Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,947 members, 7,835,157 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie - TV/Movies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie (36416 Views)

Linda Ikeji With Cast Of Dark October At The Movie’s Premiere / Kunle Afolayan Partners Netflix To Launch Film Academy (Video) / Judge Orders Netflix To Remove Gay Jesus Movie “The First Temptation Of Christ.” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:14am On Jan 26, 2023
Buddha3:

Oga, every event that occurs in life must someday be told as a story, whether the parties involved like it or not.

If I reside in Finland and decide to make a movie of the ALUU incident, will these parents come there and tell me to shut it down?

You people should learn to sometimes bury rubbish sentiments and reason issues logically. What's all this noise sef? When books and movies were made about the Biafran civil war, was the entire Igbo land asked for consent as to whether they wanted their story to be told or not?

Una too dey do for this country!

Your use of the Biafra analogy sir, goes to show you're tone-deaf.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nuzo1(m): 8:16am On Jan 26, 2023
Buddha3:

Families of the boys will have a significant share of the profits?

LMAO!

Are you people on this forum even serious? Jesus Christ! Please under what legal framework is she supposed to share proceeds with the families? Because she retold a true life story? Did she use the actual names of the victims and their families?

I sincerely thought nairalanders were more intelligent than this. My God!

What the heck are you even talking about sef? Is she the only one that has made a movie or documentary about real life stories of other people?

Usually in other climes you want to claim knowledge of, families of such people are usually contacted and even more and true information is gotten and the stories well told in a manner it won’t be too traumatic for the families. In most cases, those families are made co-producers.

Where most families are not usually contacted are cases where the characters are criminals and cases well established by the courts.

Look, I never said she would be found wanting by the court.

It’s not legal stuf, but a moral thing.

Blackmail people here all you want, if the families are not well taken care of; it will be clear Linda set out to profit from the families suffering from day one.

2 Likes

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by backnbeta(f): 8:16am On Jan 26, 2023
Lionize:
It depends on how the narration goes in the movie. Story must be told.
With or without the consent of the victims' family? Even if the story is in favor of the boys, there is what we call ethical considerations

4 Likes

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Chetas81(m): 8:16am On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:
So Linda & Co made a movie on this incident without seeking the permission of the traumatised parents of the guys burnt to death? shocked

How about somebody beat and burn to death that Linda's only son, Jason or what's his name and then I go make a movie about it without considering her trauma or/and seeking her permission? undecided

Nigerians will always tag Buhari as evil and the personalization of everything that's wrong with this country. But the vast majority of Nigerians are desperately evil.. For them, money comes 1st, and any other thing or person can go to hell sad

So of all the things Linda & Co had to try to cash out from, it is that horrible incident that the family of those guys are trying as much as possible to forget?..After cashing out from immortalizing the terror these parents are trying to hard to bury, so Linda can comfortably go to sleep while these people are forever reminded by her movie of a a terror best forgotten?

How can Linda, being a mother herself, albeit an unfortunate and useless one, be so callous?
THE BLACK AFRICAN CITIZENS DON'T LEARNT LESSON FROM THE PROBLEM OF OTHER CITIZENS
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Agbegbaorogboye: 8:18am On Jan 26, 2023
Buddha3:

Now I know you're only arguing to show the crowd that you can use certain vocabularies.

What do you mean by "libel, slander, defamation"? Disclaimers like you've rightly alluded to, are put in mostly movies told from the writers' imaginations, just to ward off court cases in the events someone somwhere coincidentally relates to the contents and decides to sue. But we've all seen tons of movies made and from the very first scene, we're told they're from true life events. In the case of the latter, disclaimers are not needed. And if the actual names of the affected parties or their families and loved ones are not used, there's absolutelt no legal basis for consultations and consents. I have said this countless times on this thread already.

But since you, the families and some other Nigerians feel very strongly that Linda Ikeji and Netflix have erred in the making of this movie, kindly approach the courts. And since you're not willing to learn beyond the prism of your emotional confines, abeg I don tire to dey argue with you!

