys in the bus. After which GUO or gig will take u inside well before they put u into another direct taxi to airport. But normal transport na okada them de use cross boarder or ur leg. That’s how it works. If u using normal transport, hide ur passport at all check points in badary because Nigerian immigration and police do estort if they see u have visa in ur passport they will be checking it at the check point. So u present ur voter card or dL as means of ID and 1-2K as bribe if asked. If they ask u tell them u going to see a friend in cotonou. I recommend big transport company because no stress or extortion even at the boarder. Though they may as for small month like 5K if they see visa on the passport at the boarder.

Thanks so much, this is very helpful.

I stay in Badagry so I can’t access those big transport companies from here but I’ll find my way.

1 Like

Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Prosperity4All: 12:45am On May 03, 2023
Adedoyin98:

Thanks so much, this is very helpful.

I stay in Badagry so I can’t access those big transport companies from here but I’ll find my way.

Just cross via Seme border. Just be mindful of the tactics the extortion by officers at the Joint border patrol post.
This video details happenings there and how you can also bypass the extortion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUpAnxjmoVI

2 Likes

Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Adedoyin98: 6:56am On May 03, 2023
Prosperity4All:

Just cross via Seme border. Just be mindful of the tactics the extortion by officers at the Joint border patrol post.
This video details happenings there and how you can also bypass the extortion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUpAnxjmoVI

Thank you so much
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Olmd(m): 7:25pm On May 31, 2023
Leemekzy:
Pls do you know route to travel to Italy from Nigeria by road urgent please
My WhatsApp no 09115228757
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Leemekzy: 10:36pm On May 31, 2023
Olmd:

Pls do you know route to travel to Italy from Nigeria by road urgent please
My WhatsApp no 09115228757

Forget about this. Of every 100 that have gone through this route only 8 makes it and it will shock you the money you will spend going through this route you can use it to setup a biz here or procure a visa.

2 Likes

Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by mbapelvis: 6:24pm On Jun 01, 2023
Benwems:

What if I'm a Gambian passport holder? Will I pass without problems?
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Benwems(m): 7:59pm On Jun 01, 2023
If you are staying in Nigeria legally, you would have any problem. Legally means you don’t exceed your 90 days visa on arrival.

If you are staying illegally. Just tell them you have only ID then give them bribe and be them, you are good to go. Also since you may have over stated your visa, I recommend you use a big transport company such god is good, or GUO.
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by mbapelvis: 11:17pm On Jun 01, 2023
Benwems:
If you are staying in Nigeria legally, you would have any problem. Legally means you don’t exceed your 90 days visa on arrival.

If you are staying illegally. Just tell them you have only ID then give them bribe and be them, you are good to go. Also since you may have over stated your visa, I recommend you use a big transport company such god is good, or GUO.
Thank you
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Olmd(m): 12:24am On Jun 13, 2023
Leemekzy:

Forget about this. Of every 100 that have gone through this route only 8 makes it and it will shock you the money you will spend going through this route you can use it to setup a biz here or procure a visa.
Thanks op. I came from dubai since 2020 due to visa banned on Nigerians visa then I came back to Nigeria because I don’t want to overstay my visa over there and since then I’m struggling to go back to a better country but having financial issues after spending a lot of money in UAE I brought nothing from there that’s why I’m looking for route that won’t cost me much on this, even if I was able to travel now I will have to sell my home appliances to get money for it but I really appreciate your advice
Thanks m.
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Olmd(m): 12:28am On Jun 13, 2023
[quote author=
[/quote]
Thanks op
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by Olmd(m): 12:35am On Jun 13, 2023
Leemekzy:

pls I need a daily pay job I’m currently in osogbo but ready to relocate to any state for work please any help you can render a soul please me and my family with 2 kids are starving for food and please am ready to do any kind of work except stealing and any other illegal job here is my WhatsApp num
Re: Traveling From Cotonu To London As A Nigerian by America001: 11:08pm On Jul 30, 2023
I'm flying from Cotonou too. Hope I can see a cheap hotel around the airport. And where can I ask the GUO or GIG motors driver to stop me.

Secondly how do I cope with the French language?

Do I need yellow card too?

Anyone else that has gone through this route should come and enlighten me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help: Going To Ghana / Drop Box Us Visa Renewal / Nigeria Should Follow Ghana's And Brazil's Path.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.