Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,891 members, 7,817,621 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:41 PM

The Captain That Never Was. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Captain That Never Was. (868 Views)

"Captain Jack": A Val Story Written By John Mfon / The Adventures Of Captain Gidi / Adventures Of Tin Tin And Captain Haddock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Captain That Never Was. by captainzee4life(m): 11:44am On Jan 19, 2023
Disclaimer: This intellectual missive is not an attempt to dube characters from other books and other persons write up. It is a true story with some made up names. The cover image was gotten online but the content was original. It has never be published anywhere.

Expectations: It's runs suspense, envy, romance and a mixture of Nigerianness.

Duration: Long but not long. You won't regret following this story of a captain that never was.

My Demand: Kindly drop a comment if you are following to enable me connect.

Get your bowl of popcorn and a chilled soft drink if not Beer and enjoy this story!

Re: The Captain That Never Was. by captainzee4life(m): 12:04pm On Jan 19, 2023
NARRATOR VOICE:

Just behind the great gate of learning before me, mine was the story of the greatest ship captain that never was.

A lad filled with dreams that seems far-fetched but the cradles of life always stitch him back to his rags.

What will destroy him is still not known but what he will become lies beneath the deep blue.

Now, the story begins!!!! (Bass voice)

Prelude
Gong! Gong!! Gong!!! The sound from the town crier gong woke him to the reality of life.

Zion! Zion!! Wake up you lazy cunt. Why sleep thou?

Hey Pheobe. I thought you went murdering God's creatures.

Hmm! Murdering indeed. Said Pheobe. You sleepeth like thou are dead.

Phoebe, please stop Shakespeare's diction. I can't get my head around it.

Really! I will employ Pablo in my meeting with the town chief.

Then you will have yourself to blame. Said, Zion.

Zion, I have come to invite you to the chief ceremony. He's celebrating his heroic feat that history never captured.

I gave Pheobe a cynical stare and uttered; according to Nana Ekpo, we were voyagers lost. How can voyagers be lost? They are discoverers. Shaaa, this is one of the numerous questions Nana Ekpo will one day answer.

Zion, save me these boring historic folk tales and let's go eat and drink some fresh wine.

As I walked barefoot with my childhood friend, I got lost in my thought. The figment of my imagination began to gain relevance and I stopped, gazed at the sea and saw the ship of Poseidon.

Look. That's Poseidon. She returns.

**Oooh, Poseidon.
How great and beautiful are thou.
Your strength is unmatched and your captain is fully roped.
Your dance on the sea gives nature its chinny glimpse.**

Phoebe. Can you stop all this poetic admiration for a ship.

Don't tell me you are hating on her.

Me, Zion, hate on a wooden ship and it's sailor. Never. Not me.
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by ztkeeva355: 1:48am On May 19, 2023
Ok
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by captainzee4life(m): 9:40am On May 29, 2023
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by captainzee4life(m): 6:00pm On Jun 02, 2023
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by Uthman51(m): 8:28am On Jun 03, 2023
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by captainzee4life(m): 11:50am On Jun 05, 2023
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by captainzee4life(m): 1:06pm On Jun 05, 2023
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by kstyle2(m): 4:10pm On Jun 05, 2023
@curtisaxel10. Uyo controls
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by captainzee4life(m): 7:36am On Jun 09, 2023
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by captainzee4life(m): 12:22am On Jun 12, 2023
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by captainzee4life(m): 1:31pm On Jun 15, 2023
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by captainzee4life(m): 1:25pm On Jun 16, 2023
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by captainzee4life(m): 7:28am On Jun 19, 2023
Good morning sir JONSYN7154. I'm so sorry for disturbing your peace on this thread of mine. Sir, I am a self-sponsoring student and I am from a background that has not even a little. Please sir, my little brother of 6 years hasn't paid his school fee of 15,600.

I am picking up jobs on upwork and I have been paying my brother's school fees but as it stands now, I couldn't meet up because my school increased our fee and the money I save couldn't make me pay for his. Please sir JONSYN7154 if you can help this stranger with any amount to pull together to make my little brother resume school this week? I had to result to this because I have no place else and I couldn't get any projects on Upwork for now. Please, sir. If it can warrant I pay back via collecting my private info and doing a video call, I am ready. I am pained to see my promising little brother at home.

I beg you with the almighty God to please help this stranger with whatever you please. I know you are not obliged to but I plead sir.
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by JONSYN7154: 9:51am On Jun 19, 2023
captainzee4life:
Good morning sir JONSYN7154. I'm so sorry for disturbing your peace on this thread of mine. Sir, I am a self-sponsoring student and I am from a background that has not even a little. Please sir, my little brother of 6 years hasn't paid his school fee of 15,600.

I am picking up jobs on upwork and I have been paying my brother's school fees but as it stands now, I couldn't meet up because my school increased our fee and the money I save couldn't make me pay for his. Please sir JONSYN7154 if you can help this stranger with any amount to pull together to make my little brother resume school this week? I had to result to this because I have no place else and I couldn't get any projects on Upwork for now. Please, sir. If it can warrant I pay back via collecting my private info and doing a video call, I am ready. I am pained to see my promising little brother at home.

I beg you with the almighty God to please help this stranger with whatever you please. I know you are not obliged to but I plead sir.
A blissful morning to you.

I'd have love to help but am out of the country. I left on Friday .
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by captainzee4life(m): 5:55pm On Jun 19, 2023
JONSYN7154:
A blissful morning to you.

I'd have love to help but am out of the country. I left on Friday .

Oooooh no. My God what kind of il luck is this. I knew you were a man with a golden heart. Sir, apart from this unforeseen circumstance Inground. Is there no other way sir? I am sorry for disturbing you.so, I'm out of option. God please . please God.
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by JONSYN7154: 6:14pm On Jun 19, 2023
captainzee4life:

Oooooh no. My God what kind of il luck is this. I knew you were a man with a golden heart. Sir, apart from this unforeseen circumstance Inground. Is there no other way sir? I am sorry for disturbing you.so, I'm out of option. God please . please God.
Can't do anything until am back Sir.
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by captainzee4life(m): 9:13pm On Jun 19, 2023
JONSYN7154:

I will wait until you come back, sir. God bless you.
Re: The Captain That Never Was. by captainzee4life(m): 2:47pm On Sep 07, 2023
JONSYN7154:

Good afternoon sir. Sorry for disturbing you. You once asked me to get back to you in form that when you return in to t he country . I am dire need of your help sir. Thanks.

(1) (Reply)

Looking For A Ghostwriter? I can generate 3/5k Words of Fiction daily. / Tribute To Whisky! / The Snake That Poisons Every Body!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.