It's seems you did not read to understand what I'm saying. So long as it's based on true events and acknowledged so in the story, any part of the story that the family have a problem with, they can approach the courts. It doesn't matter if the names are changed as long as it is written in the movie that it is based on the aluu-4 event. Everyone knows what aluu-4 is and who those affected were.

Learn and learn. Even the name change can lead to being sued in court because those were not the names in aluu-4.

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by E2000: 8:19am On Jan 26, 2023
Nigerians and small brains.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Patriotsleague: 8:20am On Jan 26, 2023
Na cultism kill them, claiming to be.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nobody: 8:21am On Jan 26, 2023
Nuzo1:

What the heck are you even talking about sef? Is she the only one that has made a movie or documentary about real life stories of other people?

Usually in other climes you want to claim knowledge of, families of such people are usually contacted and even more and true information is gotten and the stories well told in a manner it won’t be too traumatic for the families. In most cases, those families are made co-producers.

Where most families are not usually contacted are cases where the characters are criminals and cases well established by the courts.

Look, I never said she would be found wanting by the court.

It’s not legal stuf, but a moral thing.

Blackmail people here all you want, if the families are not well taken care of; it will be clear Linda set out to profit from the families suffering from day one.

Thank you!

Finally, at least one person understands exactly what I have been trying to say.

I don't care for her motive behind the movie. I'm only seeking to correct the false impression I deduced from the first two pages of this thread, that she is "supposed" to contact the families. If she does, it's just moral and emotional decency at play and not because the law demands it. And again, if she decides to compensate the family, it is still a moral obligation and not because the law demands it. But if she decides not to do any of that and still goes ahead with the movie release, then she's well within the ambits of the law, and if people seek to demonise her for lacking empathy and what-not, that's basically what it is, and not cause she broke any law.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by traihit: 8:21am On Jan 26, 2023
God1000:
Good, they should not use that tragic event to make money.

None of them said anything about bringing the perpetrators to book since all these years.

Welcome to a new society where everyone seems to care but we we actually care about is making more money.

Even without relating to those parents, it gives me a chill remembering the event.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by PrimadonnaO(f): 8:22am On Jan 26, 2023
Nature12:

The whole of PH city were traumatized I would not want to see the movie so as not to open a closed injury. I believe even if you were not in PH city then or still not try to search the video and watch trust me you will not ask for this story to be told by someone who cares just for the money #Aluu 4

I don't even want to see the movie.

I'm alarmed that Linda's making a movie of it

I remember the day the video was circulating in class. 2012!

...and the story of the setup.

Goosebumps raised on my skin.

I wailed!

Till date I haven't seen the graphic video. Only saw a snippet accidentally.

What's the good in such a movie?

What's the essence of retelling the story?

Is there a moral lesson?

Is it a heroic story?

Is it a national accolade?

Linda's just unthinking!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 26, 2023
PrimadonnaO:

Your use of the Biafra analogy sir, goes to show you're tone-deaf.

I take a very strong dislike to being insulted, especially by a woman.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nobody: 8:26am On Jan 26, 2023
Lionize:
..you are right
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by torqque7(m): 8:28am On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:
So Linda & Co made a movie on this incident without seeking the permission of the traumatised parents of the guys burnt to death? shocked

How about somebody beat and burn to death that Linda's only son, Jason or what's his name and then I go make a movie about it without considering her trauma or/and seeking her permission? undecided

Nigerians will always tag Buhari as evil and the personalization of everything that's wrong with this country. But the vast majority of Nigerians are desperately evil.. For them, money comes 1st, and any other thing or person can go to hell sad

So of all the things Linda & Co had to try to cash out from, it is that horrible incident that the family of those guys are trying as much as possible to forget?..After cashing out from immortalizing the terror these parents are trying to hard to bury, so Linda can comfortably go to sleep while these people are forever reminded by her movie of a a terror best forgotten?

How can Linda, being a mother herself, albeit an unfortunate and useless one, be so callous?

