Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,070 members, 7,821,674 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. (3623 Views)

What Was Your Worst Moment In 2012? / What's Your Worst Moment In Life,and How Did U Come Over It: / What's Ur Worst Moment In Life And How Did U Handle It: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by Opoki(m): 8:16pm On Sep 06, 2011
I've experienced alot of traffic hold ups but yesterday was brutal.
It happened around 8:45pm around Ojoo area in IB: Thanks to policemen,they are the cause as usual and this 2gentlemen walk up to my carone of them silently say "Pls sir we are a graduate of UI with 2:1 but as you can see,we have no job and we have to feed our family,kindly submit your fone and your bag ma(reffering to my wife),don't worry you'll get your bag later" I have never experience such in my life. These guys have pistol and the weird part is that there pistol has silencer meaning they can kill(shoot) with little or no sound!
pistol has silencer meaning they can kill(shoot) with little or no sound!
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by werepeLeri: 8:18pm On Sep 06, 2011
graduate my foot.
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by ragdollz: 8:21pm On Sep 06, 2011
Opoki:

It happened around 8:45pm around Ojoo area in IB: Thanks to policemen,they are the cause as usual and this 2gentlemen walk up to my carone of them silently say "Pls sir we are a graduate of UI with 2:1 but as you can see,we have no job and we have to feed our family, [size=28pt]kindly[/size] submit your fone and your bag ma(reffering to my wife),don't worry you'll get your bag later" I have never experience such in my life. These guys have pistol and the weird part is that there pistol has silencer meaning they can kill(shoot) with little or no sound!

What the ---- !!!! Talk about "kindly"!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin

OK, it's no joking matter but trust me, many people would wish to meet such gentle robbers and not the slit-throats who'd kill someone just for a dumb watch!!!
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by logica(m): 1:49am On Sep 07, 2011
Opoki:

the weird part is that there pistol has silence
More likely a fake than a real gun. But then, since Ojoo hosts an Army Barrack (which is where most guns used in robberies in this country come from) it might be a bad idea to think it's a fake.But generally silencers are not so accessible because they are only used within the secret service or high end murder-for-hire networks.
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by seedord247(m): 1:49am On Sep 07, 2011
RagBaby. . . I got a 60 heels shoe for you . . . let me know if you are interested
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by kabukabu50(m): 1:52am On Sep 07, 2011
Opoki:

It happened around 8:45pm around Ojoo area in IB: Thanks to policemen,they are the cause as usual and this 2gentlemen walk up to my carone of them silently say "Pls sir we are a graduate of UI with 2:1 but as you can see,we have no job and we have to feed our family,kindly submit your fone and your bag ma(reffering to my wife),don't worry you'll get your bag later" I have never experience such in my life. These guys have pistol and the weird part is that there pistol has silencer meaning they can kill(shoot) with little or no sound!

You should get one of these for peace of mind, grin grin

Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by oge4real(f): 2:19am On Sep 07, 2011
This is absurd. Is this a polite way of robbery? Well, its not all that new. Afterall some even write letters to prospective victims to book appointment.
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by tEsLim(m): 2:21am On Sep 07, 2011
Experienced that on Oshodi Mile2 express at first they begged then the pistol. Still have phobia whenever I drive near the Challenge b/s area and there is traffic. Generally I fear Mainland traffics. Feel safer on the Island some how  i dont know. And that day I think my dressing was somewhat funny still , they didn't ask for the big white gold chain on my neck lol, cos I taught something like that attracted them
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by jumpmasta(m): 6:44am On Sep 07, 2011
logica:

More likely a fake than a real gun. But then, since Ojoo hosts an Army Barrack (which is where most guns used in robberies in this country come from) it might be a bad idea to think it's a fake.But generally silencers are not so accessible because they are only used within the secret service or high end murder-for-hire networks.
I CAN SEE HOW IGNORANT YOU ARE OF EVEN BASIC THINGS, I WONDER IF U ARE THE COMMANDER IN THE ARMY BARRACKS ISSUING OUT THE WEAPONS FOR YOUR VILLAGE ROBBERS, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ,JUST MOVE ON AND STOP THIS UNWARRANTED ANIMOSITY AGAINST THE ARMY. tongue tongue
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by manakeagie: 7:52am On Sep 07, 2011
My worst experience in Jam Was Thursday last week , we were in Jam close to 3 hours and i was very late for office and this traffic officer started jazzing us instead of letting us go,
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by Jarus(m): 9:04am On Sep 07, 2011
One of my senior colleagues(who is also a popular Nairalander) also had similar experience not long ago. But in his own case, they left a small mark in his chin.
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by Odunnu: 9:28am On Sep 07, 2011
Lol. Had almost same experience last year in upper Iweka Onitsha.
Was coming back from a wedding in Asaba with my uncle and his wife.
In a very thick jam, this well dressed guy walks up to my side of the car (I was browsing with my phone earlier but had to stop and put the fone beside me) and said to me 'nne, chooro umu onitcha nke fa', I was stil trying to make a meanin outta what he just said when he grabbed at my necklace pulling, cutting and making away with it. Sad thing, nobody stopped him.
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by Opoki(m): 10:26am On Sep 07, 2011
werepeLeri:

graduate my foot.
Considering the way this guys approached,i'm sure they've been to school but probably an early leaver.
Odunnu:

