Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,263 members, 7,829,526 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:31 AM

Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? (9647 Views)

It Is Not By Force To Give Offerings And Tithe / Apostle Suleman: Offering And Tithe Can’t Buy Private Jet / Bishop Mike Okonkwo's Confession About First Fruit And Tithe (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by kernniejay(m): 12:32pm On Jan 29, 2023
Righthussle:
Christains believe when you give tithe and offering, you're giving to their God because he needs their money to do his "work". So it is bad to give old note to their God. How will he spend the money when nobody will accept it from him or his men ? His "work" as his men call it, is dependent on your money. So giving old notes to the Christain God is a big sin.

But giving your money whether old or new notes to anyone with the hope that you are giving to the power or being behind the existence of the universe is foolishness. Whoever made the universe does not need your money for anything.

There are always mad men hanging around this kind of topic for opportunity to spew their trash whenever there is a topic that talks about God or the church.
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by VULCAN(m): 12:47pm On Jan 29, 2023
Why must you bring personal stupidity into Christianity?

The Industrial Revolution was kick-started by Christians in Austria, Germany, Scotland and England.

Men with functional brains.

And here you are hundreds of years later asking such a daft question.

On Fridays I usually see such daft questions like "what is the Islamic ruling on answering phone calls".

Don't ever bring such Foolishness here again.

Christianity is known for Light

Kingzy4real:
2 Corinthians 9:6
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

From the above quotation, all I have is old money. So is it a Sin if I give it as an offering??
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
Honchoslim16:

Bro there's nothing that's gon' happen!
IFA orunmila lon soro mi dayo cool

Not paying tithe doesn't have effect on humans..... Stop hallucinating!

It seems some of you Christians have worms in that skull 💀

✌✌
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by Honchoslim16(m): 12:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
Rayban25:

✌✌
Straight up 😎
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by Akpacha(m): 12:50pm On Jan 29, 2023
It is even a scam to take offerings and tithes.
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by DrMuzungu(m): 1:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
A government of fraudsters and terrorists can't determine what SIN is.
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by Kinzo0917(m): 1:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
Righthussle:
Christains believe when you give tithe and offering, you're giving to their God because he needs their money to do his "work". So it is bad to give old note to their God. How will he spend the money when nobody will accept it from him or his men ? His "work" as his men call it, is dependent on your money. So giving old notes to the Christain God is a big sin.

But giving your money whether old or new notes to anyone with the hope that you are giving to the power or being behind the existence of the universe is foolishness. Whoever made the universe does not need your money for anything.
. How does it concerns you mr Antichrist? Whether you like it or not, we will give. Abi na your money we dey give? If e pain you, go hug transformer
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by anonymuz(m): 1:48pm On Jan 29, 2023
Honchoslim16:

One just said cos people don't pay tithe, that's why they suffer.

That's the funniest thing I heard today 😄

Does he even think everyone earns in Naira like him.

black man's mentality
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by faceLAGOS: 1:55pm On Jan 29, 2023
Religious people are mad people.

I dislike them with so much passion.
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by Honchoslim16(m): 1:58pm On Jan 29, 2023
anonymuz:
black man's mentality
That's one of the problems we got in this country

1 Like

Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by 4ward4: 2:10pm On Jan 29, 2023
cravingmind:

Two type of sin..

Sin of omission
Sin of Commission

LMAO , I actually don’t know where those where. Gotten from .
Mortal & Venial Sin…
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by Lizzyify: 2:23pm On Jan 29, 2023
Dont give old naira note after 31st
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by President2001(m): 2:27pm On Jan 29, 2023
Is not a sin so far is not expired
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by phemmyfour: 2:37pm On Jan 29, 2023
Kingzy4real:
2 Corinthians 9:6
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

From the above quotation, all I have is old money. So is it a Sin if I give it as an offering??
No, as at when it's giving...they were legal tender. It becomes a sin when they are no longer legal tender
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by barinedan(m): 2:42pm On Jan 29, 2023
It is not a sin as long as it is not done after the deadline
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by anonymuz(m): 2:55pm On Jan 29, 2023
Honchoslim16:

That's one of the problems we got in this country
And that's what's holding virtually all Africans back. I don't know why the western world are superior to us. Until we change this,I doubt it,we will continue to be mental slavery which is worse that the physical one.
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by BenedictAbajue(m): 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
LeopardX:
It's not a sin.
But the church should make it easy for the members by providing alternative means of payment like POS and bank transfer.

Na so we dey do am for church now o
We go come put pos receipt inside tithe envelope.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by Mayeldah(m): 3:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
OboOlora:
No sense in this thread, the OP just created it for attention. If deadline is in 3days, why are you giving ‘God’ the old notes.

Would you want him to give u blessings that will last just 3days too?

Use ur sense pls Op, don’t be unfortunate!

Is God really bothered about this? It is still a legal tender and that's what the man has.

Whether you give offerings today or not God care less. Btw, it is now still valid till Feb 10
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by Honchoslim16(m): 3:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
anonymuz:
And that's what's holding virtually all Africans back. I don't know why the western world are superior to us. Until we change this,I doubt it,we will continue to be mental slavery which is worse that the physical one.
Yep, Africans generally!

I don't think 80% of Africans are willing to be free!

Mental slavery is worse!

Imagine calling your culture and traditions evil.
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by BenedictAbajue(m): 3:41pm On Jan 29, 2023
4ward4:

LMAO , I actually don’t know where those where. Gotten from . Mortal & Venial Sin…
You are not a catholic. Kole ye yin
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by ahamonyeka(m): 4:26pm On Jan 29, 2023
Is a sin when is not a legal tender
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jan 29, 2023
If you ever thought that you have been giving the tithes and offerings to any God then you need brain scan. The god that you give your offerings and tithes to will not be able to spend it after the deadline of Feb 10th.
Re: Is It A Sin To Give Offering And Tithe With Old Money? by Teymanhenry(f): 5:27am On Jan 30, 2023
gfelo:
Remember the offering of Cain and Abel, where by Abel offer the best of his farm products to God while Cain gave the one that is bad.

Don't be like Cain because God judgement will descend on you instantly.
... It's a different case, both movies have same value. The church can take the money to the Bank. Don't misguided people pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Who Should We Direct Our Praises To? God Or Jesus? / If You Were Asked To Preach In Your Church, What Will Be Your Message? / How Do Christians Handle Miracles/magic In The Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.