Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,147 members, 7,860,116 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:56 AM

Advice To Newbies: Coding Is Very Hard!!! - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Advice To Newbies: Coding Is Very Hard!!! (1879 Views)

Coding Is HARD, And Sometimes Confusing But Not When You Have The Right Teacher / Coding Is About Consistency And Determination by AI / Coding Is Hard, How do You Get Along? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice To Newbies: Coding Is Very Hard!!! by truthCoder: 10:19am On Jan 29, 2023
Lets get contexts clear.

Coding is different from programming.

Coding is the ability to write instructions in a language that the computer understands.

Programming involves the bigger picture of creating an outline and structure to the program’s code, before the code is written. After the code is written, the programmer needs to make sure it works and maintains it over time. (See ref below for more details)

It is easy to code. Just learn the syntax.

To program is a different ball game.

Following these definitions, many people are coders who can replicate a ui design for example, but cannot sit down to develop the logic for the whole project on their own to make a production ready application. This is the hard part.

https://www.uopeople.edu/blog/coding-vs-programming/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Advice To Newbies: Coding Is Very Hard!!! by EbenezerTriumph: 11:03am On Jan 29, 2023
lordally:
The most useless thread I have ever read in all my years on Nairaland!

Complete Trash!
I stopped at where she said she contemplated suicide because she failed at coding
Re: Advice To Newbies: Coding Is Very Hard!!! by truthCoder: 11:10am On Jan 29, 2023
EbenezerTriumph:
I stopped at where she said she contemplated suicide because she failed at coding

And this is you?

There is nothing i wont see on Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Newbies: Coding Is Very Hard!!! by Bugie16: 11:38am On Jan 29, 2023
tensazangetsu20:
LoL I think being a doctor is so much more difficult than being a programmer. It's just that Nigeria has destroyed the prestige of the medical profession but you can't compare it at all.
Tensa. I want to register for Workforce programme on Alx which is starting next month, please I would appreciate if you can share some info about workforce. I have been following your post and I observed you're very knowledgeable about workforce.
Re: Advice To Newbies: Coding Is Very Hard!!! by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:41am On Jan 29, 2023
Bugie16:
Tensa. I want to register for Workforce programme on Alx which is starting next month, please I would appreciate if you can share some info about workforce. I have been following your post and I observed you're very knowledgeable about workforce.

I absolutely know nothing about workforce or alx. Sorry
Re: Advice To Newbies: Coding Is Very Hard!!! by Excel70: 12:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
Bugie16:
Hi I want to register for there software engineering program on Alx.. Do you've any idea
Re: Advice To Newbies: Coding Is Very Hard!!! by Bugie16: 12:29pm On Jan 29, 2023
tensazangetsu20:

I absolutely know nothing about workforce or alx. Sorry
ok
Re: Advice To Newbies: Coding Is Very Hard!!! by Bugie16: 12:30pm On Jan 29, 2023
Excel70:

Hi I want to register for there software engineering program on Alx.. Do you've any idea
The programme is for about 12 months and it's also time demanding.
Re: Advice To Newbies: Coding Is Very Hard!!! by Excel70: 12:35pm On Jan 29, 2023
Bugie16:
The programme is for about 12 months and it's also time demanding.
Can I still register
Re: Advice To Newbies: Coding Is Very Hard!!! by Bugie16: 2:29pm On Jan 29, 2023
Excel70:

Can I still register
yes,you can register.
Re: Advice To Newbies: Coding Is Very Hard!!! by lordally(m): 3:49pm On Jan 29, 2023
EbenezerTriumph:

No mind the Clown!
Re: Advice To Newbies: Coding Is Very Hard!!! by CaveAdullam: 3:53pm On Jan 29, 2023
SavageBoy:
For a fact, coding is hard. But you saying coding is tougher than medicine is WRONG.

Why do you think folks who were known as the most intelligent in secondary school often get humbled by medicine? And many of them even struggle not to be kicked out of med school.

No matter how complex machine learning as a field is, its complexity is nothing compared to a field like neurosurgery or cardiology.

Why is the path to becoming a doctor a long and rigorous one? Why aren't doctors made in 9 months to 2 years?

You're just an advanced learner in this thing called coding. You must have learned one or two during your self-taught coding journey.

All you have to do is just encourage complete newbies never to come with a mindset that coding is an easy-peasy get-rich-quick scheme.

And like Caveadullam once said in his post. Anything hard can be made simple by increasing the amount of time you spend learning that thing. It's true with coding and medicine.

1. The simplicity or complexity of a matter has different sides.

To a man who has taken his time to understand complex material, that complex material becomes simple.

To a man that is unfamiliar with that complex material, that material is complex and confusing.

2. It comes down to understanding whether the f material is simple or complex by popular consensus. There are some things that by popular consensus are easy, but, difficult for the average or dumb man. It is no longer a matter of if that material is inherently complex or simple but the capacity of the learner.

3. Here comes IQ. Most people downplay the effect of IQ until it becomes difficult to cross a mark. This doesn't indicate that those with Low IQs, can't achieve better performance if they put in the work; the fact is that they will struggle hard, and only a few of them will succeed especially when it comes to STEM.

4. The STEM field is hard, a tough struggle, and only fit for those with high IQs. Even intelligent people struggle with many scientific and technological sectors, not to talk of low IQs. The people that hit it big in programming/coding within 6months - 1 year are those with two or all of the following:
A. High IQ.
B. Good environment for learning and support.
C. Easy access to top programmers.
D. Mentors from day 1.
E. Money.
F. Free time.
G. Early internship.

High IQ will struggle if environmental and socioeconomic factors are not taken care of. And harder for those with low IQ.

5. What the Op said is correct. You are correct too. Programming is no child's play according to experts and those proficient in the game. To succeed in this game, put aside making it big in the next 6 months - 1 year. Invest much time and be patient. With constant practice and investment, you too will break through.

6. Whether medicine or computer programming, STEM is hard. But you can succeed if you choose to + being favored by luck and chance.

Thanks.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Programming Books 2020. / Is It Good To Use Ms Access For A Company Database / How Do I Make Php Time() Static

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.