Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,988 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? (25795 Views)

Kenyan Puts Up His Kidney For Sale To Raise Money For His Brother’s School Fees / We Have Not Been Able To Have Sex Yet After 7 Months Of Marriage / Photos: You Won't Be Able To Guess Who The Mother Is In These Photos But Try (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by FriendsAndFans(m): 8:08pm On Jan 26, 2023
I am planning on getting married this year, so i want to seek guidance from married folks how they were able to raise funds to sponsor their introduction and wedding.

i dont have a partner yet, i just want to plan ahead.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 26, 2023
Don't you have work you do? You can save up from there. Abi you wan borrow do wedding? grin

128 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Romanoff(f): 8:23pm On Jan 26, 2023
We cut our coat according to our fabric.

We didn't sell asoebi to raise funds, we didn't task family members or friends, we didn't beg or borrow.

We did a small traditional marriage and went to the court to seal it.

Everything no pass 800k.

The monetary gifts we got, we used to buy luxuries needed in our house.

Best decision of our lives.

485 Likes 41 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Nickisindigo(m): 8:35pm On Jan 26, 2023
Romanoff:
We cut our coat according to our fabric.

We didn't sell asoebi to raise funds, we didn't task family members or friends, we didn't beg or borrow.

We did a small traditional marriage and went to the court to seal it.

Everything no pass 800k.

The monetary gifts we got, we used to buy luxuries needed in our house.

Best decision of our lives.

I subscribe to this concept

132 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Etosha: 9:56pm On Jan 26, 2023
Some friends solicited for financial support during their weddings... I can't do that. I will rather wait until I can finance my wedding alone.

176 Likes 14 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Kobojunkie: 10:01pm On Jan 26, 2023
FriendsAndFans:
I am planning on getting married this year, so i want to seek guidance from married folks how they were able to raise funds to sponsor their introduction and wedding.

i dont have a partner yet, i just want to plan ahead.
I hope you are also not thinking of plunging into hypogamy as well, cause I can all but assure you the chances are 83% that you will regret that decision over the cause of your marriage. undecided

2 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by BMathew: 3:12pm On Jan 28, 2023
Following....🧐
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by FriendsAndFans(m): 5:14pm On Jan 28, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I hope you are also not thinking of plunging into hypogamy as well, cause I can all but assure you the chances are 83% that you will regret that decision over the cause of your marriage. undecided
for some reasons you drove fear into me embarassed i know hypogamy means marriage into a lower caste, class, or social group.
Men dont bother much about where they find love. Also in Nigeria, its hard to differentiate between the lower class and the middle class. Its just the lower class and the higher class

58 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by ThatrealestApex: 1:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
M

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Deejaygold(m): 1:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
cool
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by NaughtyBrainiac: 1:59pm On Jan 29, 2023
Lol
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2023
A Big Question...

Let's waiting for inputs...
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by mkoabiola: 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2023
I Nver do yet

Wen I see wify first
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Nawteemaxie(m): 2:00pm On Jan 29, 2023
Wait! Y`all are getting married!? 😯😯

1 Like

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by inoki247: 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
Weekly Esusu....

use 100k naira pack 100 billion dollar...

13 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Olachase(m): 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
I bought baby ram for 10k and rear it for good 5years 😁😁

I set 10k to my mom in osun she supplies me garri and yam flower

I sent 10k to my wife mom in Ondo she supplies us palm oli and pepper

Inside the bride price list items that we brought, her mom still returned 80% of items, I love my wife family

Buh I don't like my wife for one thing she doesn't have power to make pounded yam

And she doesn't like me for one thing she said I nake like machine 😁😁😁

86 Likes 9 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by opera1(m): 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
I took a loan of 500k, use it for business and I was able to double the money for the wedding.
I had my wedding November 5th 2022.

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Innobee99(m): 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
When I was planning for wedding, I didn't even have close to 50k but when it came close doors began to open and the day was a huge success

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by ishowdotgmail(m): 2:01pm On Jan 29, 2023
Most borrow money to impress the guests who doesn’t give a Fvck than to eat and drink.

Then they leave you with your fate, make you and your wife they carry am

57 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by toujurs: 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
I have a savings of 3m, i have budgeted for marriage. I hope to spend less, so i can use the balance for something else, but with the way things are getting high. So guy, start saving.

16 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Mightymanna(m): 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
It should be simple and wholistic

2 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by jeromestarks: 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
Imagine what men go through just to pay bride price, sponsor wedding ceremony and take care of in-laws.

Do not go through such stress just to have a woman who was fvcked when she was intact (virgin) by a boy who didn't even know her parents not to mention paying bride price on her.

A woman who has given her best (virginity) to another man should not expect the best from you.

A woman you did not disvirgin will fvck her ex the moment he shows up to her on Facebook or in the market. Never marry such a woman. Just fvck her and let others continue fvcking her.

Do not allow any family sell a woman who has been fvcked and mounted by many men to you as a bride. She isn't a bride anymore cus she has no pride left in her. No glory left in her, she's now a cargo of bad news.

Only a fool will suffer to marry a woman who has been fvcked and mounted by many men. Are you the fool?

Finally, fvck any girl you want but it comes to marriage, take the pains to find a virgin woman and marry. Better to suffer to find a virgin woman and have a lasting peaceful home than to marry a woman who has been fvcked and mounted by many men and SUFFER IN YOUR MARRIAGE.

No hymen, NO COMMITMENT.

82 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by DIVINEEVIDENCE: 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
If you're asking this question then it implies you should pursue financial stability and take your eyes off marriage for now.

Me dey budget 1m for my wedding, but until I have that amount in cash and more than that in investments, marriage can wait.

Pursue financial stability first, it would take care of a whole lot of frustrations you'd otherwise experience in marriage.

Wedding is not an investment where you plough in cash expecting to reap dividends.

Any money you put in a wedding is better assumed as money used to fund Buhari's elections.

You were warned.

75 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Lanre4uonly(m): 2:02pm On Jan 29, 2023
There is no specific amount for a wedding, it all depends on how you want your wedding day to be.

My only advice to you is that, you should rule out any opinion that someone you know would give you donation towards your wedding because i'm afraid you will be disappointed in the end if you tailored your budget towards that path.

Most importantly, prepare for a "marital life" as you're preparing for your wedding day.

All the best OP.

21 Likes

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by ZendayaColeman(f): 2:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
God Did!!!
Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by LincolnOnyeabor: 2:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
Why save when you can do what is called Lagos Marriage??

Modified: For those asking, Lagos Marriage is simply the type of marriage obtainable in Lagos and some of our Mega Cities.

The couple just cohabit and give birth to children. Then when the man is ready and buoyant enough to perform Marriage rites for the woman, it wouldn't be as expensive as it ought to.

That is the Science of Lagos Marriage grin grin grin grin grin

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Najdorf: 2:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
Nigeria is a funny country. You'll see men that are struggling bitterly financially still rushing to get married. No plan for how he's going to support his family. No plan for how he's going to support his kids. Before age 30 you'll already see them with 3-4 kids and the cycle of poverty continues.

85 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Pells: 2:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
Marriage is overrated

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Were You Able To Raise Money And Finance Your Wedding ? by Guderian(m): 2:03pm On Jan 29, 2023
Understood

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Hilarious Lies You've Ever Told Your Parents! / "Disrespect My Mum I Divorce You" .too Harsh? / A Lady Ran Away With My Pregnancy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.