A very unfortunate woman indeed, she should by sued for billions,what nonsense.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by lastchild: 8:28am On Jan 26, 2023
They are right but can't win if the producers of the movie decided to go ahead.

They will always say the movie is not about the boys' murder, and no one can prove it otherwise
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Greattha: 8:30am On Jan 26, 2023
Buddha3:

The world over, those involved are only consulted if the producers want to use the exact names and details involved. That is the only legal basis for consultations and agreements.

Much as the incident was painful, it does not change the fact there's absolutely no legal framework that mandates anybody to consult the families before recreating the incident through movies, songs or books. What you Nigerians are doing right now is purely tantamount to emotional blackmail.

Do you know there are children today who do not know about the ALUU story? Do you know most Nigerians have even forgotten about it? Since you're preaching decency, can you be honest enough to tell us that you remembered the ALUU incident since it happened to this day? If this movie had not been made, would you even remember those boys? Linda Ikeji should be appreciated more than vilified. She's keeping the memories of those boys alive.

Our prayers and thoughts have always been with the affected families. But this story has to be told, like Chijioke Iloanya who lost his life in the hands of Anambra state SARS officers, like countless other stories.

You sound like a beneficiary or an advocate of Linda...(no offence).

Did you see the video? Did you see where an animal was hitting the head of someone's child continously with a stick and the spasm that resulted from being set ablaze with petrol and tyres?

What memory is Linda Ikeji keeping alive?
The families obviously have not healed. No sane parent who saw that horrible video of the killing has healed...yes maybe life had moved on but that doesn't mean it's been forgotten.
Especially when no one was held culpable as usual.

No one is preaching decency....just that we shouldn't justify wrong when it suits us.

Does the fact that lawyers defend known criminals in court mean its right? Just because there's a legal framework to back such?

Surely, Linda must've consulted her lawyers before doing this and they've assured her there won't be any fallout...but law is not static but dynamic.

Why that exact event? Of all the myriad of problems in Nigeria why ALUU 4?

There was nothing else to make a movie about? It's cos the families may not be buoyant enough to afford great lawyers who would dig up loopholes to be exploited.

We're all entitled to our convictions though.

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Pius247(m): 8:33am On Jan 26, 2023
Lionize:

No matter how the story is told, it won't cost them anything to seek permission from the family. We are talking of unjust murder of vibrant Nigerians without justice till this very moment.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Nobody: 8:35am On Jan 26, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

It's seems you did not read to understand what I'm saying. So long as it's based on true events and acknowledged so in the story, any part of the story that the family have a problem with, they can approach the courts. It doesn't matter if the names are changed as long as it is written in the movie that it is based on the aluu-4 event. Everyone knows what aluu-4 is and who those affected were.

Learn and learn. Even the name change can lead to being sued in court because those were not the names in aluu-4.

I hear you, Mr Agbe.

But have you stopped to ask yourself why the group championing this course on behalf of the parents are yet to approach the courts and have rather been seeking audience with Ikeji and Netflix?

Have you stopped to wonder why Netflix is going ahead with the production despite claims that the families have not been contacted? You think a movie conglomerate that big does not have a legal department to advise on all inputs and consequences before proceeding?

Yes, Linda Ikeji erred on the moral side for not talking to the families prior to this movie making and she deserves whatever dragging she gets. But, she is not bound by any law anywhere to do so.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by AgentGoat: 8:36am On Jan 26, 2023
Me rembering that unfortunate incident is hurting me. They must not release that movie .

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by penearth(m): 8:37am On Jan 26, 2023
The slain families have d absolute right to seize d said premier. It's absolutely disgusting to this modern ere wia grown ups don't reason twice before embarking on gigantic projects like this. 2012 trauma long and forgotten with soooo much pains that accompanird it. Boom a resurface premier hitting d screen; no family will ever think to get such entertainment with their past agony

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Enemyofpeace: 8:37am On Jan 26, 2023
Linda Ikeja always like to enrich herself from people's pains and agonies. Bloody bitch!