Lol. Had almost same experience last year in upper Iweka Onitsha.
Was coming back from a wedding in Asaba with my uncle and his wife.
In a very thick jam, this well dressed guy walks up to my side of the car (I was browsing with my phone earlier but had to stop and put the fone beside me) and said to me 'nne, chooro umu onitcha nke fa', I was stil trying to make a meanin outta what he just said when he grabbed at my necklace pulling, cutting and making away with it. Sad thing, nobody stopped him.
Nobody dare Stop him even in broad-day light.
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by blank(f): 11:01am On Sep 07, 2011
My mum told me of when she was in a traffic jam and wanted to buy something. She wound down and the guy grabbed her necklace that was on her neck and ran away. She now has a phobia for buying stuff in traffic. It left a wound on her neck.
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by logica(m): 1:03pm On Sep 07, 2011
jumpmasta:

I CAN SEE HOW IGNORANT YOU ARE OF EVEN BASIC THINGS, I WONDER IF U ARE THE COMMANDER IN THE ARMY BARRACKS ISSUING OUT THE WEAPONS FOR YOUR VILLAGE ROBBERS, IF YOU DON'T HAVE ANYTHING TO SAY ,JUST MOVE ON AND STOP THIS UNWARRANTED ANIMOSITY AGAINST THE ARMY. tongue tongue
Monkey. Are you in the Army? Well, it's an open secret - everybody knows even your sick family that most of the arms used in robberies and even the armed robbers themselves come from Army Barracks. Mor.on.
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by Jarus(m): 1:34pm On Sep 07, 2011
Opoki:

Nobody dare Stop him even in broad-day light.

This is the most annoying part. Everybody will watch as if nothing is happening.
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by Josh316(m): 6:47pm On Sep 07, 2011
Silencer kor!!! Silencers are not as common as AK-47s and are more expensive than guns generally. The gun must have been fake but obviously, its better to play safe than risk testing the genuineness of the gun. However, its sad that security in Nigeria has gone to the pigs (dogs have better hygiene sef), its time to buy guns to provide personal security,
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by oneluvb55(f): 7:41pm On Sep 07, 2011
wen i was very pressed dat i nearly urinated, but i ran out
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by hazureal(f): 9:14pm On Sep 07, 2011
Mine was in 2008, when some portions of the 3rd mainland bridge were being repaired.
I took a public transport bus to work that day and we got stuck in traffic on the bridge for hours. To make things worse, it started raining heavily and we had to roll the glass up.
It was so stuffy in the bus and as if the suffering wasn't enough, someone started farting! I nearly threw up cos of the terrible smell. When i couldn't take it anymore, i decided to open the window by my side to let some air in, not minding my clothes being drenched.
I got to the office dirty and very upset and had to borrow my colleague's jacket to hide the dirt on my shirt.
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by zsch: 6:55pm On Sep 08, 2011
Have had several traffic wahala ranging from beggers to roadside 'marketers' to touts. The begger story was probably the most irritating.
So i'm in a public transport when a fresh black dude comes up to the window and starts blabbing bout how unfair life has been and how he needs monsy to grab lunch, seeing that no one was paying him attention, the dude went beserk and started pouring saliva on the passsengers repeatedly. He ws pretty lucky that the bus was already moving and d door was jammed. But seriously, c'mon.
Dont even want to talk bout the touts and d police escapades (or even d sneaky urchin b**tard that ran off with ma change after buying something and d traffic suddenly cleared up font).
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by Opoki(m): 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2011
oneluvb55:

wen i was very pressed dat i nearly urinated, but i ran out

grin grin grin
hazureal:

It was so stuffy in the bus and as if the suffering wasn't enough, someone started farting! I nearly threw up cos of the terrible smell. When i couldn't take it anymore, i decided to open the window by my side to let some air in, not minding my clothes being drenched.
I got to the office dirty and very upset and had to borrow my colleague's jacket to hide the dirt on my shirt.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Share Your Worst Moment Inside Traffic Jam. by EmmaTay(m): 9:34pm On Nov 16, 2012
not too bad

(1) (Reply)

Read This If You Need Connection To Rich People In 9ja / How Many Times Have You Been Banned On This Forum...? And State The Reasons.. / All About Flashing Nokia Phones And How To Flash Nokia Phones Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.