Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,018 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Engineering Or Radiography, Which Is More Lucrative? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Engineering Or Radiography, Which Is More Lucrative? (702 Views)

Physiotherapy, Medical Laboratory Science Or Radiography / Should I Go For Radiography, Medical Lab Science Or Biochemistry? / 260 Jamb Score MBBS Unilag. Change Of Course To Either Nursing Or Radiography. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Engineering Or Radiography, Which Is More Lucrative? by Legend2019: 9:47am On Jan 17, 2023
Hello nairalanders, I'm a 200L mech engineering student,, I'll be 24 this year, I decided not switch to medical course, radiography to be specific, so took jamb and I'm already admitted to 100L in same school.

But now I'm weary and confused in going for the radiography again cos of age factor. Most of my mates are now graduate and I'm contemplating going to 1001 again. Though to my own knowledge, heard that radiography is better than engr....

Please, people in the house, should continue with the engineering or kindly go for the radiography...

Note: I have no issue with money

1 Like

Re: Engineering Or Radiography, Which Is More Lucrative? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:49am On Jan 17, 2023
Radiography is so much better.
Re: Engineering Or Radiography, Which Is More Lucrative? by Gerrard59(m): 12:13pm On Jan 17, 2023
Legend2019:
Hello nairalanders, I'm a 200L mech engineering student,, I'll be 24 this year, I decided not switch to medical course, radiography to be specific, so took jamb and I'm already admitted to 100L in same school.

But now I'm weary and confused in going for the radiography again cos of age factor. Most of my mates are now graduate and I'm contemplating going to 1001 again. Though to my own knowledge, heard that radiography is better than engr....

Please, people in the house, should continue with the engineering or kindly go for the radiography...

Radiography is more lucrative. Judging by the very few universities that offer it (Unilag, UNIMAID & Unical. Abi another school dey?), the supply is low while demand remains high. Any skill/program that is in high demand but has a limited supply incurs higher charges/salaries.

That aside, please re-word your post. I had a hard time understanding it. You dey 200L abi 100L abi you be Jambito? How come your then engineering classmates are now graduates when you just entered 100L Radiography? Then you said you be 200L mech eng student? I thought your mates are graduates already? Abi you mean secondary school? If so, don't worry yourself. You are in the medical field, it is normal. Also, as much as you get inspired by others, you don't have to compare yourself to them. Everyone's path is different and people have different desires/wishes in life.

2 Likes

Re: Engineering Or Radiography, Which Is More Lucrative? by Debangis20(m): 1:35pm On Jan 17, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
Radiography is so much better.
really?
Re: Engineering Or Radiography, Which Is More Lucrative? by Legend2019: 6:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
Gerrard59:

Radiography is more lucrative. Judging by the very few universities that offer it (Unilag, UNIMAID & Unical. Abi another school dey?), the supply is low while demand remains high. Any skill/program that is in high demand but has a limited supply incurs higher charges/salaries.

That aside, please re-word your post. I had a hard time understanding it. You dey 200L abi 100L abi you be Jambito? How come your then engineering classmates are now graduates when you just entered 100L Radiography? Then you said you be 200L mech eng student? I thought your mates are graduates already? Abi you mean secondary school? If so, don't worry yourself. You are in the medical field, it is normal. Also, as much as you get inspired by others, you don't have to compare yourself to them. Everyone's path is different and people have different desires/wishes in life.
No, I mean that by agemates are graduate..
I just entered 200l In mech engineering,,, for radiography, I will just be resuming as a fresher
Re: Engineering Or Radiography, Which Is More Lucrative? by HADI854: 7:15pm On Jan 17, 2023
Legend2019:

L
I think Engineering is better for me oooo.
This might be due to the fact that I an ond mechanical engineering graduate.
I be the kind person wey no Sabi hide things about me. I graduated last year with Distinction and since then, I have started off as an apprentice under my Dad's carpentry workshop.
That is one good thing about Engineering, u don't need government or company jobs to feed yourself immediately after graduation (that is if you know wetin you dey Do ooo and not like people who carry kpali up and down). I still get the plan to go learn Auto mechanic/Vehicle Body Work Repairs or even vulcanization of tyres or welding immediately I do like four consecutive years under my papa. Na the benefits of engineering b dat.
Well, I think you just need to make the choice alone.
Check your environment
Your capacity and capabilities
Although Radiography tends to kind of have promising future outside the country oooo but for me, I did stick to that engineering anywhere, anytime and any day.
����
And na my prayer b this ur own sacrifice now oooo(To go back to school as an engineering student)

2 Likes

Re: Engineering Or Radiography, Which Is More Lucrative? by Debangis20(m): 8:00am On Jan 18, 2023
HADI854:

I think Engineering is better for me oooo.
This might be due to the fact that I an ond mechanical engineering graduate.
I be the kind person wey no Sabi hide things about me. I graduated last year with Distinction and since then, I have started off as an apprentice under my Dad's carpentry workshop.
That is one good thing about Engineering, u don't need government or company jobs to feed yourself immediately after graduation (that is if you know wetin you dey Do ooo and not like people who carry kpali up and down). I still get the plan to go learn Auto mechanic/Vehicle Body Work Repairs or even vulcanization of tyres or welding immediately I do like four consecutive years under my papa. Na the benefits of engineering b dat.
Well, I think you just need to make the choice alone.
Check your environment
Your capacity and capabilities
Although Radiography tends to kind of have promising future outside the country oooo but for me, I did stick to that engineering anywhere, anytime and any day.
����
And na my prayer b this ur own sacrifice now oooo(To go back to school as an engineering student)
Re: Engineering Or Radiography, Which Is More Lucrative? by christejames(m): 8:16am On Jan 18, 2023
Radiography is nice...

It's a specialized discipline just like engineering but where radiography has an edge is that it's just few people that offers it and securing job with it is quite easier in Nigeria.
Re: Engineering Or Radiography, Which Is More Lucrative? by Legend2019: 8:19am On Jan 18, 2023
Lalasticlacla
Re: Engineering Or Radiography, Which Is More Lucrative? by Debangis20(m): 12:36pm On Feb 12, 2023
Gerrard59:

UDUS offers it.

(1) (Reply)

Apply To Free Vocational Schools In Finland / US Supreme Court Outlaws Affirmative Action In University Admission, Says Race C / What Is The Salary Of DPO In India ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.