No body is trekking for any aspirants this time around, las las our mumu don do

2 Likes

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by meobizy(f): 8:37am On Jan 26, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Really? And that gives her the right to appropriate their life and death due herself?
That’s a question for her not a random text generator on Nairaland.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by meobizy(f): 8:39am On Jan 26, 2023
PrimadonnaO:

This is a devil's advocate-angle... and I don't think it holds much water.

The fact that she kept publishing spin-offs from the event doesn't mean she had genuine personal sympathies. She's a blogger! She was making money off a trending story.

From events past, Linda has shown that she can be truly cold & insensitive to other people's feelings. She would publish any story so long as it's a story and "juicy."

These are people's lives, for crying out loud!

I have no respect for her kind of blogging!

Ruining people!

Let people tell their stories or share their secrets themselves.

The fact that people in general love to read about the stories, miseries & whatnot of other people doesn't mean it's a good thing putting people's lives out there in that manner.
This movie she went on to produce is quite unnecessary in my opinion.

ALUU-4 wasn't a hidden event.

She's not uncovering anything.

The families have reconciled the events and moved on with their lives, their grief in their bag.

Why reopen those wounds?
Your grievance is noted.

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Karemarealty288(m): 8:42am On Jan 26, 2023
Cashing out from someone else misery.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Yxxx: 8:43am On Jan 26, 2023
She should go ahead and produce the movie but remember Linda you have a son, karma visits as well and his movie will be produced LEGALLY.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by BusinessPlan22: 8:43am On Jan 26, 2023
buygala:

I'm telling you baba.
I don't want to remember that story, I wont even watch it, Listen to M.I ashes... That song about them still sends cold to my spine.
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by BusinessPlan22: 8:46am On Jan 26, 2023
Buddha3:

I hear you, Mr Agbe.

But have you stopped to ask yourself why the group championing this course on behalf of the parents are yet to approach the courts and have rather been seeking audience with Ikeji and Netflix?

Have you stopped to wonder why Netflix is going ahead with the production despite claims that the families have not been contacted? You think a movie conglomerate that big does not have a legal department to advise on all inputs and consequences before proceeding?

Yes, Linda Ikeji erred on the moral side for not talking to the families prior to this movie making and she deserves whatever dragging she gets. But, she is not bound by any law anywhere to do so.

Since we are not bound by law to treat people well, we all can as well become wild animals.

2 Likes

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by deavicky(m): 8:49am On Jan 26, 2023
God1000:
Good, they should not use that tragic event to make money.

None of them said anything about bringing the perpetrators to book since all these years.
it's a pity they where killed in that manner honestly it's really pathetic but the truth is that those boys were not innocent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Qatar2022: 8:50am On Jan 26, 2023
Lionize:
Without the consent of the family? You people take everything for a joke here
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Octobertwentysix(f): 8:50am On Jan 26, 2023
In a saner clime consultations would had be made with the parents, this is a tragic event, I remember this story, my younger brother was a course mate of one of the slain boys and I know the pain and trauma he had at their death, this story is only going to open up old wounds and the families consent would have been sought if they are willing to tell their story.

1 Like

Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by moyosore32: 8:53am On Jan 26, 2023
This isn’t right, d families have a right to Sue linda to d last, ds linda babe dosent act professional sometimes sef smh 😏
Re: Dark October: Parents Of Slain ALUU-4 Urge Linda Ikeji, Netflix To Retract Movie by Thomasankara(m): 8:55am On Jan 26, 2023
Nwadu:
We will not forget...

Alu 4
End SAS toll gate
Awkuzu SAS
The bullion vans that entered tinubu house eve to election
The monies that were discovered in ikoyi house
The killers of bola ige
The remaining chibok girls
The Death of abiola
The inhumane treatment on nnamdi kalu
The killers of funsho Williams
Saro wiwa
Dele giwa
[/color]the money guzzling snake,where has it gone?[color=#770077]

Pls nairalanders feel free to add yours..
Them think say we don forget

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

BBNaija: Frodd Evicted From Big Brother House / Chief Daddy 2 (Going For Broke)- Reviews And Ratings? / New Comedy Series Black-ish Download Links

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.