Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,435 members, 7,819,579 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:26 PM

How Many People Have Hired Northerners As Night Guards - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Many People Have Hired Northerners As Night Guards (1006 Views)

US Prisoner Impregnates Four Female Prison Guards / Indomie Instant Millionare Promo! Many People Are Winning Oo What Do You Say / Hired Helps In Nigeria, Modern Day Slavery? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Many People Have Hired Northerners As Night Guards by markos: 1:41pm On Aug 28, 2007
Hausa men in Nigeria are known to be one of the best Night guards in the country or is it mere fiction

I can remember we had quite a few Hausa night guards, there was one we had in particular, All he did was come over for duty around 8 and start sleeping in his mat in the small hut we built as the security post

My dad will wake up sometimes at 12 or 1 and he would be sleeping, even snoring, he had his bow and arrow next to him for protection

one unfortunate night, our neighbourhood was visited by robbers, when he heard the usual shouts of ''OLE'' he suddenly got up and ran to our door asking us to let him in that there were robbers around

My dad shouted from the window that his job was to protect the family from robbers and he should go use his bow and arrow to fight the robbers

he just kept banging the door, my dad said he will let him if he can produce the 9 months salary he had been paying him because all he seem to do was sleep on duty, My dad even offered to pay for his funeral, i even shouted that if he fought the robbers, i will buy him a drink on my neck!!

needless to say the Megida ran towards the fence and scaled our high wall like Javier sotomayor from cuba, damn never seen a man jump almost 10 feet, we never saw the man ever, we still have his bow and arrow as a souvenir

anyone had any similar experience??
Re: How Many People Have Hired Northerners As Night Guards by Afariogun1(m): 4:48pm On Aug 31, 2007
That's very funny!
Re: How Many People Have Hired Northerners As Night Guards by Nobody: 1:25pm On Aug 04, 2015
misspresident brought this topic back to life from the comma the wait is over.
Re: How Many People Have Hired Northerners As Night Guards by GreatManBee: 7:46pm On Feb 20, 2017
misspresident:
misspresident brought this topic back to life from the comma the wait is over.
lol
Re: How Many People Have Hired Northerners As Night Guards by Nobody: 11:34pm On Feb 20, 2017
GreatManBee:
lol

ahan since 2015 lmao
Re: How Many People Have Hired Northerners As Night Guards by GreatManBee: 12:53am On Feb 21, 2017
misspresident:

ahan since 2015 lmao
Yes o. It was a good laugh for me.
Re: How Many People Have Hired Northerners As Night Guards by Nobody: 7:40am On Feb 21, 2017
GreatManBee:
Yes o. It was a good laugh for me.

really awwwnnn smiley
Re: How Many People Have Hired Northerners As Night Guards by zlatan10(m): 12:52pm On Feb 21, 2017
funny man lalasticlala FP material

(1) (Reply)

Am In A Fix / Seun Unlock The Topic: The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. / Black List Of Nairaland Stalkers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.