Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,137 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting (28262 Views)

Chidi Mokeme's Sister And Cousin Are Dead (Photos) / Genevieve Nnaji, Chidi Mokeme And Hanks Anuku (Throwback Photo) / I Want To Quit Acting - Gideon Okeke Reveals (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by AmuDimpka: 8:47am On Jan 26, 2023
Chidi was good

He got the role well...he balanced the yoruba crime lord and igbo crime don ... Speaking the languages fluently
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by Amayabor1: 8:50am On Jan 26, 2023
webincomeplus:

There’s a difference between "can" and "will". As a doctor, I've seen very mild cases that don't affect speech. And yes, there was facial dropping in those cases.

Oga, facial dropping will always affect speech. The question will now be to the degree to which speech is affected.

If you understand the anatomy of the muscles of the face and the muscles involved in speech production, then you will know that there is no way a patient who has facial dropping (for whatever cause) will have a normal speech.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by webincomeplus(m): 9:06am On Jan 26, 2023
Amayabor1:

Oga, facial dropping will always affect speech. The question will now be to the degree to which speech is affected.

If you understand the anatomy of the muscles of the face and the muscles involved in speech production, then you will know that there is no way a patient who has facial dropping (for whatever cause) will have a normal speech.
I hear you.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by FireUpNow(m): 9:29am On Jan 26, 2023
webincomeplus:

It varies in degree from patient to patient, depending on which muscle groups are involved. If the muscles of speech aren't involved, speech remains normal, but facial drooping persists-- and that's a constant sign. Even the facial deformity varies in severity -- from just a slight drooping of the eyelids on the affected side to a complete deformity of the mouth and cheeks.
Great to hear I am disputing your input into this. God bless you, shalom
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by delzbaba(m): 10:16am On Jan 26, 2023
samsard:
You people think every disease is a result of lifestyle?
Maybe you'll blame cancer patients & glaucoma patients for causing their condition with their 20s lifestyle. E never touch you and that's why you can act perfect instead of sympathetic
so a young man that takes loud and tramadol heavily in his twenties may be fit and fiddle in his fifties because of good genes?

1 Like

Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by webincomeplus(m): 11:22am On Jan 26, 2023
FireUpNow:
Great to hear I am disputing your input into this. God bless you, shalom
Just another reason why my colleagues don't argue with those who know nothing about clinical practice. I know better now.

I see your motive is to "win the argument" and not to be enlightened. Well, let me make you happy: You have won.

But if you want to learn, ask any consultant neurologist or any other doctor who knows his onions: Do all cases of Bell's palsy present with speech affectation?
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by FireUpNow(m): 11:35am On Jan 26, 2023
webincomeplus:

Just another reason why my colleagues don't argue with those who know nothing about clinical practice. I know better now.

I see your motive is to "win the argument" and not to be enlightened. Well, let me make you happy: You have won.

But if you want to learn, ask any consultant neurologist or any other doctor who knows his onions: Do all cases of Bell's palsy present with speech affectation?
Guy sorry jare I meant to say I will not dispute your input, I forgot to type the NOT. Sorry please
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by LaSenior: 11:37am On Jan 26, 2023
Banging over aged kitty cat can cause this issue
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by webincomeplus(m): 11:38am On Jan 26, 2023
FireUpNow:

Guy sorry jare I meant to say I will not dispute your input, I forgot to type the NOT. Sorry please
Chai. See the impact of the omission of a single word. No problem. Thanks for the clarification.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by samsard(m): 11:45am On Jan 26, 2023
delzbaba:
so a young man that takes loud and tramadol heavily in his twenties may be fit and fiddle in his fifties because of good genes?
The point is you make it sound like every disease is a result of conscious lifestyle choices, which can lead to bad stereotypes. People can eat healthy, exercise, avoid drugs and processed food, smile all the time and still go down with anything from a mental health condition to cancer.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by FireUpNow(m): 11:46am On Jan 26, 2023
webincomeplus:

Chai. See the impact of the omission of a single word. No problem. Thanks for the clarification.
the impact is too much oo and it conveyed a very wrong idea. Thanks
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by aycorporat(m): 11:50am On Jan 26, 2023
delzbaba:
One important thing I've learnt in life is that,what ever lifestyle you live in your twenties and early thirties will affect your general health much later in life, sure banker

Baba are you stylishly saying that Chidi Mokeme lived a fast lane kind of life with his affairs with older women and other things? shocked
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by planetx: 11:52am On Jan 26, 2023
Bells palsy one of the covid vaccine side effects.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by Adewale1603(m): 12:55pm On Jan 26, 2023
ThierryJay:
No wonder. I noticed since that his head always seemed tilted to a side while his eyes and cheeks twitched periodically. I thought it was all part of the tough guy swag he adopted on screen.

Speedy recovery to the Ultimate man.
I do noticed this too. I never knew he had a condition
Re: Chidi Mokeme Says He Suffered From Bell's Palsy Which Made Him Quit Acting by lawsbanks: 1:28pm On Jan 26, 2023
modsfucker:

Forget physiotherapist, my friend has a similar issue, though his own is mild, he couldn't raise one eyebrow, and he's been going for physio for almost a year now, and nothing has changed.

Some resolve, some don't, at least you should try. I've seen two people resolve, and that's enough reason to try

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Daddy Freeze Apologizes To Nigerians In UK Over COS Deportation Threats / Peter Okoye Welcomes Baby Aliona / Iya Rainbow On Set With Tiwa Savage [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.